FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first game of the premiership, liverpool 2 west ham 1

half time its 0-0, just after the break shelvey makes a backpass to reina that doesnt make it, carlton cole easily scores. 1-0 west ham. 72 minutes comes, shelvey off, sahin on, babacar off lukaku on.

82 minutes, dzeko is set free down the right after a brilliant through ball from defence, he makes it to the byline puts the cross in lukaku taps it past the keeper 1-1.

85 minutes, dzeko again with the assist and the same kid puts it into the net 2-1 liverpool and game over.

lukaku came on in 72nd minute, got an 8.5 rating 2 goals and man of the match.

Extremely good opening game of the season.

Everton @ Anfield

We run them ragged! Won the match 2-0 both goals from Captain Fantastic!

About 30mins into the match we had 89% possession. It didn't really change much, should of been a lot more goals than there were.

Also 2 players got sent off for Everton, both for tackles on Poulsen :D

Lukaku and Muniain will be lethal in the game as a strike partnership. Really want to go for Dezko but think i will have Nando and then 3-4 young strikers Lukaku, Muniain, Borja/bobacar/Wickham to make up the numbers

This is all great stuff. Interestingly I kept hold of babel due to an injury crisis and despite his poor stats he is doing really well for me on the left wing as a inside forward duty. So far has 20 apps and 12 goals with ave rating of 7.9. I know its still early days, but I may just see how he pans out for me.

G

my kit icons on the tactics screen are not showing up, its making things slightly difficult, anyone else had it or know how to fix it?

I had it on the demo & it was really annoying.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231354-Formation-Tactics-graphics-and-logos

Try that post above mine in there, and that worked for my game mate.

I sold Suso. £2.5m plus 50% of his next transfer fee. He doesn't look all that special. I'll post my transfers up soon, I'm sure I'll have a lot of people thinking wtf? :D

: /

It's your job to make him special! Isn't that one of the fun parts about this game?

Hello,

I'm new to the FM series and downloaded the demo so I could play as 'pool and have found myself hopelessly addicted. I think i have pressed the continue button more than I have pressed my gas pedal in the past week! As one of the few Yanks here, I hope I can at least lend some options for my relatively new experience with the game. :)

After dealing with no budget in the demo, I loaded up a fresh game last night. As a baseball junkie and a ****h of advance sabermetrics and moneyball management, I agree with John Henry: Liverpool needs to spend its transfer funds on talented youth in order to compete and take advantage of the current economic climate. Most of my scouting is done with Laurent Viaud and Macia and I only really look for players under 22 with 3 1/2 star and up potential. So with the fresh millions from NESV

In:

Iker Munian

Yaya Sanogo

Federico Carraro

Jose Angel

Dodo

Ignacio Camacho

and that took up most of my transfer budget.

and a few more that i can't remember while I'm at work. In the demo, watching Kochesky and Aurelio get burned on the left side was just brutal. They will probably go until i can find a good homegrown left back to back up Jose Angel. Nobody has been sold, yet. In an effort to get a few more homegrown players into the side, Babel, Aurelio, Maxi and Kuytwill leave before the transfer window ends, with Jovanovic and Poulsen hopefully leaving at the January window.

I'll post the results later today but I won every preseason game mostly using reserves and just had a 2-0 opening day victory over Citteh.

I've bought in Domenico Criscito, Ibrahim Afellay, Jacob Lensky, Jerry Vandam. Out went Itandje, sold him for around 250k to Monaco, greedy sod still wanted 2.3k a week from me for 2 years. Nonetheless I obliged. Anything to get rid of him. I've also sent out Dani Pacheco, Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Kelly on six month loans to Championship sides.

: /

It's your job to make him special! Isn't that one of the fun parts about this game?

I agree, but I think more about the finances. £2.5m for a player that will need a lot of development, and might not even reach his potential is a good deal, especially since I get 50% of his next fee.

Has anyone else bought the game direct from steam?

It might be my computer but it was alright on the demo anyway it like freezes for a sec or two when am watching the match every now and then plus its taking a while sometimes for it to load after i press submit team its really annoying

Thanks

Alright lads just lkoading my save up :)

Stevie G i have put a link for your training in the 1st post take a look

mgoblue2290 How did you post your youtube goal like that?

Do you mean how did I embed in this forum, or how do you upload goals in general?

If you're talking about embedding on this forum you just click on the little highlight reel icon when you go to post and paste the link in there. Similar to posting images.

If you're talking about uploading goals, you have enter your youtube account in the options or info screen for your manager. Then after matches its a little tab on the top next to Stats. Same group of things as Info, Analysis, etc. I'm in a bit of a hurry right now so if that isn't clear enough I'll explain it more thoroughly tonight, or probably early morning for you lol.

It might be my computer but it was alright on the demo anyway it like freezes for a sec or two when am watching the match every now and then plus its taking a while sometimes for it to load after i press submit team its really annoying

Thanks

I bought it on Steam but I hhave no problem with it so far mate

Thanks

Am updating my graphics drivers to see if it makes a difference if not will start a new save on medium database instead of large and see if that is it

Do you mean how did I embed in this forum, or how do you upload goals in general?

If you're talking about embedding on this forum you just click on the little highlight reel icon when you go to post and paste the link in there. Similar to posting images.

If you're talking about uploading goals, you have enter your youtube account in the options or info screen for your manager. Then after matches its a little tab on the top next to Stats. Same group of things as Info, Analysis, etc. I'm in a bit of a hurry right now so if that isn't clear enough I'll explain it more thoroughly tonight, or probably early morning for you lol.

It was how you put the goal up like that instead of a link thanks

Gonna have to start a new game on a smaller database and see if the match engine runs any smoother its really ****ing me off i hope its not because i got it off steam also when you press submit team how long doers it take for it to get to where you can pick your team talk etc on your computer? thanks

Gonna have to start a new game on a smaller database and see if the match engine runs any smoother its really ****ing me off i hope its not because i got it off steam also when you press submit team how long doers it take for it to get to where you can pick your team talk etc on your computer? thanks

Its instant on mine..must be your tactics ;)

haha ive been playing for about 3-4 hours now and still havent got to my first friendly.

just sorted out my staff and training schedules. also sifted through the u18's and reserves and got rid of deadwood.

also got the board to agree to improve youth facilities and youth recruitment. (gotta think long term)

also sorted out 4 different tactics, covered for most situations now.

so that means its about time i get started on signing some players then :)

What rating was your computer performance and game speed whilst setting the game up?

Performance 1 star Speed 3 stars i think cant remember but it was fine on the demo and my specs are above the minimun

Hello all waited until I got me teeth into it before posting!

Glenn28 I am struggling to find the facepacks file can you send me a link please.

I am 2 games in and have beaten Everton at Goodison 3-0 and then sibir 4-0

I have signed a bucket load of players - Mario Fernandes, Phil Jones (awesome), Coentrao, Mvila, Kadlec, Muniain, Defoe, Cairney, Nathaniel Clyde and Henrique

Out have gone Babel, Itandje (yeah had to pay some of salary), Jovanovic on loan, Ngog, Kyriagos, Poulson sulking in reserves with Aurelio.

Man City at Home, Sibir away and then Villa away so quite a tough start

Hello all waited until I got me teeth into it before posting!

Glenn28 I am struggling to find the facepacks file can you send me a link please.

I am 2 games in and have beaten Everton at Goodison 3-0 and then sibir 4-0

I have signed a bucket load of players - Mario Fernandes, Phil Jones (awesome), Coentrao, Mvila, Kadlec, Muniain, Defoe, Cairney, Nathaniel Clyde and Henrique

Out have gone Babel, Itandje (yeah had to pay some of salary), Jovanovic on loan, Ngog, Kyriagos, Poulson sulking in reserves with Aurelio.

Man City at Home, Sibir away and then Villa away so quite a tough start

Im still using the ones from FM 2010 working fine for me so far.

Archived