FM11.3 • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Returns (Again) V0.4 || 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE 10/11/10

I'll release what I've got tonight with a couple of important reminders:

Dosn't work for small teams at the moment.

Works for technically strong teams (quick passing / accurate throughballs).

• Defence still needs work.

• Set peices sill need work.

read whole thread next time @up

read whole thread next time @up

I did read that thats why in my first post iwrote im trying it even though it says it wont work with a small team, my team are a small team and not overly technical but it is working quite well for now

@ Adam Sutton, im managing Barnsley seeing as I support them and im also the Reasercher for FM for them

I did read that thats why in my first post iwrote im trying it even though it says it wont work with a small team, my team are a small team and not overly technical but it is working quite well for now

@ Adam Sutton, im managing Barnsley seeing as I support them and im also the Reasercher for FM for them

you using the new one with the defence or the orginal?? dont no what im doing wrong:(

you using the new one with the defence or the orginal?? dont no what im doing wrong:(

I just clicked the link from the OP and used that one, haven't applied any updates thats been posted or anything, just put the tactic on as it was and brought in a couple of players to help

I seem to have most success when using the shouts;

Play Narrower

Exploit the middle

Pass into space

Just a heads up for others to try and see how it works for them. What shouts are others using and what degree of success is that bringing?

Hey minimalfuss, i would like to thank you for this tactic, im using it with ajax and hsv, i tweaked some settings to fit them for my players, i dragged the 2 wingers 1 line back, which results in 65-75% ball possession throughout the match. Thanks!

That suggestion saved my season with HSV. I struggled halfway through it with my own tactics, then resorted to this forum and tried several out, with limited success (saved at the winter break, then tried tactics and reverted to my save when the tactic didn't work). minimalfuss was a tactic that was very good offensively, but leaked goals like no other. Your suggestion shore up the defense without taking away the offensive power - brilliant. :) I'm now unbeaten with it and thrash everybody at home (usually draw away games). I think this tactic will stay with me for many seasons. :)

That suggestion saved my season with HSV. I struggled halfway through it with my own tactics, then resorted to this forum and tried several out, with limited success (saved at the winter break, then tried tactics and reverted to my save when the tactic didn't work). minimalfuss was a tactic that was very good offensively, but leaked goals like no other. Your suggestion shore up the defense without taking away the offensive power - brilliant. :) I'm now unbeaten with it and thrash everybody at home (usually draw away games). I think this tactic will stay with me for many seasons. :)

are you referring to moving them back a physical position to MR and ML or moving their mentality back a notch??

Im in my first season with Liverpool, and its been a season with a lot of experimenting on the tactic side and also replacing certain parts of the squad. I started the season with a couple of FM 10.3 tactics and they worked pretty good. For instance Mr.Houghs Unbeaten worked well with my side winning the first 12 matches in the PL. But i wanted to play 4-4-2 so i changed to Mr.Houghs winger tactic, with ok results.

Then i noticed this thread and i gave your tactic a try. I stuck with it for maybe 20 PL games and also quite a few cup matches, and the results vary. I do win alot, but the performances are quite unstable and i have won quite a few away games with 1-0 and not being the better team(according to the stats). I do like winning, but it feels like i have been a bit lucky in too many of my wins, which i got a feeling will turn at some point. Im looking forward to seeing the changes you make to this tactic and i will definitely try them out. 34 games played in the league and im still in the title race. Arsenal is on top with 84 points in 35 games, and im second with 79 points in 34 games. 25W/4Dr/5De and goal difference is 76/22, which is good. Im in the semifinals of the EL, but i lost in both home cups quite early. Thats my report so far.

For those looking for a relatively cheap Trequartista i recommend buying Giuseppe Rossi. Good stats for the role and have played brilliantly for my team. 11 goals and 7 assists in 14 matches(bought in Jan and cuptied). Torres is Torres and must be the perfect poacher. 30 goals and 15 assists in 29 matches, but do get injured a lot. He also works well in the Trequartista role. Im not quite sure what type of player to get for the "Inside Forward" role at the end of the season though. Should i get a pure left winger or should i go for a AMC who can play on the left side? Im using Ryan Babel there atm, with Adam Johnson as backup. Babel have been decent, with 10 goals and 15 assists in 41 matches, and the fact that he can play left winger, AMC and striker seems to fit the role pretty good.

How are everybody doing with this tweaked defence tactic????

Just started using this and have only tried it for 2 matches. Tbh, it is a bad time to start testing a "new" tactic, since ive played 34 games in the PL and still in the title race, and also playing semifinals in the EL. However, as i said ive tried it for 2 matches and ill keep trying it for the rest of the season to see how the changes compare to the original tactic. First game was terrible. I won 1-0 home to Sampdoria, but i had only 4 shots in total and a brilliant Reina won the game for my side. The next game was much much better. Total domination and i won 5-0 home to WBA. But its too soon to say, so ill keep at it.

minimal this tactic is great. I had some success with Olympiakos. Scoring lots of goal but also conceding a lot wich cost me the league. the main issue i have is the defensive mentality of the team as a whole, what i mean is: by having the AML/AMR set with these instructions i see lot of times my DR/DL get overlapped by opposite AMR/DR while my AML will just stand there looking indifferently and not helping in defensive part, leading to DL getting out of position and letting the opposite AMR unmarked to make a great cross or cut inside. i was wondering is it something like specific player problem (not wanting to defend) or is it player instructions? i have other questions too but that is my basic for now.

KUTGW

Dartford - Blue Square Bet South - predicted place 15th

Brought in some good players (for BSS):

fm20112.png

Used tweak quoted below:

Set these settings for defensive corners set-pieces, 100% guaranteed you wont concede any goal.

GK-Default

DR-Go Back

DL-Go Back

DC-Mark Tall Player

DC-Mark Tall Player

MC-Man Mark

MC-Go Back

AMR-Mark Near Post

AML-Mark Far Post

ST-Go Back

ST-Stay Forward

Got promoted:

fm2011.png

As I'm useless at creating my own tactics, I decided to try out a few downloadable ones. Now I've ended up with this tactic, and it's working wonders for me. Great job.

I did concede quite a few goals, so I set the defenders to the standard setting (Defender - defend). Seems like it worked, because I'm not really conceding much now.

Also, instead of my strikers scoring, the wingers and central defenders are the ones putting the ball in the net.

I'm playing with Leeds btw, and I've changed pretty much the entire squad from day 1.

This is a good basis for a tactic, I'm constantly tweaking it team by team. I find with the short passing my team ends up with most of the ball, passing it around the opponents box and my strikers struggling to get on it, I've made the Trequarista, Support Playmaker and Winger have more direct passing so they're happy to put the ball further up the pitch before the entire opposition team gets behind it. Teams have started putting out a 4-4-1-1 against me which I'm either slaughtering or struggling against. The 4-5-1 is completely useless against this kind of tactic as long as you've got the striker on tight marking, I think I only conceeded one goal against a 4-5-1 team, Tevez managed to wriggle through and score.

The base is good but it needs tweaking passing wise. Also, make sure your morale is up all the time to get the best results. I've noticed playing a really happy Inside Forward does wonders, playing an average one leads to abit of dithering. For some reason Kakuta is a beast compared to most players in that role, it might be because he's got the PPM which makes him take long shots more, I've noticed him squeeze some in from the edge of the area.

Cheers didn't know that either. But what I meant was how do I take the image from the game and save onto hard drive if I indeed have to do this?

Open FM with the screen you want to copy.

Press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard (depending on your keyboard, it should be near the Ins and Delete buttons).

Open Paint (or similar program). Try looking under Accessories in your Start menu.

Press Ctrl+V to paste the pic.

Now you can crop it, resize etc and save it.

Hope that helps

are you referring to moving them back a physical position to MR and ML or moving their mentality back a notch??

MR and ML, thats how i play in away games, it works better for the ball possession on midfield

but my players often miss the connection to the strikers, so when im playing against a good club like madrid, i put 1 striker (the right one) to the AMC pos and let him function as a real Number 10, so that my midfielders can give him the ball at any time.

ps: i now started a game with the spurs and this tactic doesnt seem to work lol, but ill keep on trying

Update on my Ipswich Game;

Had a bad run or 4 or games late Janury / early Feb and thought the tactic had been found out. What i think actually happened was the introduction of 3 players (2 loan and one purchase) unsettled the team a bit as after that i started getting results again. Back on Top by three points now with 6 games to go. Play offs are almost a certainty but i'm hoping to win the league and get to the premiership so i have a better chance of hanging onto Connor Wickham who Man City and Chelsea are sniffing around!!

To me it seems you really do need Full Backs with Pace as when i have to play my backups for these positions i struggle a bit more defensively. Also if your Left forward (poacher) is low on confidence the whole team does suffer.. Jason Scotland had 19 goals from 24 games until the bad run and now i cannot get him going again, sad boy!

What a tactic, i won the premier league on goal difference with +54 with Arsenal 2nd and also beat them in the Champions League Final 3-1.

Won the League cup and knocked out of the FA cup by Blackburn 1-0. All in all, a very good tactic with Tottenham and took my side around 10 league games in to become consistent with this tactic.

used this with Wrexham in the bsp league and am top table 12 points clear with 9 games to play , not spent any money on players as club is broke.

So this definitely works on small teams , just tweak team settings to standard and counter as teams like this can not play such expansive football.

in terms of possession and passing this is a fab tactic , an excellent piece of work ..Many thanks for saving me too much time on the game.!

If your opponent goes down to 10 men I usually find it easier, they'll usually sacrifice a striker in order to keep their defensive structure sound. The annoying thing is, when faced with one striker they have a tendancy to squeeze inbetween defenders quite easily. Set both of your centrebacks to tightly mark him (or just one and have the other one as zonal to cut off any counter attacks).

You'll probably notice it better when you're down to 10 men, your remaining striker will have alot more space to exploit and the opponent won't often double up to take him out.

This is an AMAZING tactic, have tried most of the tactics in the forum, and I will say this is the best so far. Using Liverpool achieved 13 wins in a row since the league begins. Scored 41 conceded 12. (with no S/L)

Well, got the first lost at 14th game, two own goals at home...AI's cheating :mad:

I played Jovanovic as the poacher, and Torres as the trequatista, mainly. here is their stats.

2dul2jb.jpg

13yq6o2.jpg

UPDATE 18/11/10

Evening all, uploaded an updated version.

It's not dominating as well as it did previously but the defence is stronger and more agressive. I've also tweaked some bits and peices here n there.

Let me know how it fares in comparison.

So this tactic is godlike. Been playing as Juventus for 3 seasons so far. Couldnt find a tactic to give me consistent results until this... I have not lost a game yet in any competition. Yes I am playing as Juventus, but other tactics werent cutting it. Check out the Juventus team thread for a bit more info.

Archived