dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a note of Zavon Hines, he performed very well in my team all the way from the South to League Two... with 79 apps, 26 goals, and 16 assists... capturing 22 MOMs!

Sadly I let him go afterwards and he is stuck in the South with Lewes, but still performing well.

From 2008 to 2013 (what im in now), he has gotten 11 injuries... with only 3 a month or greater and most of them within a week... so not injury prone in my game.

Want some good pickups? Get Curtis Obeng... Man City dropped him for me in the South, and he's still amassing 40 apps for me in League 1... 205 apps for me in total, in his 5th season.

On a random note... has anyone else seen lots of teams docked points for going into administration? I've had Derby and Charlton in the Championship and Wigan in the Premiership all docked 9 or 10 points in the 2012/2013 season.

I've had a really tough time keeping my finances stable... with cups in the preseason, i normally start each season about +2million, and even though i stay around my wage budget I always end the season in the -$... and thats before the bonuses are paid out, which takes me back to about -$2mil each year. If it wasnt for preseason games and season tickets, I would be in so much debt right now...

Rashidi, it depends on your bank account. Im in between the CC1 and Championship (before the "league update") and can only scout the UK, but I do always start every season with a negative bank account... so if you keep your bank healthy, they will eventually let you wander off. Thankfully though I have tons of knowledge of the world and can still find some good prospects out of England.

kaNovi - congrats for the win and good luck for the prem! Great striker u have there icon_eek.gificon14.gif

Annihilator666 - nice work on completing the challenge!

rashidi1 - My first season in championship I could only scout UK but in my 2nd I could scout all europe, then in prem I could scout all the world

Bedford - Premiership - Season 16/17 - End Of Season Update

Finished my 2nd season in the Premier and again I was inconsistent but I managed to get in 13th place which is not bad. Also managed to win the League Cup and next season I will play my first European football icon_biggrin.gif

My chairman just accepted a 21m bid for my star player.. and my bank balance is really good icon_mad.gif

Some Screen Shots:-

Squad

Club Info

Confidence

Profile Updated

Table | Graph

Finances

Some star players :-

Machacek - revalation this season, the board just accepted a 21m bid..

Connolly - Top Goalscorer for the 4th season I think.

Murat Ali - great striker found from scouting turkey.

Karakas Baris - possibly my best youngster, turkish too.. icon_eek.gif

The game is seriously beginning to bore me. Every match it's the same thing. Stupidly high number of shots with my strikers missing at least 10 one on one chance between them, my defence parting like the red sea no matter what tactics i employ usually resulting in a 2 goal defeat and on the odd occasion we will snatch a draw from the jaws of victory after leading by 2 goals inside the first 20 minutes.

I have never had such glaring defensive problems that i haven't been able to fix with a shift in tactics or even change in personnel. I'm fresh out of ideas

Originally posted by rashidi1:

Can I get some feedback please?

I've noticed one thing...I'm in the championship and my scouts aren't allowed out of the UK, have any of you been able to send out scouts far and wide?

I've noticed from past experience that teams rated to struggle in the Championship are still restricted to the UK whereas mid-table and better sides are opened up to all of Europe. Might be the case if this is true that once your expectations rise you'll be allowed into the Continent icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by rashidi1:

Can I get some feedback please?

I've noticed one thing...I'm in the championship and my scouts aren't allowed out of the UK, have any of you been able to send out scouts far and wide?

My first season in the champs i could scout europe! now im in the first season in the Prem and i can scout the world.

I can have 7 scouts now, i could only have 3 in the champs

Originally posted by leth4l87:

i have a problem with the stadium name.. i have just built a new stadium that was supposed to be named bedford stadium but the name that appears is.. stadium:mk,Milton Keynes icon_confused.gif whats the problem??

Before building the stadium

after building the stadium with a future expansion

The board have probably decided on expanding the new stadium before you moved in and you are sharing MF Dons stadium until the work is completed.

Tiverton - Blue Square Premier - 2010/11 End of Season Update

Brief update this time, since I'm not really in a mood to dwell too much in this sucky season. Tiverton demoted back to BSS after finishing 21st, in a season in which none of our players managed an average rating above 6.80, our tactics didn't work until it was already too late, and bad luck struck from all sides. To round it up, we went into the last match of the season needing a win, and hoping Dorchester would draw or lose. In the end, Dorchester lost 1-3, and we drew 3-3 against Grays, conceding the draw in the 94th minute after a corner kick icon_mad.gif.

No shots for now, I only want to start the next season as soon as possible and forget about this quickly. Grmpf again.

After 19 years of:

1.Failed Cup runs (best being semi-final)

2.5 Promotions (BSS to Premiership)

3.Yo-yoing bank balance

4.Constant player changes

5.Constant staff changes

6.Fear of mediocrity

Chippenham town F.C have just been crowned Uefa cup champions for the season 2025/2026 with a 2-0 AET victory over Panionios.

Uefa cup success

Now this may be a bug but take a look at the stadium and capacity for a Uefa cup final, I was hoping for a bit more attendance money but I won so what the hey!!

19 years of screenshots available on request!! icon_biggrin.gif

Chelmsford Season 2014/15 League 2

Play off final

League table

Transfers

Squad list

And now on to League 1.

My finances are not great. I have 700k in the bank having paid out 500k in bonus payments. Good job I went up in the play offs as it made me 250k from the gate receipts

Still no sign of a new contract though. They want me, I want to stay!

Originally posted by freelinet:

Now this may be a bug but take a look at the stadium and capacity for a Uefa cup final, I was hoping for a bit more attendance money but I won so what the hey!!

The maximum capacity at Oriel Park is 12000.

So the only problem is that UEFA decided to hold the final at a fairly low capacity ground.

Congrats on the trophy icon14.gif

Originally posted by spankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

The maximum capacity at Oriel Park is 12000.

So the only problem is that UEFA decided to hold the final at a fairly low capacity ground.

Congrats on the trophy icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!

I've posted THIS issue in the bugs forum.

i've just witnessed a minor miracle. 3-0 down against merthyr tydfil with 15 minutes to go. my first choice strikers not on the pitch, and we go on to get one back. then another. now there's only 2 minutes plus stoppage to go. yep, in goes number 3. then... their striker goes down in the box, ref waves it away, then they score from a corner, no... wait, it's a foul. the final whistle goes, we've got a draw!!!!

My match of the season so far

Matlock 09/10 Review

The season started well for Matlock in there first season in the BSP. We were 1 and 2 in the table until December. Then our depth started getting exposed with the mass amounts of matches in short time due to Cup runs. League form suffered and we dropped. Cant say I was to upset when we were knocked out of Cups. Took some injuries in February . Luckily our early season form allowed us to limp into 5th place at the end of the season and secure playoff:

Table

Playoffs:

First Leg

Second Leg

Final

Matlock are promoted to League 2!! Now had we lost the playoffs I wouldnt have minded much as 1 more season in the BSP coulda helped the team develop more but cant turn down a promotion chance. Hopefully we can avoid a drop right back down next season. Hopefully Nottingham send some players down to help with that.

Squad

Best Player

Promotion

New Contract

Matlock are now a professional side. Now that I can get my coaches and players on full time contracts heres to hoping they develop quick.

Originally posted by freelinet:

After 19 years of:

Uefa cup success

19 years of screenshots available on request!! icon_biggrin.gif

I know you were only joking, but any chance you could post you all time best eleven and the history player of any "legend" of your choice.

Pretty please.

Congrats on the UEFA Cup icon14.gif. Ot's a shame about the low attendance but I suppose there are bigger fish to fry in the bugs forum. Haven't read your thread but I will do later.

Congratulations again icon14.gif.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Bradshaw for England !!!!

Brilliant icon_biggrin.gif :thup.

After posting in the last page that I couldn't "get into" following games such as yours, I am now hooked thanks to Bradshaw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha thats great icon_biggrin.gif

He got 2 minutes in a freindly against croatia and got a 6 rating.

He has some competition on that position, walcott(28) is really good and have better attributes, and Rooney is still strong at 32 years(so far scored 13 goals in 15 matches in the league)

Bradshaw

Doing just as good in the Premier League as all the other years. He have had a broken wrist witch kept him out for 4 weeks.

Im getting slighty concerned with hes injuries..

Bedford Town. 2009/2010. Blue Square North.

Table

Jarmy

My Player Of The Year; didn't really start well with only 2 goals in 10 games, but after that, damn!!

He was on fire for the rest of the season, really saved our arses a lot.

Ruddy

Him and Bullen were a rock at the back as usual when fit, barely anything got past him, which was typical because the other teams were carp.

Still, with Bullen retired now, a new defender is a must.

Magno

The third of my best players worth a mention, played on the right wing most of the season, but that didn't stop him from pitching in with a few goals, and a few handy assists as well.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Bradshaw for England !!!!

Brilliant icon_biggrin.gif :thup.

After posting in the last page that I couldn't "get into" following games such as yours, I am now hooked thanks to Bradshaw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jimbo - you might be pleased to know Jonny Harkness is still with me in 2015. I'll ost a screenie of him later. 248 games with 37 goals. Am sure if my right back chipped in with 6 goals a season I'd be a division higher.

Archived