FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

alright lads, been a follower of these forums for a while without really getting involved so i think i may change that for fm11, i was going to wait until the full game as ive only really been using a demo as a test run really. on my first save i just kept all players to assess them in my formations etc as many of you have. started a second save the other day and brought in a few players ive spotted and was interested in and got rid of some of the players i found to be surplus.

INS: Iker Muniain, Javier Pastore, Arturo Vidal, Gareth Bale, Paulo Henrique

OUTS: lucas Leiva, Martin Skrtel, Ryan Babel... also several youths/reserves. would have liked to get rid of n'gog, konchesky and poulsen but literally couldnt give them away.

im currently playing a 4-2-3-1 formation. lots of short, quick passing. maintain possesion and is working quite well atm, only a few matches in though. my best result so far has to be:

blackpool11-1.jpg

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah not gonna start until the patch is out as for them 2 ill keep Konchesky for the HG rule & Jovanovic ill keep him as a back up as ill play Cole more on the AML side.Hope we get good money to spend at the start.

Hope so mate

alright lads, been a follower of these forums for a while without really getting involved so i think i may change that for fm11, i was going to wait until the full game as ive only really been using a demo as a test run really. on my first save i just kept all players to assess them in my formations etc as many of you have. started a second save the other day and brought in a few players ive spotted and was interested in and got rid of some of the players i found to be surplus.

OUTS: lucas Leiva, Martin Skrtel, Ryan Babel... also several youths/reserves. would have liked to get rid of n'gog, konchesky and poulsen but literally couldnt give them away.

im currently playing a 4-2-3-1 formation. lots of short, quick passing. maintain possesion and is working quite well atm, only a few matches in though. my best result so far has to be:

blackpool11-1.jpg

Great result and welcome to the thread :)

cheers lfc, ive been meaning to get involved since fm09. just never really got around to it. im real excited about this years game though. this friday cant come quick enough. dont know where im going to find the time to play with my fireworks

cheers lfc, ive been meaning to get involved since fm09. just never really got around to it. im real excited about this years game though. this friday cant come quick enough. dont know where im going to find the time to play with my fireworks

Cant wait to get the game myself i will have to set some fireworks off for the family so i will have to make time

i tried selling jovanovic, nobody would take him or poulsen off my hands.

i would be happy with a 20m budget. more is a bonus.

I offered him out for £2.5M loan fee and £2.5M future fee and got loads of offers

i even upet poulsen so much that he's requested a transfer but still if i try and offer him to other clubs it says

'the fact he recently signed for the club is putting of potental buyers' or 'he is a new signing at the club and has recently expressed his desire to do well for the club'

well annoying. they should have an option in the conversation that says 'you dont feature in my team plans and you're not gonna get any game time here... so do one' (maybe without the end bit)

i even upet poulsen so much that he's requested a transfer but still if i try and offer him to other clubs it says

'the fact he recently signed for the club is putting of potental buyers' or 'he is a new signing at the club and has recently expressed his desire to do well for the club'

well annoying. they should have an option in the conversation that says 'you dont feature in my team plans and you're not gonna get any game time here... so do one' (maybe without the end bit)

Haha just loan him out

mate i tried, i offered him and konchesky out on loan with no fee and 0% of their wages to be payed and still couldnt get rid lol

Thats mad i offered Konchesky out for £1.5M loan fee and £1.5M future fee and got offers

That sounds just crazy (or just really, really expensive...)!!! Did you have a board takeover by a sugardaddy? How much did those players cost you? They're all in the 'red zone' transferwise for 'pool, and you got 5 of them??!?

That sounds just crazy (or just really, really expensive...)!!! Did you have a board takeover by a sugardaddy? How much did those players cost you? They're all in the 'red zone' transferwise for 'pool, and you got 5 of them??!?

just offer 500k up front and then 40 mil for criteria that you will never meet in the demo, ie 40 mil after 50 games etc. i wont be carrying on with this save once the full game is released so long term finacial stability didnt concern me lol

welcome to the thread mikey man, you will soon learn this is the place to be :D

cheers stevie, as well all know the liverpool thread is the best one going.

jeez i'm behind! only just downloaded the demo. gotta last me till next week cos it's the missus' birthday this weekend so i'm not allowed to play :( annoyingly my save just crashed after 3 games so back to the beginning again! looks very good so far though, even if jovanovic won't leave no matter what!

i play a 4-4-1-1 as i did on fm 2010 with the mighty reds, and i dominated everything.

-------------------------------reina-------------------------------

johnson----------carra-------------agger------------konchesky

maxi--------------poulsen------------meireles---------------cole

-----------------------------stevie g---------------------------------

-------------------------------torres---------------------------------

i play fluid - control

push up to the second notch on defensive line

man marking

shorter passing

one notch below normal on pace

gotta last me till next week cos it's the missus' birthday this weekend so i'm not allowed to play :(

aaaahaha. This made me laugh a lot I have to say. My problem with Liverpool was that the players started to think there was a lack of discipline in the squad (I cant think of the word & its gone from me) so Carragher, Poulson, Gerrard & Kuyt were unhappy & 3 of them handed in transfer requests. God knows why, because I went about things like I always do on FM. ANNOYING!!!!!.

Friggin play.com just got an email saying my card was declinded and to contact me bank so spent half hr speaking to the bank who said my card was alright then when i phoned play back it was there fault friggin idiots

I best had get fm 11or there in trouble :)

Friggin play.com just got an email saying my card was declinded and to contact me bank so spent half hr speaking to the bank who said my card was alright then when i phoned play back it was there fault friggin idiots

I best had get fm 11or there in trouble :)

They probably played a trick on you because they know how desperate you want it haha.

Would be a kick in the balls like.

Mine is in the post :D :D cant wait. Making the mrs spend an entire week-end with me banging on about FM haha. Does it come a day early from play.com or still on Friday?

They probably played a trick on you because they know how desperate you want it haha.

Would be a kick in the balls like.

Mine is in the post :D :D cant wait. Making the mrs spend an entire week-end with me banging on about FM haha. Does it come a day early from play.com or still on Friday?

It might come a day early but it wont matter as am not starting a save until i have installed the patch

Hey guys!! Long time listener, first time caller... I haven't got the demo yet, have just been waiting to the game comes out on Friday... My first save is always with my beloved Reds and since this is the most contributed to thread on the forum what better place to start! Excuse my ignorance, but will the new game begin with Liverpool being owned by NESV or will I have to install the patch? Its just that I have never installed a patch on any version of FM before (shocking I know!), but I was wondering how you actually go about it?! Again, excuse my ignorance!

mine was posted earlier today too from play, tbh only ordered from play as i wanted the mouse :D

If I don't get mine fri I will kick right off

Hey guys!! Long time listener, first time caller... I haven't got the demo yet, have just been waiting to the game comes out on Friday... My first save is always with my beloved Reds and since this is the most contributed to thread on the forum what better place to start! Excuse my ignorance, but will the new game begin with Liverpool being owned by NESV or will I have to install the patch? Its just that I have never installed a patch on any version of FM before (shocking I know!), but I was wondering how you actually go about it?! Again, excuse my ignorance!

You will have to install the patch to have NESV and it can be downloaded via a link which will be posted on the general discussion thread

Also welcome to the thread

activate through steam and the patches will be downloaded and applies automatically, thats what i will be doing although for the achievements. i will try completing them all although chances are slim to none of me sticking with it. i dont like to manage anyone else except liverpool. i had a brief stint with havant and waterloovile, and a month or 2 with arsenal but thats about it. will try a journeyman career this time alongside my liverpool save.

im looking forward to the patch as getting NESV, see what they will be like with wages and transfer budgets ect, might finally get dzeko failling that jermaine defoe.

activate through steam and the patches will be downloaded and applies automatically, thats what i will be doing although for the achievements. i will try completing them all although chances are slim to none of me sticking with it. i dont like to manage anyone else except liverpool. i had a brief stint with havant and waterloovile, and a month or 2 with arsenal but thats about it. will try a journeyman career this time alongside my liverpool save.

im looking forward to the patch as getting NESV, see what they will be like with wages and transfer budgets ect, might finally get dzeko failling that jermaine defoe.

Ill be doing the same activate it through steam.

jst been taken over by South African business man Steven Mazibuko

he cleared the debt and gave me £145m transfer budget

so far only Edin Dzeko coming in january

General Finances

Transfer Budget (Season) £146,571,952

Transfer Budget (Remaining) £145,478,656

% of transfer revenue made available 100%

Sponsors 3 year general sponsorship deal at £1M per season. Ends 2013

10 year additional kit sponsorship deal at £13M per season. Ends 2016.

3 year general sponsorship deal at £1M per season. Ends 2012

4 year main kit sponsorship deal at £20M per season. Ends 2014.

3 year general sponsorship deal at £2M per season. Ends 2013

Loans Outstanding Bank Loan of £141M (£1.07M/per month until 4.10.2023).how do i post a screenie please

Wow its been quiet here wheres everyone gone bingo ? countdown:2 DAYS.We need to get MH off xbox live & get his butt in here lol.Ok lads im off to work bye to you all :thup:

Am still here mate just busy with the house i most probably wont be on Fm 11 on friday till late as i have stuff to do in the house plus let some fireworks off for me 2 children

Demo completed, got taken over by a swiss businessmen. Gave me 50m to spend, so I had Hazard, Sanchez, Motolovio join me for one game (got taken over after summer transfer window ended). I was 2nd in Prem and still in all other competitions. Suprisingly Babel performed well for me, might keep him in the full game.

I, like most of you it seems won't be starting a save until the patch is out. I hope it's released close to midnight Friday :) I have got 5 full days to play the new game as I have booked some time off work (that might sound a bit sad!)

Roll on Friday! :)

Not when we have Milan Jovanovic down the left ;)

Haha

Thought i was happy with me tactic but i cant help change the odd thing every now and then

Will most probably have to make a few tweaks anyway with the patch as ive heard there changing things in the match engine

Haha

Thought i was happy with me tactic but i cant help change the odd thing every now and then

Will most probably have to make a few tweaks anyway with the patch as ive heard there changing things in the match engine

What formation are you using for the tactic?

What are they planning on changing?

Archived