[FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

rancer890

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on the new job rancer - looks lie you landed on your feet there. ;)

Interesting to see Australia and Gabon doing so well at the World Cup. Any plans/ambitions to go into international management?

Cheers DodgeeD.

Yes I have every intention of entering international management, but not now. Because I would prefer not to manage club and country, so I want to stay at Henan and see what I can do first. :)

Nice move rancer. That's some tranfer budget! Do you think you'll be able to attract the better players to Henan?

Good luck with the Red Devils

Better players than at Anhui at least. :p

I need a total rebuild though. Most player contracts expire after 2019 (as well as the foreigners) so I'll have to make do with the current one for now.

Beijing also sacked their manager (I knew judging by this season's performance he would have been gone anyways) but I think Henan is a better fit for me. :)

HenanConstructionFC.png

Henan Jianye FC

2018 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - I started as manager from the Dongya game onwards. Hopefully we can do better next season as I know what we need to improve on.

Chinese FA Cup - We were knocked out before I took this job.

Transfers - I wasn't at the club long, but before the end of the transfer window I managed to sell/loan out 3 players not in my long term plans. 2 of them were't going to resign with us (a starting GK and left winger) so I cashed in on them, and another I had no interest in keeping so I loaned him and hopefully they accept the permanent transfer too.

We signed 2 players though as replacements:

Zeng Cheng - the new starting GK. He's pretty good by Chinese GK standards, and with the fact that we can't sign foreign GKs, he was a fantastic free transfer signing

Chen Zhiyuan - was transfer listed by Shandong and signed him on cheap. He'll contribute for us for now.

Squad - Average squad. Will see what I can do to make it better.

Top Goalscorer - Jefferson Madeira

Top Playmaker - Jefferson Madeira

Most Consistent Player - Juilo Cesar

Most Valuable Player - None. They're all pretty bad (to win the league title) and I don't know anyone.

Awards

• None

Finances: - Finances - No worries about breaking even every month anymore! :)

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...I would want a top 4 finish

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A

Which is precisely the reason why I absolutely hate new patches...ruined my other test game before the hotfix too.

Don't know whether I can start a new game anymore (or play FM. At least I got NFSHP2010 and NFS: World to keep me occupied). Unless someone can help me load the same setup (that's 133 leagues) and holiday to 2019...uploading to filefront as I type to hopefully see if it's crashing on other computers too.

Rancer890, don't know if you've tried this already, but there are a number of people on the official 11.2 patch thread in GD who have the same issue, and there are a couple of SI guys who are trying to offer assistance in fixing the 'save game cannot be loaded' post-patch problem you've got.

Might be (if you haven't already!) an idea to check there to see if anyone can solve the problem - although it does seem to be an issue with either edited games or extra leagues...

Hope you can solve it, as this career was just starting to kick off!

Sorry to hear that rancer :(. After putting so much time and effort into it (and having the success you've had) maybe try Chutney's suggestion (I was gonna suggest it myself :)). I made the same mistake with FM10 (albeit that it wasn't to the extreme that yours is but it might as well not have loaded 'cause I couldn't play it) and vowed not to update to the new patch if I was happy with the previous one.

Hope you get it sorted.

In response to your question in the discussion thread...I would holiday for you and upload it if I wasn't into my save.

Rancer890, don't know if you've tried this already, but there are a number of people on the official 11.2 patch thread in GD who have the same issue, and there are a couple of SI guys who are trying to offer assistance in fixing the 'save game cannot be loaded' post-patch problem you've got.

Might be (if you haven't already!) an idea to check there to see if anyone can solve the problem - although it does seem to be an issue with either edited games or extra leagues...

Hope you can solve it, as this career was just starting to kick off!

Cheers mate. Had a look at that. I'm not the only one with the problem with the Polish 2nd division

Sorry to hear that rancer :(. After putting so much time and effort into it (and having the success you've had) maybe try Chutney's suggestion (I was gonna suggest it myself :)). I made the same mistake with FM10 (albeit that it wasn't to the extreme that yours is but it might as well not have loaded 'cause I couldn't play it) and vowed not to update to the new patch if I was happy with the previous one.

Hope you get it sorted.

In response to your question in the discussion thread...I would holiday for you and upload it if I wasn't into my save.

It's ok Raware. Thanks anyways. Hopefully there's another hotfix. And yeah, won't make Steam autoupdate for the 3rd patch, knowing so well that I'll probably need a hotfix for that one too. :p

That sucks! :( Hopefully, there will be a fix for it... Must be frustrating to lose so much time and progress.

Hope we see you back soon either continuing this thread or starting a new one

With the amount of time I've played this save, the latter is definitely not an option!!!

Not a problem mate. I just hope you can sort it out, without having to quit and start again...

I hope so too. It's my most enjoyable save ever. :(

I'm betting on a Polish Second Division hotfix within 24 hours. That one is really gonna cost them customers if not solved FAST.

I'm quite sure the entire Polish FM community is in an uproar so hope you are right. :p

Although I'm quite sure the QA team have lives too so I think they'll test it for a couple days first. This is a lot worse than the Spanish yellow card bug.

I'm betting on a Polish Second Division hotfix within 24 hours. That one is really gonna cost them customers if not solved FAST.

The problem is that I can't imagine the Polish Leagues are incredibly popular for the vast majority of FMers (just us 'Journeymen'!). Therefore, I can't imagine it'll be top priority, although fortunately there doesn't seem to be any other major issues to take focus away, so we can always hope...

I sincerely for you guys hope that I'm wrong, but I can't imagine it'll be here before Christmas, as I assume the SI office shuts for a time at some point soon...

The problem is that I can't imagine the Polish Leagues are incredibly popular for the vast majority of FMers (just us 'Journeymen'!). Therefore, I can't imagine it'll be top priority, although fortunately there doesn't seem to be any other major issues to take focus away, so we can always hope...

I sincerely for you guys hope that I'm wrong, but I can't imagine it'll be here before Christmas, as I assume the SI office shuts for a time at some point soon...

Oh trust me, it'll get done before Christmas...SI don't want to be on Santa's naughty list. :p

Not to mention a lot of customers like me aren't happy with them.

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2019 Season Preview - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction: 6th

TV Revenue: $72k

Estimated Value: $16.5 million (4th in China)

Super League Expectations: Top Half Finish

Transfer Budget: $8.25 million

Wage Budget: $5.75 million (currently spending $2,398,367)

I could in html but not with bbcode, upload to photobucket when you resized it?

Flamers

Good idea. Looks better now. :)

Fantastic News!

And last time I try and predict the efficiency of SI... :rolleyes:

If it's major and angering an entire group of FM users, they will work overtime to fix it. :p

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2019 Off-season Transfers

Transfers

Went a little shopping over the off-season trying to improve the squad :)

Li Bin - relative inexpensive transfer from an Indonesian club. Comes back to China after nearly 5 years in Indonesia. Former Chanba youth product. Depth signing.

Twite Mili - couldn't resist signing him again from former club Anhui! I knew how good he was at Anhui, and hopefully he'll be as good if not better at Henan. Faced a lot of competition trying to sign him.

Mamadou Sarr - another former Anhui player that I had coming to Henan. Hope all goes well with him at my club again.

Jiang Bo - I needed a backup goalkeeper on inexpensive wages and also had to be pretty good. Jiang Bo fit the bill and will probably end his career with us.

Jiang Zhipeng - the new starting left winger. Hopefully he works out.

Alpha N'Gadi - young and talented striker who I hope will succeed at Henan. Obviously doesn't know Chinese but I have Sarr, and Mili to help with that.

Leaving the club are my goalkeepers on free transfers to Nanjing and Chengdu, released some fringe players and youth, loaned 3 players to feeder club Zhongbang, and even gave a player away to Anhui on a free, as a thank you present of sorts for Mili and Sarr (:p).

so glad you got this up back and running. I know the feeling when your so far in and ewnjoying it then bam....CRASH DUMP or something, I dont think i could manage in China as the names are wayyyy to crazy for me.

I am Chinese myself so the names aren't really intimidating. :p

Indonesian names are a lot more intimidating, and longer names.

Yeah, especially those guys Twite Mili and Alpha N'Gadi. :p

And nearly signed Prince Lawal too. :(

Too bad I was at my foreigner limit. :p

Soooo I'm finally done exams (woot!!) and nearing the end of the season, so hopefully I can finish the season and post the end of season update, hopefully before Christmas. And hopefully before I do some last minute shopping (like tomorrow, too tired today from yesterday. Leaving it late this year lol) and read everyone's threads because I'm so behind from not reading them and being on the forums much for a few days.

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2019 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - All in all a solid season and I succeeded in my goal from a top 4 finish and ACL qualification.

Chinese FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round - it's only FA Cup and we were unlucky to draw Shandong.

Transfers - Lots of transfers, here's the ones that made an impact:

Li Bin - starting CB all year. Really improved his football from the time he was in Indonesia

Twite Mili - no surprise. He's the real deal.

Mamadou Sarr - had a great season, but only played 20 games because of injury

Jiang Bo - doesn't have a lot of years left, but he's solid

Jiang Zhipeng - bought to be the new left midfielder. Hasn't disappointed

Alpha N'Gadi - solid year despite his slow start at the club. Got a hat-trick one game and kept scoring until he got injured. Also wins the unofficial award for the most underpaid player ever. He's playing for below minimum wage (I earned more money over the summer than he did all year :p)

Jiang Ding - scouts say he has leading CSL potential, so he's definitely one for the future

Zhao Xuri - late signing, and another veteran on the squad

Squad - The above signings plus Zhang Hongxing, Zeng Cheng (who's probably leaving on a free btw), and Jefferson Madeira were part of our success this season.

Top Goalscorer - Alpha N'Gadi

Top Playmaker - Twite Mili

Most Consistent Player - Alpha N'Gadi

Most Valuable Player - Twite Mili. If N'Gadi played the whole season then he probably would be my MVP. Mili maybe only had 2 bad games all season.

Awards

• Alpha N'Gadi - Chinese Foreign Player of the Year Winner
  • Twite Mili, Alpha N'Gadi - Chinese Super League Team of the Year

Finances: - Finances

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...I would want to win the CSL title next season

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification

And since I'm heading 10 years into this save, if anyone wants any info about teams and stuff I'll try and post a little bit of history around the footballing world here.

Oh, and check post #2 which I'm constantly updating as I complete more seasons.

I am Chinese myself so the names aren't really intimidating. :p

Indonesian names are a lot more intimidating, and longer names.

And nearly signed Prince Lawal too. :(

Too bad I was at my foreigner limit. :p

ughh im playing in the indonesian league at the moment and the names are a nightmare. All the team names start with P and are all insanely similar. Its really hard to keep track.

Can u post what has happened to the Brisbane Roar in the A-League? :)

Also, Who has won the previous few Asian Cups.

Clubs

Australia

Brisbane Roar

Club Info

Legends: Craig Moore

Favoured Personnel: Evan Berger

Finances: Insecure

Season Ticket Holders: 3031

Average Attendance over 10 year span (2010/11 to 2019/20): ~14,400 per match

Estimated Value: $3.1 million (loan debt: $4.4 million) - all figures USD

A-League and Finals Series: From the 2010/2011 season to the ongoing 2019/2020 season, they have never won the A-League title, finishing 2nd in 2011, 2014, and 2017. However, they won the A-League Grand Finals (2011) and were finalists on two other occasions (2015, 2017). Full History

Asian Champions League: They have failed to advance past the Group Stage of the Asian Champions League in their 3 appearances (2012, 2016, 2018)

Chairman(s): Chris Bombolas (leaves 16/04/2016), Michael Petkovic (AUS) - local businessman (16/04/2016-present)

Managers: Ange Postecoglou (sacked 11/10/2011), Oleg Protasov (17/10/2011-14/10/2014), Jacob Burns (20/10/2014-18/02/2018), Joshua Kennedy (24/2/2018-present)

Key Players over the decade: Evan Berger, Mitch Nicholls, Wade Oostendorp

Overall Best Eleven

----

Internationals

Asian Cup

Past Winners

ughh im playing in the indonesian league at the moment and the names are a nightmare. All the team names start with P and are all insanely similar. Its really hard to keep track.

Can u post what has happened to the Brisbane Roar in the A-League? :)

Also, Who has won the previous few Asian Cups.

Posted. Hope that's enough info for you. :)

Will keep posting a updated one as people start requesting clubs and such...

Posted. Hope that's enough info for you. :)

Will keep posting a updated one as people start requesting clubs and such...

hmm never heard of Evan Berger, but he apparently plays at the Victory atm! The future chairman is the current Goalkeeper for the Victory haha. I thought his name seemed familiar.

Good job on the Finals win, but no regular season win sucks :(

WTF 3 Asian Cups and the best Australia can manage is a 4th ? that sucks the big one

If we dont win it in 2011 IRL, Ill be super ****ed :p

btw you should come and manage in Australia ;) I hear the Roar need to go to the top!

Great season there rancer :thup: I'm sure you can push on for the title next time.

You know which clubs will attract my interest - any of my teams from previous games ;) especiallt the legendary Estudiantes Santander, Olimpo de Bahia Blanco, Toronto FC and Tai Po ;)

I had the same trouble in South Korea. I gave all the better player nicknames so I could sort out my Dongs from my Hwans.

hmm never heard of Evan Berger, but he apparently plays at the Victory atm! The future chairman is the current Goalkeeper for the Victory haha. I thought his name seemed familiar.

Good job on the Finals win, but no regular season win sucks

WTF 3 Asian Cups and the best Australia can manage is a 4th ? that sucks the big one

If we dont win it in 2011 IRL, Ill be super ****ed

btw you should come and manage in Australia I hear the Roar need to go to the top!

You know it's playoffs that count! :p

Actually they didn't finish 4th. They were hosts in 2015. They couldn't get out of the group stage in 2015, and lost in the Q-Final in 2019.

I hope to manage in Australia, but I think the next step is most likely Europe...I got offered managerial jobs at FC Brussels (in Belgian 2nd tier), and Beijing and rejected them both.

Great season there rancer :thup: I'm sure you can push on for the title next time.

You know which clubs will attract my interest - any of my teams from previous games ;) especiallt the legendary Estudiantes Santander, Olimpo de Bahia Blanco, Toronto FC and Tai Po ;)

Cheers DodgeeD, with post that up in a bit!

I had the same trouble in South Korea. I gave all the better player nicknames so I could sort out my Dongs from my Hwans.

Yeah, S. Korea has that problem too. More confusing than Chinese names!

Progressing nicely rancer. Surely a league title is on its way? I bet you're glad you moved to Henan aren't you?

Can I have an update of how Happy Valley are doing please?

If N'Gadi wasn't injured so much we would won the league. Anhui was always going to be a stepping stone to bigger things in the AFC region whether in China or South Korea. If it wasn't Henan it would have been Beijing since they sacked their manager a week after I got the Henan job.

And that update coming up. Maybe Forest too. They keep sacking managers again!

All financial figures in USD

Clubs

Argentina

Club Olimpo de Bahia Blanca

Club Info

Legends: Gustavo Alfaro

Icons: Mauro Laspada, Rogelio Martinez, Alejandro Delorte, Ceferino Diaz

Favoured Personnel: Carlos Alaniz

Finances: Okay

Season Ticket Holders: 2209

Estimated Value: $3.7 million

League Performance: They spent one year in the Primera Division (2010/11) getting themselves relegated to the Nacional B and have stayed there ever since History Average Points

Chairman(s): Jorge Ledo

Managers: Omar De Felippe (sacked 11/11/2011), Daniel Teglia (18/11/2011-17/11/2017), Mario Bolatti (26/11/2017-07/12/2019), Pablo De Miranda (13/12/2019-present)

Key Players Over the Decade: Maximiliano Cabrera

Overall Best Eleven

Australia

Brisbane Roar

Club Info

Legends: Craig Moore

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: Evan Berger

Finances: Insecure

Season Ticket Holders: 3031

Average Attendance over 10 year span (2010/11 to 2019/20): ~14,400 per match

Estimated Value: $3.1 million (loan debt: $4.4 million)

A-League and Finals Series: From the 2010/2011 season to the ongoing 2019/2020 season, they have never won the A-League title, finishing 2nd in 2011, 2014, and 2017. However, they won the A-League Grand Finals (2011) and were finalists on two other occasions (2015, 2017). Full History

Asian Champions League: They have failed to advance past the Group Stage of the Asian Champions League in their 3 appearances (2012, 2016, 2018)

Chairman(s): Chris Bombolas (leaves 16/04/2016), Michael Petkovic (AUS) - local businessman (16/04/2016-present)

Managers: Ange Postecoglou (sacked 11/10/2011), Oleg Protasov (17/10/2011-14/10/2014), Jacob Burns (20/10/2014-18/02/2018), Joshua Kennedy (24/2/2018-present)

Key Players over the decade: Evan Berger, Mitch Nicholls, Wade Oostendorp

Overall Best Eleven

Hong Kong

Happy Valley

Club Info

Legends: none

Icons: Cheung Sai Ho, Kwok Yue Hung, Gerard, Poon Yiu Cheuk, Jia Xiaochen, Lo Kai Wah

Favoured Personnel: JP Rodrigues

Season Ticket Holders: 0

Average Attendance: ~550

Estimated Value: $1.3 million

HK First Division: only 4 seasons in the top flight. But they surprisingly won the league when they were promoted again in 2018/19. History

Chairman(s): Hui Wai Cheung

Managers: Cheung Ka Kei (03/08/2011-01/05/2012), Ng Chun Wing (07/05/2012-present)

Key Players over decade: Jia Xiaochen

Happy Valley Overall XI

Tai Po

Club Info

Legends: none

Icons: none

Favoured Personnel: Guy Junior Ondoua

Average Attendance: ~1000

Estimated Value: $675k (debt: $600k)

HK First Division: they have always been in the bottom half of the table when they were in the top flight History

Chairmans: Cheung Hok Ming (left 28/01/2016), Lee Chung Tak (28/01/2016-present) - promotion from within

Managers: Cheung Po Chun (sacked 28/05/2014), Cheung Sai Ho (04/06/2014-20/05/2016), Lee Wai Lim (26/05/2016-25/05/2019), Cheng Lai Hin (31/05/2019-present)

Key Players over decade: Guy Junior Ondoua

Overall Best Eleven

Mexico

Estudiantes Santander (Club Altamira FC)

Club Info

Legends: None

Icons: Alfredo Omar

Favoured Personnel: Juan Manuel Garcia

Finances: Insecure:

Average Attendance: ~870

Estimated Value: $1.1 million (debt: $12 million)

Liga de Ascenso: Pretty bad tbh. Somewhere in the middle of the pack most of the time and haven't been promoted out of this league. They only won one Closing Stage and 0 Opening Stages in 10 years. History Average Points

Chairman(s): Jorge Ruiz (left 24/03/2011), Luis David Davino - local businessman (24/03/2011-14/08/2013), Ricardo Fuentes - local businessman (14/08/2013-present)

Managers: Sergio Rubio (sacked 01/11/2014), Jose Antonio Reynoso (01/11/2014-11/04/2015), Ignacio Palou (17/04/2015-present)

Key Players over the decade: Alfredo Omar Tena, Cosme Castro

Overall Best Eleven

US - Major League Soccer

(custom xml file, 20 team league)

Toronto FC

Club Info

Legends: None

Icons: Danny Dichio, Dwayne de Rosario, Jim Brennan, Julian de Guzman

Favoured Personnel: Mehdi Bourahil, Agustin Strano

Finances: Secure

Season Ticket Holders: 16,646

Average Attendance: ~20,000

Estimated Value: $111 million

MLS: Have been the playoffs (top 8) twice. And didn't win anything either. History

Nutrlite Canadian Chamionship/CONCACAF Champions League: Won the title in 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, and 2019 but those results haven't translated into success in the Champions League. Best finish is a Quarter Final appearance in 2015 and 2019

Chairman: Richard Peddie (sadly he's still there)

Managers: Nick Dasovic (10/06/2010-04/05/2011), Frank Yallop (10/05/2011-13/05/2014) - left to coach the Canadian national team, David Weir (16/05/2014-07/05/2016), Paddy McCarthy (07/05/2016-04/08/2016) - caretaker manager, Andrey Arshavin (11/08/2016-present)

Key Players over decade: Nelson Akwari, Stefan Frei, Omar Alfonso

Overall Best Eleven

----

Internationals

Asian Cup

Past Winners

HenanJianyeFC-1.png

Henan Jianye FC

2020 Season Preview - Chinese Super League

Media Prediction: 2nd

TV Revenue: $72k

Estimated Value: $18 million (5th in China)

Super League Expectations: ACL qualification (top 4)

Transfer Budget: $10.5 million

Wage Budget: $5.75 million (currently spending $1,644,872)

Archived