The Official English National Football Team Thread

The Official England National Team Thread sponsored by Why can't a group of world class players from the best league in the world ever perform as well as johnny foreigner and blaming cheating johnny foreigner, cheating johhny foreigner officials, Lampard, Gerrard, Lampard and Gerrard, tiredness, the media, John Terry's penis and not hiring a mediocre English coach instead of a successful foreigner.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on, something is up here, I keep seeing someone else has posted in this thread but when I click last post it goes to mine above (#4500) ... now it displays my 'testing, testing' post as #4503 so I am missing 3 posts there ... no idea what is happening

The Official England National Team Thread sponsored by Why can't a group of world class players from the best league in the world ever perform as well as johnny foreigner and blaming cheating johnny foreigner, cheating johhny foreigner officials, Lampard, Gerrard, Lampard and Gerrard, tiredness, the media, John Terry's penis and not hiring a mediocre English coach instead of a successful foreigner.

:D I would like this but I think it's too long :D

Emile :(

Hopefully we will hold a minute’s silence at the next friendly. A noble and dignified end.

In fact a selflessness that typifies his England career as a whole – drifting into the background so that others may shine.

Amazing. Now Capello's rankings have been released (presumably with the FA's blessing), but Capello says they are not authorised, has had a strop and asked that they be removed!!!!!.....

a/ after the WC fiasco Capello & the FA should be redoubling their efforts not to make any more mistakes - and this is another one!

b/ The FA clearly have no sensible dialogue with Capello before releasing what was expected to be highly controversial information to the public

c/ Why on earth would Capello let "his" information be available to anyone else at this stage (I would make any "back of a fag packet calculation" very secret until I was happy for it to be released)

Yet another FA cock up! The whole damn lot should be fired, Capello maybe the only exception. Its funny but the events since he left have made Adam Crozier look like the Godfather of all decent FA chief execs - and when he left it was as what perceived as a disasterous reign.

Capello is such a massive joke - really is pathetic this whole Capello Index crap. Should get rid of the lot of them and get someone in who hasn't got a monster ego that needs stroking all the time.

As far as I can work out this 'Capello Index' isn't him with a pen and paper saying "I'll give Terry 6 out of 10 for that" it's some system which automatically grades players based on things happening during the game (passes, assists, etc). He was involved marginally in the development of this system but put his name to it.

I don't know why he wants to be involved necessarily either, I never under estimate the greed of anyone involved in football though, to whom will this 'software' be made available to (yeah, we have pro zone, everything thinks it is ace). You kind of thought Capello was above getting involved in any money making type schemes, if people want to make money outside of football then it's fine but this is not outside of football. Although it's not his direct ratings it's being reported as such so it causing hassle and making English football like even more of a mess than usual

Guest roberto922
You kind of thought Capello was above getting involved in any money making type schemes

Managing England is a money making scheme for him tbf.

Good for Emile - doing the decent thing and stepping aside, a player you wanted to do well.

Now is the time to build for 2014. Anyone told old for that - I'm looking at you Beckham - should be cast off and the young players given a chance. 2012 should be a chance for experience like the Germans did this year. A new, young hungry and skillfull squad who can attack with pace and flair.

I am watching England U19 v Austria U19. It is 3-2 to England - Austria despite being second best (England have been passing well) have continued attacking and have been a refreshing change from the 10 behind the ball and not concede mentality of the World Cup.

In short: A system for ranking players based on various aspects of the game (passing, dribbling, tackling etc) with regards to position. Capello (as far as I've read) did very little apart from putting his name on it. The guys/company/whatever that made it have now published the ratings despite him saying he wants no part of it, much to the ire of some

Archived