[FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

rancer890

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

Shakhtar Donetsk - Ukraine - EpiCentre Premyer-Liha

2028-2029 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - A fantastic season, with only 2 losses, and a new league record with goals scored in a season

Kubok Ukrainil - Winners - Not a walk in the park, but we got the job done in the final

UEFA Champions League - Group Stage | Fixtures - we had another fantastic run to the final, but we came up short on penalties. The big highlight include the shock 6-1 aggregate win against Barca (wish that happened in the final last year!) We lost Vidal and Mele, which really hurt our chances.

Transfers - Once again, more minor changes

Marquinhos Parana - young striker with good potential (3 stars), won't play many games for a couple years though with our depth at that position

Adriy Datsyuk - young AMC who had a hot start to the season and really played well for us. I will sell him when his value is high if I get the right offer.

Bogdan Kundenok - another young Ukrainian with 2.5 star potential

Squad - it's my best squad yet, but it will get a bit better next season!

Top Goalscorer - Mohammad Gad

Top Playmaker - Yuriy Perepelytsya

Most Consistent Player - Alfredo Rossi

Most Valuable Player - Gad, he didn't score as much near the end of the season, but overall he was great

Awards

Finances: - Finances

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...win Champions League.

Games of the Year - Shakhtar 5-0 Barcelona, and Zakarpattya 0-8 Shakhtar

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2022        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st            ACL Winners, CWC Winners
2022-2023   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                5th                                 N/A
2023-2024   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                2nd                           Promotion
2024-2025   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup
2025-2026   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup
2026-2027   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup
2027-2028   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st      Domestic Double, UCL Finalists
2028-2029   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st      Domestic Double, UCL Finalists

rancer890's Youth Project

Player Spotlight - Ruslan Zakharov

Date of Birth: February 27, 2011

Place of Birth: Avdeivka, Ukraine

Ukrainian Caps/Goals: 5 caps/1 goal

International Debut: vs Italy (September 2, 2028)

First International Goal: vs Finland (February 7, 2029)

Languages Spoken: Russian, Ukrainian

Favoured Clubs: None

Favoured Personnel: Mohammad Gad, Ricky Nakano, Ricardo Carvalho, Paul Slateri, Cesar Peixoto, Emmanuel Mayuka, Oleg Gusev

Agent: Eugene Vaschuk

Description: Explosive Striker

Personality: Fairly Determined

Media Handling Style: Level-headed

Main Position: ST

Other Position(s): AMC, MC

Left Foot: Reasonable

Right Foot: Very Strong

PPMs: Runs with ball down right, argues with officials, plays one-twos, avoids using weaker foot

Initial Profile after signing

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

Career Stats

Year     Club          Nation     League        Apps   Goals  Assists  MoM Rating
2027-28  Metalurg Zp   Ukraine    Persha Liha     1      0        1     0   5.90
2028-29  Shakhtar      Ukraine    Premyer-Liha   42     18       12     6   7.36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Totals                                    43     18       13     6   7.32

Player Notes: A great season, he mostly split his time as a striker (20 games), and a centre midfielder (17), with a handful (5) of games at a AMC

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2029-2030 Season Preview

Media Prediction: 1st

Estimated Value: $156 million (1st in Ukraine, 29th in the world)

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha Expectations: win it

UEFA Champions League Expectations: reach Group Stage

Kubok Ukraini: don't care

Inter Superkubok Ukraini: don't care

TV rights: $1.031 million

Transfer Budget: $61 million

Wage Budget: $77 million (currently spending $62,239,662)

Emblem_of_Korea_Football_Association.svg

South Korea - 남한

SEOUL - In a brief press conference with the South Korean media, Chinese-Canadian manager Ricky Nakano was excited to go for a new challenge with the South Korean national football. "I'm excited to take over the national team here in South Korea. I understand that supporters want results, and I want to do well for them. I understand that Korean football fans would like someone who knows the language to take over their team to lead to greatness but I think I'm up for the challenge to satisfy them through the results in football games."

저는 한국 축구 국가 대표팀을 관리할 수 기쁘기도하고 대회에서 진행하고 게임을 이기기 찾고 있었다.

(I'm excited to manage the South Korean national football team and looking to progress in competitions and win games.)

I probably really screwed up the above sentence in Korean somehow (since google translate isn't really good with grammar structure in sentences...even in Chinese which I can read and write), but just looking forward to this. The job I really wanted and I got it. :)

South Korea - 남한

Key Players:

Jeong Kwang-Sun (정광선)

Lee Hyun-Ho (리현호)

Park Byung-Soo (박병수)

Seo Jae-Young (서재영)

Current situation: We're in the World Cup qualifying AFC region playoff against China. It would not be a conflict of interest because I have Hong Kong roots, not China, so I technically won't be betraying my country or anything like that. :D

If we win we face New Zealand, winners of the OFC region, who made the last World Cup, beating rivals Australia.

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2029 Offseason Transfers

Transfers

Only a couple transfers for now

Julien Guillemin - young 18 year old with lots of potential (4-4.5 stars)

Mykyta Orel - young Ukrainian with 3.5 star potential

===

Champions League

Groups

We couldn't have gotten a harder 3rd seed to deal with than former parent club Leverkusen! If Milan was in our group it truly would have been a Group of Death!

South Korea update later, wanted to do it today but was out most of the day. :)

My save is nearly done. I'm getting crash dumps left, right and centre. I can't get past the squad selection for an important World Cup playoff qualifier against China so I'm going to holiday a day and hope for the best with the squad the AI will select. :)

I hope this isn't the end of the 'Big One'.

EDIT: If I go into the national pool of the South Korean team it always crashes so I'm going to send SI my crash dump file...

Oh, that's a shame! You might not ever see how Guillemin turns out either, he looks a beast!

I'm actually more gutted about not developing Zakharov than anything else tbh. :D

If the crash persists, I'm going to resign from South Korea. I'm already posted in the crash subforum so I'll see what reply I get from the guys at SI.

The only remedy for now seems to be resigning from south korea. I tried all day at uni and it seems to be crashing still so I'm not sure what other possible thing to do right now to continue this save. Not happy at all about the crashes I'm experiencing so hope this gets fixed in the final patch.

Undecdied whether to resign or just wait for the final patch and see what happens. Either way its been a fantatic save and one of the most enjoyable I've had in fm. Typing this from bb and it's terrible! Hope si can have a mobile version of the forum... :)

Yes definitely. I create my own xmls like China and have that in the game. I use a blackberry because I'm more of a texter. Planning to get iPod Touch for the apps hehe. :)

It's really horrible viewing this on bb though, not sure about iphone, but it lags usually and I can't view pages with lots of pictures...

My iPod displays forums well I have to say, I think the graphics chip is much better so can do images easier :)

Could it be an XML clash or something?

I wouldn't rule that out, but my game crashes if I'm afk for a long time, and I always kept it on FM10 and it didn't crash. It's just weird and no reply from the SI guys so I'll see tomorrow. I don't want to quit South Korea just yet but if I have to resign from them to keep playing I will.

South Korea - 남한

August 15, 2029

Friendly: Afghanistan 2-2 South Korea

First game with South Korea, and I had no idea what to do. Had no idea we were headed to Kabul till we had to select the squad. Needless to say, it was a disaster that we drew Afghanistan, but I was pleased we left the country with half the South Korean army and all players were safe to face China in the AFC World Cup Qualifying Playoff against China. If we defeat China in the two leg aggregate, we face New Zealand.

September 8, 2029

AFC World Cup Qualifiers Playoff Leg 1: China 1-0 South Korea

I selected the strongest squad possible for the two games, but we lost this game. Li Cheng (who I had at Henan) scored the only goal

September 12, 2029

AFC World Cup Qualifiers Playoff Leg 2: South Korea 2-0 China

So, the return leg...Seo Jae-Young, a striker with Pohang, scored the 1st goal early in the game. I tried to play a possession based game because I had confidence we could win this game, and in the 89th minute we were finally rewarded with a goal by Lee Seul-Ki, a centreback playing with Amkar, in the 89th minute to seal the win and book us another playoff against the OFC winners, and another country I managed in, New Zealand.

Schedule for 2029:

Oct. 13 - vs New Zealand (AFC World Cup Qualifiers Leg 1)

Nov. 17 - at New Zealand (AFC World Cup Qualifiers Leg 2)

Nov. 21 - vs Ukraine (friendly)

South Korea - 남한

2029 AFC World Cup Qualifying 2nd Playoff - vs New Zealand

October 13

South Korea 0-0 New Zealand

Not the result we wanted. We had a lot of shots, but few quality ones.

November 17

New Zealand 0-1 South Korea

Similar to the first game, but we made a breakthrough and scored a goal! It wasn't a pretty goal but I'll take it! We win 1-0 on aggregate.

South Korea going to the World Cup! :D

Oh, and the virtual me has learnt some basic Korean. Double bonus! (while the real life me is horribly struggling on the language...)

Just went through the whole thread, this is great stuff rancer890. Mainly because you have built an interesting game while avoiding the 'usual' leagues (English Prem, Serie A, etc).

Would you consider managing an MLS team in the future? Toronto FC seem like they could use some help...

Got a decent chance with that group. You should be able to beat Norway and DR Congo!

Depends...I'm not exactly confident with the group since I don't really know them still. But hopefully we'll do ok. Got some trophies to win for Shakhtar first though. :)

Just went through the whole thread, this is great stuff rancer890. Mainly because you have built an interesting game while avoiding the 'usual' leagues (English Prem, Serie A, etc).

Would you consider managing an MLS team in the future? Toronto FC seem like they could use some help...

Cheers mate. I try to avoid the big leagues at all cost in my careers. :p (unless it's a club I want to manage because I like them irl)

I usually start in Asia, because not a lot of careers are there and it's nice to be different sometimes. It's more fun to enter the unknown. :)

Probably no MLS at this stage of my career. Maybe Mexico though. Want to win something at Shakhtar first, and I've always had a habit of becoming attached to my players which makes it harder to move to another club.

Oh, and another crash dump. This time on January 19, 2030. This game dumped me more in 4 months than girls throughout the years... :(

Gonna try and holiday through it and see what happens.

It MIGHT be a problem with the J-League but I'm not sure. I might start a new career soon...(without lots of xml files) :(

Oh, and another crash dump. This time on January 19, 2030. This game dumped me more in 4 months than girls throughout the years... :(

Gonna try and holiday through it and see what happens.

It MIGHT be a problem with the J-League but I'm not sure. I might start a new career soon...(without lots of xml files) :(

If i knew you better I would make a very cruel, and probably unjustified joke along the lines of that not suggesting very many crash dumps....

It might seem like a silly question, but do you play through Steam, and if so is it working correctly? The reason I ask is that I've only ever had Crash Dumps when my internet was playing up and therefore Steam was running in 'offline mode'.

It might be worth resigning from South Korea, as it seems to have all stemmed from when you took that job (which is a shame if it is the problem)...

It might seem like a silly question, but do you play through Steam, and if so is it working correctly? The reason I ask is that I've only ever had Crash Dumps when my internet was playing up and therefore Steam was running in 'offline mode'.

It might be worth resigning from South Korea, as it seems to have all stemmed from when you took that job (which is a shame if it is the problem)...

It's crashing no matter what, whether it's offline or online.

If it's crashing on January 19, it's the day before the Japanese reset date. I *think* it might be all those xml files, specifically the Japanese one that's creating problems...

I might start a new save but the earthquake in Japan has affected me a little and I'm waiting for a 11.3 J-League and German league xmls so I'll see if I can start up a new save soon...lesson learned: don't load so many xml files...

Situation? And by the way, I hope you don't have family/friends seriously affected by the quake/tsunami.

This is on the backburner for now. I'm too busy and I want to try the player career game first.

As for the quake, my family and relatives are okay (I don't think any of them went to the northern part of Japan the past week). We're all still alive. It didn't hit HK. Relatives in Vancouver (BC of course, not Washington State) are ok too.

As for friends, some of my friend's parents might lose their jobs here because some of the factories in Sendai got destroyed and they can't really do anything without any imported parts...and I also can't find one of my other friends after the earthquake. I duno if she went to Japan (would be strange to travel when the year isn't over yet but I never know with her :D) or not but I just can't find her in uni or contact her thru text/mobile after the earthquake. It's either a coincidence or I'm just a little paranoid...

Either way, this disaster is having a global impact around the world imo if people are losing jobs because of something that happened on the other side of the world...

Archived