Total Football: Tic-Tac Magick

If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?  

547 members have voted

1. 1. If you've tried the tactic, please answer: Are you having success with this tactic?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we're confusing two issues.

I honestly don't spend too much time on youth players. All mine suck, any that don't get immediately put onto full time contracts as soon as possible.

Having looked up the issue, when I release a V3, I shall research the youth training and bump up their physicals.

This is my advice on how to handle it.

It's not just the actual youth schedules that matter, it's also players on professional contracts who still have alot of CA gain to go through. Those 18-19-20 year olds who have 30-50 CA left to gain should build up their physicals as much as possible. So what you really need is a 'developing' player professional schedule for each position, where you essentially trade a few training ticks from other areas and let them improve their physical attributes a little bit more quickly.

i converted the home tactic to TC because i just like how tc tactics look :p, all player intruction ect were replicated so i can up load it if any body wants although i might have made an error or two so if i do could somebody check?

hello everyone, I advise you all to use the home tactics and to not use a playmaker ! I have very very very good results with that !

thanks realmadrid for this fantastic tactic

hi,mate

that's interesting.

can u show some screenshots.

ah,but if ur using imageshack,i'm getting error for some reason and can't c the pics :(

anyways i'm intrigued in trying this.might give it a try..

Hey,Real Madrid_2007!

U left us alone long enough now though!!!Ah,i'm just kidding,mate..

work must be pretty hectic,huh!

hey,fellas(and ladies).after leaving galatasaray for success hungry man.city,this is how i'm doing by the half of the season,with a game in my hand.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2dh8eih.jpg

i'll have to say i kinda hope for a little better performance.but i gotta give it to man. u. and chelsea.they're playing top notch really.

i have two problem really that i never had with my galatasaray.this i have to say might be cause of the quality of the league too but i have won the champs league twice in a row with gala and didn't quite had such problems i should say.

so the problems are first i give up way more goals from corners,maybe half of what i concede.and at least another half in the last 15 min. trying to kepp my lead.otherwise i would have been first in the league.

so i know in premierr league corners and crosses are a big deal important in EPL but those two ways r the only ways they scored.either corners or a drilling cross and bum in the back of the net.if i can reduce them somehow.it'll be awesome.

now i use the time wasting of course and pull the def. line to half notch and untick the offside towrds the end if i'm leading and they started to charge with no other option left for tham as they are losing.

and the last 10 games or so inarrowed the tactic further three notches.still trying to figure out if i did good or not :)

well i'm oopen to suggetions.thanx...

hi,mate

that's interesting.

can u show some screenshots.

ah,but if ur using imageshack,i'm getting error for some reason and can't c the pics :(

anyways i'm intrigued in trying this.might give it a try..

Here some screenshots of results :

5wdiA.png

hZC4A.png

phYp8.png

I would like to clarify that I always put a left foot on the right and vice versa

ok,i payed 2 games with no playmakers.won them both,but both were easy to say the least.

the player that's normally my pm had more than half less passes than he normally makes.the others simply get more involved in the game.

i dont know if i'm reaching here but it might be tricky.i think it can be better or worse depending on the intelligence of the other midfielders especially the def. minded centre mid.

i don't know if i want that so much.

but on the other hand it seems like there's a little more variety in the game.

anyway too early for me to say yet.

will try a few more games.

Hey guys who do u think i should get?

Aguero

Abel Hernandez

Hulk

Babacar

Buy Aguero, hulk and Babacar. I have the first and the last one and currently looking to buy Hulk as I heard he is destroying in AMR spot with this tactic.

Also, I used 4-5-1 Sexy tactic and modifed it so there are now 2 MC's and 1 AMC. I am playing with arsenal, just bought Pastore for AMC position.

Having a huge success since modification of Sexy tactic. All my players have extremelly high grades and strikes score for fun, as well as wingers and AMC. Sometimes MCl also scores.

If anyone is interested I can put it here and explain the thing about tempo and time wasting.

I always start with 3 notches for time wasting as this gives better results then 6.

I change my tempo due to the opposition pressing and home and away matches.

Haven't lost a single game this sesson with Arsenal and, in my save, it is january of 2012.

Very good tactic

I've seen that tehre are 5 tactics, but which one is the best?. Some say that Home&away works best and others say that the standard works best for them. I'm playing with Barca and i would like to play as similary as them. Which one would u recommend?

Buy Aguero, hulk and Babacar. I have the first and the last one and currently looking to buy Hulk as I heard he is destroying in AMR spot with this tactic.

Also, I used 4-5-1 Sexy tactic and modifed it so there are now 2 MC's and 1 AMC. I am playing with arsenal, just bought Pastore for AMC position.

Having a huge success since modification of Sexy tactic. All my players have extremelly high grades and strikes score for fun, as well as wingers and AMC. Sometimes MCl also scores.

If anyone is interested I can put it here and explain the thing about tempo and time wasting.

I always start with 3 notches for time wasting as this gives better results then 6.

Haven't lost a single game this sesson with Arsenal and, in my save, it is january of 2012.

Very good tactic

A formation with an AMC in would suit me perfectly having Paulo Henrique and Canales at the moment if you don't mind ;)

Very good tactic

Yeah I would be interested in this tactic, some screenshots etc would be good.

Appreciated.

Well, that's me finished my 1st season in the SPL with Hearts, I'll let these screenshots speak for themselves.

League Table

2010-11league.jpg

Some impressive results from the season

hea2-0cel.jpg

hea2-0ran.png

Scottish Cup Final

hea3-0hib.png

So as you can see, I totally dominated those matches and most matches were like that during the season. This tactic doesn't score insane amounts but I still ended up with the most goals scored in the league. I just love this tactic and the style of football it plays. Hopefully I can push for the title this year.

Incase anyone was wondering, I was using Realmadrid's Away tactic to begin with but then switched to Barkermush's 4-5-1 Sexy which produced better results for me. I made very small tweaks to this tactic, nothing major though.

So credit mostly to Realmadrid for creating such a great tactic and great OP, also credit to Barkermush for making improvements on the tactic.

Very good tactic

yeah,i'd take a look at this modification as well,mate.

Am i the only one not using this old version of how to set up tactics? I'm getting a little frustrated, because I don't understand a lot of English and I especially do not understand all the FM abbreviations you guys are using. So it could, for me, be nice to downloade a tactic (with no changes in how you set up your tactics) to kick-off my understanding off this tiki-taka tactic. Because right know, I can't really use this thread for much :/ Can anybody help?

In search of a new challenge after a glittering 7 year career with FC Porto :D Used the Home tactic throughout and it was amazing..

http://img535.imageshack.us/i/portosilverware.png/ Appeared in the CL Final in 5 out of the 6 times I was in it.. winning 4 and losing one on pens! My first season I won the EURO Cup

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/finaltableg.png/ This is my final league table in my most recent season.. goals galore and a fantastic goal difference too.. perfect season!

Other notes: During my time at Porto I played rivals Benfica 24 times, winning 20!

Hulk scored over 200 goals for me.

Nicolas Otamendi is a warrior :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?w1n6lr8ozjlj7w8

Hope that works for you.. isn't much different to the HOME TACTIC.. all RealMadrids work to be honest the changes are set pieces and slightly to the full backs.. I set Match Prep to average none but in pre season I set it to team blend high... also a small tip which seemed to work for me is if struggling in a certain area during the season for example then switch match prep to that area on a high workload for 1-2 weeks and then switch back to the average none setting!

Also I change tempo and time wasting during the game but that is what I start the game with and there have been games where I haven't needed to change it. :D

Right...sorry guys for my lack of input. I know I keep saying it, but I've been really busy -- I've been building a database so there aren't really fixed hours, just seem to have been working on it all the time :( But it's off for testing now so it means I'll be reunited with FM this weekend :D

Just like to say a big thanks to Gee and John_Cro for maintaining their input and developing the tactics further. Also, thanks to **zinedremomeri for the training schedules -- It's been my ambition to have a tactic with training schedules, so we can move from club to club taking our philosophies with us :p

Hoeven -- The Home tactic is the newest tactic, so try this one and see how you get on. Anything you don't understand, just let me know.

Hopefully back soon with a tweaked tactic!

**EDIT:

dawidbowie: Woops -- Thanks for the effort you've put in :D

zinedremomeri: Good shout lol.

Just like to say a big thanks to Gee and John_Cro for maintaining their input and developing the tactics further. Also, thanks to zinedremomeri for the training schedules -- It's been my ambition to have a tactic with training schedules, so we can move from club to club taking our philosophies with us :p

the training schedule is dawidbowie's so all thank's go to him.

i on the other hand am loyal servant to the tactic .LOL...

hey fellas is there anybody else who loves the tactic but have just one problem where i build up a lead almost 90% of the games,but sometimes i just see it coming that they are to fight back..

so i stall the game like we always talk through timewaste and def. line.and even pull back on the mentality.but sometimes they manage to come back anyways.in a game i dominate all of a sudden 1-2 goals back to back.

or sometimes thhe game won't flow for me as much as regular times,even with time w. and tempo adj.and i wanna go conservative and finish the game with the lead i have.look to make some counters first then stall the game and waste time so that i'll still have momentum.and they'll keep hitting the wall and suffer quick hitbacks and if not get frustratedwith time wasting.

i've been thinking about either getting to dmc's one of which is the pm. or pull the insideforw. to wide mid...for the last 15. min. or so tops.only when i know for a fact that they're becoming dangerous in front of my goal and catching me with less def. than their off.

i cut off the forw.runs for fullbacks,too on that case.but it looks like if it's gonna happen it happens :)

what do u guys think.i'm open to suggestions here ;)

cause if i hadn't given away 2 or 3 draws like that i think i'd have had an almost flawless season.

at the moment with 10 games to go i'm at the top of the table with only a point but a game in my hand.and still on track in the fa cup and euro cup.

i've come to observe that incresing t.w. when with a quick tempo tends to keep the poss. more rather than just a quick tempo.

cause if u don't have a really creatice and intelligent team,quick tempo loses ball more often than desired.but with an increased time wasting they move the ball around with less panic and be patient despite the high tempo.

so if u increase the tempo to get rid of the heavy press. i'd suggest that.

I've only ever used 20 clicks for Tempo and 0 clicks for Time Wasting -- This was when I was 2-0 down, so I decided to just go for it. We won 3-2 :D

I have been looking at this quote, and it struck me... if it is so efficient to use 20 Tempo and 0 Time Wasting, is it not good to always use it as a standard as long as you are the stronger opponent and not in the lead?

I have been looking at this quote, and it struck me... if it is so efficient to use 20 Tempo and 0 Time Wasting, is it not good to always use it as a standard as long as you are the stronger opponent and not in the lead?

It's not really efficient to be honest. You'll se a lot of lost possession and it's effectiveness is generally based on the mistakes made by the opposition. It will probably kill your players too, due to the heavy closing down and 100 mph football.

Also, Tottenham Vs Arsenal last night was epic. Managed to catch the 2nd half in the hotel bar -- too good!

After trying like 50 tactics since 11.3, this is the most consistent one and the only one that bring me trophy. (Auxerre won Ligue 1 in 1st season without any signing)

For lazy person like me, it is useful to make a tactic set (different time wasting/tempo) for fast changing during the game.

I wil definatelly buy him for that position (AMR). Has anyone got any new tweak that improves even further these peace of art?

i've narrowed the width further 3 notches.

i was already considering it,and then i read r.m_2007 suggesting it too.so gave it a go.i don't know if the team got real fluent with the tactic or what.but they seem to much better after that.i'm on a 39 games unbeaten streak yet after that with man. city.

funny thing is i thought by doing that i was gonna concede less,but i started scoring more!

so maybe it's just that the got real fluent with it.probably best wait for what r.m_2007 has to say about it..

After trying like 50 tactics since 11.3, this is the most consistent one and the only one that bring me trophy. (Auxerre won Ligue 1 in 1st season without any signing)

For lazy person like me, it is useful to make a tactic set (different time wasting/tempo) for fast changing during the game.

and what i like more about it is with most of the tactics i read that somehow the A.I. gets familiar with tactics after a while and they become less effective.i don't know if it's true or not but if it is,then it don't happen with this particular tactic.which is another upside..

i have also been trying the latest mentality changes and width has suggested by realmadrid....so far in my man utd save 1st season after 20 games have scored 80 goals and conceded only 8.

what i like is that you don't need to create a huge amount of CCC's....most games i only create about 2/4 but because my other goalscoring attempts (you create alot of different goalscoring opportunities rather than the same ones all the time) go on target you seem to score more!!

i've narrowed the width further 3 notches.

i was already considering it,and then i read r.m_2007 suggesting it too.so gave it a go.i don't know if the team got real fluent with the tactic or what.but they seem to much better after that.i'm on a 39 games unbeaten streak yet after that with man. city.

funny thing is i thought by doing that i was gonna concede less,but i started scoring more!

so maybe it's just that the got real fluent with it.probably best wait for what r.m_2007 has to say about it..

Thank you for your effort

I will definately try it out.

Funny how this idea came to me a long time ago. When playing WIDE formations I would set my width to narrow and vice versa, with no wingers I would play wider.

Yeah tbh the idea about setting the tactics to be even more narrow is a good one as if you look at how Barca play IRL they focus alot of their play in central positions. I have also set my wingers to cut inside and that seems to help alot too.

Yeah tbh the idea about setting the tactics to be even more narrow is a good one as if you look at how Barca play IRL they focus alot of their play in central positions. I have also set my wingers to cut inside and that seems to help alot too.

Another advice that helps, thanks

Archived