dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC Wimbledon - Quick update - BSS

Table

as you can see, a good solid start. the only blips were a 3-1 away defeat to newport and a 1-1 draw at home to Bath

squad

As you can see, i'm a bit of a rafa, but i do know my best team, just haven't been fit enough to play them all together.

i usually have this guy in the hole, and as you can see, it pays dividends.

Originally posted by spankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Playoff Final

I take it their defence from the second leg of their semi turned up icon_frown.gif

Hopefully you can bounce back from that and don't suffer from the post playoff defeat headache like my Hitchin side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the kind words guys.

This is our second playoff final loss from League 2. Last time I was hoping for auto promotion in the following season and then failed to go near the playoff zone at all. This time I just want the team to stay together and start being consistently top 3 quality.

It's only taken 13 games but i have my first clean sheet icon_cool.gif. I've had to abandon my new short passing tactic and go back to something resembling my conference tactic of "Boot the ball up to Andy Caton and have him score" and it appears to be working.

Playoff Final

Unlucky mate icon13.gif

Bedford 2nd season in premier - small update

This season I'm struggling a little less than the previous year, currently 11th, just outplayed chealsea and beat them 4-2 icon_biggrin.gif (although they are in the relegation battle.. icon_eek.gif) One nice thing is that my feeder club Margate that are in blue square south and always fighting for relegation are now on the way of getting promoted thanks to 6 loans I gave them. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by westothebpow:

Say hello to the new managerof Tiverton Town!

Even managed to sign this young man.

Looking good, fairly well off financally and with the striker above I should be well set for life in the Blue Square South.

I've signed him, in my new game as manager of Tiverton. He's a cracking player for that level. Plymouth sent me another striker - Ruben Reid - and between them they rip up the BSS.

Well, after my Matlock game hit the wall, and I stopped enjoying it, I have decided to start the challenge again. I guess it was bound to happen anyway, what with my Matlock game starting before the 2nd beta patch... and I think 8.01 deserves a fresh start.

So here it is!

Margate - 08/09 - BSS Pre-Season Report

The arrival of Margate also known as 'The Gate', into the Blue Square South prompted chairman Andy Joyce to think fresh, and he decided to hire rookie manager Machine Gun Head to take the driving seat. Being promoted with only 4 signed players, all quite young, Gun Head has his work cut out for him.

Fans have begun to question his somewhat tentative approach towards the transfer market, wondering why he has only signed 'just' enough players to field a team. All the while the league comes closer and closer. Luckily for Gun Head, his new squad of players managed to brush Hucknall aside with a 2-0 away victory. Fans are attributing this to the fantastic signing of Zavon Hines. During a pre-season press conference, Gun Head had the following to say:

"To be honest, I'm as surprised as the fans that Zavon would even consider signing for us. In fact, so was his agent. As I handed in my contract offer for Zavon, his agent told me 'not to bother', but I did anyway. Looks like the first of many miracles for Margate!".

Various betting agencies don't see Margate leaping out of the Blue Square South, but don't expect them to drop back down into the backwaters of English football, Gun Head and The Gate are here to stay.

just got a touchline ban for 1 game? lol, although i was playing away at chester in blue square prem, played 6 w1 d2 l3 so far and was winning 3-2 having come from 2-0 down against an undefeated chester, the ref gave a penalty in the 95th minute when only 3 minutes were spose to be added on, i was not impressed so told the press..

i cant believe i wound down the clock and had 4 corners in a row then they broke and my player tripped their player when the ball was going out of play anyway, i hate my life sometimes, although i would have settled for the draw before hand icon_smile.gif

does this mean my assistant will take the next game??

Originally posted by westhamrob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">does this mean my assistant will take the next game??

yes, you will watch the game but your ass man will do the team talks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bless him he was doing well good at 1-1 away to rochdale till i was robbed with another dubious decision!! im gonna bite my cheek and decline to comment lol

dlnwba86 - Wimbledon - BSN - 2008/9

I took the wimps way out of this challenge by going for Wimbledon. I managed to get promoted at the first time of asking this time round, it was a close battle between ourselves and Havant & W.

League Table

It was primarily thanks to my loans of Victo Moses and Moses Swaibu that i managed to get promoted, although my squad was good enough without.

One very annoying point is the bonus awarded to the players, i was 180K in the black and after a bonus i'm now 100K in debt, surely this wouldn't be allowed in real life. It seems like the board should impose a bonus limit cos now i'm crippled. Thankfully the decent reputation means i can still atract some good young players released from championship clubs. Hoping for a top half finish next season. Still feel bad though...

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Back on my news screen I am greeted with 3 physio reports, inclusive of Tsvetan Filipov my most amazing midfielder of all time, and signed back when we were in the Conf South, is out for 3-4 months with a torn calf muscle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gilbster. Where did you get Filipov from?

I've never even heard of him?

Originally posted by kccircle:

Chelmsford Season 14/15 League 2

7 Games To Go

Form

Only 7 games left. We're sat pretty in 5th, but disappointingly enough we have dropped from 2nd.

Hence our poor position in the form table.

I really hope we can do it - another season in League 2 will be the end of me icon_frown.gif

This wont be a countdown by any means but I just lost vs 6th place Hartlepool (in the 90th minute). I haven't scored for 4 games now.

Luckily enough Andy Caton has just returned from injury. It's all going to be down to him

Originally posted by Gilbster:

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

C'mon boys, just one more match. Think the final should be against Brentford who were leading after the first leg 5-1.

Ok I'm scared, I called that completely wrongly. The second leg was won by Colchester 6-0 giving them a 7-5 aggregate win. Just hope I get their defence from the first leg! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

6-0 icon_eek.gif!

Were there sending offs or injutries or suspensions or something icon_biggrin.gif?

Gilbster. Unlucky on the playoff final, but your young guys will be a year older and a year more experienced next season.

stinger. Congratulations on your clean sheet icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif.

westothebpow. Welcome and well played on signing the legen that is Cherno Samba icon14.gif. (Just a shame that it's not FM08 he was a legend in. He's still good, don't worry) icon_wink.gif

kaNovi. I think Bradshaw might be setting records that will stand for a LONG LONG LONG time. Have you checked the records thread and seen what he and you can claim?

I don't know what sort of personal rules you play to, but have you considered checking his PA?

leth. Congrats on the League Cup win icon14.gif.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Back on my news screen I am greeted with 3 physio reports, inclusive of Tsvetan Filipov my most amazing midfielder of all time, and signed back when we were in the Conf South, is out for 3-4 months with a torn calf muscle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gilbster. Where did you get Filipov from?

I've never even heard of him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was rated as a league 2 midfielder from when I got him and is now apperantly a good signing for a league 1 club.

Found him on my player search screen thanks to that Bulgarian coach everyone keeps signing.

Filipov

History

And while I am posting this current season is just as frustrating as the past 3. I will hopefully squeeze into the playoffs if I am lucky.

Apologies if links dont work, only just registered for photobucket as I am sick of imageshack not wanting to work for me to half the time!

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

kaNovi. I think Bradshaw might be setting records that will stand for a LONG LONG LONG time. Have you checked the records thread and seen what he and you can claim?

I don't know what sort of personal rules you play to, but have you considered checking his PA?

QUOTE]

Hey jimbo..

Bradshaw just got injuried again for 2 weeks, it seems like he cant keep fit for more than 2 months this season!

I havent checked the record thread, i might just have a look!

I havent considered checking his PA, im against using those kind of things, but im keeping a safe game at hes peak, so i might just check it for fun when he retires!

Gilbster. Thanks for that icon14.gif.

I wish to God my scouts would just find some Conference National players. They keep finding me pishicon_mad.gif.

kaNovi. Glad to hear you haven't checked his PA. It will make his achievements all the more glorious.

Let us know how you & Bradshaw get on in the records thread.

My last 13 games have seen me score 8 goals and concede 10. The league graph for me is a downward slide and I'm now in danger of even missing out on the playoffs. Of the 13 games I've failed to score in 8. A case of what might have been!

Originally posted by kccircle:

Photobucket is much better - you can click on most images to increase size and also by doing so doens't bring up some poker pop up that evades my pop up blocker each time

Does it have a program where you just push a button it uploads the screen ? Because im using imageshacks quickshot, and its really easy

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Photobucket is much better - you can click on most images to increase size and also by doing so doens't bring up some poker pop up that evades my pop up blocker each time

Does it have a program where you just push a button it uploads the screen ? Because im using imageshacks quickshot, and its really easy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. I just copy screen, paste into paint, save and upload. My only problem is PC with FM on is connected via wireless adapter and the upload is slow sometimes.

Archived