dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Boreham Wood, The begining

This is my profile at the very beginig

This is the clubs infomation at the very begining.

Infomation

I am also playing with random players. I have cancelled the links Arsenal and Watford because the affiliations was just for friendlies. The board Have decided to give me Chelsea and they sent me 2 players. One of which is a leadinging star for a league one team according to my assistant manager icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second attempt... icon_razz.gif

Bedford - end of first season - 08/09

Table

Glory glory glory... A great season! First place and direct promotion. Things started a bit dodgy with a position 13 as the lowest, but after Christmas the team never looked back.

All credit must go to Zavon Hines. The Ex-West Ham-youngster I grabbed at the beginning of the season has been absolutely magnificent. 47 games - 75 goals! This guy scored so many hattricks I have lost count.

Veteran Mustapha Hadji has also been a solid performer in midfield, but he missed a lot of games because of injuries.

I didn't have much succes in the various cups mainly because Zavon failed to perform in key matches.

FA Cup exit in 3. QR

FA Trophy exit in second round

Setanta Shield exit in first round

That's it for now.

Best regards

Sumsar (AKA themr_n on the dafuge-webpage)

It's all over icon_frown.gif

My third season in League 1 was causing me a lot of problems, for some reason after two mid table finishes my team suddenly lost the ability to play football completely. I was struggling badly to find any decent players so my squad wasn't getting any better and I had resorted to experimenting with tactics rather than using my two systems that had served me so well so far.

I knew the board were not happy, but I was clear of the relegation zone and I had recently signed a new contract so I wasn't expecting the sack. I can't complain though, I was sacked for having a bad season, which was fair enough.

Looks like I'll be starting again then.

Originally posted by dafuge:

It's all over icon_frown.gif

My third season in League 1 was causing me a lot of problems, for some reason after two mid table finishes my team suddenly lost the ability to play football completely. I was struggling badly to find any decent players so my squad wasn't getting any better and I had resorted to experimenting with tactics rather than using my two systems that had served me so well so far.

I knew the board were not happy, but I was clear of the relegation zone and I had recently signed a new contract so I wasn't expecting the sack. I can't complain though, I was sacked for having a bad season, which was fair enough.

Looks like I'll be starting again then.

Gutted for you mate icon_frown.gif

They have a rep of 1000, but there doesn't seem to be anyone else managing them, so I've gone for Prescot Cables.

Good luck with them! i took them to the championship pre-patch, and they made some bad financial decisions to send the club in the ground! therefore i stopped the game.

But hopefully it has been fixed for the patch(im pretty sure it is)

The end of April is here, and with only two games to go, I find myself, amazingly, in 7th place---just 2 points shy of the playoffs. An amazing run from December (at one point a 7-game winning streak/9 games w/o a loss) catapulted me as high as 5th place (36th week).

Then a series of cruel matches----fixtures against 2, 3, 4, and 5th place teams respectively took the wind out of my sails. 2 losses, a draw, and a win dropped me to where I now sit. Meanwhile, the team which I displaced from the playoffs (Blyth), had matches against the 18th, 22, 14th, and 13th placed teams---and gathered just enough points to jump back ahead.

Two games to go...both are winnable---but I need to win to advance to the playoffs....can I achieve those heights in my first season?

Stay tuned....

Mid Season Update - Tiverton Town - 2008/09

My start in the club wasn't beauty. I signed some staff members, but I didn't get some really good players. It costed me a good start. The six first league games gave three loses and the same numbers of draws. But after that it was only going up for Tivvy. The big reason for the immediate good form were a big number of loans; ten loans from Plymouth, one from Cardiff and three from Exeter (all on own initiative). My team got many wins, and now, after 23 matches, we lay on the sixth best position.

Table

Alas, promotion was not to be in my first season. After storming back into contention from December through early April, a harsh schedule and a series of lackluster performances in my last two matches meant a 7th place finish for me.

Some highlights---highest scoring game: King's Lynn 6, Alfreton 4 --- watched by season record crowd of 1250 --- a game that the Lynets desperately needed to win to push into the top spaces --- and one which saw 5 goals in the final 15 minutes as Alfreton just wouldn't lie down.

New record top goalscorer---Chirs Brown (Loanee) at 36 (33 league).

Most goals in match -- loanee Chris Martin (4) (3 times) joint with Chris Brown

Most assists (loanee) Michael Spillane (14)

Highest average rating Chris Brown (7.56) (Chris Martin had an impressive 8.35 w/ 30 goals and 11 assists ---- all in only 17 matches!

End of season table:

season1endxs4.th.jpg

Top XI

season1xios1.th.png

Board were happy with my performance, only disliking one or two of my transfers in. After paying out squad bonuses, the team made a tidy £60K or so.... from which the board has offered me a hefty £300 in transfer funds for the next year!

AFC Wimbledon - End of Season 3 - Blue Square Premier

Table

FA Trophy Final

Squad

Transfers

Well what a season! I was aiming for a sneaky play-off place and relative success in the cups and I end up with a league title and the FA Trophy! I must say I thought I had blown it with a draw in the last game, but results fell kindly and AFC Wimbledon were promoted to League Two!

There were many other positives for this season besides the results - I gained Chelsea as a Parent Club in January, who then sent me some rather good players! Antonio Bryan was absolutely sensational this season, I have no doubt that without him I would not have won a thing. Finances are finally in the black, despite rather large bonuses for promotion and the cup win.

Hopefully next season I shall be able to consolidate in League Two and bring in some more quality.

My 2 Star Men: Antonio Bryan | James Derbyshire

Anyone else experienced this...?

Hi guys. I've just started my second season. the first season was a succes - I got promoted with Bedford due to a formidable first place icon_redface.gif)

But now I just cant get any new players..! In my first season I signed a whole new squad with a couple of fine players among, but now everyone hates Bedford.

Anyone got a clue why? Can offer twice as much in wage as before and my rep must have gone up...

On another sad note my chairman is being quite nearsighted with regards to parents club. He cant see why we should have one. Grrr!!

Tiverton - Season 2008/09 - Blue Square South

Well this was a season of two halves. When I joined Tivvy, they already had two parent clubs - both Plymouth and Exeter. They both had sent me excellent players for the season so I already had a good base. PLus the few youth teamers I also had were actually ok for once. So I was mildly optimistic for the season.

Up until Xmas we were doing fantastically considering I hadn't signed a lot of players. I barely had a full 16 to put out some games! We got as high as 2nd and were always floating around the top of the play offs.

Second half of the season we were much more inconsistent though. Injuries meant we were never settled in team selection and so we slipped a little down the league.

We finished in 5th position, qualifying in the last play off position. I was fairly confident in the play offs until we got 2 or 3 injuries to key players and we weren't quite as strong as we could have been.

We drew Chelmsford in the play off draw, and a 1st leg away draw gave me hope we could get through at home. However this game came at a price - we picked up another injury. The 2nd leg at home did not go so well and our season was over.

Key players for Tivvy - mostly out loan signings.

Samba - also won BSS Player of the Season

Reid

Casal

And a special note to someone I managed to pick up part way into the season for some experience - ex-England international Dion Dublin

So the next season beckons and I have told the board I will challenge for the title. I hope I don't fall flat on my face...!

BILLERICAY BSS 2008/09 SEASON

took over team with a couple of youth players and no coaches but on a good note team turned pro when gaining promotion to bss which helped to sign better players and this meant the 1st team looked like this and the best player according to the fans was jean-paul marna but on stats my player of the season was Zavron Hines my loan signing from the hammers who scored on average 1.256 goals a game in bss and was top scorer with 2nd highest scorer in the league 15 goals behind him

once the team started getting used to my tactics and each other we put in some good performances finishing a creditable 10th but from mid season onwards if we had scored a few more to win games it could have been better as from the graph you can see our league position stayed rather static

on another good note boards confidence in me is looking good and hopefully can improve on it next season and on another note my profile could do with improving abit

and the only worrying item during the season was the clubs finances but hopefully if we can string a cup run or two together these should take an upward turn other wise we might go into administration and the dreaded points deduction

so goals for next season:

1) avoid administration

2) try to get a parent club as board have rejected 3 times already my requset to link up with a higher team

3) sign a couple of good players or loan some in

4) try to gain automatic promotion if not then through the playoffs

5) go on a cup run to improve finances

Originally posted by leth4l87:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He's Back

Your player is quite amazing! But I've got one that can challenge him.. last 2 years hes been devastating..

Stats

how did you get that background lethal?

His History </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Britrock - Chelmsford City - 08/09 - BSS - End of season update

I finished second in the league behind AFC Wimbledon (even though I beat them comfortably both times we played) and ended up in the playoffs. Scraped past Newport Co. 1-0 on aggregate in the semi-final, before beating Basingstoke on penalties in the final.

The board were very happy with the promotion.

The team was made up of the normal assortment of free signings and loan players, with Heath, Liptak and Scannell being the standouts for me.

The tactics were 4-1-4-1, with everyone only being asked to do what they could. Built a strong defence, conceding only 30 goals all year, 14 less than the next team. Only got 59 in the other end, and drew a lot of games, but it's something to build from. I won a lot of games in the last 5-10 minutes and had quite a few come form behind wins.

The finances went from £20k in the bank to £150k as I averaged a healthy 1185 attendance.

Originally posted by Britrock:

Anyone know why I can't find the graph of my past positions during the season? There's no option under history, do I have to wait a few weeks after the season?

Click on the number of your position (e.g. 9th) on the league table.

Originally posted by leth4l87:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He's Back

Your player is quite amazing! But I've got one that can challenge him.. last 2 years hes been devastating..

Stats

His History </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah he looks really good.. lets see which one can score most for our clubs icon_smile.gif ( a little challenge in the challenge)

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Britrock:

Anyone know why I can't find the graph of my past positions during the season? There's no option under history, do I have to wait a few weeks after the season?

Click on the number of your position (e.g. 9th) on the league table. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ace, thanks a lot.

I don't remember there being a massive drop off in the middle of the season, but that must have been when I couldn't score to save my life. Then I found Scannell and I was off up the table again.

Hednesford Town 2010/2011

Blue Square Premier

Title: Missed out, probably for the best

Media Prediction: 20th

League: 4th

FA Cup: 1st Round Replay lost 2-0 to Brentford

Setanta Shield: Semi Final lost 4-1 to Grays

FA Trophy: 2nd Round lost 3-2 to York

Average Attendance: 1868

Top League Scorer: Dave Heagney (25)

Top League Assists: Elliott Bennett (16)

Top 3 League players: Dave Heagney, Liam Hughes, Elliott Bennett

We brought in 11 players and allowed 7 to leave. Ryan Shotton and Liam Hughes returned to the club again. Transfers

League:

Games 1-10: A great start picking up 18 points. We have shown well we can cope well with this league with only a 5-0 defeat by Oxford are only blotch.

Games 11-20: We still went well managing 14 points. We were positioned nicely well clear of the relegation places.

Games 21-30: A fabulous period getting 25 points. Very thing was clicking nicely with beating Grays 6-0 a particular highlight.

Games 31-40: We came back to earth with a bump here managing 14 points. We struggled to cope with a lot of fixtures in a short space of time.

Games 41-46: We won all 3 home game and a point on the final day against Grays was enough for 10 points and to secure a playoff spot.

League Chart Season Eleven History Eleven

Playoffs:

Rusheden were our opponents a team that we have had the better of this season. The game started well when Liam Hughes put the ball into the box for Patrick Bexfield to slam home. Rushden hit back on the 30 minute mark when they hit us on the break with Simeon Jackson showing good composure. We replayed instantly when Hughes saw a header saved fall straight to Bexfield for his 2nd of the game. On the stroke of half time things got even better when Adam Smith headed home an Elliott Bennett corner. We started the second half brightly with Hughes scoring from an Owain Warlow cross. Jackson proved to be a thorn in our side however providing the cross for Michael Malcolm to ive Rushden hope with the game finishing 4-2. First Leg

I changed to a 4-5-1 for the second leg to hold onto what we have got. It worked well until the 27th minute when Marcus Kelly took advantage of us unable to clear the ball properly. An excellent counter attack from Rushden saw David Poole cancel out our good work in the first leg. Things got even worse on the 39th as a great free kick from Ben Nunn put Rushden ahead in the tie for the first time. I changed back to the diamond at half time in hope to get back in the tie. It worked on the 71st minute with a stunning goal from Liam Hughes put us back in it. Sadly our celebrations were short lived when Lee Collins scored the decisive own goal meaning Rushden won 4-1 and a place in the final. Second Leg

Cup: We did well in the cups with the Setanta Shield in particular. We could have got to the final if we had not concentrated on the league.

Summary: A great season with the threat of relegation never been there. Our first team was very good with only the lack of quality with our back up players letting us down. I plan to make a few squad changes to hopefully take us on to the next level. A special mention for Dean Coleman who has played from start to finish of every game (166) since I have been in charge.

Hitchin League 1 - 2012/2013

After missing out on promotion to the Championship last season in the playoffs I needed to shake a few things up to improve things. I struggled for some goals and conceeded a few too many. So I managed to sign a pretty good keeper and a striker who is easily championship class.

Transfer History

Those signings paid off and we managed to win the league at almost a canter.

As well as a hugely successful league campaign we had some decent results in a couple of the cups.

The League cup was a wash out with us going out in the 2nd round. The FA Cup was a much different story.

The 3rd round saw us at home against Premier League side Derby. Luckily both my strikers were on form to record a 2-1 win.

The 4th round saw us away to Championship side Portsmouth and we recorded a good clean sheet and a single goal took us through

In the 5th round we got another home tie against fellow League 1 side Bristol Rovers. This was a tough game and we won thanks to 2 late goals from corners from a central defender.

The 6th round was a round too far. Premier League side Wolves got two first half goals to win the tie.

The Johnstone Paint trophy was another marathon, with one particular highlight being a big penalty shootout in the South Semi Final

As soon as I saw my keeper was going up to take a penalty I decided to go and make a cup of tea as I expected the shootout to last a while longer.

We eventually got to the final at Wembley against Bradford. We recorded a 3-1 win to take the trophy home. The highlight of the match being Bore's second goal fo the game, a 65 yard shot into an empty net as their keeper came up for a corner.

The squad needs to be improved upon for the Championship. As we were leaking quite a bit of money and only the gate receipts from the FA Cup run kept us in the black I suspected that I won't have any transfer budget next season. So I used a lot of the money that was left over to sign a new right back, winger and central midfielder for next season.

Joshua Lillis appears to be a keeper that will amke the step up a league. He played some heoric games, especially in the cup competitions against better teams.

Jamie Ward is another player who should be able to play in the higher league. He started of very well and got almost a goal a game, but the tail end of the season saw both him and his main striker partner Baidoo go through a number of dry spells.

Neil McLauglin has some potential. He did manage to score at least 8 goals for the first team this season. But for some reaso all records of those goals have been wiped since I sent him to Fisher on loan to get more first team playing time. He fully deserved his call up to the Scottish U21 side.

Guy Nicholls managed to step up and become first choice left winger. I lost count of the number of enquiries I turned down for him. Luckily I think that playing in the Championship next season will mean that he won't get too upset if I keep rejecting offers. Even though he was born in Wales he was capped by England U19s and during the summer was called up to the England U21 side and played a couple of games.

Next season

Try to stay in the Championship and hope that we don't go too far into the red. Finances are really tight and due to the loan for the new stadium that should be completed after the Championship season we'll be leaking a lot of money.

One big problem I've found is getting in better quality players. There doesn't seem to be many good quality free signings around. They mostly seem to be 4 star players. I did manage to sign an Albanian international striker who'll add soem physical presence to the strikeforce.

The other big problem is that I'm not enjoying this save at the moment. I'll probably take a break from it for a little while.

CatfishJack - Chelmsford City - 09/10 BS Premier - Season Review

Although this season could have been described as a success, it really wasn't very interesting. The board made no money available for Transfers , and with quality "free"s thin on the ground we made a very slow start to the season, the step up in class really telling. The media prediction of 22nd started to look realistic, until 10 or so games in when the team started to knit, loan signings found their feet, and we put together some results that took us to mid-table. And mid-table was where City stayed, never looking to threaten the runaway top 5 or to slip into the relegation zone again.

Progress

Aldershot took the title at a canter, having not been out of the top all season (and having led since the end of August).

Final Table

We crashed out of the FA Cup in the 4th QR, and lost a 2 goal lead in the 5th round of the Setanta, but again made it to the last 8 of the Trophy, losing at Grays.

Finances are still excellent, making 35k a month, and having nearly 600k in the bank at the end of the year. Finances The board aren't letting me spend any of it yet, and won't improve the youth facilities either.

The main issue with the Squad is the lack of strength-in-depth; the reserves and U18s both got hammered regularly and finished bottom of their leagues, and the close-season will be a struggle to get some better players in, especially in defensive areas.

The board are still happy - Confidence - but the fans keep getting bees in their bonnets about losing narrowly to good teams.

Final Position - 13th in BS Premier

Team awards - Adam Bolle - BS Premier Goal of the Season (although it really wasn't anything special)

Yeah he looks really good.. lets see which one can score most for our clubs ( a little challenge in the challenge)

yeh although he has played for only 2 seasons with me and not sure if I can keep him.. loads of offers coming in and my chairman.. icon_mad.gif lol

Season End - Boreham Wood - Premier League 20/21 CHAMPIONS

Table

Graph

WE WON !

Had not expected this after finishing 5th last season,i was only looking to qualify for CL. But 75 mio euros later my team stands on top of the league !!

We just played so nice football, and i must say i think we truly deserved this win !

2 games left of the season and we meet Aston Villa who are in 18th place. if we won/draw we would win the league. Which was very important as i would meet no 3 man utd away next game !!

Bradshaw lethal !! for the win!

Uefa Cup

First Knockout round i beat Roma 6-4 on aggregate.

Really class play by my team! especially Bradshaw !

Crappy play saw us losing to Man city. so thats it for the european adventure this time around.

League Cup

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2306/12092007173016jb7.jpg

Did great in every game to meet Man Utd in the Final!

Really an exiting game saw us win it 3-2 really great play by the guys indeed.

FA cup

Again great play by my boys, but we where defeated really unlucky by a lucky punch from birmingham in the semi!

I almost trough my laptop in the dumbster!!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8199/12092007193820fe8.jpg

The team :

Bradshaw

History

Im almost out of words to describe my favorite player. After a bad season last year i was thinking about dropping him.. but he proved himself to come back!

Winning the top goalscorer award!

Look.. 63 goals in 50 matches!!! why isnt this guy international?????

Mendes

Great player and a really important part of the team!

Becker

Bought him for 25 mio before the season, but was injuried alot unfortunaly. i had to sign another winger as mendes is also somewhat injury prone.

Field

Was bought just before the jan window closed, i think he will be an important part of the team next season

Ormaetxea

Romero

Another new signing! 25 mio icon_smile.gif

Veldhuizen

The next year i might go for a new DC, as my two great players sometimes get injured and my backup is not suffieceient.

My great goalkeeper Clark Is playing like ****! and i might look for a replacement

But if i do not get any new great signings i still feel like ill be able to pull off a title challenge.

Some more Screenies:

Manager overview

Information

Finances

Transfers

A very short 3 season update here. I've been swamped at work recently, and pretty much only play FM on my commute to work.!

Still, 3 seasons down the line, and ill just post mini updates to get it done.!

Season 5

Manager Profile

League Table

Team Sheet

Season 6

Manager Profile

League Table

Team Sheet

Season 7

Manager Profile

League Table

Team Sheet

Still in the BSP, It'll be my 7th season in the division next year, and after two mid table finishes in seasons 5 and 6, i wondered how i would ever get out. Season 7 was much better just falling off the pace for a play-off spot. Hopefully some more decent signings and a bit of luck, and i can finally get out of this division.!

Its doing my head in. Apart from the top division, this is the most seasons i've ever spent in one division.!

Cheers for reading, good luck.!

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazpeer:

After i got sacked, i have choosen to try again.

This time i am Chippenham

to bad with the sack icon13.gif

Good luck with the new club icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations with the Premer League :b

lethal4187 how did you get that background????

the one with the curved lines???

i just changed the default background used in the steklo vista skin..

Kanovi congrats on winning the prem icon14.gif

Bradshow is really something icon_eek.gificon14.gif very strange he isn't 1st choice for england, i'll be delighted if sibeko has the same history as bradshow..

Archived