Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Gundo - Brodd IL Adeccoligaen End of season report 2013

brodd.png

I have not really had a great deal of time for FM or this save since December, it's only this week I managed to get going again on it
:)
. We really out shone everyone's expectations to
The media predicted us a 16th place finish(bottom).
had a fairly unspectacular first half of the season, due sulking mainly because I was fielding him on the right hand side of the pitch for a number of matches, he did eventually settle down again once he was restored to his favored striking role.

Tippeligaen 43rd down to 56th in the Rankings.

Next season at the Midjord Stadion - Promotion, I will expect it. We've signed a
who should help and develop into a good player.

Season   Pos.  League              Cup             C.League      Euro Cup     Achievements
2011     5th   2.divisjon Avd.3    Cupen 2nd Rnd   N/A           N/A          None
2012     1st   2.divisjon Avd.3    Cupen 2nd Rnd   N/A           N/A          Promotion!
2013     3rd   Adeccoligaen        Cupen 3rd Rnd   N/A           N/A          None

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to ask a general question. How is everyone doing with finances? I am having to spend well over my wage budget in order to keep a squad of palyers that are good enough for the Finnish Premier League. I am doing 2-3 tours a year to raise funds. The prize money (my best finish is 4th) has reached a max 68,000 pounds so far. Does anyone else do tours or have any other ways to make the cash? If you do tour, where do you go? I find (probably due to my seasons finishing mid season for all the top leagues) that I can only get them accepted by 'B' teams in spain.

Cheers :)

I was 1k under my wage budget of 6k in our first season in the Adeccoligaen (Norwegian 2nd tier), best thing for of income before you make the CL is selling players unfortunately.

Budafok Hungarian Division 1 2022/23

Table

Positions

The league was almost a walkover with a record number of points and goals scored. Nearly went through the season unbeaten winning the first 13 games before drawing to MTK (who i then then suffered my only loss to as well). I went out of the league cup to MTK in the quarter finals but gained my revenge by beating them in the hungarian cup final.

In europe i went past Baku, Midjylland and Zestaponi winning all the ties comfortably to make the CL group stages. I performed ok in a group with Arsenal, fiorentina and Ajax to finish 3rd with 5 points and go into the euro cup 1st KO Rd. I lost the first leg away to PSV 2-0 and went behind early in the return leg before scoring 2 goals to win the match but not the tie.

Squad

Transfers

The squad started the season very strong but no first teamers would enter new contract talks, this led to to several of them being sold in dec as they had only 6 months left. Hovesen (111 apps, 22 goals) Ivan (244 apps, 46 goals) left because of this, lebedev (78 apps, 29 goals) still had 18 months left but he asked to leave and i got 4.7 million + another 3.6 million 4 months later when i cashed in a sell on clause. Saidi (99 apps), Kouassi (242 apps, 13 goals), Stoian (89 apps, 11 goals) and Sylla (105 apps, 32 goals) were all sold as they were surplus to requirements. Williams was the star player and would have scored far more if he had not spent 5 months out with a broken leg.

The finances are looking good and the training facilities were improved as a result, the shareholders then took 3.6 million to leave me with 15 million at the end of the season.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winners                Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup
2019/20        First Division         3rd                4th Rd                 Semi-final         Cl Group stages               None
2020/21        First Division         1st                4th Rd                 Winners            Euro Cup 1st KO Rd            League winnner, LC Winner
2021/22        First Division         1st                Winner                 semi-final         4th QRd   CL                  League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup                                                                                                 
2022/23        First Division         1st                Winner                 Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  1st KO Rd   Euro cup                                                                                                 

League Ranking and standard - Club coefficient/League Coefficient

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

19/20 - 68 (2*) - 381 /27

20/21 - 50 (2.5*) - 211/27

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

22/23 - 44 (2.5*) -113/20

23/24 - 37 (2.5*) -70/19

I've been considering the various challenges for a while now and I've always loved this one, especially given the dynamic league situation now...........Interesting to see whether Marky Mark and Welsh Wizard can change the league reps significantly in their respective countries

The addition of the Netherlands is an exciting option for me so I am holidaying there now.......I hear Amsterdam is a fun place to hang out ;)

Firstly, the reset date for Holland is around 16/17 July - best save on 15th if you want some choice in picking your team. Only one team gets promoted into the Eredivisie. This year it was FC Oss images%3Fq%3DFC%2BOss%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D690%26tbs%3Disch:1%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=149&vpy=82&dur=159&hovh=188&hovw=188&tx=107&ty=111&oei=ov5DTfTPA86GhQfNjoi_AQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0images%3Fq%3DFC%2BOss%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D690%26tbs%3Disch:1%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=149&vpy=82&dur=159&hovh=188&hovw=188&tx=107&ty=111&oei=ov5DTfTPA86GhQfNjoi_AQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxhKsKVRCHkkOZM_PFtNDDp3pEyUaSPSeXsxzdhigcW_QqqLR1

On the plus side, we're already professional and finances are secure which should make things a little easier I hope! Here's confirmation that they've not been available in the game before

Finally, here's my personal screen

Watch out Ajax!

150px-Sportist_Gen_Toshevo.png

Sportist (General Toshevo) 2012/13 Season Update - Bulgarian "B" Group - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Bulgarian "B" Group - 14th

2012/13 - Bulgarian "B" Group - 2nd

38 Pld, 22 Won, 10 Drn, 6 Lst, 82 For, 41 Ag, +41 GD, 76 Pts

Transfers / Star Players / Team Summary

2013 Transfers

Given I was over $1,000 over my wage budget last season, I was not able to sign any new players this season, however I did have 5 players who I signed on Bosmans last season join the club, as well as as a staggering 21 players on loan.

Of the permanent Sportist (GT) players, the best one was experienced winger Radoslav Ivanov:

Radoslav Ivanov - After being one of the better Sportist players last season with an average rating of 7.0, he lifted his game even more, and managed 12 goals and 8 assists at 7.16 from 37 games. At 32, his attributes are now very much in decline, but he is still one of the best Sportist players in the team, and in fact took home the Fans Player of the Year award

However, in my eyes the star of the side this season was 22 year old striker Mustafa Sherif, a loanee from Bulgarian non-league club Pirin (Gotse Delchev):

Mustafa Sherif - Looking at his attributes they don't look amazing, but somehow, it all came together, and Mustafa managed 17 goals and 10 assists at 7.41 from 29 games to set all sort of new Sportist (GT) records. I still don't know how he did it, but I'll be looking to loan him again next season to see if he can do it again!

2013 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups

The league started much better this season, and 9 games in I had only lost 1 game to be sitting in 2nd place! My for after that was a little inconsistent, and I dropped to as low as 8th place, before pickup up my game and getting back up to 2nd place with a month or two to go in the season... only a few points off first place, but also only a few points away from the rest of the pack. The team played well towards the end of the season, only losing 2 of the last 13 games, including a couple of 6-0 wins, however a few too many draws meant that first place was never really going to happen, and I ended up with 76 points, 4 points shy of first place. Whilst it was a little disappointing in the end, it's still good enough for automatic promotion, which was a little surprising given my squad hadn't changed that much from last season... maybe they just needed one season to gel together?

2013 League Table and Graph

In the Bulgarian Cup I performed a little better than last season, winning the 1st Round against non-league Hebros on penalties after it was 0-0, however was then knocked out 1-3 by "A" Group opposition in the 2nd Round.

League Reputation: 47th (+17) - between Russian Cup and Russian Super Cup

National Coefficient: 25th (-3) - between Poland and Norway

Finances / Facilities

Another season, another loss, this time $420k loss, resulting in a closing balance of -$720k... and I guess my current wage total being $1,000 per week over budget isn't helping, but even as it is I only have a paper thin squad which is propped up by loanees... hopefully I get a much bigger wage budget in the "A" Group

2013 Finances

Also, as per last season, I received a message telling me the plans for the new stadium had been blocked (despite me not asking for one), so we will once again be playing at 'unknown stadium'

New Club Records

Highest League Position: 2nd in "B" Group

Highest Attendance: 961 v Nesebar Bulgarian Cup 2nd Round 14/11/2012

Highest Gate Receipts: $2,000 v Nesebar Bulgarian Cup 2nd Round 14/11/2012

Average Attendance: 658

Biggest Win: 7-0 v Botev (Galabovo) (H) "B" Group 25/8/2012

Most Games Won in Row: 4 - 9/2/2013 to 2/3/2013

Most Games Without Losing: 9 - 30/3/2013 to 18/5/2013

Most Games Without Conceding: 4 - 20/10/2012 to 3/11/2012

Most Games Without Scoring: 3 - 27/10/2012 to 3/11/2012

Top Goalscorer: Mustafa Sherif - 17

Top League Goalscorer: Mustafa Sherif - 17

Most Goals in a Match: Todor Todorov - 3 (v Botev (Galabovo) 25/8/2012)

Most League Apps for Club: Radoslav Ivanov - 67

Most League Goals for Club: Radoslav Ivanov - 20

Oldest Player: Kaloyan Todorov - 36 years 55 days (v Bresnik (A) "B" Group 1/6/2013)

Fastest Goal: Radoslav Ivanov - 53 seconds (v Chernomorets (Balchik) in the Bulgarian "B" Group 4/5/2013)

So, after a terrible first season I have somehow managed promotion to the top division this season, but I think I will need to seriously strengthen my side just to survive, let's see if the board is willing to increase my salary budget despite my ever growing debt (which I'm not really worried about yet, but I will have to worry about it sooner or later!)

After winning the Champions league in my 4th season I've decided to not continue it a it's no fun at all tbh. So unrealistic to be able improve the squad so fast don't get me wrong the squad is not that good compare to other big teams in euro so my tactic has some blame I could change it but I made it to play how I like and it's made with the creator so can't work out what has made us win games must be luck with us not dominating games vs most teams in euro.

Shame as I wanted this to be my final save and continue it for quite a few seasons.

CL Final

After winning the Champions league in my 4th season I've decided to not continue it a it's no fun at all tbh. So unrealistic to be able improve the squad so fast don't get me wrong the squad is not that good compare to other big teams in euro so my tactic has some blame I could change it but I made it to play how I like and it's made with the creator so can't work out what has made us win games must be luck with us not dominating games vs most teams in euro.

Shame as I wanted this to be my final save and continue it for quite a few seasons.

CL Final

Could you upload your tactic by any chance? :-)

4689.gif?v=1

NK Dravograd - Slovenian Second Division - Introduction

So, a bit of background. I've been trying to complete this challenge in Slovenia since 2007. I've tried with Tolmin, Sencur, Krka and Sampion over the last four years, and each time I have turned them into the dominant force in Slovenian football, got them regularly past the CL group stages, and never once made it past the CL quarter finals.

The usual pattern is to scrap survival in the first season, challenge for promotion in the second, go up in the third, go down again in the fourth, sweep the league in the fifth, consolidate in the sixth, and then I'm away. It's a bastard in Slovenia. First few years you can't attract anyone foreign at all, then you start to get Eastern Europe interested, and get stuck on the non-EU rules, and then eventually you can nick players from Austria and Belgium, as well as the world, but you can never hold on to them past a season as they decide they want to move on. Pretty much every season in the CL, 3/4 of my squad has been "Unh".

Still, this year we have dynamic league reputation, and I hope that will help, so I'm starting, as always, with the team predicted to finish bottom. Dravograd is a town on the Austrian border, and the team actually has some history, playing top flight football in the last decade, and finalists in the Slovenian Cup 8 years ago. A stadium which holds 2300 is better than some at this level, and they play in green, which I like.

Manager Profile

Initial squad looks ok-ish. No young talent, but a handful of players who may not embarass me straight away. Looks like it's going to need wing-backs though, which might be interesting..

I have 3 kids and a job, so might not be the quickest to update, but I'm here and determined to be the first to complete this challenge in Slovenia :mad:

CL Final

Maybe try taking over a team that isnt in a league that is easy to dominate. Try Scandenavia or one of the stonger leagues, im in Finland and in 2019 and still havent even made the qualifiers for CL! Its a strong league with 2 teams beating 3rd by about 20 points a season, should be more of a challenge than Wales.

And dont think im bad mouthing wales, i lived there for 5 years and played semi pro, it just isnt a stong league!

4689.gif?v=1

NK Dravograd - Slovenian Second Division - Introduction

So, a bit of background. I've been trying to complete this challenge in Slovenia since 2007. I've tried with Tolmin, Sencur, Krka and Sampion over the last four years, and each time I have turned them into the dominant force in Slovenian football, got them regularly past the CL group stages, and never once made it past the CL quarter finals.

The usual pattern is to scrap survival in the first season, challenge for promotion in the second, go up in the third, go down again in the fourth, sweep the league in the fifth, consolidate in the sixth, and then I'm away. It's a bastard in Slovenia. First few years you can't attract anyone foreign at all, then you start to get Eastern Europe interested, and get stuck on the non-EU rules, and then eventually you can nick players from Austria and Belgium, as well as the world, but you can never hold on to them past a season as they decide they want to move on. Pretty much every season in the CL, 3/4 of my squad has been "Unh".

Still, this year we have dynamic league reputation, and I hope that will help, so I'm starting, as always, with the team predicted to finish bottom. Dravograd is a town on the Austrian border, and the team actually has some history, playing top flight football in the last decade, and finalists in the Slovenian Cup 8 years ago. A stadium which holds 2300 is better than some at this level, and they play in green, which I like.

Manager Profile

Initial squad looks ok-ish. No young talent, but a handful of players who may not embarass me straight away. Looks like it's going to need wing-backs though, which might be interesting..

I have 3 kids and a job, so might not be the quickest to update, but I'm here and determined to be the first to complete this challenge in Slovenia :mad:

hope you can get it mate, if you do are you going to keep trying this every year with a slovenian team or try something else?

NK Olimpija Osijek - 1.HNL (Croatian Premier Division) - 2020/2021 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Transfer market

(Transfers)

There were some considerable changes on the Summer as we kept on attacking the african and south american market, altho as usual the cheapest players tended to make more impact, the likes of Nwachi, Salomón and Hendricks turning out to have disappointing seasons. Meanwhile, keeper Gérson Coimbra who served us for many seasons had to leave as he wouldn't agree on a new contract - the egyptian Arafa Saleh arrived to replace him.

Later on January there was a bit of a revolution again as the board agreed to let me use the money we won on the Champions League. So I splashed 4.3 millions on a promising brazilian midfielder named Nenê, in an unprecedented extravagant move for the club. Meanwhile, a few underperforming high-profile players left, namely Cherkaoui, Diabakaté and the young striker John Antwi, who I disliked for a lack of finishing skills, left for a nice 1.5M fee + 50% of future transfer profits.

Domestic league

(League Table)

(Progress)

I'm not sure it's worth writing a lot as the 1.HNL is becoming a bit of a formality by now. Nevertheless we followed the already traditional pattern of trailing Hajduk closely for the first part of the season, then watch with a cheeky grin on our face as they completely fell apart as always after the winter break - same time we hit top form. By the end we had accumulated a ridiculous 16 points lead, breaking the records for most goals and most points. We conceded too much, though.

Europe

(Champions League campaign)

We had a bit of an unlucky draw to begin with, having to face slovenian champions Maribor and so we failed to score for the first 75 minutes at home - but then we scored 4 in 15 minutes and decided it, despite losing in Slovenia afterwards. Then we had two ridiculously easy draws to counter it. First we faced estonian champions Levadia and we breezed past them with an aggregate 11-2 score. Then we faced the completely unknown finnish squad of IFK Mariehamm, surely within our reach? It turned out to be much tougher than expected, as we lost in Finland 2-1, then only a penalty and the away goals rule decided it in our favour back in Croatia. Underwhelming, but that clinched the qualification for the Champions League for the first time in our history.

The nice fat 7 million cheque we received from that meant nothing when it came to face the next few opponents - Rangers, Benfica and Barcelona. We tied Rangers away to begin with in a sensational match, but then I forgot to save the game and when I replayed it we lost. A crazy 5-3 defeat to Benfica followed then another two obligatory defeats to Barcelona. Amazingly, we then did beat Rangers 1-0 with a goal by Antwi in the 92nd minute, which kept our hopes up for the possibility of clinching 3rd place and continuing in the Europa League. Only to be humiliated in Lisbon vs Benfica with an heavy 5-0 loss which ended our campaign.

The cup

(Campaign)

Oh dear, this was a disaster. We had already struggled to beat Slaven Belupo in our first match, but I didn't expect what came afterwards. We were matched against our new feeder club, the 2.HNL side Hrvatski Dragovoljac, and despite leading 2-0 after 15 minutes they'd soon tie the game, and resist all the way to penalties. And then Edgardo Garro missed a kick and we lost. No domestic double this time.

Best eleven

(Squad and stats)

GK - Arafa Saleh

DR - Nikola Tkalcic

DL - Marcel Novko

DC - Stipe Buric

DC - Vladica Vasic

MC - Nenê

MC - Edgardo Garro

AMR - Fermín Rodríguez

AML - Nicolás Olivares

ST - Osama Hamed

ST - Simphiwe Vilakazi

The superstar this year was the egyptian forward Osama Hamed who suddenly started scoring goals and wouldn't stop. Brilliant season, easily became the top scorer of the league and broke all club scorer records of the legendary Zeljko Sablic, who scored so many for us back in the 2.HNL days.

Now what?

We keep going. We're obviously still nowhere near good enough to challenge for the Champions League title, so that's why I'm trying to build up a squad for the future with a few highly promising youngsters. The super-expensive Nenê is the big name there, but expect to hear a lot in the future about players like Pablo Cellerino and Ntokozo Matkhoba who are in the verge of breaking into the first team.

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe                 Notes[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                    Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                    Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                    Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                    Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6243633&viewfull=1#post6243633]2015/16[/url]    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                    Missed promotion by 1 point
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6276421&viewfull=1#post6276421]2016/17[/url]    2.HNL - 1st      1st round    ---                    Promoted, 2.HNL champions
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6288934&viewfull=1#post6288934]2017/18[/url]    1.HNL - 2nd      ---          ---                    Fought for the title, qualified for Europe
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6317466&viewfull=1#post6317466]2018/19[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      EL 3rd Q rnd           Domestic double
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6364634&viewfull=1#post6364634]2019/20[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL playoff, EL groups  Domestic double
2020/21    1.HNL - 1st      2nd round    CL groups              Champions again

Sportist (General Toshevo) 2013/14 Season Update - Bulgarian "B" Group - Marky Mark!

2012/13 - Bulgarian "B" Group - 2nd - Promotion!

2013/14 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 13th

30 Pld, 8 Won, 9 Drn, 13 Lst, 42 For, 66 Ag, -24 GD, 33 Pts

2014 Transfers

Finally, promotion to the top league has resulted in an increase in my wage budget (despite my growing debt), and I went to work in using it up, signing 26 new players, as well as 7 additional players on loan, to once again go over my wage budget, despite also letting go 17 players on free transfers to other clubs.

Of the many new signings, the most impressive looking one was 30 year old midfielder Daniel Gadzhev:

Daniel Gadzhev - Despite only being picked up in January and playing 10 games at 6.87, he looks a quality player (well, compared to the rest of the squad), and I'm hoping will be able to lead the side next season

However, the Fan's Player of the Season was also a new signing, signed at the start of the season, and that was 31 year old winger / striker Doncho Atanasov:

Doncho Atanasov - Although he only got 3 goals from 26 games at 6.9, he also had a record 11 assists, which in an otherwise poor season is quite an achievement! Whilst he doesn't have many years left (similar to a lot of my signings, who were mostly on the older side), he should be able to play another important role in the side next season.

2014 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups

I was prepared for a tough season, but even then I was disappointed to loose 5 games in a row early in the season, and after 11 games I was dead last, with a lot of work to do. After that the side's form picked up, and they got as high as 11th, but then a few injuries to key players really hurt, and I went on another loosing streak, and with two games to go I was 15th, but only a couple of points off 13th and safety. Somehow, I managed to win my last two games (against other relegation threatened sides), and that was enough to climb into 13th, 3 points above the relegation zone! It was very close, but in the end the side did just enough to survive!

2014 League Table and Graph

In the Bulgarian Cup I again managed to win my first game against non-league opposition, but then lost 0-3 in the 3rd Round

League Reputation: 48th (+1) - between Cypriot A Division and Greek Cup

National Coefficient: 23rd (-2) - between Serbia and Cyprus

Finances / Facilities

There were two items of note this season, and both happened towards the end of the season

Firstly, with the club hemorrhaging money, there was a club takeover, and whilst there was a message that there would be no injection of cash, I noticed that my $1.6M debt was gone, and had been replaced with a Bank Loan over the next 25 years - which I was happy to see

Secondly, the club decided that it was finally going to build a new "Sportist (General Toshevo)" Stadium, a 3412 all seater stadium, so I could finally move out of 'unknown stadium'. Oddly, I was told this would take 2 years to complete, and in the mean time I would ground share with Sportist (General Toshevo), and my club info now states that I am currently playing in the Sportist stadium which was built in 2016 - 2 years in the future! This lead to another bank loan, but only for $325k (pretty cheap for a new stadium??)

Due to all these loans, it shows the club made a profit of $867k, but this is due to $1.9m of loans, meaning I really made a $800k loss... I really need a new sponsorship deal or some European prize money before all the board start to notice all this debt

2014 Finances

New Club Records

Highest League Position: 13th in "A" Group

Highest Attendance: 2,385 v CSKA (Sofia) "A" Group 15/3/2014

Highest Gate Receipts: $9,000 v CSKA (Sofia) "A" Group 15/3/2014

Average Attendance: 1,300

Biggest Defeat: 7-1 v Chernomorets (Burgas) (A) "A" Group 28/9/2013

Highest Scoring Game: 7-1 v Chernomorets (Burgas) (A) "A" Group 28/9/2013

Highest Scoring League Game: 7-1 v Chernomorets (Burgas) (A) "A" Group 28/9/2013

Most Games Lost in Row: 5 - 1/9/2013 to 5/10/2013

Most Assists: Doncho Atanasov - 11

Fastest Goal: Vasil Velev - 34 seconds (v Slavia (Sofia) in the Bulgarian "A" Group 24/8/2013)

So, whilst I acheived my goal of avoiding relegation (just), I was quite disapointed at how my first season in the top flight went, and will really be looking to improve for next season!

Budafok Hungarian Division 1 2023/24

Table

Positions

I started this season well and was hoping to be unbeaten in the league, i was unbeaten and had a big points advantage going into the winter break. After the break and with the loss of several first teamers, the team lost the first league game and struggled a bit, only just winning the title mostly thanks to the failure of other teams to put together a good run. I won both the league cup and Hungarian cup which was my first domestic treble.

In the CL qualifiers i was comfortable in the first 2 rounds but squeezed past Finnish Jaro 3-1 on agg to make the group stages again.

I gained 4 points off Ajax but finished last due to poor performances against Bayern and Inter who were not that strong really.

Finances are looking good and i had some further improvements in the training and youth facilities plus an academy. I am hoping i might get a youth player come through capable of making the first team, i had a few english players come through this year, one who was rated at 2.5 stars potential.

Squad

Transfers

My squad started the season witht the strongest squad i'd ever had, but 4 first teamers left in jan as their contracts had 6 months left and they would not enter talks over a new one. For Jensen ( 161 apps, 16 goals) and Williams (127 apps, 58 goals) replacements already existed in the squad but Yameogo (182 apps, 25 goals) and Daniel (103 apps, 7 goals) were 2 of my best players.

Kaoua (352 apps, 3 goals) held the record for most apps and was the club captain but i felt that 1 million was too good to turn down especially with Pereira joining. Cesar (115 apps, 11 goals) was wanting a huge salary increase so i sold him as well. Ferraira was a record purchase and is described as the next Ronaldo. Cheaper was Ali who has already shown great promise. 2 other highly recommended players arrived in the form of Andrade and Smajlovic

My star player was yet again Arkhipov, still my best player even though not rated highly by my coaches. Signed 6 years ago on a free he now has 160 goals in 235 apps.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winners                Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup
2019/20        First Division         3rd                4th Rd                 Semi-final         Cl Group stages               None
2020/21        First Division         1st                4th Rd                 Winners            Euro Cup 1st KO Rd            League winnner, LC Winner
2021/22        First Division         1st                Winner                 semi-final         4th QRd   CL                  League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup                                                                                                
2022/23        First Division         1st                Winner                 Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  1st KO Rd   Euro cup
2023/24        First Division         1st                Winner                 Winners            CL Group stages               Domestic treble                 

League Ranking / standard - Club coefficient/League Coefficient

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

23/24 - 37 (2.5*) -70/19

24/25 - 30 (2.5*) -52/17

the league standard and coefficent increased all thanks to my efforts as yet again other hungarian teams made almost no progress at all.

Just one quick question. When i start a new game i can only load one nations leagues? for example if i want to start in Ireland i can only load that nation?

that is correct

"Getting started

Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you have selected; only one nation is allowed."

Marky Mark! How are you finding Bulgaria as compared to N. Ireland, you have certainly changed the squad a lot, perhaps a season of bonding will help for next season.

Yeah, struggling a bit, and I'm sure it is in part due to my constant playing in the transfer market... but the squad should stay fairly static now (only because I don't have any more room in my wage budget to sign any more players!), so I'll see if that helps the team at all.

Seems your making progress in Hungary, qualifying for the CL Group Stage again, I'm sure it wont be long until you get into the knockout rounds!

Yeah, struggling a bit, and I'm sure it is in part due to my constant playing in the transfer market... but the squad should stay fairly static now (only because I don't have any more room in my wage budget to sign any more players!), so I'll see if that helps the team at all.

Seems your making progress in Hungary, qualifying for the CL Group Stage again, I'm sure it wont be long until you get into the knockout rounds!

Are you clairvoyant? In spite of a weaker squad overall and Ferreira being injured for 10 months i have done just that, suspect i won't go further as i'm playing Athletico Madrid who have reached the semi's at least for the last 4 years.

The 5 foreigners rule in hungary is beginning to cause me trouble as 8 of my first choice 18 are foreign.

Gundo - IL Brodd Adeccoligaen End of season report 2014

brodd.png

2014 proved to be an excellent season in the history of IL Brodd. It actually went down to the final round of games in the end and
for much of the season, we finally became
after a memorable 2-0 win over 10th place Tromsdalen in our last game.

Players of note -
achieved our highest average rating of 7.47. Youngster
picked up most assists with 10. Top goalscorer went to our captain
who notched 16 goals.
was impressive once again and the pacey front man weighed in with some crucial goals and lead the line for much of the campaign.

Our Cupen campaign was truly awful and lasted one game as we exited in the first round at the hands of 2.divisjon FK Jerv!
:(

I'm happy with how things went this season, however I think we'll need to invest in plenty of new faces, more so in youth to help the club going forward for the future. I'm delighted we have managed to to reach the Tippeligaen after only four seasons, it's actually a personally record for me.
:D

Tippeligaen 56th up to 44th in the Rankings.

Next season at the Midjord Stadion - After promotion to the top flight of Norwegian football we will be looking for survival first and foremost, then maybe a decent cup run.
:cool:

Season   Pos.  League              Cup             C.League      Euro Cup     Achievements
2011     5th   2.divisjon Avd.3    Cupen 2nd Rnd   N/A           N/A          None
2012     1st   2.divisjon Avd.3    Cupen 2nd Rnd   N/A           N/A          Promotion!
2013     3rd   Adeccoligaen        Cupen 3rd Rnd   N/A           N/A          None
2014     1st   Adeccoligaen        Cupen 1st Rnd   N/A           N/A          Promotion!

I'm finding our first season in the Tippeligaen with Brodd much harder. I found it difficult to sign quality players and performance wise, we are leaking goals left, right and centre! Kind of enjoying the challenge though.:D

After a promising start to the season i barely edged out relegation in final two games. My main problem was in the back line, and that is something i need to address for the next season. Started the season in the top 5 for around 8 games and then everything fell apart and i ended up going 12 games without a win which completely crushed my teams morale completely. Then i started to get the odd win which was enough to secure my place in the premier division.

Transfers

Table

Best Player Gareth Williams, managed to get this really great play maker who contributed a lot early on but faded away near the end.

Top Goalscorer da Silva, great little player managed to bag 9 goals in all competitions even though he was out a lot because of injuries.

Team Overall poor to decent team

Season Summary

Goals for next season: Finish above mid-table. Strengthen the back line and sign a quality right midfielder, possibly a new striker as well.

How do you guys put that code where you can enter where you finish in all competitions?

Sportist (General Toshevo) 2014/15 Season Update - Bulgarian "B" Group - Marky Mark!

2014/15 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 6th, Bulgarian Cup Winners!

30 Pld, 12 Won, 10 Drn, 8 Lst, 61 For, 55 Ag, +6 GD, 46 Pts

2015 Transfers

After all of the transfers made last season, I only brought in 6 players this season, all on free transfers (3 from Bulgaria, 3 from African clubs), and also let go of 16 players who were no longer needed, including the sale of a backup goalkeeper for $70k, the first time I made money on a player.

Whilst most of the new signings had a good debut season, one in particular stood out, and took out the Fan's Player of the Season - Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo: The 30 year old Brazilian striker, who due to spending 5 years in Bulgaria also had Bulgarian nationality, had a great debut season, top scoring for Sportist GT with 16 goals in 25 games at 7.20, as well as 8 assists and 4 MoM - whilst he is one of several who is now over 30 (it seems the only decent players that will sign for me are 28+), I'm sure he can keep up his form next season!

2015 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups

The season started off much better than previous seasons, and after 7 games I was sitting pretty in 2nd place, not far off top spot. However, then, as has happened in previous seasons, Sportist GT had one of their now usual mid season slumps, and half way through the season they had sunk back down to 10th, and I thought I was in for another relegation battle. However, the team managed to string a few wins together after the Christmas break, and got back as high as 5th, almost touching that elusive 4th place (which granted European football), however in an incredible close finish to the season, where teams 4 to 7 all ended on 46 points, Sportist GT ended in 6th place - not quite top 4, but a much better effort than last season's 13th.

2015 League Table and Graph

The Bulgarian Cup meanwhile went amazingly well. After starting with a tight 1-0 win against non-league opposition in the 2nd round, I had two extra time wins, 1-0 and 3-2, both against "B" Group opposition, which saw me into the Semi-Final against "A" Group side Sliven 2000, who were 2nd last. It was another tight match, and another 1-0 win to see Sportist GT into the final, against defending Cup and League champions Litex.

Whilst Sportist were big underdogs in the final, they dominated from the start, and goals in the 30th and 47th minute had them looking comfortable. When Sportist striker Eduardo was brought down in the box and converted the penalty to give them a 3-0 lead in the 68th minute, as well as having a Litex player sent off, I thought it was all over... however Litex then went on to score in the 75th and 80th minute to lead to a nervous last 10 minutes, but Sportist GT managed to hold on to a well deserved 3-2 win to lift the cup, and more importantly earn a spot in the Europa League next season!

Bulgarian Cup Final: Sportist (General Toshevo) 3 - Litex (Lovech) 2

League Reputation: 37th (-10) - between Israeli State Cup and Swiss Super League

National Coefficient: 21st (-2) - between Belgium and Switzerland

Finances / Facilities

After taking out a $1.9m loan to help prop up the finances and also fund a stadium, I quickly went to work putting the bank balance back into the red, and managed to do so, generating a -$500k loss for the season, and bringing the bank balance down to -$337k... I am really looking forward to the Europa League money next season!

I also talked the board into improving the Youth Recruitment Network (currently Limited), but that was canceled after the planning stage due to a lack of funds :(

2015 Finances

New Club Records

Highest League Position: 6th in "A" Group

Highest Attendance: 2,489 v CSKA (Sofia) "A" Group 26/9/2014

Highest Gate Receipts: $100,000 v CSKA (Sofia) "A" Group 26/9/2014

Average Attendance: 1,537

Most Games Without Losing: 12 - 7/3/2015 to 20/5/2015

Most Assists: Mduduzi Zulu - 18

Highest Average Rating: Luis Eduardo - 7.20 (25 apps)

Highest Transfer Fee Received: $70,000 (Dimitar Pantev to Botev (Plovdiv) - 7/7/2014)

Total Transfer Income: $60,000

Fastest Goal: Suleiman Okpara - 20 seconds (v Pirin (Blagoevgrad) in the Bulgarian "A" Group 15/11/2014)

It took 8 competitive fixtures for Dravograd fans to see a match which didn't end in a 1-0 scoreline one way or the other. And it was a 2-0 defeat. :D

I'd forgotten how much I hated the first season of this challenge :mad:

Anyway, winter break is here, we're out of the bottom 2 on goal difference, and there are some strikers coming in the window. We have a chance of finishing 8th and meeting our target for the season.

Marky Mark! Looks like you are making progress, can't help but notice how you refer to the team as Dunloy ;)

Hahaha... force of habbit - thanks for pointing it out!

I am making progress, but I just don't know where to look to find better players (as opposed to the Northern Irish leagues, where the answer was England), but the team is slowly getting better...

It took 8 competitive fixtures for Dravograd fans to see a match which didn't end in a 1-0 scoreline one way or the other. And it was a 2-0 defeat. :D

I'd forgotten how much I hated the first season of this challenge :mad:

Anyway, winter break is here, we're out of the bottom 2 on goal difference, and there are some strikers coming in the window. We have a chance of finishing 8th and meeting our target for the season.

First season always sucks, I can't really get going on my save until i've played the last league game of the first season.

It's funny your exploits in Slovenia sound the same as what I've been through in Norway, repeated efforts to complete this challenge with each version of FM. I will hopefully complete it one day...:o

Hahaha... force of habbit - thanks for pointing it out!

I am making progress, but I just don't know where to look to find better players (as opposed to the Northern Irish leagues, where the answer was England), but the team is slowly getting better...

its probably similar to Hungary, Trialling in Africans and scouting Eastern Europe. Scandinavia when your rep gets high enough. When you can scout the world go to South America, I can field a whole team of them :D, Unfortunately only 5 can get in the squad for matches :(

Barry Town 2012/13

I went into the season looking to secure a safe mid-table position and to everyone’s surprise ended up in fighting for the championship up until the very last games. Much of that due to a great back line that I managed to assemble during the off season. Bringing in players like Webster, who’s an absolute beast in the air and Lynch who provides great support for Webster at the back.

The season started slow with a record of four wins and three losses and continued at that pace up until December when I won seven games in arrow from December 15th to January 30th. This impressive run saw me top of the table with around 10 games to go and a six point lead. At this point I was feeling pretty confided in pulling an upset and winning the league. My players where in really good form and everything was going great until my form dipped a little and saw me loose three games in a row and drop my lead. After that I managed to scrape some victories to end up in third place and secure a playoff spot to see who qualifies for the Euro Cup.

The playoffs where relatively easy with me winning both games comfortably and giving Barry Town European Football once again!

Goals for next season: Win the League, improve my game at cup level and participate in the European Champions Cup.

Table

Squad

Key Players

Top Scorer: Rob Turner (29 apps. – 13 goals) Average Rating: 7.39

Best Player: Martin Webster (32 apps. – 8 goals) Average Rating: 7.30

[font=&quot]Season      League                Pos.    WelshCup     LeagueCup       Europe    Achievements[/font]
 [font=&quot]2011/12    Welsh Premier   11th     3rd Round    Quarter Final    N/A        Avoided Relegation[/font]
 [font=&quot]2012/13    Welsh Premier   3rd       3rd Round    First Round      N/A        [/font][font=&quot]Spot for Euro Cup 1st round[/font]

its probably similar to Hungary, Trialling in Africans and scouting Eastern Europe. Scandinavia when your rep gets high enough. When you can scout the world go to South America, I can field a whole team of them :D, Unfortunately only 5 can get in the squad for matches :(

How many years do players take to get hungarian nationality? In Croatia all they need to do is learn the croatian language and stay there for 2 years + a few months of paperwork, then they stop counting as foreigners... Even then I still have the same problem as you, can't field all the players I want at once, in the domestic competitions!

How many years do players take to get hungarian nationality? In Croatia all they need to do is learn the croatian language and stay there for 2 years + a few months of paperwork, then they stop counting as foreigners... Even then I still have the same problem as you, can't field all the players I want at once, in the domestic competitions!

5 long years, most of my players don't stay at the club that long

4689.gif?v=1

NK Dravograd - Slovenian Second Division - 2011/12

2011/12 - Slovenian Second Division - 7th

P27 W9 D5 L13, F22 A26 GD -4 Pts 32

Was a wretchedly dull start to the season. It took 8 competitive games until we saw a result that was not 1-0 in one direction or another. We reached the winter break (15 games in) in 8th on goal difference, and having scored 6 (SIX) goals in that time. Luckily our defence was proper stingy and we managed to sneak some wins, including a single victory in the cup over one of my old clubs Tolmin.

Discovered a couple of strikers playing as amateurs in Austria over the winter, got them in for 50 quid each, paid them huge money by our standards, and they made a huge difference, Rebol finishing as top scorer for the season with 6 in 10, and allowing us to sneak ahead of Sencur into 7th, finishing 10 points clear of relegated Krsko and Kranj. We gathered 20 points from the last 12 games, a record which projected over the whole season would see us finish 3rd.

I think overall this ranks as the best first season I've had in Slovenia. Finished 7th, didn't finish below a single one of my previous teams in this challenge (Sencur 8th, Krsko 9th, Tolmin, Sampion and Krka all non-league).

Hopes for next season have to be to get a physio in (!!), get some decent players in on loan from the top flight, especially now we have Koper as a parent club, and crack on towards the top of the league.

Key Players

Top Scorer: MAtej Rebol (10 apps. – 6 goals) Average Rating: 7.02

Best Player: Gregor Ovcar (14(8) apps. – 4 goals) Average Rating: 7.04

[font=&quot]Season      Division       Pos.      Cup         Europe     Achievements[/font]

[font=&quot]2011/12    2nd             7th       2nd Round   N/A        Avoided Relegation[/font]

brodd.png

Gundo - IL Brodd Tippeligaen End of season report 2015

League

I was expecting a struggle this season which in truth never really materialized, we sat between the relegation places and mid table for much it. I was a little surprised we managed to finish in
, winning our last two games (one of them our best result of the season away to SK Brann) really helped us move us up, while all the clubs around us lost there remaining couple of games. We might have finished higher and maybe even won the Cupen if we hadn't have been besieged with injuries to key players for much of the campaign.

Cupen

We managed to get to the semi final stage of the Norwegian Cup, only to have a place in the final at Ullevaal Stadion in Oslo cruelly

The Players

was key at the back, he even managed a few goals. He's been with us since season one.

was our best performing player when after twelve games he picked up a serious virus ruling him out for 8 months!

Wing Forward
was my player of the season, top scorer with 7 and averaged just over 7 for the season. Picked him up on a free at the start of the season.

Other news included our stadium capacity being increased being 2,400 seats to 5,400, we ground shared with neighbors Viking FK while the work was carried out.

Tippeligaen
44th
up to
34th
in the Rankings.

Next season at the Midjord Stadion -
Improve on 10th place and try to win the Cupen.

[b]Season   Pos.  League              Cup               C.League      Euro Cup     Achievements[/b]
2011     5th   2.divisjon Avd.3    Cupen 2nd Rnd     N/A           N/A          None
2012     1st   2.divisjon Avd.3    Cupen 2nd Rnd     N/A           N/A          Promotion!
2013     3rd   Adeccoligaen        Cupen 3rd Rnd     N/A           N/A          None
2014     1st   Adeccoligaen        Cupen 1st Rnd     N/A           N/A          Promotion!
2015     10th  Tippeligaen         Cupen Semi Final  N/A           N/A          None

Stålkameratene[END OF SEASON REPORT 2011

My first ever season in Noway, and I decided to pick the manage the smallest, average team I could find, and make them world beaters... enter Stålkameratene with an Semi reputation, a stadium of 350 people sitting and standing 1000 and with the Training Facilities fairly basic, and the youth Facilities adequate and the youth recruitment program basic i thought try and improve this area.. this certainly would be a challenge!

anyway we had a good season in my opinion finished in 4th Place when my media prediction was 12

League Table

League Ghraph

So this was my Best Eleven

Star Player and top Goal Scorer

well there's two here they are

Arnulf Imingen

Eivind Aasen

Aims for next season

improve first team and youth team and the clubs finish

Budafok Hungarian Division 1 2024/25

Table

Positions

The league was a lot tougher than it looked as i didn't play very well in many games but managed to just sneak a win. Debrecen still seem incapable of mounting a proper challenge when they have a higher rep as they keep beating me to the signing of some players.

I was able to retain both the league and hungarian cups reasonably easily.

In europe i got into the group stages with no problems at all and for the first time had what i considered an easier group.

Although i lost to Barcelona i won the other 4 games to finish 2nd. In the knockout stage i faced last years winner A Madrid. I drew 1-1 thanks to facing 10 men for 86 mins before losing 3-0 in the 2nd leg.

Squad

Transfers

Ferreira was injured for 10 months and Arkipov also missed several chunks of the season along with Muriqui. This meant that Ali had to step up which he did well although Arkipov still ended as top scorer. In midfield i signed Gilson for only 750K who was a Central defender and changed him from accomplished to natural in central midfield and he did very well as the defensive minded CM, i sold Rexhapi who had been playing in this role. I also signed Claudio 2 years ago and he finally arrived but he was mostly a backup due to Sorensen's good form.

My other main purchase was Zouita who was very cheap and is rated my best player.

Kaminski (317 apps 3 goals) was let go as he was no longer good enough for the squad.

4th QRd   Euro cup
2021/22        First Division         1st                Winners                semi-final         4th QRd   CL                  League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup                                                                                                
2022/23        First Division         1st                Winners                Quarter-final      CL Group stages               League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  1st KO Rd   Euro cup
2023/24        First Division         1st                Winners                Winners            CL Group stages               Domestic treble                                                                

2024/25        First Division         1st                Winners                Winners            CL 1st KO Rd                  Domestic treble   

League Ranking (standard) - Club coefficient/League Coefficient

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

23/24 - 37 (2.5*) -70/19

24/25 - 30 (2.5*) -52/17

25/26 - 21 (3*) -39/14

Budafoks efforts in europe have meant an extra CL spot for the season after next and the league is now 3*

The other hungarian teams have barely won a game in years in europe.

End of Season Report 2011-2012Stålkameratene

to summer rise this season was a bit of disaster we ended up finishing in 9Th position made few decent transfers well I hoped inn anyway here is my report

Transfers

League Table

League Graph

top three players

1: Male Berisha Top Scorer

2:Martin Bjrnbakk

3:mats Henriksen

End of Season Squad

Best XI

aims try and do some more improvement to squad and finish higher than last season :@)

Sportist (General Toshevo) 2015/16 Season Update - Bulgarian "B" Group - Marky Mark!

2014/15 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 6th, Bulgarian Cup Winners!

2015/16 - Bulgarian "A" Group - 4th, Bulgarian Cup Runner Up, Bulgarian Super Cup Winner!, Europa League 4th Qual Round

30 Pld, 13 Won, 12 Drn, 5 Lst, 52 For, 41 Ag, +11 GD, 51 Pts

After qualifying for the Europa League last season, I decided to bolster the team with some foreign talent, and managed to sign 16 players on free transfers (mostly foreigners), as well as release 10 players for a record $725k.

2016 Transfers

Of all the new signings, it was 22 year old Ivorian defender Adama Kouakou who was the standout:

Adama Kouakou - This youngster immediately earned a spot in the first XI and one of the 5 foreign spots, with good physical and mental attributes (although terrible technical attributes), and managed 28 games at 7.07.

The Fans Player of the Season was another foreigner (who are slowly taking over the senior squad), in 23 year old South African midfielder Mduduzi Zulu:

Mduduzi Zulu - After an impressive debut last season, he's lifted his game even more, and managed 5 goals, 16 assists and 4 MoM at 7.21 from 32 games in central midfield. At 23 years he has impressive attributes, and despite having several clubs interested in him, he'll be a Sportist player for another 3 years at least!

2016 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups

After winning the Bulgarian Cup last season, the league started with the Super Cup against league champions CSKA (Sofia), it despite it being an even game, with CSKA having more of the ball despite going down to 10 players, the result was very one sided, with Sportist GT running away with a 6-0 win to add the 2nd trophy to their cabinet.

2016 Super Cup

The league itself was less impressive, after a very slow start, I moved up to 5th in the 2nd half of the season, but was desperately trying to get to 4th to ensure more European football next season. In a very close league, I managed to climb up to 4th with one game to go, and then despite a draw in the last game of the season, the 5th placed team lost, which saw me hold on to 4th place and ensure another place in the Europa League next season!

2016 League Table and Graph

In the Bulgarian Cup, Sportist GT made the final for the 2nd season in a row, but lost 0-3 to 3rd placed Chernomorets (Burgas) in a one sided match.

League Reputation: 41st (+4) - between Ukrainian Cup and Swiss Super League

National Coefficient: 21st (-) - between Israel and Norway

Europe - Europa League

Europa League 3rd Qual. Round v AC Oulu (Finland): 1-1 (H), 1-1 (A), 3-2p

Europa League 4th Qual. Round v Trabzonspor (Turkey): 0-1 (H), 0-2 (A)

My first attempt at European competition was a short one. I was luck to get through the 3rd qual round against an unknown Finnish side on penalties, but then lost convincingly against Trabzonspor in the 4th qual round, not managing a shot on target in either leg - which really shows that I do have a long way to go before I can think of being competitive in the Champions League

Finances / Facilities

This season, for the first time ever, Sportist GT managed to turn a profit, making $820k due to player sales and Europa League prize money, bringing the total bank balance to $433k (although I still had loans of $1.9m).

2016 Finances

Facilities wise, and the board agreed to improve both the Youth Recruitment Network and Youth Facilities, which hopefully will pay dividends in years to come!

Training Facilities: Fairly Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

New Club Records

Highest League Position: 4th in "A" Group

Highest Attendance: 3,373 v Trabzonspor EURO Cup 4th Qual. Rnd 20/8/2015

Highest Gate Receipts: $45,000 v Trabzonspor EURO Cup 4th Qual. Rnd 20/8/2015

Average Attendance: 1,762

Highest Average Rating: Mduduzi Zulu - 7.21 (32 apps)

Most League Apps for Club: Emanuil Ketenliev - 79

Most League Goals for Club: Petar Kolev - 25

Highest Transfer Fee Received: $475,000 (David Karamoko to Dunav - 15/1/2016)

Total Transfer Spending: $22,000

Total Transfer Income: $700,000

Youngest Goalscorer: Jorge Avila - 18 years 252 days (v Lokomotiv (Sofia) (A) "A" Group 25/3/2016)

So, my first season in Europe was a complete failure, but I did manage to qualify again (just), so let's see if I can bolster the side a bit more and make a bit more progress next season!

Archived