FM11.3 • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Returns (Again) V0.4 || 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i full season with Liverpool , 1 full with Steaua Bucharest and now 14 games with VILLA . Won EPL and League Cup with LFC , won RPL with Steaua and got to the semi final in euro cup , and now 2nd with villa in PL , and first in euro cup

Who are you using as CB's? Are the FB's attacking or defensive?

Hey. I'm a fellow tactician and while I haven't been using your tactic, I would like to agree on the fact that away games difficulty have been 'overrated' by SI this year.

After an extensive test my testers and I done on my thread on FM-Base (it's okay to mention other forum's name here right?), we found that, at least on my tactic, playing 'standard' instead of 'attacking' (my default mentality) seems to be working well.

I know it's a bit obvious - the whole play-more-defensively-on-away-games fact but you don't know how big the impact is unless you try it, especially this year.

and as for defending corners. I got no comment on that. Reckons that it's a bug as well. I've tweaked quite heavily but still conceding averaging almost 1 goal per game from corners.

That is all.

Cheers.

Those with the worst results seem to be those that have a very changed squad....squad harmony is big on FM11....i assume to reel in the unrealistic transfer dealings that usually go on.

My current dilema is this:

I'm mostly playing this game for my own enjoyment, I've only just had time to complete my first season - second season will be different due to transfers and a massively improved team...SO

-do i continue to play for my own enjoyment and the tactic will likely change very little.

-do i dedicate a little time to tactics and start again and home what I've got with a default team.

I'll read the last page and answer as many questions as I can later tonight, off out im afraid!

UPDATE 11/11/10

Please set you're attacking corners to 'aim at far post' in advanced tema instructions - forgot to set this before releasing

Will help you score alot of corners with the current setup.

What I am using already has this corner set up. Has there been a newer version since this?

Fuss, top stuff as usual.

My only realy issue while using with Rangers is of course the qaulity of players but trying to get two strikers who'll fit the roles..

My other issue is the continued goals from crosses, struggling to tweak this.

I've been developing my own flat 4-4-2 since release day and have good results with Ipswich, was sitting in 2nd place, unbeaten in 9 games. My tactic was based around the 'short passing, keep the ball' and press when don't have it mentality and although quite solid i wasn't scoring very much. Too many 1-0 or 2-1 seat of the pants wins for my liking!

Anyway loaded your tactic under match preperation for a couple of games, using it in the second half with great results (think it helps that i had played 15 or so games already with a flat 4-4-2). Scoring more goals and creating a lot more chances. I'm now unbeaten in 19 games and sitting top with a 4 point lead :-). Considering i was predicted for a mid table finish things are going very well thank you.

Not using the tweaked version but am changing the CB configuration slightly but for my team there's not a lot wrong with it.

Top job again Mr Fuss!

I've found lowering the width 1 or 2 notches has been helpful with defending; not tested long term yet, so can't say for sure.

Tweaked version is good for fast defences, original good for strong defences - I've making a more defensive version for away games.

hey Minimial, just wondering why you have your trequartista set to move into the channels and your poacher set to normal? Wouldn't it make more sense to reverse these wide play roles if you want the trequartista to link the midfield and attack more?

Completely didn't work for me. Sent my Chelsea side tumbling out of the group stages of the Champs League, losing my first 3 games to Feyenoord, Shakhtar, Juventus, and had me drawing at home against the likes of Ipswich in the league. Had to revert back to my own tactic which saw me winning the league and Champs League double in my first season, but I have to win the last game against Juventus to get 3rd place in the group.

Had to laugh, playing as Spurs and just couldn't turn a whole run of draws into wins, now I don't normally use other tactics, but saw this and as it had been designed for Spurs thought I would have a look and see if there was something obvious I was doing wrong. Thought I'd give it a few games as my next game was Fulham at home so didn't think it was fair to go on a win here as a result, but.........BANG.....just suffered my worst ever defeat on any CM/FM game 8-1!!!!

However I do look to take positives, and I feared I hadn't strengthened the defence, so I know what I will be doing coming the next transfer window, so thanks, but no thanks ;)

No they didnt change it. Learn to read.

Match v903

----------

- Rewritten tracking and marking of player with ball

- Fine tuned dribbling ability to allow for above change

- Fixed players continuing to face set piece position by default after set piece has already been taken

- Made keeper dive to head ball rather than risk a messy clearance when ball around chest height

- Made players more likely to round keeper when clear on goal

- Also made players less likely to shoot too early when clear on goal

- Slight tweak to keeper positioning when coming to meet opponent bearing down on goal

- Made players track their opponent a bit more urgently when set piece about to be taken

- Fixed bug causing keepers continuing move to intercept ball that has long since been taken under control by opponent

- Fixed a couple of issues relating to players not reacting properly to the ball

- Couple of tweaks to marking of non ball player in open play

- Made players especially wide players less likely to drift offside when offering out ball to team mate

- Made players under no pressure less likely to play first time or second touch pass unless it is a really good option

- Fixed players risking missing easy chances by aiming too close to posts when no need to do so

- Reduced number of crosses aimed at penalty box with absolutely no team mate there or close to being there

- Couple of further small tweaks to on ball decision making

Match v904

----------

- Fine tuning and fixes to closing down and tracking of ball player

- Fine tuning to marking of non ball player

- Generally tuned balance of fouls and cards

- Players a bit quicker to get play going again at set piece when chasing game

- Fixed obscure bug where keeper could catch ball and back into own net with it

- Fixed occasional bug where player boots ball out of play for no reason

- Tweaked marking at throws in defensive third

- Fixed a couple of bugs where players would stop covering for team mate prematurely

- Fixed a couple more incidences of players not reacting to ball realistically

- Fixed bug where defenders could leave ball to keeper unrealistically and allow opponents in

- Slight tweak to movement off ball in opponent's area

- Fixed player putting ball out for injury when in scoring position unless its clear that he should

- Reduced lateral runs with ball across pitch ahead of decent passing opportunities

- Fixed underuse of playmaker at slow tempo

- Fixed general underuse of target man

- Reduced shots taken from distance when opportunity is there to take ball on further towards goal

- Slight tweak to accuracy of shots in clear cut chance positions

- Fixed bug where player diving to head ball in right on line might send ball away from goal

- Fixed bug where defender may clear ball off line without taking care not to kick it against team mate

- Encouraged earlier cross when plenty of team mates in opposition area

- Fixed bug causing keepers to walk through each other when switching over during a penalty shootout

- Ensured physios face the direction of the player they are treating when treating a player off the field

- Fixed bug where a player celebrates despite being injured

- Fixed bug where both physios stand on top of each other

- Adjusted selection of corner takers for human teams where the user hasn't assigned one in their tactics

- Ensured players don't attempt sliding celebrations if they haven't gained enough momentum to perform the slide

- Fixed bug where players would celebrate goals when a fixture was being played behind closed doors

- Fixed bug causing players to end up celebrating goals by themselves too often

- Fixed bug where the linesman would stand in an inappropriate position for free kicks that were in positions similar to corner kicks

Match v905

----------

- Further fine tuning to closing down and tracking of ball player

- Very small tweak to marking of non ball player to prevent defenders getting pulled apart laterally unrealistically

- Reduction in number of tackle attempts to be closer to v902 and v903

- Further tuning to balance of fouls and cards

- Players more likely to go to ground when opponents tug their shirts while they are running at speed

- Player more likely to miscontrol ball when switching direction at speed

- Made player reaction time more realistic when they fail to win a tackle or foul attempt

- Fixed bug causing defensive midfielders to cover for centre halves when they are too far off D-line and defence should be shifting across

- Fixed obscure bug causing unrealistic panicky clearances

- Some improvements to passing AI

- Fixed bug causing players to make fouls as last man in the belief they werent last man

- Fixed bug in finishing from tight angle but at close range that could send ball across goal and make too easy for keeper

Match v906

----------

- Yet further fine tuning to closing down and tracking of ball player

- Small tweak to prevent centre halves man marking too early and losing defensive shape

- Reduced unneccesarily heavy first touches

- Tweaked dribbling AI slightly

- Improved decision making when through on goal slightly

- Fined tuned number of penalties

- Fixed bullet throws being targeted too low

Archived