8.02 Patch Wish

i got a few ideas

you no ronaldo always scores in real life well he never scored on fm. An also rooney is always top goalscorer on fm but he never scores in real life i think it should be changed to more like real life!

I think defenders dont get the credit on this game there never on 8 or 9 there always on 7!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by grade:

Put an option how to make substitution. A choice between the on going match(like fm08) or stop match (like previous versions of FM) because I personally this prevents me from playing the game at all.

Also If i choose for my assistance manager to do the team talks I do not need to see what my AM chooses.

Tranfer negotiation (when selling a player that must be at least someone interested, that is what happens in real life. Also if we gamers (we as Managers) want to buy a player we have to put a few more million to buy the player we want to, that same should happen when a club want to buy A player from our squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you not seen the Pause button?

I would like to see player selection for youth tournaments to be based on year of birth not current age. In international management, I always manage both the A and U21 team. It annoys me that I can't call up players that have turned 22 even though IRL every player born after 1.1.86 is eligible to play at the 2009 tournament even though some maybe a full 23 years old by then.

I play in Norway and my reserve team wins their league all the time and they are then given a multi-million dollar payout for winning that league.

I also have to pay out $5-8 million for winning the Royal League because its considered a European competition by my squad bonuses.

The squad bonuses must be fixed. This was reported way before the first patch and ignored. It kills my finances.

Add this player is unavalible for transfer box under transfer status not set on the player transfer status screen cause i hate it when you have world class players on your team and other teams come in for them but you can only warn them off trough the media but if that box was there you could scare the other teams off by that box.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Arnoldzhu:

Tweak the match engine based on what we have in 8.0 version.

I find people today are really not so honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why do you say that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonythetiger891:

an editor for the North American versions would make my game worth the money. I feel sort of cheated to be honest with you. I dont think i'll buy from SI again unless someone either makes one or SI make one available with the patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The North American version ships without an editor? Err, why?

That's pretty horrible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chanman:

I play in Norway and my reserve team wins their league all the time and they are then given a multi-million dollar payout for winning that league.

I also have to pay out $5-8 million for winning the Royal League because its considered a European competition by my squad bonuses.

The squad bonuses must be fixed. This was reported way before the first patch and ignored. It kills my finances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree. I pay 1.5M€ for winning a welsh cup, same as FA Cup!!! But winning that welsh cup gives me 150.000€ and FA final pays the other extra wages.

the problem is that I can't avoid winning welsh cup, because only worthy rival is cardiff, and I won them 3 or last 4 finals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freelancer:

Actually Brad has a point because the new patch would include any new transfers in January. One thing that troubles me is that it feels weird to have Jan transfers but start the game in July. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or when you begin the game you can select to use the .1 database then you'll have the teams from the start of the season but the patch will still have fixed all the problems.

So the issues raised in this thread are:

1) Board confidence is completely bugged, making the game unplayable realistically after 2 years

2) Unbalanced shots to goals ratio

3) Too many shots per game due to unrealistically poor defending

4) Super goalkeeping

5) One on ones not working properly

6) Competition bonuses ruining clubs' finances

7) The controversy problem: Absolutely no reason to have this feature as it is useless with the 2D match engine. It's basically impossible to work out for yourself whether a decision was correct or not, so all it really does is help you upset your players

8) Future regens being rubbish

For me the worst issue is the 1st one. 2-5 together work okay, but they are terribly unrealistic and realism is what this game is aiming towards, right? All problems though.

SI have plenty on their plate and then people are suggesting more features! I would suggest that at this stage there are already too many features. Lets just focus on fixing the current problems.

Now a question: I know this is likely to be information available, but I don't really know where. When I we likely to see a fix to these problems, an 8.0.2 patch? Thanks for the answer in advance.

Most of the above and please can I get a feeder club? Trying for about 6 years now, you'd think the reigning Champions League holders could get someone as a feeder. I can't even get the usual Latvian no-hopers.

Just a little thing for me, that would be a big help...

You can ask the assistant to "filter unrealistic" in staff searches with a club, but not when doing a staff search for an international team.

Would save me alot of time trawling through hundreds of staff, even with filtered searches, then having to offer loads of candidates a job just to see if they accept.

I'm currently managing Ivory Coast and need a decent physio, plus I've offered every man and his dog the U21 & U19 jobs and nobody wants to come. Knowing who would "realistically" be interested in the job would be a big help. icon14.gif

I concur with aforementioned comments about board confidence, match engine and lack of variety of response for media items. Haven't had enough success to monitor bonus or regen problems.

In terms of confidence, in my latest game Oxford were expected to reach the second round of the FA Cup. I giant-killed both Bournemouth and Lincoln and drew Liverpool away in the third round. They were 1st in the Premier League. They beat me. The board are now particularly upset by this result. Ridiculous!

what bugs me is that when i sell a player, the next time im playing the club i sold him to i get asked about how i feel about him returning.....this happens every time i play his new club!!

The first time aint so bad but when its every time against his new club i get ****ed off and almost get tempted to try get one of my hard men to break his leg and make sure he doesnt play against me again for a while lol

make it an option on the next patch to activate or not the Real Time Tactical Changes, because I don't like it. I like that ones used on previous versions of FM where you stop the match.

if make it an option is difficult then i ask SI to create an optional patch with this change.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miemie:

Confidence is just out of control. I won't play until it is fixed. I've already had to cope a month icon13.gif without FM due to this major bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just play FM07. Works for me icon14.gif

Archived