[FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

rancer890

January 2, 2023

My sending off gift (using their money hehe :p): Sun Xianwen

Ricky Nakano resigns as Henan manager

ZHENGZHOU - It's a sad day for fans of Henan Jianye as their long time manager Ricky Nakano has decided to resign. Nakano was very grateful of the Henan faithful, stating that 'Henan supporters will always have a place in my heart' and 'Henan will always be my 2nd home'. Recently, Nakano guided Henan to titles in the AFC Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup, shocking UEFA Champions League holders Sevilla in the Semi-Final.

----

Now, hopefully I get something decent...although realistically I could be waiting a few months before getting another job, in late June and July. I didn't want to resign mid season with Henan so I rather resign now before the start of pre-season. Knowing me, I'll probably have to take a step down in a way. Charlton in League Two looks interesting, but I want to learn a new language. :D

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha just watch. they will sell 95% of the squad then sit in 4th place for years to come. Its what my last team is doing :(

I fully expect them to sell. The foreigners at Henan don't want to sign new contracts. The next manager better sell them and not let them go on a free!!! :mad:

February 17, 2023

Stolen shamelessly from Jason's thread. :D

I don't care about years on my contract. And I have no interest in going back to the AFC, unless it's Suwon.

ALL FIGURES USD (you should all know that by now!)

Club	Transfer	Wage Budget	Wages		Finances	Stadium		Training	Youth		Recruitment   Salary
Persijap     45k	$1.6mil/yr	$1.1mil/yr	Okay		12.5k (8000)	F. Basic	Minimal + YA	Limited	      $155k/yr
Alcoron   19.25k        $1.3mil/yr      $1.2mil/yr      Insecure        2890            Adequate        F. Basic        F. Basic      $130/yr
PSPS          0k        $650k/yr        $568k/yr        Insecure        24.3k (5300)    F. Basic        Minimal + YA    Limited       $66k/yr
Roeselare    23k        $1.8mil/yr      $1.77mil/yr     Insecure        8836 (5636)     Adequate        Adequate + YA   Adequate      $180k/yr
Sydney    4.4mil        $2.7mil/yr      $2.5mil/yr      Okay            41159           Average         Average         Average       $230k/yr

Club	    Avg. Att			  Status
Persijap	6000		             Pro
Alcoron         1000                         Pro
PSPS            4500                         Pro
Roeselare       3400                         Pro
Sydney         20000                         Pro

Alcoron - small stadium = no future

Roeselare - debatable, but leaning towards no due to the horrible debt they have

I obviously rejected the other jobs.

Will keep everyone informed about latest developments. One job I've declared in that I kinda fancy is the Murcia job, they in the Segunda B division but I think they have the facilities and personnel to do better. I am probably aiming to manage in a big nation unless the circumstances are right. :)

Charlton in League Two does sound appealing to me.....

What other jobs are tempting you though?

Murcia in Segunda B is somewhere I really want to go. I remember they used to be in La Liga so I'm sure they at least have some resources to get back. Nice club with good facilities. Not a whole lot of debt, but no expiring contracts. Oh, and Man Utd sacked Phelan, so I'm a bit interested in that job too hehe.

I rejected Roeselare. Too much debt and CoachFlu's performance in Belgium persuaded my decision. :p

I'm willing to wait a few months or until early June when clubs start sacking relegated clubs into another playable league, unless the job offer is right for me.

March 16, 2023

FSV_Frankfurt.png

Transfer Budget: $975k

Wage Budget: $4.7 million

Current Player Wage Total: $4.28 million

Contract: 2 years (until June 2025) at $275k per year

Standings - the board wanted promotion but disappointing results got their manager the sack. I personally want automatic promotion back to the 2.Bundesliga.

Key Players: Christophe Chapuis, Tim Niemeyer, Feijao

I think this is the best opportunity for me to succeed -- if we win promotion. We're not that far off from a promotion spot and we have 10 games.

Wow, you ARE a richie rich!! Best of luck for the next 10 weeks! :)

LOL very few people call me that...except my close friends. Do I know you? :p

And cheers, this promotion thing is a little harder than I thought though! :p

Good luck dude. I once managed them in the mists of FM08. Not a bad club.

Cheers Deisler! I'll hopefully right the ship towards a good finish...it's a nice challenge and it's a lot harder now because all the players are newgens now and I'm still trying to know the players and their strengths and weaknesses to prepare for next season.

FSV_Frankfurt.png

FSV Frankfurt

2022-2023 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 - I started my FSV Frankfurt from the Babelsberg match. Not overly disappointed that we didn't get promotion, because it gives me more time to take a look at the squad next season in the 3.Liga

DFB-Pokal - eliminated before my arrival

Transfers - only one transfer under my management

Michael Muller - impressed me in the games that he played. Good free signing

Squad

Won't really give the top goalscorer/playmaker, etc most of the club was crap when I joined...

Top Goalscorer - N/A

Top Playmaker - N/A

Most Consistent Player - N/A

Most Valuable Player - N/A

Awards

• none

Finances: - Finances

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...push for promotion to the 2.Bundesliga, and make some changes at the club (trim wages, sign better players)

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2022        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st            ACL Winners, CWC Winners
2022-2023   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                5th                                 N/A

Club World Championship winner to German 3rd tier? Did the media see it as a step down or herald you as an 'unknown'?

Anyway, best of luck with the challenge of taking Frankfurt to the top flight. :thup:

I'm World Class rep, with the title 'Respected manager'. I think I became known once I beat Sevilla. :p

They didn't say it was a step down, they stressed that I knew no German more than anything...no expectations with FSV Frankfurt, but I think I'll have to established here and at least get this club to be a good 2.Bundesliga team before I go anywhere else, and hopefully leave for another team where I'm the big club in a small league again (like a big club in Holland, Ukraine, Denmark, Belgium, or even Mexico).

Iceland has less than 10 players on national team and rest are greys. :p

The clubs that I wanted to manage are suddenly sacking their managers, like America (MEX) and Suwon. Too bad I'm committed to FSV Frankfurt and attempting to make myself a name in Europe. :(

Iceland FTW!

Unlucky about the timing :( I'm sure you will get there in the future!

Flamers

Suwon was the only job that would tempt me to stay in Asia, but now that I'm in Europe I probably won't go back to Asia for a while.

Its always the way, you want a job but it never comes up until you get settled at a new club.

I'm not really that settled tbh. Way too many long term contracts that I don't like and offering the fringe players and underachievers out on a free to get the wage bill down because there's some players coming into the club on July 1st, most of them who I did not sign.

I just hope the board gives me the time to rebuild...

FSV_Frankfurt.png

FSV Frankfurt

2023-2024 Season Preview - 3.Liga

Media Prediction: 5th

TV Revenue: $1.032 million

Estimated Value: $3.2 million (loan debt: $4.1 million) - 41st in Germany

3. Liga Expectations: win promotion

DFB-Pokal Expectations: have fun!

Transfer Budget: $875k

Wage Budget: $4.5 million (currently spending $4,471,124)

Solid first season in Germany :thup:. Is it me or is that quite a high wage budget for German 3rd Division football?

Yeah, that's the wage budget in German 3.Liga! Players are on pretty high wages at this level...

The debt of the club and the relatively low attendance figures are the main obstacles here. And of course the wages. I'll need to cut some wages to get the players I want, and I'll probably go overbudget this season if I want to successful.

That really is unbelievable pay for 3rd tier football! :eek:

Not many 3rd tiers have over a million in TV monies. :p

Players get paid as much as $400k a season in this league. Even I have a player (Feijao) getting paid that much. Once I get rid of the heavy contracts, I'll hopefully have more control and keep player wages under $300k a season.

And cheers greenwhitearmy. :)

Obscene money for the third tier of any league.

As obscene as the money is at this level, it's actually a challenge but we only get 6k a game and last season we lost $4 million. I will post a transfer update soon but just because we're paying a lot in wages doesn't mean we're got loads of money by any stretch of the imagination...

FSV_Frankfurt.png

FSV Frankfurt

2023 Summer Offseason Transfers

Transfers

Will only talk about the transfers I've made, because the ones I didn't sign they have no future at my club. Thankfully they all have 1 year contracts.

Oliver Saalbach - former Dortmund youth will some potential and a gamble on inexpensive wages

Marc Wolf - signed from FC Bayern II. Has potential to be decent

Anass Yildirim - veteran and well traveled right back who's now the new starter

Luca Lattanzi - young 'keeper who was starting games at Serie A club Napoli last season. The new #1.

Stefan Herrmann - loaned to the club after a couple of successful seasons at SC Bastia (Ligue 2) and SV Mattersburg (tipp3-Bundesliga in Austria)

Andreas Wolff - I think he has a lot of talent to succeed at this level. His previous loan destination, with Freiburg in 2.Bundesliga, he scored 5 goals in 13 games

Marvin Ducksch - well traveled striker who scored 4 goals in 9 games with Levante of La Liga

Christoph Knasmullner - signed to be the starting right midfielder, and he's now relatively inexpensive wages too

Rajko Kojic - loaned from parent club Hoffenheim to be the starting left midfielder

Lukas Werner - loaned to give depth to my centre midfield. Has nearly 2 years experience of league games (64 games) playing at the 2.Bundesliga level

Clemens Kopf - was part of the Leverkusen youth system before Barca swooped in for him in 2020 but never played for them. Hopefully he'll contribute at FSV Frankfurt

Outgoing transfers include all 4 of my strikers who played last year at FSV Frankfurt, because their wages were way too high. Sold or loan all the players that were not part of my long term plans in efforts to be successful and save some money at the same time. The fans weren't happy with the Chapuis transfer, but I had no plans to resign him so I decided to cash in before he left on a free.

Now, hopefully the season will go well. :)

Good job on the signings, Lattanzi looks a good keeper.

Well done on trimming back to wages too, AI Manager have a habit of over-paying average players.

Cheers. Lattanzi is my best player, and despite my efforts to keep wages under $300k, I'll give him an exception

I wouldn't call the AI manager overpaying (:p), a lot of them I sold on a free and I only sold one of the players for above value.

You've made some good signings there, good luck for the new season. I hope you can challenge the top teams :thup:

Cheers. Unfortunately just challenging for a promotion isn't enough. I really need promotion if I want to keep my job...

FSV_Frankfurt.png

FSV Frankfurt

2023-2024 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - Very exciting season capped off by a big win over Offenbach to clinch 2nd! The whole season was like a roller coaster and I'm happy to get promotion to the 2.Bundesliga. I was really really really lucky that Karlsruhe drew their last game so we can get 2nd on goal difference. :)

DFB-Pokal - Lost in 1st Round - very disappointing considering we were up 2-0 and we lost at least another $250k if we won the game

Transfers -

Lots of transfers!

Anass Yildirim - earns a lot of money but he was solid

Luca Lattanzi - very good season for us and only had a couple bad games all season. We definitely didn't lose games because of him

Andreas Wolff - had a real good season with 14 goals. Not sure whether to loan him again though

Christoph Knasmullner - real solid season from the winger

Lukas Werner - started at centre mid and did a very good job, despite the fact he struggled near the end of the season

Clemens Kopf - very good season and a nice complimentary striker to Wolff this season

Irakly Chezhia - did a fantastic job despite his late arrival to the club

Squad - good squad, but needs a lot of work in the off-season

Top Goalscorer - Andreas Wolff

Top Playmaker - Clemens Kopf

Most Consistent Player - Tim Niemeyer

Most Valuable Player - Andreas Wolff and Clemens Kopf, because both really complimented each other this past season

Awards

• none

Finances: - Finances

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...survive because I never want to manage in the 3.Liga again!!!

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2022        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st            ACL Winners, CWC Winners
2022-2023   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                5th                                 N/A
2023-2024   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                2nd                           Promotion

Hurrah! Congrats dude!

Cheers Deisler. :)

Well done on the promotion. You'll be Eintracht's noisy neighbours again before long!

Lol hopefully soon. FSV Frankfurt need to go to the top flight for that though, as Eintracht won their relegation playoff matchup.

First priorities is to fix the defense because as consistent as they all look, we blew a lot of winnable games and we had a lot of trouble playing against horrible teams (and even lost to the worst team in the league on a 5+ game winless streak...) and that's where I would want to get some good loans in. Getting consistency next season is the most important part of our survival in 2.Bundesliga.

FSV_Frankfurt.png

FSV Frankfurt

2024-2025 Season Preview - 2.Bundesliga

Media Prediction: 18th

TV Revenue: $5.699 million

Estimated Value: $3.3 million (loan debt: $4.1 million) - 41st in Germany

2.Bundesliga Expectations: Avoid Relegation

DFB-Pokal Expectations: Reach 2nd Round

Transfer Budget: $1.1 million

Wage Budget: $5.75 million (currently spending $4,555,723)

So much for getting FSV Frankfurt up the German leagues! :D

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

Shakhtar Donetsk - Ukraine - EpiCentre Premyer-Liha

June 24, 2024

Job Details

In a press conference with the Ukrainian media, Ricky Nakano is 'delighted' to take the Shakhtar job and fully expects the club to retain their winning ways in the league and compete in the UEFA Champions League.

Shakhtar have won 11 of the last 14 league titles so my goals are going to be pretty straightforward here. Dominate the league and cup at a minimum and do well in Europe.

I have already learnt fluent German while at FSV Frankfurt so now I can learn Russian. :)

Don't they speak Ukranian in Ukraine? :D

Good luck with Shakhtar. Got plenty of money to spend I see!

Russian and Ukrainian. But in the press conference they questioned me if I would have trouble in Ukraine since I didn't speak Russian. :D

An offer too good to refuse, eh? ;)

Best of luck in Ukraine!

I rejected Shakhtar in FM08 and I told myself if they offered me the job again down the road I wouldn't reject. So now I'm here.

And the prospect of playing in the Champions League really swayed my decision! 2.Bundesliga with a penniless club or a Ukrainian club with history and trophies! Not a hard decision!

The only thing is that there's really nothing to improve with the squad because I really want to make some big money transfers! :)

Archived