Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, alot of questions in here :p

Decided to go with Scunthorpe for this one (Media Prediction 24th). First game was against Cardiff. 5-0 after the first half. Finished 7-2 due to complacency from the back. Brilliant. Fans were obviously jubilant.

So far, this tactic seems the best :)

Brilliant tactic Mr Plough, best I've come across so far. (Tested your most recent version only, and I should mention I copied your bars almost exactly into the Tactic creator tool, simply because I like the player role/duty options.) Finished 2nd in the league with Wolverhampton, first season, my only purchases were Otamendi, Shelvey and Annan.

I always paused each game at the start and used the touchline shouts 'retain possession' 'pass to feet' and 'stay on feet' and I was over 60% possession for most of my matches, consistantly had 3 or more CCC's every game, and was defensively very solid. Completely dominated the lesser EPL teams except for Wigan for some reason, and matches against the big 4 were very even. Through balls were deadly, Ebanks-Blake and Keogh each had a great season, both finishing with over 20 league goals, and both my central midfielders rated very well with bucket loads of assists.

I am now half way through the second season after buying Vukcevic, Sahko, Rodwell and Santacrose in the off-season, and am leading the division by 2 points (had a shaky start to the season but am now on a 12 match winning streak), and breezed through my Champions Cup group stage, thrashing Porto, AEK and Celtic in all 6 games.

The only 'problems' I found was that I seemed to concede more than my usual fair share of corner goals, and the DMC (Anthony Annan) and central Striker (Kevin Doyle or Shelvey) often rate poorly compared to the rest of my team. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this as well.

Even so, I can see this tactic sweeping all before it if used with a world class team! Congratulations on a superb tactic :thup:

Brilliant tactic Mr Plough, best I've come across so far. (Tested your most recent version only, and I should mention I copied your bars almost exactly into the Tactic creator tool, simply because I like the player role/duty options.) Finished 2nd in the league with Wolverhampton, first season, my only purchases were Otamendi, Shelvey and Annan.

I always paused each game at the start and used the touchline shouts 'retain possession' 'pass to feet' and 'stay on feet' and I was over 60% possession for most of my matches, consistantly had 3 or more CCC's every game, and was defensively very solid. Completely dominated the lesser EPL teams except for Wigan for some reason, and matches against the big 4 were very even. Through balls were deadly, Ebanks-Blake and Keogh each had a great season, both finishing with over 20 league goals, and both my central midfielders rated very well with bucket loads of assists.

I am now half way through the second season after buying Vukcevic, Sahko, Rodwell and Santacrose in the off-season, and am leading the division by 2 points (had a shaky start to the season but am now on a 12 match winning streak), and breezed through my Champions Cup group stage, thrashing Porto, AEK and Celtic in all 6 games.

The only 'problems' I found was that I seemed to concede more than my usual fair share of corner goals, and the DMC (Anthony Annan) and central Striker (Kevin Doyle or Shelvey) often rate poorly compared to the rest of my team. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this as well.

Even so, I can see this tactic sweeping all before it if used with a world class team! Congratulations on a superb tactic :thup:

Lord flash i wish you would spell my friggin name right, It's HOUGH not PLOUGH

Mr Hough,

I have tried looking through all the posts on this thread but there are just too many, i saw that you were thinking about designing a 442 tactic or one that uses wingers.

Have you managed to do this or are your tactics not compatible with this formation?

Cheers

updates:

this tactic is tops, the interpassing btw the 3 forwards and the supply from the midfield is tops.

i think everyone using this tactic should look at his/her own players ability and to realistically tweak the tactic.

what i do:

1) i use a tall strong striker in the middle, either Adriano or Dzeko, so i change both fullbacks to 'Hug Touchline' and cross aim 'Mixed'. what i observed is that the fullbacks stretch the defence better and they dont just cross hopeless balls into the centre. Results, both Adriano and Dzeko have scored headed goals from fullback crosses 1 each in 5 games, this is becoming quite a weapon.

2) increased passing to last notch of 'Short' for 3 strikers and both MCs. i dont have Barcelona or Arsneal type players who can effectively move the ball around. i noticed with the original setting of 'most short' passing, players sometimes try to take the shortest option and end up hitting opp. players.

3) i increased 'Try through pass' on my best, creative MC. sort of to make him try through passes more often. Results, assists from MCs have increased tremendously. most of the time, releasing central ST to slot home past keeper, 4 assists in 5 games

4) Set piece instructions, i have to re-do the set piece instructions, as i like to use the big Central striker to defend corners, ala Drogba. i also like to use my most creative, useless player in the air type to 'Close down corners'. I have setup some tastely counter attacks like this.

5) Reduced 'Hard Tackling' to Mixed throughout the team. Somehow, my players are made of glass. This helps reduce knocks. i am prepared to give up a bit of 'bite' to conserve players.

6) Changed keeper distribution from 'Defender collect' to 'mixed'. Super fed-up with my keeper playing the ball dangerously to a defender with an opp. attacker nearby. Cost me a goal recently. Prepared to loose some possession with this, but i prefer safety.

basically, the message i'm trying to send is, dont get on the back of Mr Hough if the tactic is not working 100% of the time, or if ur players dont get fab ratings. Teamtalks, pregame conditioning, pregame morale all play a very important part in getting results. the tactic already has provided us a winning formula, put simply out-numbering in certain areas of the pitch and controlling the game. a lot of the time, its 3 vs 2 in the penalty box or on the counter, ala Jose Mourinho's tactic in the Champions League finals and Semi-finals.

this tactic is definitely a 'Score more than you tactic'. and its wave after wave of assult on the opp. goal. letting 1 or more in the other end is to be expected. but u will get plenty of opportunities to score too. i have been scoring an average of 4 goals a match, even slamming 9 goals past a lower division club in a cup game and slamming 6 past the minnow club in the Champions League group stage.

a lot like real life, once u score early and score plenty, not many teams have the 'balls' to come back from that. their rating and morale all drop, then its just about not committing stupid mistakes.

Fab tactic Mr Hough

Mr. Hough, I don't mean to sound stupid but am I right to assume that the tactic that you and JP Woody are collaborating on, has not been posted yet? I did check the OP and read the last few pages of the thread. The latest update in the OP was on May 15th but it mentions nothing about JP Woody. Thanks.

Mr. Hough, I don't mean to sound stupid but am I right to assume that the tactic that you and JP Woody are collaborating on, has not been posted yet? I did check the OP and read the last few pages of the thread. The latest update in the OP was on May 15th but it mentions nothing about JP Woody. Thanks.

Post Number #2475.

Jeepers no need to be so touchy about a name. By the way, it's LordFlash. No space and capital F. :thdn:

Hey no problem, If your gonna ue my tactic and think of it so highly at least get my name right Lordflash.

They're all great tactics, my only problem is espicially if began by a small team due to make the right team talks, it's trial and error recommendant, sometimes you're watching matches and you're players are missing some of the greatest chances they will make very easily if the confidence are skyhigh or you make the right teamtalks, i found teamtalks one of the hardest parts of the game but i prefer wolfsong's guide including trial & error some things if player's do not react well at some of the individual talks.

Team talks are crap! There is too much emphasis on them, a tactic's success should not be measured by team talks. I only hope SI do something about them for FM11, either make them better or get rid of them completely.

Steve

Team talks are crap! There is too much emphasis on them, a tactic's success should not be measured by team talks. I only hope SI do something about them for FM11, either make them better or get rid of them completely.

Steve

Are team talks really that important in this game? I go for a lot of matches using none and it seems to affect anything. I just make sure all my players have at least 15+ determination

mr hough sorry but i want to ask you a stupid question!i had downloaded the pack with backgrounds,the same as your screenshots but i dont know to do to see them in game!!do u know the reason?can you help me?

mr hough sorry but i want to ask you a stupid question!i had downloaded the pack with backgrounds,the same as your screenshots but i dont know to do to see them in game!!do u know the reason?can you help me?

You can't see screenshots on the default skin you'd have to change to a different one.

The skin i'm using is more or less exactly like the default back ground skin but it enables backgrounds.

Here is the link to the skin i use, If you use this skin you will have backgrounds like me.

http://www.filefront.com/16489377/Vitreous-Mr-Hough-Skin.rar/

The new wizard tactic is very very solid. Its no wonder so many people are having long unbeaten runs. Is Woody your defensive coach Mr Hough? lol. My Burnley team are in the champions league and challenging for the title,team is no great shakes either. Brilliant work. Thanks Mr Hough.

The new wizard tactic is very very solid. Its no wonder so many people are having long unbeaten runs. Is Woody your defensive coach Mr Hough? lol. My Burnley team are in the champions league and challenging for the title,team is no great shakes either. Brilliant work. Thanks Mr Hough.

JP knows the wizard very well so he helped out alot that's why I'm not taking all the credit half of the work goes to JP.

It is my Initial latest wizard tactic but converted into the wizard with a few more tweaks from me and JP.

JP knows the wizard very well so he helped out alot that's why I'm not taking all the credit half of the work goes to JP.

It is my Initial latest wizard tactic but converted into the wizard with a few more tweaks from me and JP.

The wizard is the future,we all need to embrace it. I think SI will take out the classic function eventually.

mr hough can u answer to my question before some posts?

it depends on the skin if the skin enables background changes then yes all background will work if it dosen't then none will work.

The skin i linked it pretty cool though have a look at that.

hmm look i play to windowed mode and i downloaded the background which is for matchday and for my squad screen!!but inside to every foder has 3 folders.Match and squad screen,normal,widescreen!so i must delete something of these folders?because in read me txt i can understan what must to do.if u understand help me and sorry for offtopic.

Mr. Hough your latest tactic seems quite impressive, but for my Milan side[year 2019] it isn't everything so good.

My players don't shoot so much, just about 5 shots per match, and two attacking players in the middle are underrated everytime.

I don't understand because I have there two awesome players- Hamsik and Verratti.

What you think about this?

Hello Mr. Hough,

I want to ask you this: if if change the latest tactic which you and JP created in wizard mode, to classic mode (since i dont like the wizard mode), do you think the results will be the same?

Tks in advance

thirteennil.jpg

Ok, so I know that this was a preseason game against a side that's not offering much resistance... still It was 9-0 at half time but the opposition parked a large bus (copyright Jose Mourinho) across the goal line at half time. Fortunately they left a few windows open, hence the extra 4 goals.

Whoever came up with the phrase "There's no easy games in football" has clearly not taken the time to investigate Mr Hough's (Plough's, Dough's, Rough's, whatever) latest tactic!

Mr. Hough your latest tactic seems quite impressive, but for my Milan side[year 2019] it isn't everything so good.

My players don't shoot so much, just about 5 shots per match, and two attacking players in the middle are underrated everytime.

I don't understand because I have there two awesome players- Hamsik and Verratti.

What you think about this?

Maybe it needs time to gel mate give it time and it'll be ok.

Hello Mr. Hough,

I want to ask you this: if if change the latest tactic which you and JP created in wizard mode, to classic mode (since i dont like the wizard mode), do you think the results will be the same?

Tks in advance

I'd use latest classic mode then because it's basically the same.