dafuge's FM10 challenge

I only want a standard Nuneaton logo :)

You just want the Nuneaton logo I posted?

Nuneaton Logo

Config File

I've edited the config.xml file down so that it only refers to the Nuneaton logo. Stick them in a folder and load them up and that Nuneaton logo should be in your game (let me know if it doesn't work). If you meant you wanted a different Nuneaton logo then I can't help you.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just fired my game up for a bit of late night action. When I left it a week or so ago we'd played five league games (won 4, lost 1, scored 20, conceded 11) and won our opening CL group match at Fenerbahce. Let's see if I can pick up where I left off.

Thanks - I've now got some kind of logo ! heheh, still got the default one on the league table - but hey.. whatever :p

OK. Inside the folder you put the earlier logo I gave you, create a folder called 'small' and put these two files in it, then reload in the preferences menu, etc. It should give you the logo for the league table.

Nuneaton small logo

Config file

It's only a group stage game but Canvey 3 - 0 Real Madrid felt very good indeed :cool:

Sam Mills (the kid Arsenal snatched off me for £1.1M and I bought back for £12.75M five years later) is proving to be an excellent target man. He plays in the centre of my front three and brings my other two strikers into the game brilliantly. He's got six assists in eight starts so far.

OK. Inside the folder you put the earlier logo I gave you, create a folder called 'small' and put these two files in it, then reload in the preferences menu, etc. It should give you the logo for the league table.

Nuneaton small logo

Config file

I don't suppose you know anywhere you could find that logo in FM10 spec so it won't ruin the nice, neat alignment of league tables?

Sutton United - 2012/13 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 2rd

Final position: 1st

Final league table

Past positions graph

Finally! A good, solid season like this one could with the quality we had in the squad could only end with the title on the bag, and so it did. Despite some early hiccups, including Jabuti breaking a foot and missing the first five months of the competition, we got off to a decent start, and as soon as we took the lead we never let it go. The key to success was a small tweak in our flat 4-4-2 formation, going for a looser, less rigid style, and this paid off in the end.

The season wasn't as easy as the graph may make you think, though. At one point in early December Eastbourne Boro were only one point behind us, but a great run during the traditional Christmas Rush (for a change!) saw us opening a ten-point gap that was really comfortable and never shrinked until the end. Eastbourne sunk, even dropping from the playoff zone, and Eastleigh took the second place with ease in the end, only to fail in the playoffs again. Braintree, who were average at best throughout the season, snuck away with promotion after defeating Bath City in the playoff final.

---

FA Cup - The only real failure of the season. After two great runs in the preceding seasons, this time we could only manage to beat two teams before falling surprisingly against Weymouth in the 4th qualifying round.

FA Trophy - Better, but not as good as last year's final appearance. After some difficulties against Merthyr in the qualifying round, we grinded short victories against Grays, Hampton & Richmond and Histon before falling 2-1 at Forest Green in the 4th round. Not bad.

---

Players

Transfers

Props

- James Keatings: A great sophomore season for the young forward, leading the squad in goals scored and second in assists. He carried us through Jabuti's injury, and still managed some good showings when the Spaniard returned to reclaim his starting role.

- Jabuti: He's back. Oh boy, is he back. He could only play in the second half of the season, but still managed seventeen goals and an outrageous thirteen assists in only twenty-five appearances. He's starting to lose some pace due to age, but he's still that good.

- Mansour Assoumani: Our first full international player, 30-year-old Assoumani played a few games for his home nation, Comores, some of them in awkward dates. He was rock solid at the back, complementing and helping Mantovani, who also had a much improved season. Besides, their surnames sound well together :p.

- Kevin Roberts: Another new signing, Roberts came to show Dawson how it's done on the ball-winning midfielder role. His stats aren't that impressive, but he was a rock in our midfield, stealing balls left and right and adding some key goals and assists. And, even more important, not getting sent off every now and then.

- Richie Baker: The biggest surprise of the season. After an average debut year, Baker was supposed to be Greenhalgh's backup on the right wing (with Christian Nanetti making the left side his own), but once again Greenhalgh was "only" good, while Baker had a breakout season, with twelve goals and eight assists to his name, and stole the starting role in the end.

---

Next season's goals

I'll one-up the usual "just survival" goals after a promotion, since this one was expected and a bit late. I'm aiming for top half minimum, maybe with a look at the playoff spots if the chance presents itself. The first goal, though, is fixing our pitch. Ugh. Money may be a problem, too: no good FA Cup run -> red numbers.

Career so far

[font=Courier New]Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff final[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff semi-final, FA Trophy finalists[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13   Blue Square South        1st         Promoted as champions[/font]

:D

I appear to have gone to the Kevin Keegan school of management since we won the Premier League title. Scored 28, conceded 16 in our 8 league matches so far :D We're top of the table though, so I'm happy enough. And Man Utd are yet to win this season, so looking like their 3rd relegation from the PL in 5 seasons :cool:

Are all your logos in the same style?

They are now but not when I first used that style. I just downloaded the Level 7 logos, and by that time I was in the Premier League, and the clubs in there were all of a different style. Those logos are designed for FM10, so I'm surprised it threw yours out of alignment :(

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2035/36 & 2036/37

Unfortunately I had totally forgotten about keeping up with recording my career so for these two seasons I only have a selection of screenshots. I'll try and get the usual amount of screenies for the next season.

Long story short, I (during 2035) decided that like Dafuge is now trying, I would like to establish an entire squad of Dartford's own and have them challenge for honours.

And so the mission began...

I have sold a number of key players and pretty much every promising youth player that wasn't my own (big thanks to Man City for taking ALL of them off my hands.)

The only players I have kept are the veterans and the players who have a special relationship with the club. Unfortunately Tiaguinho after three seasons of wanting to leave, had bugged me enough and I got him sent off to Juventus for £20million.

I also managed to get back some of my promising youths who had moved on previously for good money. These are the only transfers I permitted into the club.

Transfers - 2035/36

The performances of the side began to slump almost immediately and in the first season (2035/36) we were pipped to the title by Birmingham of all teams. We did however find some positives from that season in that we beat Birmingham in the Carling Cup final and also managed to pick up the FA Cup trophy as well.

The next season (after more departures) seen us sitting around the 8th-4th spot for the nearly the entire but surprisingly enough we had a semi-decent run towards the end were we ended up closing in on 1st place Scunthorpe (..don't ask.) In the end Scuny pipped us by 3 points and we finished runners up yet again.

This year we did rubbish in every competition open to us.

Transfers - 3036/37

I'm really up for the challenge of getting these players up to the mark as currently Grgic and Karg (although I might sell the latter soon) are really dragging them through the mud.

This is the current squad and as you can see, potential or not, it's got a lot of work to do.

But I'm positive about it all. With the finances looking good as usual and having been named the greatest of all time finally, I can just sit back and see what happens.

---------------------------------------------

Internationally...

I failed with Spain big time as we crashed out of the Euro Play-offs to Portugal: Leg 1 Leg 2

As you can imagine..I'm starting to think international management just isn't for me.

I then got offered to Italy job again and I accepted it without even looking at the squad - when I did, I quit.

Then this summer (2037) Mother Russia came calling (always liked Russia for some reason) and I took over their team for their Confederations Cup campaign which we beat Argentina in the final on penalties.

---------------------------------------------

Club Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for Europa League
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, Europa League Winners, Qualified for the Champions League
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, Super Cup Winners

[i]Challenge Complete[/i]

2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CL finalists
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         PL runners up, Carling Cup Finalists, FA Cup Winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, Carling Cup Winners, CL Winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Finalists, CWC Winners, CL Winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  2nd         n/a

International Career Overview

Season    Nation                   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Hired by Brazil[/b]

2027/28   Brazil                   N/A
2028/29   Brazil                   Qualified for the 2030 World Cup

[b]Sacked by Brazil[/b]

[b]Hired by Italy[/b]

2030/31   Italy                    N/A
[b]
Resigned from Italy[/b]

[b]Hired by Holland[/b]

2032/33   Holland                  Semi-Finalists in Confederations Cup
[b]
Resigned from Holland[/b]

[b]Hired by Spain[/b]

2034/35   Spain                    N/A

2035/36   Spain                    Lost out to Portugal in the Euro play-offs

[b]Resigned from Spain[/b]

[b]Hired by Italy (again)[/b]

2035/36   Italy                    Upon quickly realising the Italy squad is worse than when I managed it before I decided to not bother

[b]Resigned from Italy (again)[/b]

[b]Hired by Russia[/b]

2037      Russia                   Winners of the Confederations Cup

Cambridge City 2013/2014 season review

I'm too gutted to do one.......... because of this

I'd hovered around the play-offs all season after my media prediction of 17th, and clinched a Play Off place with a game to spare.

So, it was Snackpot County at home - who I managed to beat 2-1 and then for the return leg at Edgeley Park.

As you can see, they raced into a 2-0 lead giving me an aggregate deficit of 3-2, when just after half time, we scored, levelling the tie.

There I was, all geared up for extra time when in the 4th minute of Fergie Time, they got and scored a penalty....... I was devastated!!

The cups - nothing to write home about.

All this as well as turning down the opportunity to be the manager of Hartlepool and Crewe Alex.

Next season - hoping for a promotion challenge (obviously), and a good goalscorer..... it was my lack of goals during the season that ultimately cost me, as my defence was pretty good.

Just before the end of the season, I signed Vincent Pericard on a free and he'll join me on July the first........ hopefully he'll be the answer.

My other MAJOR concern is my spiralling debt - almost £300k and our gate receipts are bobbins as we only get crowds of between 5-600

My internet has been down for 2 weeks so its taken me ages to catch up.

Well done to those who have got promotion in their leagues and to Terk and Almondo who are in touching distance of completing the challenge.

Gentlemen, I have a quandary.

After a fairly hectic schedule, I decided to rest my first team with a home game against Rotherham in the JPT on the horizon (we're in L1, they in L2). My second string hammer them 5-1, showing impressive composure in front of goal and motivation too. Only...it was a league game (Rotherham flitting just above relegation, I later found out...), and it was our best performance this season by miles!

So...what do I do?

So gonna see about starting this up again tomorrow. Think I'm in October now. Youth facilities upgraded to adequate and am in the top half of the league. Found myself leaking money now by buying one too many players than needed. :D Planning to sell some players next year though to make room for some of my youngsters. Players getting used to the formation change and I'm still in touching distance and all competitions so by the time the staidum upgrade is completed next game month I expect us to be on a steady stream of results expecting some financial boost from the extra 10k+ seats.

I think I have Copa America with Brazil next year. Been playing some friendlies against fodder opposition to try out some players who've been performing well at domestic level. Will ramp up the difficulty level soon though in an aim to test out who's ready for the challenge of being Wordl Cup and Copa America winners. The next season update will be then and hopefully the new facilities will bring through more youth quality. That's the plan now that I'm established. To buy in and bring through yong players who're ready for the Prem. Will still have to keep a lot of the established guys I have but expecting to trim some vets as I have enough players entering their prime and the bench will be for youth now.

I have an inordinate amount of love for the times when your players dominate the Player of the Month award.

Right now (forum curse be damned) we're on course to hold onto our title, we've only dropped five points in the first fifteen games of the season, we've scored fifty two goals in those games, and after leaking like a sieve early in the season we've tightened up the defence as well. We've qualified from our CL group with a game to spare and we're into the quarter finals of the League Cup. All going well so far.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2044/45

Last season was a big year for the all-T&M squad as they got back to winning ways with a major European trophy in the Europa League. This year we were looking to win one of the big ones, the Premier League and the Champions League.

League Table

League Positions Graph

This was a superb achievement as our league form finally returned to help us win the title. The decline of Stoke helped us but Spurs and Watford provided us the challenge.

UEFA Super Cup - a convincing win over a good Juventus side.

Carling Cup - we looked set to retain the trophy as we charged towards the final. Things didn't quite go to plan as we conceded an early goal, but a late equaliser put us back on track, only for our goalie to put it into his own net in injury time.

FA Cup - another cruel cup loss as it looked like taking the game to a replay would be good enough to see us through.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was routine stuff, although the opening game was a bit of a shock. After losing 2-1 at home to Juventus in the semi final, it looked over. When we went away and went 1-0 down it looked definitely over. I threw the kitchen sink at them at it paid off, with two late goal to take it to extra time. We held off, looking for penalties when this happened.

Squad - a few injuries this year has meant plenty of players got a chance. The attacking midfield unit is still weak but with good strikers we are now managing to score.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Bowles - after 14 years at the club he's decided to move on, joining Barcelona for £7m.

Paul Moran - he top scored for the club but seems to lack the fitness to play every game.

Julian Cockerill - almost a forgotten man, he had a great goal return this year.

Craig Sills - without him we would be no where, he had a great year.

George Fry - another key player, I'd worry if he got injured.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists

Next Season

The title this year was a bit of a shock and I'm not convinced how easy it will be to repeat it next year. Obviously the Champions League was a disappointment, but at least we know we are capable of doing well in it.

Merthyr Tydfil Premiership 2032/33

Table

Positions

League Cup - Finalists

FA Cup - 5th Rd

I started the league campaign fairly well without hitting the heights i expected. However by october it had all fallen apart as the senior players turned in some really awful performances and i slid down the league. My form picked up after xmas as i picked some of the younger players in the team but i stayed in midtable and way off the european places. The problems were caused by so many players wanting to leave for a bigger club and the morale suffered as a result.

I put out a mixture of reserves and first teamers in the league cup and they reached the final before being outclassed by Man City 1-0.

In the FA cup i had lost 2-1 to Man City only 2 weeks before the league cup final.

My form in the CL was very different as i was generally strong in most matches.

With a tough group of Bayern, Nantes and Sporting i topped the group after 2 draws against Bayern. In the first knockout round a 3-0 home win was enough to get past Marseille. I easily went past Benfica and was surprisingly comfortable against Arsenal in the semi's when i could have won by more.

Run to Final

I faced Bayern again this season and the final was another very tight affair with the only goal in the 89th minute.

Transfers

My only major purchases were Marini as the fourth striker and Joyce as a promising right back, signed from under Liverpools nose as they hadn't offerered him a FT contract as he had only come though a few weeks earlier. A few reserve players left, Victor was 3rd choice left back and not really near the team. Perez had been displaced as backup by Joyce and was sold. Ramos and Antonio were also surplus.

Colwill came through the youth ranks as a good prospect.

Squad

Mucked up the player screens so they are from dec of the following season, some attributes have changed for a few players and stats are different. This is the squad that generally played for the CL winning season and the title winning season the year before.

Paulinho and Hadland shared the goalie position between them depending on their form.

Hagelstein has been long serving although his form was indifferent and Joyce played a lot in the mid part of the season.

Djokic had been my first choice left back the season before but his form was so bad he played only a few games after oct, Bartolini took over with great affect.

In the centre Osbourne and Stojanovic are the main men with Castillo showing his age and relegated to a backup player.

In midfield Francisco and Hernandez started as my first choice pair but Hernandez was poor and was replaced by Villalba. Bianchini declined badly over the season to become 5th choice, Andre was the other backup.

On the right Aslan was immense, Rivera filled in when Aslan was unavailable.

On the left Nogueira showed inconsistant form and Morris showed real improvement when he wasn't injured, Morris is the only player to come though my youth team.

Up front the strikers have been really disappointing, De La Fuente was the best of them, Sergio and Abraham struggled and Marini came in to be first choice for the second half of the season and score the challenge completing goal :D.

Star Player - Very easy, although not rated my best player Aslan was miles above the rest averaging 7.5

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None