[FM11] Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!!!

rancer890

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

Shakhtar Donetsk - Ukraine - EpiCentre Premyer-Liha

2026-2027 Season Preview

Media Prediction: 1st

Estimated Value: $96 million (1st in Ukraine, 55th in the world)

EpiCentre Premyer-Liha Expectations: win it

UEFA Champions League Expectations: reach 1st Knockout Round

Kubok Ukraini: don't care

Inter Superkubok Ukraini: don't care

TV rights: $819k

Transfer Budget: $39 million

Wage Budget: $77 million (currently spending $54,061,807)

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2026 World Cup - Hosts: Mexico

Group Stage

Group A - Mexico, Japan, Scotland, New Zealand

Group B - Canada, South Africa, Germany, Romania (defeated Romania and Germany, lost to S. Africa!)

Group C - Chile, Nigeria, Spain, France

Group D - England, Greece, Honduras, Paraguay

Group E - Brazil, Netherlands, Iran, Tunisia

Group F - Turkey, Ghana, Poland, USA (lost all three games!)

Group G - Argentina, Cameroon, Sweden, Saudi Arabia

Group H - Russia, Italy, Colombia, South Korea

Second Round

South Africa 2-3 Mexico

Japan (p) 0-0 Canada

Chile 3-1 Greece

England 1-2 Nigeria

Brazil 1-0 Ghana

Netherlands 0-1 Turkey

Italy 0-2 Argentina

Cameroon 1-3 Russia

Quarter-Final

Mexico 5-1 Nigeria

Japan 0-3 Chile

Brazil 6-1 Russia

Turkey 1-0 Argentina

Semi-Final

Mexico 4-1 Turkey

Chile 0-3 Brazil

3rd Place Playoff

Turkey (e) 2-1 Chile

Final

Mexico 1-0 Brazil

So the hosts win it in the Azteca. Couldn't have had a better ending for them. Nice to see a CONCACAF team win the world cup too. :)

---

South Korea sacked their manager. I applied for that job. :)

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2026 Off-season Transfers

Not a lot of activity, considering my squad is already big enough to begin with!

Transfers

Adriy Datsyuk - loaned to give some depth and another Ukrainian on the squad

Sergiy Borysyuk - good free signing who should be a solid 3rd striker

Marcelino - given on loan from parent club Inter. He has done a very good job so far with us

Turgay Maden - signed for striker depth, and he's pretty good too

----

Champions League

We went into the Champions League Best Placed Playoff, which meant we would face a tough team, which we did in Portuguese club Benfica, but we defeated them 6-0 on aggregate after winning 4-0 at home, and 2-0 on the road. Now, onto the group stage draw

Group Stages

We have a fighting chance to advance, although parent club Leverkusen and Bordeaux are no pushovers. At least no Barca/Real/City for once.

---

I didn't get the South Korea job btw, and I got offered Nigeria but rejected that.

Who would have thought that only Russia and Turkey would make it to Quarter Finals out of all the UEFA European nations? A lot of managers must have been sacked!

From the top of my head, I know Germany's, Spain's, and France's managers got sacked. It was a really wild World Cup and I was shocked to see the results, and Canada at the top of the group. Who knows how real life football would be like in 15 years from now. :)

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2026-2027 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - fantastic season and I'm hoping for something that's been never done before next season!

Kubok Ukrainil - Winners - a scare in the 2nd round, but smooth sailing from there, including disposing rivals Dynamo Kyiv in the final, 6-0.

UEFA Champions League - Group Stage Fixtures - a slightly more forgiving draw this time around, and shocked even myself by getting to the knockout rounds. We were unbeaten at home, but couldn't get it home on the road, and lost 4-1 to Man City on aggregate in the 1st Knockout Round

Transfers - Made some transfers, but half of them didn't really contribute, which were pretty much the Ukrainians I needed in case of Ukrainian depth because of the foreign quota

Marcelino - sent to us from Inter, he was a good contributer to the team all season

Oleg Kuzminov - signed as backup, albeit an expensive backup...

Francis Sangare - I had this guy on my shortlist all season but I didn't want to deal with his agent. So, to my delight after he fired his agent (good decision Francis!) I signed him to a 2.5 year contract on very cheap wages. I know he's another foreigner but I couldn't pass him up and didn't want him to retire

Squad 1 Squad 2 - Probably my best squad yet at Shakhtar! Onwards and upwards next season!

Top Goalscorer - Domingo Taffarel

Top Playmaker - Domingo Taffarel

Most Consistent Player - Afredo Rossi

Most Valuable Player - Taffarel. He was average in the Champions League but he really made an impact on the domestic side of things

Awards

Finances: - Finances

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish...win 30 league games, get back to the Knockout Rounds of Champions League. I got a new player coming in who should be as good if not better than Taffarel so hopefully that works out. I'm looking to make an impact in the Champions League and be a top 8 club.

We are losing a spot in the Best Placed Qualifying Rounds to Austria, which is a shame. So we'll be trying to qualify through the Champions bracket, because Metalist and Kyiv are absolutely hopeless in Europe and we're the only team to make it to the group stages of both European competitions (the price for domestic domination I guess). We're also probably a 3rd seed in the Champions League group stage if we make it (which we should), depending on how the other teams do, so the top 2 seeds will probably be better than Bordeaux and Leverkusen next time around.

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2022        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st            ACL Winners, CWC Winners
2022-2023   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                5th                                 N/A
2023-2024   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                2nd                           Promotion
2024-2025   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup
2025-2026   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup
2026-2027   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup

And here's stats with goals from corners in Premyer-Liha, and goals from corners in Champions League. Rossi got all his goals from corners or free kicks, but not all goals scored directly on a header. Some were tap-ins from rebounds, in case you were wondering about how he gets so many goals. Everything is on default fyi,

Total domination! A nice unbeaten season there rancer and great work on reaching the knockout stages of the CL. It's always good to have the corner stats too, to prove those doubters wrong about defenders scoring! :D.

Total domination! A nice unbeaten season there rancer and great work on reaching the knockout stages of the CL. It's always good to have the corner stats too, to prove those doubters wrong about defenders scoring! :D.

Cheers Raware! And Rossi never scored more than one goal in a game too. Taffarel and Gad had some hat-tricks which is perfectly normal considering they are strikers.

I think it's the first time I've had an unbeaten season in FM. Hoping for more of the same next season. :D

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2027-2028 Season Preview

Estimated Value: $105 million (1st in Ukraine, 53rd in the world)

UEFA Champions League Expectations: reach Group Stage

TV rights: $921k

Transfer Budget: $30.5 million

Wage Budget: $77 million (currently spending $59,917,829)

Basically win everything then? :p

Flamers

Pretty much Flamers. The only thing the board haven't asked us to do is to win every single game. :p

It's absolutely frustrating though due to our strong performance our European ranking went down (league and club wise)...

Our TV rights went up $100k too! Hopefully it'll get to $1 million next season. :)

Fantastic season, remaining unbeaten and only conceding 8 goals too. Quite an achievement in my book!

Cheers mate. :)

So when are you leaving Donetsk?

Not sure, will see how this season goes, although it hasn't been going to plan so far...I had rejected one offer this summer and I'm quite happy with my progress at Shakhtar as a whole.

Oh and Canada sacked their manager (Atiba Hutchinson) after a bad Copa America, and once again, they didn't hire me and got a newgen crap coach! Fine CSA, be that way! :mad::mad::mad:

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2027 Offseason Transfers

Transfers

Some big signings this off-season.

Maximiliano Magnoli - the big signing. $27 million from Zenit is a lot, scoring 98 goals in 141 league appearances. Little concerning he has more yellow cards than goals though...and has that 'me first' attitude in the dressing room...

Sergio Testa - loan signing from Inter. He has well done so far at Shakhtar

Ruslan Zakharov - the big signing. He has 4.5 star potential and I intend to develop him as a striker. I've even taken over the U19s to develop him properly. :)

Konstatin Skoblyakov - he doesn't have 4.5 star potential, but 2.5-3 star is not bad for $500k, considering our horrible youth facilities haven't produced anyone decent in a while (since 2025).

Leaving the club were some unsigned youths.

---

Future Transfer:

Julien Guillemin - for $6.25 million. I think he will be a very very very good player. I'm especially ecstatic because I beat out Chelsea for this signing. :D

---

UEFA Champions League

Group Stages

Not a bad group. There's Manchester United, but we're on par with Ajax, and there M.Haifa. We can finish 2nd here. :)

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2027-2028 End of Season Review

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures 1 Fixtures 2 - A bit of a surprise result in the first match, but we righted the ship after and smooth sailing after a few games to another title.

Kubok Ukrainil - Winners - Another more or less straightforward path with a minor scare to the final, another solid win

UEFA Champions League - Group Stage | Fixtures - Wow, what a fantastic run here. I didn't expect to win the group, but I did. A little luck on our side as we faced the 'easiest' teams in the First Knockout Round and Quarter-Final. I knew we probably had to face either Real or Barca eventually, and we did face both in the end...it's exciting that I took them to the final, although we didn't have anything to show, with a 2-0 loss. We lost Gad (suspension), Mele (injury), and Rogerio (injury) before the final so I really didn't think we had much of a chance, but we played well given the circumstances. When you have Thiago, winner of 7 consecutive Ballon d'Or trophies, it kind of makes life hard on the opposition, and we were no exception. All in all, I'm really happy with our accomplishments in the Champions League, although it still hurts to lose in the final because I don't know when I can get back here with Shakhtar.

Transfers - Couple for the present, 3 for the future

Maximiliano Magnoli - the big signing, but he was a disappointment. And some players don't like him, which isn't really helpful...

Sergio Testa - loaned from parent club Inter, and he did well. Unlike our other parent club Leverkusen, Inter actually send me good first-team players (Henrique, Marcelino) :)

Ruslan Zakharov - I see BIG potential from this guy. I even managed the U21's to develop him. He's going to be the next great striker for Ukraine.

Konstantin Skoblyakov - he doesn't have the potential of Zakharov, but he's only 16, and with the right develop, he can be a starter for Shakhtar and Ukraine

Valentin Kharkov - young centre back with great potential. US$1.5 million isn't a lot of money to invest for a potential leading Premyer-Liha centre back

Squad 1 Squad 2 - this squad is stronger than last year, although I would love to acquire a world class left back (which obviously means another foreigner). I'm letting Bastianini go so I can further develop my young Ukrainian players

Top Goalscorer - Mohammad Gad

Top Playmaker - Mohammad Gad

Most Consistent Player - Mohammad Gad

Most Valuable Player - Gad, he was fantastic all season

Awards

Finances: - Finances

Affiliations: - Affiliations

If I had a wish... much of the same! I would love to get back to the Champions League final, but we'll see! I signed a 3 year extension to the end of the 2030-2031 season because I'm really happy at Shakhtar!

Summary

Year        Team               Country       League           Position                      Notes and Info
2010-2011   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       3rd        Championship Playoff Winners
2011-2012   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd      Championship Playoff Finalists
2012-2013   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2013-2014   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       1st  NZFC Champions, O-League Champions
2014-2015   Auckland City FC   New Zealand   ASB Premiership       2nd  NZFC Finalists, O-League Champions
2016        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Yi League             1st                 Yi League Champions
2017        Anhui Jiufang FC   China         Jia League            1st                Jia League Champions
2018        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          8th                                 N/A
2019        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          2nd                   ACL Qualification
2020        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2021        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st                   ACL Qualification
2022        Henan Jianye FC    China         Super League          1st            ACL Winners, CWC Winners
2022-2023   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                5th                                 N/A
2023-2024   FSV Frankfurt      Germany       3.Liga                2nd                           Promotion
2024-2025   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup
2025-2026   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup
2026-2027   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st    Domestic Double - League and Cup
2027-2028   Shakhtar Donetsk   Ukraine       Premyer-Liha          1st     Domestic Double + UCL Finalists

The jump from FSV Frankfurt to Shakhtar Donetsk is massive, you must have had an unusually large reputation. This is one great career you've had!

I guess winning the Club World Championship helped! I started with semi-pro rep.

IIRC, after I got promoted to the 2.Bundesliga, Shakhtar's previous manager retired so they immediately offered me the job. Surprisingly, FSV Frankfurt are still doing very well in the 2.Bundesliga, in a spot for title challenger, and although I could have gotten them to the top flight and probably get a really good job, I wouldn't trade my experiences at Shakhtar for anything. :)

As for my other clubs, Henan have won lots of league titles since my departure, and went to the ACL semi's once. Anhui have managed to stay in the CSL, and Auckland City are doing okay too, although they're the big team in the O-League.

Just had a read through your career rancer and wish I had read this before :) congrats with the success at Shaktar, I look forward to future updates

Cheers Andrew. I hope for even more success here as I try to build this team to compete with Europe's best every year. :)

Another incredible season, well done, especially getting to final of the Champions League! Hopefully, you'll go one better next season!

Plenty of money in the bank to keep you going too!

Cheers and hopefully we do, we had a really kind draw throughout the competition...although it was a shock to beat Real Madrid.

As for the money, we lost money every month, we only made a slight loss because of all the Champions League revenue we received.

But good news, we are definitely a 2nd seed next season when we make the Group Stages (our coefficient is over 100) which should be easier for the future with only one big club to worry about instead of 2.

A fantastic season rancer! :thup:. So unlucky in the Champions League final but having a player like Thiago on the opposition is always going to be difficult! So, what are yours and the boards expectation for the Champions League next season? Obviously to win it would be great (especially for a Ukranian side) but realistically I mean?

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2028-2029 Season Preview

Estimated Value: $123 million (1st in Ukraine, 42nd in the world)

UEFA Champions League Expectations: reach 1st Knockout Round

TV rights: $819k

Transfer Budget: $30.5 million

Wage Budget: $77 million (currently spending $63,338,503)

Shaxtar_Donetsk.png

2028 Offseason Transfers

Transfers

Not a lot of movement, just minor signings (for now)

Marquinhos Parana - young 18 year old with potential, although as you see later, not sure if he'll develop into more than a backup...

Andriy Datsyuk - had him for 2 years already if you have been following my save (:p), but this is the first year he's been starting regularly. He's been a nice free signing so far, and he's Ukrainian as another bonus

Bogdan Kundenok - young player with 3 star potential

---

Future Transfer:

Marcelo Carioca - been scouting Brazil for some U18 player and found him. I signed him on a whooping $15 million transfer, but a contract till 2033 for less than $2 million a year. Not bad stats for a 16 year old.

I will probably continue my transfer of signing U18 players onto the team. I'm making a serious run to compete in the present and the future. I'm pretty much set with Zakharov and Carioca at the striker positions, since Tafarrel (and probably Magnoli since he's been a total bust and he's the most likely candidate to be moved) will leave by then, and Gad can be the 3rd option.

And I'm also trying to acquire elite Ukrainian talent and developing them. Zakharov is so talented I already have him on my first team! More on him later though. The future is very bright. :)

---

UEFA Champions League

Group Stages

2nd seed!!! :D

And a decent group to boot. I avoid a big team, but I haven't beaten Bordeaux so they will be tough. HSV is a dark horse, and I can't sleep on CFR Cluj either. As long as we get the results we're supposed to get, we will go to the Knockout Rounds of the Champions League.

Also forgot to add that we're the only Ukrainian club in Europe again...Karpaty, Kyiv, and Metalist all failed to advance past the Europa League 4th Qualifying Round. Sigh, thanks guys, our nation coefficient is probably going to go down again. :(

Good luck :D

Cheers Flamers...the only problem isn't the losing, but the laptop have some minor trouble trying to process things in-game quickly. :p

So hopefully I can keep this save going for a little longer until I find a new laptop/desktop (6 cores processor with 4GB Ram, ATI 1GB HD5770 card, although I would prefer a NVIDIA card, liquid CPU cooling...along other nice goodies, or double the RAM and a NVIDIA card for another $100 :D) to hopefully continue this save smoothly (and play some other games!!!)

I'll be doing a feature on Ruslan Zakharov soon. I'm really excited about his potential with Shakhtar (once again, provided I can simulate the next few years in this laptop quick enough for him to reach it!)

rancer890's Youth Project

Player Spotlight - Ruslan Zakharov

Date of Birth: February 27, 2011

Place of Birth: Avdeivka, Ukraine

Languages Spoken: Russian, Ukrainian

Favoured Clubs: None

Favoured Personnel: Mohammad Gad, Ricky Nakano, Oleg Gusev

Agent: Eugene Vaschuk

Description: Striker

Personality: Fairly Determined

Media Handling Style: Level-headed

Main Position: ST

Other Position(s): AMC, MC

Left Foot: Reasonable

Right Foot: Very Strong

PPMs: Runs with ball down right, argues with officials, plays one-twos, avoids using weaker foot

Initial Profile after signing

End of Season 1 - Profile

Career Stats

Year     Club          Nation     League        Apps   Goals  Assists Rating
2027-28  Metalurg Zp   Ukraine    Persha Liha     1      0        1     5.90
2028-29  Shakhtar      Ukraine    Premyer-Liha   
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Totals

Player Notes: I monitored his progress in the U21's all season and didn't disappoint me. He's already on the 1st team this season. :)

He looks amazing for a 17 year old! Big potential!

Cheers! He's already capped for Ukraine so he's the next big player for them. :)

He looks less happy though :p

Might want to try and get rid of argues with officials if you can...

I had him tutored by Gad, so he kind of picked up that PPM...

--

Still no one has noticed something. Won't tell but you just need to be a little more observant... ;)

His date of birth was today :D I think thats it

Yay, we have a winner. :D

Great save you have got there.

Cheers Blue_magic, hopefully I can keep this going because it's been my longest career game save and the most enjoyable in all the years I've played FM. :)

Okay, there's currently a minor(-ish) problem. This save has always crashed every once in a while, but now it's crashing between 10-14 days in game...so if I remember to save (or probably put on autosave) this career can probably continue a few more years on the current laptop before I get a new desktop (probably a couple months if this laptop can handle a few more years in this save).

The save is already 466MB so I think that's quite an accomplishment! :D

Get some better penalty takers? :p

Yes that's actually my plan for the summer. Get some penalty taker specialists. Or hire a penalty coach if it's possible! :p

Now the bright side, Zakharov is a little older and with a full league of games under his belt hopefully we'll get there a 3rd time with him maturing another year (and fingers crossed no one tries to unsettle him in 2 transfer windows...)

Archived