The Official English National Football Team Thread

Hes right tho. You have no proof. Except saying other managers do it. Then say I'm talking nonsense? You are off your head.

Hang on, I wasn't agreeing with YOU.

I was asking why you think it was ok to make assumptions without proof then demand proof against it from others.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can see his mistakes, and with the awful world cup we've had. He should be SACKED. And we both know the only reason hes not been sacked is because of money.

Prove he lied gil without talking crap about other manners lie. That is total nosene.

I can't prove he was making up anymore than you can prove he wasn't. Which is why I started the sentence with "Fwiw I think...". It's just what I think based on my experiene of watching football, writing about football, talking about football on podcasts, etc.

I can see he made mistakes, but don't say "we both know he's not been sacked because of the money", because that is not even remotely my opinion. He's not been sacked because who else is going to do any better with this generation of players. Looking at that Germany team, no manager in the world could have gotten England past them. Yes you could argue that England should have won the group, but even if England had played well there's no guarantee they'd have topped the group tbh.

I can't prove he was making up anymore than you can prove he wasn't. Which is why I started the sentence with "Fwiw I think...". It's just what I think based on my experiene of watching football, writing about football, talking about football on podcasts, etc.

I can see he made mistakes, but don't say "we both know he's not been sacked because of the money", because that is not even remotely my opinion. He's not been sacked because who else is going to do any better with this generation of players. Looking at that Germany team, no manager in the world could have gotten England past them. Yes you could argue that England should have won the group, but even if England had played well there's no guarantee they'd have topped the group tbh.

Gills I gave my reasons to believe him.

1. His word.

2. The players did look tired.

3. Their game reflected tired players.

Tiredness could well be the reason they played so bad.

I have to say I find it remarkable that Woodmansee hasn't been given an infraction yet in this thread despite calling at least one mod a 'knobhead' and branding Gregg as a racist...

Did you see what Gregg said about people from the east end? If anything deserves a infraction, that would be it.

Gills I gave my reasons to believe him.

1. His word.

2. The players did look tired.

3. Their game reflected tired players.

Tiredness could well be the reason they played so bad.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. You see, I thought you were asking for PROOF. When it turns out all you were asking for was the basis of my opinion. Which I think you'll find I offered when I provided that opinion.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. You see, I thought you were asking for PROOF. When it turns out all you were asking for was the basis of my opinion. Which I think you'll find I offered when I provided that opinion.

So his word is not proof? Lol ok.

Rooney aside which players looked tired? Rooney being the one who carried an injury since the Bayern game. I wouldn't have bothered taking him ofc, its not like hes our best player or anything.

Could chuck a tired / baffled at Gareth Barry maybe

How do you know none of the others are not tired? Fitness has different levels.

If, say, Tevez or Kuyt are tired, then at the very least it hasn't noticably influenced their performance. Whereas apparently, it has for the English. So I ask you again, why do you think that is?

Did you see what Gregg said about people from the east end? If anything deserves a infraction, that would be it.

You've spent the entire thread calling various people idiots and worse, whilst also completely ignoring everyone's sound arguments or dismissing them as wrong without offering a counter-argument.

I think you are probably best summed up by the following picture:

drowning2.jpg

Do you need me to explain why that represents you??

Nick I never call people names before they start calling me names. Yes it is childish, and I should rise above them. I've never pulled people up on their grammar and spelling, again very childish.

I've always tried to stick to football, but when people lose the argument on here they resort to calling names or changing the subject.

So please go back and read the thread again..

Could chuck a tired / baffled at Gareth Barry maybe

Gareth Barry shouldn't be playing the holding role, he's not that type of player, I can see why Capello picked him with Hargreaves out though, even if I'd went for Parker personally. I dont think tiredness came into it as much as not being mobile enough.

So his word is not proof? Lol ok.

Er, no. Seeing as I said that I didn't believe him when he said the players are tired, of course I don't think his word is proof. Ffs, keep up man.

Let's recap:

Capello said: the players were tired.

I said: I don't think Capello believes the players were tired. I think he's saying that as an excuse, because he couldn't very well say that they were poor and let him down.

You said: So he lies then. I'll add it to my list. Then you started banging on about wanting proof that Capello was lying. Then I said I was offering an opinion based on my experience.

Nick I never call people names before they start calling me names. Yes it is childish, and I should rise above them. I've never pulled people up on their grammar and spelling, again very childish.

So please go back and read the thread again..

I've read the thread. By far and away the most childish person in it is you.

And I think the same about you. This is your fourth or fifth post now, that has nothing to do with football or the topic.

Well tbh there isn't much point trying to debate a topic with you as you've proved yourself to be completely incapable of knowing what a debate or a discussion is and how you should go about it.

NB: Dismissing other people's arguments without a counterargument isn't debating.

Er, no. Seeing as I said that I didn't believe him when he said the players are tired, of course I don't think his word is proof. Ffs, keep up man.

Let's recap:

Capello said: the players were tired.

I said: I don't think Capello believes the players were tired. I think he's saying that as an excuse, because he couldn't very well say that they were poor and let him down.

You said: So he lies then. I'll add it to my list. Then you started banging on about wanting proof that Capello was lying. Then I was offering an opinion based on my experience.

Let me get this right.

Capello said they was tired.

You don't think Capello believes the players was tired.

And I'm meant to believe you, but not Capello. You know how absurd that sounds? Are you for real?

The idiot fans are the ones that think he's done well Gills. Get a grip of realty man. Are you really that deluded?

The highest win percentage of any England manager in the last two decades. Yes, I'm well deluded for wanting him to stay.

Well tbh there isn't much point trying to debate a topic with you as you've proved yourself to be completely incapable of knowing what a debate or a discussion is and how you should go about it.

NB: Dismissing other people's arguments without a counterargument isn't debating.

Well if there is no point. GTFO. All you're doing now is trolling me over and over. Go away!

Let me get this right.

Capello said they was tired.

You don't think Capello believes the players was tired.

And I'm meant to believe you, but not Capello. You know how absurd that sounds? Are you for real?

Do you really think that managers always speak the truth to the press about their players? Bless.

Do you think they speak the truth sometimes? Bless

What? You're not even attempting to make any sense now.

Of course managers speak the truth to the press sometimes about their players. But you seem to be under the impression that their word is gospel.

Gil there is load of managers that will get sacked over four games at the world cup. Watch some of the other teams.

But what we're talking about here is England isn't it. And you want Capello sacked for England's performance in the World Cup. And I'm telling you that the problems are far more deep-rooted than that and that no manager in the world could have gotten much further in the tournament, and I'm suggesting that maybe the best person to continue in charge is the manager who's just been let down so badly by his players.

But hey, it's only a suggestion.

I never said their word was gospel. I'm saying the players looked tired. They played like they was tired. And Capello said they was tired.

That is enough for me to think they might be tired. Not some BS you are making up about managers telling lies with nothing to back it up.

But what we're talking about here is England isn't it. And you want Capello sacked for England's performance in the World Cup. And I'm telling you that the problems are far more deep-rooted than that and that no manager in the world could have gotten much further in the tournament, and I'm suggesting that maybe the best person to continue in charge is the manager who's just been let down so badly by his players.

But hey, it's only a suggestion.

The problems are deeper than just the manager, but he also is part of the problem.

The problems are deeper than just the manager, but he also is part of the problem.

OK, you win the argument. There's just no debating with someone as pig-ignorant as you tbh. I give up.

Might as well just close this thread GillsMan, Woodmansee has dragged this into the gutter.

Keeping Capello was the best option out there imo, though I would like to see Pearce take over when Capello leaves - hopefully it would have an effect on the NT like it has for Germany with Loew.

Guest roberto922

This is a travesty of a thread now, might as well close it. And can't we ban Woodman for sheer idiocy, and for spamming the same comments 1000 times in this thread? Pretty please?

Archived