Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decided to have a go at this challenge. (never done one before)

I have took the reigns of Alviks in th The Swedish 2nd Division North.

Club Overview

Erm, have you simulated the first season? Because you start in 2010. As far as I know that's the earliest possible start, which it shouldn't be

Erm, have you simulated the first season? Because you start in 2010. As far as I know that's the earliest possible start, which it shouldn't be

He must've you can start the Swedish leagues in January 2010 so the 1st season is over by December 2010 when he took charge

This is starrting to **** me off. I can only have 4 players on the bench, so in the last two games, I have had injuries late in the game, forcing me to change formation, and thus conceeding with less than 7 minutes left

1. HFC Humenne 2011/2012(season 1) - Jimbowmanuk

Media Prediction : 11th (of 12)

Chairman's Goals :League - Attempt to avoid relegation

:FA Cup - Reach 2nd Round

Season Ticket sales : 362

Actual League finish : 9th

Actual Cup progress : Knocked out in 2nd Round

Final League Table

League Results

Cup Results

Player Stats

Club Finances

Well my 1st season in Slovakia was an up and down one, taking over a club that was already at professional status helped with signing of better players and once i found my feet the team started gelling and were finding great form hitting the back of the net regularly. However the defence was a bit suspect and conceded silly goals. Going into the winter break we were sitting 6th and looked to have a safe mid-table position that we could hold til the end of the season. Though this was not to be the case after the winter break the players seemed to look like a bunch of amatuers losing five on the bounce and only getting 2 points in nine games, the early wins in the season proved to be vital and sitting 1 point safe from relegation with 2 games to go we needed some luck, we won our final 2 games but this was more due to the lucky fortune of the opposition in both matches being reduced to 10 men early on so we were safe. Player wise the stand out player of the team was an Ivorian called Drogba, this one being named Severin and looking no where near the Striker of his Chelsea namesake, he did however weigh in with goals in important matches and he provided a fair few too.

Goals for next season are to improve the defence and head for a top half finish, with only the champions being promoted I've deceided that a push for the title might be a bit ambitious but not entirely impossible

Slovakian First Division Rating: 34th

Hey guys, thinking about giving this a go till FM12 comes out. Can somebody who has managed to get their league up the rankings please explain or show screen shots of the effects/increase on european qualification places from the league? Also, can someone give an insight through screenshots or explaining how the other teams in the league have progressed. e.g. if your team in getting into the latter stages of the Champions league and your many years into it, are your league rivals inproving much/signing big names ect?

Any help would be great on these things :)

Well the team went backwards this season and needing at least a draw to survive conceded with 5 mins left on the clock and the inevitable happened

Bowman Sacked

Decided Slovakia is not the league for me may give this another go in Denmark but undecided thus far

My experience is (though it might be obvious) that the fewer the leagues, the harder it gets. Slovakia and Serbia only has 2 levels, and thus very few good players are released. On the other hand, I am in Belgium now, and a lot of good players haven't got a club

My experience is (though it might be obvious) that the fewer the leagues, the harder it gets. Slovakia and Serbia only has 2 levels, and thus very few good players are released. On the other hand, I am in Belgium now, and a lot of good players haven't got a club

Yeah thats why I'm looking at Denmark as a possibility cause it has 3 tiers and the the 3rd one has east and west leagues plus it runs aug-may which i prefer. I did look at Belgium but the fact there is playoffs for pretty much every team in the league kind of put me off them.

Yeah thats why I'm looking at Denmark as a possibility cause it has 3 tiers and the the 3rd one has east and west leagues plus it runs aug-may which i prefer. I did look at Belgium but the fact there is playoffs for pretty much every team in the league kind of put me off them.

I am danish. Little advice: It is VERY hard to get promoted from division 2. The winners of the east and west division have to play a playoff game, so only one promotion spot from the two leagues combined

I am danish. Little advice: It is VERY hard to get promoted from division 2. The winners of the east and west division have to play a playoff game, so only one promotion spot from the two leagues combined

Will certainly be a challenge for me, I'm holidaying now but will probably not pick a team till the weekend.

After getting bored with all my other FM files I've decided to give this challenge a go. I've picked Northern Ireland as my nation, just waiting now to pick a team. I might not succeed but it will be interesting at least.

Hey guys, thinking about giving this a go till FM12 comes out. Can somebody who has managed to get their league up the rankings please explain or show screen shots of the effects/increase on european qualification places from the league? Also, can someone give an insight through screenshots or explaining how the other teams in the league have progressed. e.g. if your team in getting into the latter stages of the Champions league and your many years into it, are your league rivals inproving much/signing big names ect?

Any help would be great on these things :)

I believe there have been a few people who have had some good success with league rep so far in this thread. if you go back a few pages and read through some posts (I think it was Thebaker that was getting some decent movement in Hungary?) you should find some examples of what you're looking for

Ok here we go again I have taken charge of Fremad Amager who play in the Danish Second Division East

Manager Profile

Predicted to finish 5th in the League makes me feel I have taken control of a decent club, and looking at their history this team was big in the 30's and 40's so I can hopefully bring back the glory days

Competition History

Ok here we go again I have taken charge of Fremad Amager who play in the Danish Second Division East

Manager Profile

Predicted to finish 5th in the League makes me feel I have taken control of a decent club, and looking at their history this team was big in the 30's and 40's so I can hopefully bring back the glory days

Competition History

Good luck, and interesting choice

Fun fact: Amager is nicknamed "****(bad word meaning poo) island" :D

hey just done my first season David Clark this is my new club

OFK Mladenovac.

41780_151452878212569_8106_n.jpg

End of Season Report 2011-2012

decided to go to serbia and was quite shocked at how good this league is we had good season something to build up on.

League Table stayed up so that was plus point.

Past Positions

Squad - the squad was pretty good for this league now but it turned out that the board were not best pleased with me.

Key Player Profiles

Zeljko Grujicic - he had good season was the clubs top scorer.

Milos Adamovic - our first choice keeper, although he wasn't great.

Vladimir Kasic - the best player at the club.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   OFK Mladenovac       Serbia    Serbian First League           10th               None     

Next Season

hope to build from this seasons position and get better players in.

Season review - RC Mechelen(Belgium) 2011/2012

After a really bad start we picked up our game, and ended up winning the league! So next season we are in the EXQi League (2nd tier).

League table

Our topscorer and highest av. player was former Watford man Gauthier Diafutua

Goals:

-Strengthen squad over summer

-Avoid relegation next season

-Build for the future, as we have quite an old squad

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish           Cup          Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   RC Mechelen           Belgium    Third Division B              1st            4th round         Promoted     

EDIT: Apparently there is some sort of playoff, but I can't see the point. Anyway, I won the first match 4-0 away, so should get promoted no matter what

EDIT II: I think the playoff has no effect. It's just to decide the overall winner of the Third division, and is playede between the winners of the two groups.

EDIT II: I think the playoff has no effect. It's just to decide the overall winner of the Third division, and is playede between the winners of the two groups.

Yes, it's the same in Italy when you win the serie C2. All the winners play eachother to determine the 'big' winner of the tier.

2011/12 Season - Lower Maze FC

lowermaze.png

10th in the IFA Championship 2

P 30 W 11 D 4 L 15 GF 29 GA 39 GD -10

League

Survival was achieved with three games remaining, thanks mostly to a five game winning streak during February and March that took us from battling relegation to mid-table. Our best effort for the season was a 5-0 win over Moyola Park. League Table

Cup Competitions

The less said the better. We got knocked out of all four cup competitions we played in our first games.

Next Season

Attempt to finish in the top half of the table and start to push towards promotion.

Season     Division           Pos.      Domestic Cup     League Cup
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Championship 2     10th      2nd Round        2nd Round

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I'm not a very frequent poster on these forums but I've been a silent observer for years. I had given this challenge a go in FM 10 as well but didn't have the patience to see it all the way through. Now having had my fair share of success with the bigger teams in Europe, I felt quite bored and wanted to give this challenge another try (even though it's quite late and most of you have completed many in-game seasons). So, I loaded up the database and after taking a nice long holiday I'm taking up the cudgels at Sweden's Rasunda IS.

rsundaisjpg.jpg

Club Name: Rasunda IS

League: Swedish Second Division South Svealand

Founded: 1912

Finances: Okay

Legends/Icons/Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: None

Estimated Value: 30k Euros

Chairman: Goran Wihlgaard (Loves the club)

Media Prediction (2011): 11th

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Transfer Budget: 0 Euros

Wage Budget: 5k Euros (Currently spending 1,234 Euros)

Captain: Pontus Sten

Best Player: Hristos Kitsos

Strongest Area in Squad: Striker

Weakest Area in Squad: Goalkeeper

I'm off now to meet my staff and chalk out plans for the new season. Will be back with an end of season update soon. Cheers!

Fremad Amager 2011/2012 (Season 1)

League: 1st in the Danish 2nd Division East. The goal of the start of the season was to reach a safe mid table position in the league, however the result was way beyond our expectations, especially with what seemed like a complete overhaul of our squad during the transfer window after a torrid pre season. We went on a 15 game unbeaten run, however a scare came just before the Winter break, as we were thrashed 4-0 to suffer our first defeat of the season. A spate of injuries to our strikers during the winter break and the closure of the loan window forced free transfers to be brought in and we anticipated a very difficult second half of the season. This was not the case however, as we then remained unbeaten until the title was secured with three games to go, aided by the home advantage given by the very poor condition of our pitch. We only won one of the last three, losing the other two howver we admittedly didn't put too much focus into these games so the fact that we won one came as a surprise. Then to complete our promotion to the First Division we needed to win our playoff game against the winners of the 2nd Division West, Naestved. The first leg took place at home at the Sundby Idraetspark were we were held to a 0-0 draw. The second leg brought relief to us however, as a goal early in the second half secured us the required victory with delight amongst all the away fans at the Naestved Stadium.

Cup: The Danish Cup was a complete write off this season and something we would really like to forget about as we were easily seen off 3-0 to non-league Brande in the first round.

Player Of The Year/ Top Scorer: Mohammad Abdalas was mainly seen as an attacking central midfielder, however the signing of Christian Norgaard was thought to have been the end of his time as a first team player, however he was given a chance on the right wing due to a lack of options and made the position his own, showing great skill at beating the full backs and getting those essential crosses in, aswell as chipping in with the goals by finishing as our top scorer with 8 goals.

Transfers: There were no outgoings, however the shocking pre season saw a flurry of new signings as the defence in particular were shown up as being nowhere near good enough to compete at this level. A new keeper also had to be signed who was able to comfortably be our first choice. It was most certainly a "build from the back" approach where i then focussed my attentions onto the midfield and attack which clearly turned out to be a winning formula, however I do feel that the front line does still need improving as we have a lot of deadwood in this position.

Goals for Next Season: Not getting ahead of ourselves, the main aim for this season is to still be in the First Division next season. Our squad is decent and with just a few additions we should be able to comfortably be safe, however I don't think there is enough to get ourselves another promotion so this is purely consolidation.

RASUNDA IS 2011 (1st Season)

League: We started off well, picking up a 1-0 away win at fellow relegation favourites, Rotebro. There was a sense of confidence amongst the lads after starting the season off with a victory but all that was shattered as we followed up with back to back defeats at home to Grondal and away to Sollentuna. I gave them some stick and they seemed to react well as we went undefeated for 5 games, albeit only picking up one win and scraping 4 draws out of the 5. The rest of the season continued in the same pattern as we would play rubbish and go on a losing streak only to recover with a series of draws in the following games. At one point it looked like we could even finish in the top 5 if we could just maintain our form but what hurt us in the end was the number of games we ended up drawing even after taking an early lead.

Final Position: 8th (5W-10D-7L, 19GS 27GC)

Cup: We did not participate in any cup competitions this season.

Transfers: We managed to sign no less than 24 players this season, most of them on frees, while 23 players were released from their duty with the club. Our marquee signing was Liberian defensive midfielder, Barsee Giah who was also named Rasunda's vice-captain for the season but unfortunately for us, he would only manage 8 games before breaking his right foot and being ruled out for the remainder of the campaign.

Top Goalscorer: Our top goalscorer was Jonatan Levi, signed for 2.5k euros, scoring 6 goals in 15 starts for Rasunda.

My Player of the Season: My top performer this season was right full-back, Rasim Mehmedi who was signed on a free but was solid throughout, earning an average rating of 6.86 over 20 appearances.

I took control of Fremad Amager in the 2nd Division East, first season started out well but I let slip a 7 point lead and finished 4th in the end, and reaching the 3rd round of the cup where I went out to Superliga side Viborg.

In my second season in charge, I was determined to push on and gain promotion to the second division, and started off the season well, winning the majority of my opening games, including a healthy cup run where I knocked out Superliga side AC Horsens, despite being 10 men for the majority of the second half. I hit a dip in form towards the end of the season which almost cost me promotion, and I had to win my last game against much-fancied Stenlose away from home, which I did late on to take promotion from their grasp and become champions of the 2nd Division East.

My top scorer in the 2012/13 season was my striker Jens D. Kristiansen who notched up sixteen goals, but the real star of my team was my attacking midfielder Mohammed Abdalas who got my highest average rating of 7.52 in 29 games, whilst scoring 12 goals and setting up 14.

Over the two seasons I have signed no less than 29 players, yet only spending £1K in transfer fees. However, more players have left with me ruthlessly letting 41 players go on free transfers in the same period, however there was much less transfer activity in the second season than the first, as I started to settle with my squad and focus on improving.

I have tried my best to keep wages and finances secure and hoping next season we can push on in the Danish Second Division with a sizeable budget, although it may not be necessary after several key free transfers made near the end of the season. I will update how the season went when I finish the 2013/14 season, but it seems like it will be interesting to see how my first season in the Danish Division One pans out.

Iraklis Psachnon 2012/2013 (season 2)

League: 2nd in the Greek National B Divison. The goal at the start of the season was to avoid relegation as for the second season in a row, we was predicted bottom, but we certainly achieved the goal. We went on a 14 game unbeaten run and during that run we won 7 games in a row, and we had a good end to the winter break, as we defeated Veroia 2-1. We didn't need to improve much in the squad during the January transfer window but had to bring in cover for positions and we ended up bringing in 5 players, 2 on loan, one player bought permanently for a low figure, and 2 promising youngsters on a free. We then secured promotion with 1 game to go after defeating Veroia 2-1. We won our remaining game by defeating Ionikos 3-0 at home. The board and of course the fans were delighted to see the team win promotion to the top flight of Greek football.

Cup: For the 2nd season in a row, we were knocked out of the cup in the 2nd round by lower league opposition as this match was one to forget for the Psachnon fans as we were beaten 2-0 away to Panachaiki.

Player Of The Year/Top Scorer: Zarko Lazetic was in his 1st full season as a Iraklis Psachnon player and his 20 league goals helped the club secured promotion.

Transfers: 4 players left the club at the end of the 2011/12 season due to their contracts expiring, though I would have liked Stavros Tsoulakos to remain with the club but his wage demands were too high. I also sold Ishmael Al Bashi and Tasos Tsokanis. Tsokanis was sold because he was not apart of my first-team plans and I sold Ishmael because I thought it was a good deal for the club. I signed only midfielders and defenders in the summer as that is where I needed to strengthen as I felt my strikers and GK were good enough as it was.

Goals for next season: Obviously after securing promotion in the season where was predicted to finish bottom, our goal is to remain in the Greek Superleague and I will do my hardest to help the club avoid relegation.

League: 10th in the Danish First Division. A surprising lack of funding really hampered our progress this season and made the job of survival much harder than I expected. We did survive like I predicted but it certainly wasn't comfortable, taking 6 game just to claim our first point and despite winning the next game and going on an unbeaten run in the second half of the season, it was still a hard slog with survival only being confirmed after the very last game had taken place. Once again it was a season saved only by the panic signings made in the January transfer window, however it was one gem that we uncovered in the form of Ken Fagerberg, who saved our season and I can only say that it was luck that he was available on a free.

Cup: Knocked out in the first round again, losing 3-0 to Middelfart who were in the Second Division West.

Top Scorer/Player Of The Season: Ken Fagerberg. The Swede signed on a free in January and ended up being our top scorer with a fantastic 14 goals in 22 appearences which is the main factor that allowed us to survive, which combined with Mathias Kjelde who was given a chance at CB in the 2nd half of the season allowed us to perform much better than before the winter break and I really do hope that these two keep it up.

Transfers: Shifting out the deadwood and bringing in new players, however they all had to unfortunatley be signed on frees as my measly transfer budget was not capable of buying even fringe players from the First Division or Super Liga so my only option was to tap the free transfer market.

Goals For Next Season: Unless I happen to come across a major transfer budget, the goal will once again be avoiding relegation.

Iraklis Psachnon 2013/14 (Season 3)

League: 10th in the Greek Superleague. For the second season in a row, we defied the odds and finished way up ahead than we were expected. I expected a really tough season considering for the past 3 years we was predicted dead last in the Greek National B Division and the Greek Superleague. We didn't get off to the best of starts to life in the top flight, as reality came crashing down with a bang by losing our first game of the season 2-0 to Ergotelis. But in our next game we won in our first home game of the season, 4-0 to fellow promoted team Panaitolikos. Midway through the season we went on a 6-game unbeaten run. Unfortunately, we also suffered our worst defeat since I took over as manager by losing 6-0 to eventual champions Panathinaikos. But we managed to stay up in the league and make a good impression of ourselves.

Cup: We went through to the quarter-final of the cup this season, eventually getting knocked out by AEK 3-2 in the replay.

Player of the season: Giannis Kolotouros. Our record signing impressed in his 3rd season with us and his first in the Greek Superleague. He chipped in by scoring 4 goals and winning the MOTM award twice this season.

Transfers: Releasing 3 players at the end of last season and selling others that would not be included in my first-team plans and I brought in a total of 9 players (8 on frees and 1 on loan), (last 3 were for the future). I felt that most of my players that got us up from the Greek National B Divison was good enough to try and help us stay in the Greek Superleague by only bringing in 4 players (RB, AMC, ST, GK). I brought back Giannis Loukinas on loan after impressing at the end of last season for us. I only brought in 2 players for the first-team in January, both being strikers as we were struggling to score goals at that point in time.

Goals for Next season: To stay in the division again. But try and see if we can be mid-table next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Iraklis Psachnon 2014/15 (season 4)

League: 13th in the Greek Superleague. This season was certainly a different season to last as we struggled more and had to rely on a last day win against Olympiakos. We went on our worst run during my tenure this season, as we went 12 league games without a win, which finally ended against Atromitos. But after that win we ended up going 5 league games without defeat, which ended against PAOK.

Cup: For the second season in a row, we reached the quarter-final of the cup, getting knocked out by Veroia in the replay.

Player of the season: Thomas Tsitas. Our summer signing ended the season as our top scorer with 9 goals, 5 assists and 2 MOTM this season.

Transfers: Releasing 3 players at the end of last season and selling some of the players that I thought was a good deal for the club and selling others that wouldn't be part of my first-team plans. I brought in a total of 15 players (10 on frees, 1 on loan and 4 for a fee), (3 for the future) as I felt we needed fresh faces to push us forward in the league. Missing creativity in midfield, I decided to bring in an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder to help the back four in January, the other two were for the future.

Goals for next season: To stay in the division after nearly suffering the second-season syndrome.

• 2 weeks later...

Iraklis Psachnon 2015/16 (season 5)

League: 7th in the Greek Superleague. This season was certainly the best season that Iraklis have ever had in the Superleague as we finished in our highest ever position of 7th in the league, missing out on the European play-offs by 4 points. The biggest highlight of the season for me personally was defeating AEK 3-1.

Cup: Unfortunatly we missed out on reaching the quarter-final of the cup for the 3rd season in a row after losing 2-1 to fellow Superleague side Panthrakikos, in the fifth round.

Player of the season: Thomas Tsitas. For the second season in a row, Tsitas is our player of the season and had a better season than his last, finishing with 11 goals, 2 assists and 5 MOTM awards.

Transfers: Releasing 9 players at the end of last season and selling some of the fringe players, I brought in a total of 5 players in the summer (1 on loan, 4 on frees) (2 for back-up and 1 for the future), I learned after last season with the amount of players I brought in the summer, it didnt really improve my squad, so I brought in 10 less players than the previous season. In January, I brought in a striker on loan that I mainly used for the U20's as he was brought in on a "youth loan", and he even started 2 matches and came off the bench for the first-team. I brought in a left-back as a replacement for the previous left-back that left us for a record selling fee of £700k to Olympiakos. I finally brought in a defensive midfielder for the future.

Goals for next season: As we have reached my target of staying in the division for 3 years now, I think it's time that we move our target from trying to survive relegation, to trying to achieve a mid-table spot.

Just wondering if someone could help me, i wanna manage Kiruna in Sweden, but i've saved the game at the end of November (as stated in the OP) and repeatedly loaded the game/continued to 1st December to get a new influx of teams. I've done this maybe 30/40 times now, and it's the same 2 teams every single time

What am i doing wrong?

Archived