894 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version of this tactic has worke the best for you

• Original complete Dominace for patch 10.0 and 10.1
    • Complete Dominace 10.2
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Craggswfc Better Defence
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Ohanzee's Classic Tweak
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 The Hybrid/Joint Venture
    • Complete Dominace 10.2 Elephant Stones Nike Defence

Hello Guys, After the Fantastic success of my 'Possession Domination' Thread and Tactics I've decided to make a new one with a complete different formation and style of play.

I call this Complete Dominance because when i've used it thats what it's done, Dominated the opp so much that they can rarely get out of there own half.

the players positions are very standard i'll run through them for you so you guys know what to look for.

Goalkeeper

Aerial Ability Reflexes Handling Communication Positioning

Center backs

Heading Marking Tackling Positioning Teamwork Anticipation Strength

Fullbacks

Stamina Positioning Crossing Tackling Workrate Teamwork Pace

Anchor Man

Passing Workrate Determination Anticipation Teamwork Stamina Tackling Strength

Center Midfield

Passing Workrate Determination First Touch Stamina Anticipation Off the ball

Attacking Midfield

Dribbling First Touch Creativity Off the ball Acceleration Pace Passing Finishing

Advanced Forward

Finishing Dribbling First Touch Technique Off the Ball Flair Pace Strength Balance Composure

Poacher

Finishing First Touch Off the ball Composure Determiantion Pace Technique

there's some screenshots of match results

th_6-0domination.jpg

th_16scored2conceeded.jpg

^^ On this screen the games with the RED outlining are the only games that he played with this tactic

These 2 sreenshots are from wes coulam who tested the tactic for me for a few games clearly he liked what he seen

th_manutdchelsea.jpg

th_realmadridbattered.jpg

^^ this one i only won 2-1 but i battered them all game and created 6 CCC's i think casillas got MOM show's how good my team was

Finally here is the Tactic Link i really hope you enjoy this tactic i think it's very good if you guys need anymore information let me know

FM10 Version 10.0 and 10l.1

http://www.filefront.com/15125969/Complete%20Dominance%20%28At.%20Madrid%2C%20Feb%202011%29.tac

http://www.filefront.com/15140361/Complete%20Dominance%20%28At.%20Madrid%2C%20Feb%202011%29.tac

version 10.2

http://www.filefront.com/15192787/Complete%20Dominance%2010.2%20%28Everton%2C%20Jan%202010%29.tac

Craggswfc Tweaked Better Defence Version

http://www.zshare.net/download/706493052b67fb41/

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9q1bxu

I'm not sure what he hads changed with this as i haven't tried it yet.

Ohanzee's Tweaked 'Classic' Version of my 10.2 tactic

http://www.filefront.com/15252021/41...-Jul-2010.tac/

This tactic is classic like FM09 so no roles or shouts in this.

Ohanzee's Classic Tactic with my elegant twist on things 'The Hybrid'

http://hotfile.com/dl/22712054/d94fe...2010).tac.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jvehtk

i changed a few things from Ohanzee's Version with fullbacks and strikers being the main things the strikers are set differently the Right Striker will be the more creative and the left the more stronger type.

Elephant Stones Tweaked tactic Very good reports about this one as it use's Justified's 'Nike' Defence set-up and it strong at the back with out losing any attacking ability

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tzy7hu

Thanks to Everyone who has tried/commented on the tactic's above thanks very much

Some tweaks that people have made credit goes to ROONEY_08 for this one.

Change the marking on the central defenders to ZONAL and change the marking on the Left and Right Fullback from ZONAL to MAN marking and also TICK TIGHTMARKING

Credit for this one goes to HAMMER1000.

Just After kick off pause the game and use the RETAIN POSSESION, PASS TO FEET and STAY ON FEET shouts These will help defence out alot also if holding onto a lead you can change the stratagy from overload to defensive

OI's are VERY important strikers left right wide midfielders wingers and ACM's always use these Closing down and Tight Marking ALWAYS on these players

MSN: davehough_2007@hotmail.co.uk if you need to chat directly

If you need me to upload to anymore sites let me know

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Mr Hough, I was just about to test it for you lol will let you know anyway, nice results :thup:

LOL, you took your time shootie i sent you that this morning lmao

seriously guys i'll admit i'm a tweaker of tactics and i honestly can not think where i need to tweak this tactic anywhere.

one thing i will say though i haven't tried it with lower league teams so i'm not sure if it will work there it should do but i'm not sure

Thanks

dave

LOL, you took your time shootie i sent you that this morning lmao

seriously guys i'll admit i'm a tweaker of tactics and i honestly can not think where i need to tweak this tactic anywhere.

one thing i will say though i haven't tried it with lower league teams so i'm not sure if it will work there it should do but i'm not sure

Thanks

dave

Yeah ive only just got on FM now, about to play my first game with it. First thing I noticed looking at the sliders is that its sort of similar to the Chinese creation 2 tactic which is the closest thing to a diablo so far in FM10 in my opinion. But ive always been a big fan of the 4-1-2-1-2 and have noticed anytime ive tried it that teams always seem to diomiate midfield against me.

Beat Florentina 1-0 with Lyon in the champions league. A good passing tactic, however Gilardino got a few 1vs1 and my sub keeper saved a penalty from Montilivo. Gomis scored the winner in the 85th min with a 1vs1. Had a good few of those but Lopez just scuffs them *facepalm".

Nice tactic you have got gonna do a few more games with it.

well your last one did brilliantly for for me till i got to premierleague, and even now my quality is top half prem im struggling, and he old one doesnt seem to work as well anymore.

this is exactly what i need will let you know some results mate :)

thanks!

well 1st game was a 4-3 away win at west ham. okay i conceded 3 goals but a wins a win, and i had 18 shots with 12 on target which is most ive had in a long time. they had 12 with 8 on target, but for a first game against a good west ham team, im happy with it

will keep you posted :D

just noticed they had 60% possesion though : / still good though :)

Hello Guys, After the Fantastic success of my 'Possession Domination' Thread and Tactics I've decided to make a new one with a complete different formation and style of play.

I call this Complete Dominance because when i've used it thats what it's done, Dominated the opp so much that they can rarely get out of there own half.

the players positions are very standard i'll run through them for you so you guys know what to look for.

Goalkeeper

Aerial Ability Reflexes Handling Communication Positioning

Center backs

Heading Marking Tackling Positioning Teamwork Anticipation Strength

Fullbacks

Stamina Positioning Crossing Tackling Workrate Teamwork Pace

Anchor Man

Passing Workrate Determination Anticipation Teamwork Stamina Tackling Strength

Center Midfield

Passing Workrate Determination First Touch Stamina Anticipation Off the ball

Attacking Midfield

Dribbling First Touch Creativity Off the ball Acceleration Pace Passing Finishing

Advanced Forward

Finishing Dribbling First Touch Technique Off the Ball Flair Pace Strength Balance Composure

Poacher

Finishing First Touch Off the ball Composure Determiantion Pace Technique

there's some screenshots of match results

th_6-0domination.jpg

th_16scored2conceeded.jpg

^^ On this screen the games with the RED outlining are the only games that he played with this tactic

These 2 sreenshots are from wes coulam who tested the tactic for me for a few games clearly he liked what he seen

th_manutdchelsea.jpg

th_realmadridbattered.jpg

^^ this one i only won 2-1 but i battered them all game and created 6 CCC's i think casillas got MOM show's how good my team was

Finally here is the Tactic Link i really hope you enjoy this tactic i think it's very good if you guys need anymore information let me know

http://www.filefront.com/15125969/Complete%20Dominance%20%28At.%20Madrid%2C%20Feb%202011%29.tac

If you need me to upload to anymore sites let me know

I can not download it please upload it somewhere else please.

Only problem I see looking at the Match Stats is it seems for of a ME exploit. I'm assuming the tempo is really high and you have fast players up top and you just counter really quick. If it gets you results then :thup: but I don't know a team can win in IRL 6-0 with 40% possession.

Not trying to cut down the tactic, just my opinion. I'm sure it's a great tactic for you

I'm trying this now, I'm only in pre-season at the moment as Middlesbrough in the Championship.

I had to play Chelsea and in the first half I managed to play them quite evenly finishing the half 0-0. The game ended up finishing 4-2 to Chelsea (2 own goals from me?) So I consider that a fairly good result.

Tactic has been good for me so far, I'll give more information when I hit the actual league games.

3 games in a win a loss and a draw.

4-3 away at west ham

2-2 away at bolton

5-2 away at Man U (Cup)

obviously good up front, but only one of my players really scoring, nathan delfounso, 5 goals in those 3. shelvey has 2.

all away and ivebeen scoring so ill keep going but man u and bolto completley dominated ME in those games, was lucky, not thanks to my awesome goalie.

Only problem I see looking at the Match Stats is it seems for of a ME exploit. I'm assuming the tempo is really high and you have fast players up top and you just counter really quick. If it gets you results then :thup: but I don't know a team can win in IRL 6-0 with 40% possession.

Not trying to cut down the tactic, just my opinion. I'm sure it's a great tactic for you

do you know what gets me about people like you please don't take this as offence cos it's not meant to be just an observation really.

on your thread you asked for help so offered to help you i asked you to upload the tactic that you was using and i tweaked it and made it as i thought it should be it litrally took me 2 minutes to see where you where going wrong and to rectofy this, I pmed you back this tactic for you to look at and i wrote a massive post on your thread explaining what i have done and why i have done it, yet i get no thanks for trying to help

you say that you where having trouble scoring goals and creating CCC's with the tactic you sent me, my first game using my version of the tactic i created 6 CCC's and i won that game 3-2 which i think is good considering i just put the sliders where i thought they would be without playing and seeing how it plays in game.

The point i'm getting at it that you suggest i exploit the ME and think i play a certain way without even looking at the tactic, The reason i know you did this is because if you seen the tactic and settings you proberly wouldn't make this comment.

I know i'm rambling on but it is extreamly annoying when i spend alot of my time creating tactics trying to make them better and better, this is not because i exploit the ME maybe i understand it i've watched games play out and tweaked my tactic to stop things happening

i'm sorry again for rambling on but i had to get this off my chest

do you know what gets me about people like you please don't take this as offence cos it's not meant to be just an observation really.

on your thread you asked for help so offered to help you i asked you to upload the tactic that you was using and i tweaked it and made it as i thought it should be it litrally took me 2 minutes to see where you where going wrong and to rectofy this, I pmed you back this tactic for you to look at and i wrote a massive post on your thread explaining what i have done and why i have done it, yet i get no thanks for trying to help

you say that you where having trouble scoring goals and creating CCC's with the tactic you sent me, my first game using my version of the tactic i created 6 CCC's and i won that game 3-2 which i think is good considering i just put the sliders where i thought they would be without playing and seeing how it plays in game.

The point i'm getting at it that you suggest i exploit the ME and think i play a certain way without even looking at the tactic, The reason i know you did this is because if you seen the tactic and settings you proberly wouldn't make this comment.

I know i'm rambling on but it is extreamly annoying when i spend alot of my time creating tactics trying to make them better and better, this is not because i exploit the ME maybe i understand it i've watched games play out and tweaked my tactic to stop things happening

i'm sorry again for rambling on but i had to get this off my chest

I clearly stated I wasn't saying anything bad about your tactic. The only thing I said was that it doesn't seam realistic to me that one can score 6 goals with only 40% possession. I like my teams to keep possession and have more shots as well, that is my aim with my tactics, and you might have other aims. Each to their own.

I'm using this in a new game as Newcastle.

My only signings are Henri Camara, and Ebor Smiorlek (not sure on the spelling!).

I'm into february and I'm on a 28 game unbeaten run, 8 points clear with goals scored at 58, conceded 17.

The tactic does what it says on the tin - completely dominates!

To improve things, a new board has taken over and built new training facilities costing 17.5mill... he says he has very big plans!

I clearly stated I wasn't saying anything bad about your tactic. The only thing I said was that it doesn't seam realistic to me that one can score 6 goals with only 40% possession. I like my teams to keep possession and have more shots as well, that is my aim with my tactics, and you might have other aims. Each to their own.

yeah completly if people played exactly the same way it would be pretty boring.

I mean no offence and i hope if you choose to try my tactic it brings as much success to you as it has for me

Tested this in 2 games with Villarreal now.

And those 2 games were home to Barcelona and away to Real Madrid!!

First game VS. Bracelona ended 1-1. Very even game that could have gone either way..

Next game away to Real Madrid and we ended up winning 3-2!! Completely dominated and had it not been for Iker Casillas we could easily have scored 5-6 goals! Created 6 Clear Cut Chances against Real Madrid`s 0!!

Nice start!! :thup:

Edit: Nest game was home against Athletic Bilbao. Won 4-0!

Reall beginning to like this!

Next match: Away to Real Madrid...Again!

just download it going t use it with my sheff wed. always wanted the narrow diamond but amazed how u got it playing so well with overload, but who cares if it brings u results. will gi you feedback most likely tomo tho!

well played a game with it v Middlesbroug, was 2 down with in 20 mins n with out a shot, but i think that was cos my players wernt used to the formation. but i pulled it back n maybe won it but had a player sent off here a screeine of it so if u have a deff sent off what do you do???

sheffwedvmiddlesbrough.th.png

Must say Mr. Hough, well bloody done. Not as good defensively as your other tactic, but my god it certainly makes up for it going forward. 11 goals in my first 3 games so far, conceded 4.

Really wierd how I NEVER have majority possession, yet ALWAYS win so comfortably :D

Any ordinary customised 41212 tactic can outperform this one. Any success is due to the overload default approach and quality of the team's squad..

But if you must use this tactic, switch the AMC to a support duty- that way he stops trying to play through the defence and starts passing to the fwds more from a position behind the defence where he is hard to pick up.

Just thought I'd update this thread:

I won the league as Newcastle with 6 games to go...

Got 20 mill to spend for the new season, so my signings so far are:

Joe Hart

Pasquale

Poulson (from juve)

Darren Gibson

Deco

Milyevski

Ricardo Oliviera

Considering how well I did in the 1st season, with the signings I've managed to get in - I have high hopes for the return to the premiership. I said I'd finish in the Top Half.

Will update as I go.

Hey Mr Hough

Just thought i'd let you know how things are going.

I started a game with Chelsea using the V5(with my tweaks) to see if it would work with a Big Club, but i struggled.

So i thought i'd try the 4-1-2-1-2 and that was a bit hit and miss although i had just changed straight from the V5, anyway, i decided to try out the tweaks i used in the V5 and all of a sudden we have won our last 8 games scoring 25 goals and conceding just 1.

The last game was a 2-0 win away to Inter in the CL.

I'll keep going for a little while then i'm going to start a new West Ham save and see how it goes with them?

Cheers :thup:

I've been playing with this tactic for a few games now with my man city team. At first i was losing to all kinds of teams but i've decided to make some tweaks to suit my team. As someone has said in a earlier post, put the att mid on support because he's constantly putting good balls through to strikers(if he has good passing, decisions and creativity). I also went from overload to attacking and very fluid to fluid because my team were being pulled all over the place. It's worked wonders to be honest. I've gone from 6th to 3rd in the league in the last 5 games and i feel that my team are finally playing the way i want them to. If anyone is struggling with this tactic, it's an idea to keep the fundamentals of the tactic but just tweak to suit your team.

Here is a screenie of every game(except my last) i have played since using the tweaks i mentioned.

2qs2trb.jpg

Here is the last game.

21y7bc.jpg

We were playing well, had an onside goal given offside and then Terry missed an interception to leave Bent with a easy tap in(although offside)

Suddenly although we continued to dominate, the team motivation feature showed that 8 of my players were now playing nervously?

They had a player sent off and we still continued to dominate, Bent then scored a 30 yard free kick and it was game over.

I was at fault in part as i could/should have changed strategy when Sunderland had their player sent off and used overload for the last 15-20 minutes, but i just let the game play out as i'm not going to continue with the Chelsea save.

Mr Hough

I started a save with Inter with tactics v5 and in 15 games had only wins. I decided to switch to this tactic. First game with this tactic was with Fiorentina out. I won 3-2. Was the 3-0 win in the last minutes and they cut. After the outside Barcelona. Draw 3-3. Was 3-1 and they draw in the last 3 minutes. Let me say that the players do not have time to get used to because I changed tactics mid-season. The tactic is phenomenal but I need your help to make changes in the last minutes to keep a clean sheet.

Congratulations and thank you for the tactical

ok because the tactic is very attacking when you have a lead of say 2-0 or 3-0 switch the stratergy to control or counter of defensive whichever suits you best and just see out the end of the half like this.

It's unlikely that the opp will score then this way

I did mean to write this in the OP but i forgot

Here is a screenie of every game(except my last) i have played since using the tweaks i mentioned.

2qs2trb.jpg

Here is the last game.

21y7bc.jpg

We were playing well, had an onside goal given offside and then Terry missed an interception to leave Bent with a easy tap in(although offside)

Suddenly although we continued to dominate, the team motivation feature showed that 8 of my players were now playing nervously?

They had a player sent off and we still continued to dominate, Bent then scored a 30 yard free kick and it was game over.

I was at fault in part as i could/should have changed strategy when Sunderland had their player sent off and used overload for the last 15-20 minutes, but i just let the game play out as i'm not going to continue with the Chelsea save.

could you post what Tweaks you use and shouts and i'll add them to the OP Hammer thanks

ok because the tactic is very attacking when you have a lead of say 2-0 or 3-0 switch the stratergy to control or counter of defensive whichever suits you best and just see out the end of the half like this.

It's unlikely that the opp will score then this way

I did mean to write this in the OP but i forgot

Just change the strategy or have to change the tempo and the wasting time?

Hi mate, ive been using this not on FM10 but on FM live, my team had been wobbling and a change of formation has done me a world of good, in 14 games ive had 11 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss. I love the fact that the players work the ball into the box (often i have around 15 shots, 7 CCC's and only around 2 shots from range!) However i was just wondering about your AMC, and striker setup... my AMC has been playing out of skin at the moment, 15 games, 10 goals and 6 assists... however up front i was wondering whether its best to use my quicker striker as the advanced forward or the bigger striker in this role? Is it the poacher thats designed to get the majority of the goals in the partnership? It may seem like i have a lot of questions but really they are very minor points and i must say its an extremely good tactic, both going forward and backwards! (even though the time spent going back isnt much these days!!!)

Hi mate, ive been using this not on FM10 but on FM live, my team had been wobbling and a change of formation has done me a world of good, in 14 games ive had 11 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss. I love the fact that the players work the ball into the box (often i have around 15 shots, 7 CCC's and only around 2 shots from range!) However i was just wondering about your AMC, and striker setup... my AMC has been playing out of skin at the moment, 15 games, 10 goals and 6 assists... however up front i was wondering whether its best to use my quicker striker as the advanced forward or the bigger striker in this role? Is it the poacher thats designed to get the majority of the goals in the partnership? It may seem like i have a lot of questions but really they are very minor points and i must say its an extremely good tactic, both going forward and backwards! (even though the time spent going back isnt much these days!!!)

i would put your big striker in the advanced role and your quicker striker in the poacher role, there both hopefully gonna get roughly the same amount of goals

I'm glad the tactic is working for you mate in the OP i've made a list of the attributtes needed for the positions and you should stick to that to have the best success

could you post what Tweaks you use and shouts and i'll add them to the OP Hammer thanks

Sure, would have posted earlier but had a bit of a nap :o

Change starting strategy to DEFENSIVE

Then choose the following Touchline Instructions - Pass to Feet, Retain Possession and Stay on Feet

Thats it.

Out of interest surely the shouts are fairly irrelavant with this tactic given that most settings are done manually and as such arent changed by shouts? Ive found simply that when needing to attack increasing tempo/decreasing time wasting works whilst defending works by lowering the tempo and increasing time wasting? Also adding a bit of extra tempo can open sides up a bit more as the ball is moving faster... thus making it harder to defend

It's stupid. Can someone explain me if I set individual mentalities on players + settings will they be replaced by team instructions if I set them to Overload + Very Fluid for example? O_o

This tactic is inconsistant. Setting defensive as starting strategy with Bayern meant I lost goal in 5 minutes lol.

First sorry for my English.

Mr. Hough this is a great tactic! I'm using Ac. Milan and i won all the match i played.

3-0 against Inter, 5-3 against Roma, 3-0 against Real Madrid and 3-1 away against CSKA with 10 men after 5 minutes my center defender was set off.

Really a Great tactic.

THANKS!!!!!!!:thup:

yo mate like im totally stunned with my hudersfield town side with this tactic mate, i was thinking hope to stay in the leauge but thats not the case in half way through the season and im 2nd ,my team i must say is very poor ,but this tactic just amazes me ,like on avergae im scoring 3 to 5 goals agame ,but i was conceeding heaps at the same time so my tweak to you and every1 else is to : change central defenders to Zonal tight marking and the Defence L/R to tight MAN marking and that has solved my problem big time ........so thanks again Houghy , you tactical Mastermind..

yo mate like im totally stunned with my hudersfield town side with this tactic mate, i was thinking hope to stay in the leauge but thats not the case in half way through the season and im 2nd ,my team i must say is very poor ,but this tactic just amazes me ,like on avergae im scoring 3 to 5 goals agame ,but i was conceeding heaps at the same time so my tweak to you and every1 else is to : change central defenders to Zonal tight marking and the Defence L/R to tight MAN marking and that has solved my problem big time ........so thanks again Houghy , you tactical Mastermind..

Nice tweaks mate i'll give them a try and see of they work for me too

I'm very glad your having success with huddersfield as thats where i'm from.

Archived