[FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

rancer890

good luck! I see ACL victory on the horizon!

also, you shoud manage Australia for a few seasons ;)

Hopefully! I'll be happy to advance past the Group Stages!

And possibly. I'm restricting myself of managing either a CONCACAF national team or a AFC national team or New Zealand. I would like to manage Australia. :)

I just got torn apart by Wang Shouting in our Super League debut. :(

You should just sign him Jason so Wang Shouting can tear your opponents to shreds. :D

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2020 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

Lots of movement, partly because I didn't resign a lot of players and had to replace them.

Qiu Shengjiong - Zeng Cheng's agent hated me, so I let him go and sign this guy who's just as good and on cheap wages

Li Gang - new centreback who should be a solid contributor to the club

Tian Guanghui - 3rd goalkeeper, and signing for the future

Zhu Chen - depth signing

He Hao - another centreback. He'll be a starter

Zhu Jiawei - probably overpaid a little but I needed some cover and he was the best option I could find with my scouts

Rong Zhou and Wang Jian are both loans with inexpensive permanent transfer options. They're mainly for cover but if they impress I would want them permanently

Gao Di - new starting striker. He scores more or less once every 3 games so he should get over 10+ goals this season.

----

Asian Champions League

Group A - Al-Lekhwiya (QAT), Al-Shabab (KSA), Bani Yas (UAE), Steel Azin (IRN)

Group B - Aboumoslem (IRN), Al-Alhi (UAE), Al-Nassr (KSA), Umm-Salai (QAT)

Group C - Al-Wahda (KSA), Al-Wahda (UAE), Bunyodkor (UZB), Mes Kerman (IRN)

Group D - Al-Ahli (KSA), Al-Ain (UAE), Esteghlal (IRN), Paxtakor (UZB)

Group E - Gyeongnam (KOR), Shenhua (CHN), South China (HKG), Urawa Reds (JPN)

Group F - Grampus (JPN), Henan (CHN), Seongnam (KOR), Sriwijaya FC (IDN)

Group G - F Marinos (JPN), Newcastle Jets (AUS), Shandong (CHN), Suwon (KOR)

Group H - Central Coast Mariners (AUS), Chanba (CHN), Frontale (JPN), Pohang (KOR)

Not a bad group. Will be fun to be in the ACL again.

Zhu Jiawei - probably overpaid a little but I needed some cover and he was the best option I could find with my scouts

You're going to love his total inability to get a shot on target despite his decent finishing/composure ratings. :grumble:

(granted I'm still back at 2015, so maybe he'll do better for you)

All financial figures in USD

Hong Kong

Happy Valley

Club Info

Legends: none

Icons: Cheung Sai Ho, Kwok Yue Hung, Gerard, Poon Yiu Cheuk, Jia Xiaochen, Lo Kai Wah

Favoured Personnel: JP Rodrigues

Season Ticket Holders: 0

Average Attendance: ~550

Estimated Value: $1.3 million

HK First Division: only 4 seasons in the top flight. But they surprisingly won the league when they were promoted again in 2018/19. History

Chairman(s): Hui Wai Cheung

Managers: Cheung Ka Kei (03/08/2011-01/05/2012), Ng Chun Wing (07/05/2012-present)

Key Players over decade: Jia Xiaochen

Happy Valley Overall XI

Thanks for the update rancer :thup:.

It's interesting to see that they were relegated 3 times and then on the 4th attempt they managed to win the league! Also interesting to see that they made a few signings that I did.

You're going to love his total inability to get a shot on target despite his decent finishing/composure ratings. :grumble:

(granted I'm still back at 2015, so maybe he'll do better for you)

I overpaid for him (actually I overpaid for most of my signings this season...) But he was the best of the bunch that my scouts found. He won't be a starter but can cover a couple positions for this season.

I hope you docked Zhang Hongxing two weeks wages!?

Nahh he's already hating on himself already, along with a couple other defenders who had bad games. I'm not that mean. :)

N'Gadi isn't happy at one of my defenders though. Not surprising as he basically did most of the work in getting us back into the game just to lose because of some horrible defending in extra time.

wow thats a high scoring game. maybe invest in some better defenders/keeper? :D

The 'keeper has to be Chinese. So my keeper is actually one of the better ones in China...

As for defenders, it's July now so I'm looking for a good foreign one (someone who can play left back and centre back), but right now I have an offer to a fantastic young Argentine AMC but he has offers from the likes of Espanyol, Deportivo and Malaga in Spain, Bremen and Frankfurt in Germany, and Lens and Lille from France. I don't think he'll choose an obscure Chinese club from that lot. :p

Wow, what a game! So unlucky to lose out at the end there. You can't say that you didn't give it your all though, by the looks of it. :thup:

I really didn't have much hope in the beginning. I couldn't beat Grampus in the group stage, so I was just hoping to keep it close. But yeah, we really need a better defensive group of players...or at least more depth. Overall I need more depth to succeed in the ACL. N'Gadi is a key player on the team, and a bargain at US$2.5k :p

I really didn't have much hope in the beginning. I couldn't beat Grampus in the group stage, so I was just hoping to keep it close. But yeah, we really need a better defensive group of players...or at least more depth. Overall I need more depth to succeed in the ACL. N'Gadi is a key player on the team, and a bargain at US$2.5k :p

Looks to be a great signing. :thup:

I've always found the Japanese teams to be the hardest to beat in the ACL, and the foreign player rules make it hard to put together a really great team outside of the top leagues. There's always next season! :thup:

Good work, I've enjoyed reading this, hoping to give the Asian league a try sometime in my journeyman save, I've got China and South Korea loaded up, just wondering how their leagues compare to the English leagues? Is the K-League similar standards to the Championship?

Good work, I've enjoyed reading this, hoping to give the Asian league a try sometime in my journeyman save, I've got China and South Korea loaded up, just wondering how their leagues compare to the English leagues? Is the K-League similar standards to the Championship?

K-League is somewhere around lower-Championship and League 1 (around the level of play like MLS). China is around League 1/2 quality.

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2020 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | | [url=]Fixtures 2 - fantastic season. It was a little tense getting to the end of the season but we didn't slip up!

Chinese FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round - We shoulda beat Changsha but we didn't.

Asian Champions League - Group Stage Fixtures - Very happy to have qualified from the Group Stage in that group, but it was heartbreak in the 2nd Round.

Transfers - Lots of moves and rebuilt the squad to my liking. Here are the key contributors:

Qiu Shengjiong - the new number #1 this season and did a good job

Li Gang - very good season from Li Gang. He scored 7 goals and I thought he was very impressive and a good signing, but he got booked a little too often for my liking

He Hao - he was another stabilizing presence in the starting lineup. A very solid player

Zhu Jiawei - not amazing, but he did okay

Gao Di - he didn't really disappoint with 11 goals and 7 assists, which are around his averages for his career

Maximiliano Jofre - he rather sign with us than with Spanish, German, and French based clubs! He was impressive in the half season he was here. I'm not sure how long I can keep him at Henan but I'll enjoy his services for now.

Squad - A very solid starting XI, with decent subs and depth. Foreigners Mamadou Sarr and Twite Mili had solid seasons. Chen Zhiyuan had a breakout season and hopefully he can keep improving next season. Jiang Zhipeng's performance was surprising out of everyone on my squad.

Top Goalscorer - Chen Zhiyuan

Top Playmaker - Jiang Zhipeng

Most Consistent Player - Li Gang

Most Valuable Player - Alpha N'Gadi. I know he missed half the regular season, but he was fantastic in the ACL. Li Gang also merits consideration.

Awards

• me - CSL Manager of the Year
  • Team of the Year - Starters: Chen Zhiyuan, Twite Mili, Substitutes - Li Gang, Jiang Zhipeng, Gao Di

Finances: - Finances - made profit due to ACL

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...much of the same please, and hopefully see how far we can advance in the ACL

Oh, and by winning the CSL, we're going to the All-Star game! To face the CSL All-Stars. Update on that later. :)

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                    ACL Qualification

Gratz!

Flamers

Cheers Flamers :thup:

If some of you don't notice, I always update post #2 in this thread which has an overview of my career and some stats and other things like transfer dealings and paying agents. Have a look :)

And I'm also entering the final year of my contract so I will 'Consider my options'. I prefer to move to a bigger club in Asia, basically a big club in South Korea (my preference) or a big club in Japan (not my preference but I need that ACL title if I can't win it in China!)

December 20, 2020

Henan Jianye FC vs Chinese Super League All-Stars

Henan 5-0 CSL All-Stars

Couldn't have been a more lopsided loss for the CSL All-Stars. Although having an outfield player in net for the CSL All-Stars certainly helped us. For whatever reason they (the All-Stars) didn't choose a goalkeeper...but we do technically complete the double with this win so hopefully we can play this game next year.

The off-season starts now and the goals are quite simple: just get some depth in the squad and we should have a good 2021 season.

nice work mate! keep it up

Cheers mate!

I realized that one of my young midfielders (Chen Zhiyuan) has the same agent as Zeng Cheng, who if you recall I couldn't resign because he (as in the agent) hated me and wanted absurd demands...won't be good during the next set of negotiations. I don't even know why he hates me. :(

He was the fat kid in school you used to tease, then he grew up to become a football agent and looks different and changed his name?

...probably that. He sure looks a lot slimmer than he used to! :p

I think the hate is permanent. Can't we be friends again Mr. Agent? :(

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2021 Season Preview - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction: 2nd

TV Revenue: $72k

Estimated Value: $21.5 million (2nd in China)

Super League Expectations: ACL qualification (top 4)

Pan Pacific Championship: unimportant

Transfer Budget: $12 million

Wage Budget: $6.75 million (currently spending $2,726,209)

Pan Pacific Championship 2021

Hosts - United States

(never knew this tournament still existed...)

Semi-Final

February 17, 2021

Henan vs Suwon (at Reliant Stadium in Houston, home of the NFL's Houston Texans)

Philadelphia Union vs Grampus (at new Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Hosts the New York Giants/Jets. I think it's the new stadium...unless SI have the old Meadowlands in the DB)

I personally don't care about this tournament, but I like winning, so I will try my best to win this thing. No idea where the Final is. Hopefully on the East Coast. Hopefully anywhere but Lincoln Financial Field and Philadelphia itself. :p

Well done on winning the CSL rancer :thup:. And nice work beating the All Stars!

It's interesting to see that your midfielder Chen Zhiyuan was your top scorer. It's always nice to have a 'Lampard' kind of player. I see that Jiang Zhipeng got 16 assists too from the wing. With crosses obviously coming in from the left and with Chen Zhiyuan grabbing 13 goals, does this reflect the kind of style of football you play? Or was it just a case of them being in the 'right place at the right time?'

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2020 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | | [url=]Fixtures 2 - fantastic season. It was a little tense getting to the end of the season but we didn't slip up!

Chinese FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round - We shoulda beat Changsha but we didn't.

Asian Champions League - Group Stage Fixtures - Very happy to have qualified from the Group Stage in that group, but it was heartbreak in the 2nd Round.

Transfers - Lots of moves and rebuilt the squad to my liking. Here are the key contributors:

Qiu Shengjiong - the new number #1 this season and did a good job

Li Gang - very good season from Li Gang. He scored 7 goals and I thought he was very impressive and a good signing, but he got booked a little too often for my liking

He Hao - he was another stabilizing presence in the starting lineup. A very solid player

Zhu Jiawei - not amazing, but he did okay

Gao Di - he didn't really disappoint with 11 goals and 7 assists, which are around his averages for his career

Maximiliano Jofre - he rather sign with us than with Spanish, German, and French based clubs! He was impressive in the half season he was here. I'm not sure how long I can keep him at Henan but I'll enjoy his services for now.

Squad - A very solid starting XI, with decent subs and depth. Foreigners Mamadou Sarr and Twite Mili had solid seasons. Chen Zhiyuan had a breakout season and hopefully he can keep improving next season. Jiang Zhipeng's performance was surprising out of everyone on my squad.

Top Goalscorer - Chen Zhiyuan

Top Playmaker - Jiang Zhipeng

Most Consistent Player - Li Gang

Most Valuable Player - Alpha N'Gadi. I know he missed half the regular season, but he was fantastic in the ACL. Li Gang also merits consideration.

Awards

• me - CSL Manager of the Year
  • Team of the Year - Starters: Chen Zhiyuan, Twite Mili, Substitutes - Li Gang, Jiang Zhipeng, Gao Di

Finances: - Finances - made profit due to ACL

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...much of the same please, and hopefully see how far we can advance in the ACL

Oh, and by winning the CSL, we're going to the All-Star game! To face the CSL All-Stars. Update on that later. :)

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                    ACL Qualification

how do yu geet it too look like this the sumarry bit

Well done on winning the CSL rancer :thup:. And nice work beating the All Stars!

It's interesting to see that your midfielder Chen Zhiyuan was your top scorer. It's always nice to have a 'Lampard' kind of player. I see that Jiang Zhipeng got 16 assists too from the wing. With crosses obviously coming in from the left and with Chen Zhiyuan grabbing 13 goals, does this reflect the kind of style of football you play? Or was it just a case of them being in the 'right place at the right time?'

Yeah, crosses and corners mainly. And the fact that Zhipeng did play every single game, because well I kinda had to since he's my only left winger. :p

I don't really expect Chen Zhiyuan to replicate this performance, because I now have 3 foreigners who are better than him...until I sell Mili that is, which I have to since he doesn't want to sign a new contract and wants to go to a bigger club.

Congratulations on the title win! Nice work! Jofre looks like a great player - shame you're going to have to let him go! Nice to have a player of the caliber for a while though. :thup:

How do you rate your chances in the next ACL tournament - now that you're the domestic champions, do you think you can start to make a real dent in the continental competition?

Are you seeing any interesting job openings? I'm secretly hoping for a move to the K-League - I had a great time there back on FM09, so I'm hoping for a vicarious return through this thread. :p

Congratulations on the title win! Nice work! Jofre looks like a great player - shame you're going to have to let him go! Nice to have a player of the caliber for a while though. :thup:

How do you rate your chances in the next ACL tournament - now that you're the domestic champions, do you think you can start to make a real dent in the continental competition?

Are you seeing any interesting job openings? I'm secretly hoping for a move to the K-League - I had a great time there back on FM09, so I'm hoping for a vicarious return through this thread. :p

Well he contracted till 2024 but I think he's too talented for the CSL and a lot of clubs want him already. I just offered him the contract just for laughs at the time tbh...didn't realize he would take it seriously and sign with us!

I would be happy getting to the 2nd Round again, I personally don't rate our chances very highly since the Japanese clubs are really tough to beat (as I have already known by now...)

No interesting jobs yet. I wasn't even in consideration when the Urawa Reds sacked their manager, but I'll see. My primary focus is to do well with Henan this season and if a team like Suwon, Pohang, Seongnam, Busan, FC Seoul sack their manager I might fancy a move to South Korea. :)

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2021 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

Not a very busy transfer time as last year, but we did strengthen the squad.

Teng Shangkun - nothing more than a backup

Ni Rongbin - young with some potential. As you can see he's had a good start to the season.

Ma Tao - loaned for right back depth

Ma Jun - very young striker with some potential

Evan Barbaro - fills up my Asian quota but I realized he's quite down my depth so hopefully I can find a place for him soon...

----

Pan Pacific Championship

Semi-Final

Feb. 17, 2021 - Henan (p) 1-1 Suwon (@ Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas)

Feb. 17, 2021 - Philadelphia (p) 1-1 Grampus (@ Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey)

3rd Place Playoff

Feb. 20, 2021 - Suwon 0-2 Grampus (@ University of Phoenix Stadium, Phoenix, Arizona)

Final

Feb. 20, 2021 - Henan 0-2 Philadelphia (@ Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas)

Overview: Disappointing to have lost, but mainly this was just a competitive pre-season tour of America to me...

-----

Asian Champions League

Preliminary Round Winners: Binh Duong (Vietnam), Al-Shabab (UAE)

Group Stage

A - Esteghal (IRN), Al-Aln (UAE), Bunyodkor Toshkent (UZB), Al-Shabab (KSA)

B - Paxtakor (UZB), Al-Sharjah (UAE), Bargh (IRN), Al-Wahda (KSA)

C - Al-Hilal (KSA), Al-Gharrafa (QAT), Teraktor-Sazi (IRN), Al-Shabab (UAE)

D - Al-Wadha (UAE), Persepolis (IRN), Al-Sadd (QAT), Al-Ittihad (KSA)

E - Suwon (KOR), Hangzhou (CHN), Sriwijaya (IDN), Consadole (JPN)

F - F Marinos (JPN), Melbourne Victory (AUS), Shandong (CHN), Seongnam (KOR)

G - Shenhua (CHN), Grampus (JPN), Seoul (KOR), Adelaide Utd (AUS)

H - Henan (CHN), Incheon (KOR), Frontale (JPN), Binh Duong (VIE)

A good group and we should advance from this one.

April 6, 2021

I have rejected an offer from a club in the Ukrainian First Division (Persha Liha), Volyn. The league is rated 2 stars, which is the rating of the Chinese Super League, so here are the other possible playable destinations that are 2 stars:

- Russia - Pervyj Division (2nd tier)

- Turkey - Bank Asya 1.Lig (2nd tier)

- Argentina - Primera B Nacional (2nd tier)

- Mexico - Liga de Ascenso (2nd tier)

- Ireland - Premier Division

- Holland - Jupiler League

- Austria - First Division

- Scotland - First Division

- Brazil - Serie C

- England - League One

- Germany - 3.Liga

- Japan - J.League 1

- Switzerland - Challenge League

- France - National

- Italy - Serie C1

- S. Korea - K.League

So lots of possible destinations and will be interesting what other jobs pop up in the future.

Go to Mexico! That would be awesome. Or Russia

Are you ready to leave Henin?

It's Henan! :p

I fancy managing in Mexico, but just not the 2nd tier league. Something like America or Chivas would be cool. Russian First Division I've managed in before but it really depends on the club. My preference is to stay in Asia and go to Japan or South Korea, but really I wouldn't mind going to any club with some potential and good setup and facilities, and preferably little or no debt. I want to see what offers are available in the summer but I'll be happy to sign a new contract at Henan if I don't find what I want.

July 8, 2021

Current Premier League managers

Arsenal - Quique Flores

Aston Villa - Steven Davis

Birmingham City - John Terry (!!! \o/)

Blackburn Rovers - Mikkel Thygesen

Bolton - Chris Brunt

Chelsea - Dennis Wise

Everton - Graeme Jones

Fulham - Peter Larsson

Leeds - Du Wei

Liverpool - Noel Blake

Manchester City - Keith Millen

Manchester United - Andres Guardado (on US$85k per annum wages too, compared to ass man Mike Phelan's US$2 million salary :D)

Newcastle - Razvan Rat

Sheffield Wednesday - Steven Gerrard!!!

Southampton - Maurizio Domizzi

Stoke - Nikita Rukavtsya

Tottenham - Michael Owen

West Ham - Song Chong-Goog

Wolves - Roberto Mancini

Other England Notables of your favoured clubs

Nottingham Forest - Steve Sidwell (and formerly Ryan Nelson and Gary Cahill)

Portsmouth - Craig Short

Norwich City - Shavar Thomas

Watford - Joe McBride

St. Albans - Luke Yong

Other World Notables

Bayern - Riccardo Montolivo

Corinthian - Kleberson

Internacional - Fillipe

Lyon - Florent Malouda

Bordeaux - Paul Stalteri (Canadian manager :))

Valenciennes - Bakary Sagna

Rangers...HK Rangers - Lucas Neill (former manager)

PSV - Ruud van Nisterooy

Benfica - Simao

Rangers...SPL Rangers - Hosny

Barca - Yasuhito Endo

Real Madrid - still Mourinho :p

Valencia - Victor Fernandez

Chivas USA - Brad Guzan

Chicago Fire - Marvell Wynne

New England - Sebastien Le Toux

Archived