dafuge's FM10 challenge

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them, as long as you have them at the club on trial so you can get a coach report on him.

Why is this?

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oxford City - Season 2012/13 - Blue Square Premier

Pre-Season, and all the hopes and expectations therein

Same as usual, useful tour followed by regulation victories, regulation-running-bigger-teams-close and regulation money-spinner. It's standard procedure.

Transfers

Stripped the deadwood, and barring Chris Westwood all of our free transfers were an inspired bit of business - Danny Joyce doing very well late in the season, after we'd had him on loan last season. Jacob Walcott solid across midfield as well.

The Season!

Amazingly, we managed to eclipse our start to the season - we won 6 games in a row, defeating Wrexham on the opening of the season again before largely hammering Histon, Salisbury, York, Hereford and Eastbourne Boro. Billy Clarke couldn't stop scoring at this point - after 6 games, his tally stood at 8. He added another in the next game but we couldn't stop a solid AFC Wimbledon team scrapping it 2-1. We then lost shockingly at home to Kettering - sorry, to Anthony Elding, who scored a quite magnificent hat-trick. A scrappy win at Corby brought a long-term injury to Billy Clarke, who would never recover his early imperious form. Worse still - our next home game was to moneybags Farsley, beneficiaries of a ridiculous takeover. Christophe got us started with a cracker from outside the area, before classy finishes from Reay and McLeod, playing in place of the injured Clarke. Farsley netted a consolotation with an own goal, but we were sitting pretty at the top of the pile.

Superb wins at Bromley and at home to Stevenage came next, before a shocking run of 3 games that netted 3 goals and only 2 points...and another defeat to Arcelona FC, also known as Oxford United, Clarke's goal preceding another collapse to their strike force of Constable and Miller. Successive awesome wins against Dag & Red and Macclesfield steadied the ship before Northwich held an awesome defensive display to pip us 1-0. Still unsure how they didn't finish higher with their bafflingly brilliant defense. A smash and grab 3-2 from Aldershot's battlers was followed by a tough draw at Kidderminster, and our next run of games seemed even then as season defining: 8 games against teams around us. Yeah, 8.

We won 6, drew at Wrexham, and only lost at Sailisbury. Our goalscoring form was so, so good - 22 goals, with Revell starting to hit his majestic heights from last season, contributing goals as well as assists. At the end of this, we were sat 2 points clear of Farsley, who were following us like a terrier. Elding overpowered us again, with his solitary goal the difference at Rockingham Road, before we showed our class against Corby. With Farsley now ahead of us, we had to prove ourselves in the next game - at Farsley. We huffed and we puffed, but they comfortably beat us 2-1, despite some fantastic spirit from Alex Revell, who scored our only goal.

Braces from new hitmen Revell and McLeod saw off Bromley in a 5-1 win, before our inconsistency from last season came to haunt us once again, though we weren't helped by an injury to JF Christophe, our key DM who we never really replaced. 2-0 at Stevenage? Answered with disappointing defeat to Chester and yet another loss to rivals Oxford, Revell on target as we capitulated 3-1. Superbly beat Barrow with a Revell hat-trick, and then Ebbsfleet, which kept us well secured in the play-offs, but the defeats to Dag & Red and Aldershot ended our title campaign. With third place secured, I fielded our youngsters in our last 3 games in which we actually stayed unbeaten, but only got one win, at home to bottom club Fleetwood, Fitzharris with the decisive goal. So, to the play-offs.

We were drawn against Dagenham And Redbridge, who we'd exhanged away wins with during the season, but there was to be no repeat of that as we slipped 2-1 at Victoria Road, McLeod netting a crucial consolation in the last few minutes. The reverse tie featured a return from 4 months of injury setback for Lubomir Michalik, who I decided to risk despite being partially fit and not having played since the turn of the year. Would he carry on as his dominant early form suggested he could?

An Izale McLeod goal on the break in the 35th minute got us going, but in the second half Dagenham pummelled us before we got a rare corner. Chris Herd lifted it in for - who else? - Michalik to power in a header. We survived the last 20 minutes, and we were on our way to Wembley to face Aldershot, who stunned Farsley 3-0 on aggregate.

Aldershot had done the double over us, and their aggressive wing play as well as pacy forward Yann Ekra was a massive threat. Despite this, chances in the first half were few and eventually finished 0-0. On the break, McLeod snatched his 3rd consecutive goal in the play-offs, before Ekra pegged us back 12 minutes later. Neither team could break the deadlock in normal or extra time, as tired legs reduced the number of clear-cut chances. It was time for a penalty shoot-out...and no Oxford City player had yet missed a penalty in my management.

Aldershot went first, Milson firing over. Adam Virgo stepped up for us. Post. 0-0.

Chalmers and Marwood sent the keepers the wrong way. 1-1.

Soares and James Clarke both buried theirs. 2-2.

Ekra, so often a thorn in our side, stepped up, weak, SAVED! by Lewis Price. Danny Joyce, only here on a short-term contract after Christophe's injury, showed no nerves and made it 3-2.

Winfield had to score, and did so. Our last penalty fell to Ryan Green, a full-back I signed who continually moaned at never having first-team football, who couldn't get into the team with the form of Gallagher and Eastmond, who had failed to impress me all season, calmly blasted it into the net and we were going to League 2.

Final League Table

Wrexham snatched it from Farsley - they were 8 points clear with 6 games left!

Positions Graph

Easy to see the undulation in our form.

Stats

Nick Buxton comes off as quite a decent player here...

Squad (End Of Season)

Solid, if a little too big. Lewis Price never missed a game.

Finances (End Of Season)

Slightly more profitable than last year, we still needed a cash injection.

FA Cup

No.

FA Trophy

Pathetic.

Key Players

Lubomir Michalik

The legend. Got us to Wembley, and generally didn't mess about at the back. My new favourite player.

Chris Herd

Never seemed to play that well, but he nailed some delicious passes and finished with loads of assists.

Alex Revell

Broke his own goalscoring records, broke his MOM record, what more can I say?

Izale McLeod

Pacy as hell, really came into his own with important goals during the season.

Jean-Francois Christophe

L.E.G.E.N.D. Never messed about in the tackle, we sorely missed his presence and 30 yard screamers.

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North            2nd         Play-off winners
2011/12   Blue Square Premier         11th        -
2012/13   Blue Square Premier         3rd          Promoted via play-offs

Next Season

Survive, and sign players that will stay the course.

Started with a few free and loan signings. Got Nottingham Forest as a parent club :)

Won first friendly 3-1 away to Redditch.

Can somebody answer me this?:

Should I put updates every month, or every 3 months, 6 months or season etc?

What do people normally do? I don't want to overpost, but I don't want to underpost either.

Started with a few free and loan signings. Got Nottingham Forest as a parent club :)

What do people normally do? I don't want to overpost, but I don't want to underpost either.

Every Season. Thats what everyone seems to do :)

You can also just note along anything key you consider. No reports needed as such, only at end of season.

Been up all night pretty much with my Farnbo save

Farnborough

Season: 2010/2011 @ Nov

A good pre-season campaign had me in a tizzy as we lost only once away to Northwich, beating Grimsby on the way. the good form, in the end proved to be nothing in the league.

The start of the season saw us carry this form on and we had a comfortable 3-0 win away to Weymouth. Then, the tide turned. next game we lost 1-5 at home to Bromley(What i didnt know at the time was that they are at the begining of November runnaway leaders). Good draws away to Bishops stortford and Staines kept some point comming in. But defeats to Maidenhead and a 1-4 loss to Lewes say the team have a dip in confidence and morale. It was time for the reserves to shine with no less than 5 players making thier league debut at home to Gloucester. in a quality match youth player Smith scored a hat-trick on his debut in a 4-3 win. the lads deserved another chance but three consecutive 0-1 losses away to St. Albans and Basingstoke and then away to Salisbury in the FA cup led me to give a shake up in the tactics department, changing from a 4-4-2 diamond to a more attacking 4-3-3, attack the best form of defence judging by our goal scoring record.

Since the tactical change, results have improved and with most of the top players back(pretty much my whole midfield out for a couple of weeks prior with flu) a good 1-1 draw with Truro and 0-0 away to Sutton Utd. 2 losses followed at Havant and at home to Dartford.

At the 1st Nov were hovering in 19th place, only above Truro Weymouth and Gloucester look doomed with 5 points from 13 games, saying that we only have 10 ourselves!. and the Janurary transfer window cannot come soon enough. This is going to be a season of survival rather than glory, but maybe the home draw with Maidenhead(fellow stugglers) may bring some welcome league relief.

My goalie just scored his fourth of the season from the penalty spot! Now we've got 9 games left of the season and we're 4 points clear at the top of the BSS. Our form remains good, but a few injuries and suspensions are making things a bit tricky.

2024-25 Carshalton Championship 22nd Relegated

Just a quick review here whilst I am at school and unable to access FM.

Basically, I told the board that I would avoid relegation, but unfortunately I didn't. Stayed in 22nd place for the last 24 of the 46 games in the season, which was rather bad tbh. Typically though, I beat champions Bristol City 1-0 away on the last day when it didn't matter.

Got to the 4th round of the Fa Cup, where Tottenham once again beat me, and got to the second round of the League cup where Stoke beat me.

Board want me to get a top half position in League 1, and the media predict 7th, so I took the lowest expectation as the others didn't offer more wages, but plan to get promoted back to the Championship at the first attempt.

Hi guys,

I´ve been trying out this challenge with Banbury and am enjoying my best FM save in years!

Struggled in the Blue Square South for the first 3 years with mid-table mediocrity, almost gave up on it, but eventually put together a decent squad and got promotion (I probably trialled 90% of the free transfer market...hehe.). The next season I won the BS Premier and the FA trophy!!

This season we became a professional club which meant that young players released from Premieship and Championship sides were interestet in joining. They have been a godsend! Managed to get some really good youngsters (for this level..) that way and am now 2nd in the league with 3 games to go, 2 points of the leaders. My next game is against the team in 3rd place and the game after that is against league leaders Oldham. Oh, the suspense!

We did not do well in the cups but we have a very small squad so that may have helped our league form actually. I´m proud to say that I have yet to pay a transfer fee and have two youth team products in my starting XI one of wich is my top scorer and is being chased by Championship sides.

I´ll finish my season tonight. I´ll tell you how it goes...

In my farnbo save, i dipped to as low as 2nd from bottom with 11points to make up just to get out of relegation. since that low on boxing day, i few inspired signings and a change in assistant manager have kinda turned things around. im now only 4points behind truro and its a battle to avoid relegation between us 2 and Staines, it looks like Weymouth are going down and Gloucester were doomed 3months into the campaign. just 8 games left, its gonna be a nail biter

A fantastic 4-0 away win over Maidenhead (with an almost entirely second-string side) has secured us the BSS championship with two games remaining! It has been a pretty bizarre end to the season, with us managing to get some consistent results (I won manager of the month) in a period where I felt we were playing our worst football all season.

omg omg omg omg, I just jumped up in the air lol

3 games to go and im 7 points adrift of Dover and Truro. An 85th and 90th minute strike from my top scorer pulled off an unbelievable comeback over Salisbury, in return Truro won so they are now safe, Dover meanwhile could only draw leaving them 5 points clear with 2 left.

next comes an away trip to 7th place Woking who took an early 2-0 lead. but a spirited 2nd half performance dragged it back to 2-2. at this point we were down but a penalty in the 88th minute saw us win the game in most unlikely circumstances 2-3, plus it was our first penalty ALL SEASON! Dover drew again meaning we need to win away to 13th place Eastleigh and Dover need to loose to bottom club Gloucester. its a tall order but at least we have a superior goal difference not to worry about...lets see how it goes :s

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - BSS 2011/12

Blue square south - League table - Positions graph

Media prediction - 13th

Final position - 1st

We had a pretty consistent run near the top of the table for most of the season, but we were usually only one or two points clear in first until the end of the season where we established a wider margin. Strangely, our best run of results came while our team were playing their worst football. I attribute our success mostly to the form of our star striker Steven Lennon, who just wouldn't stop scoring.

Squad info;

Squad selection info

Transfers

Key players;

Steven Lennon - ST - The Scottish striker joined us on a free transfer from Rangers after a loan spell at Lincoln city, and soon proved himself to be a goalscoring sensation in the BSS. Lennon ended the season with 35 goals, 9 assists, 13 MoM awards and a 7.49 rating. Form which saw him named as the BSS Player of the season and BSS Top goalscorer.

Ashley Watson - AML - His second season with Merthyr and hios best performances yet. Watson was a creative force down the left wing, scoring 6 with 8 assists, 4 MoM awards and a 7.28 rating.

Rhys Meynell - DLC - Rhys has been with the club since before I joined and has established himself as our first choice left-back over the past two season. This term a series of solid performances at both left-back and centre-back earned him a 7.08 rating.

Season           League            Position              Other achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11           BSS                11th       
2011/12           BSS                1st                 League champions                 

Plans for the future...

I expect the squad will need some extensive strengthening to compete in the BSP. I have made some good signings already (as can be seen in Transfers) which should really add to the squad. But we really need a quality goalkeeper (Despite my love of my penalty taking keeper Ryan Griffiths) and more technically capable centre-backs. Hopefully Lennon can take his form through to the BSP and i'll be hopeful of avoiding relegation.

So, I have two back up strikers who are at logger heads with each other, so I decided I would put a test on them two by putting them up front in a friendly against Shamrock Rovers, I won 8-0, one of them scored 4, the other scored 3.

For a challenge I put in no subs on the bench, (as I holiday through friendlies, and the ass man has a tendency for 5th-15th minute subs) so from the 4th minute I played with 10 men, and still won 8-0 :D

Reaching the FA Trophy final beating Cambridge 4-6 on aggregate after an epic 2-3 win on their stadium while still in the BSS is nice. Leaving the stadium with FIVE new injuries is not as nice, specially when I'm in the middle of a cutthroat fight for the BSS title against Salisbury, one point behind with nine games remaining. Bittersweet.

FC United of Manchester - Premier League - 2016/2017

The Premier League journey begins

Our Premier League journey began with the board expecting me to fight relegation, the media predicted 20th surprisingly. The board gave me 30m to spend, despite only having 10m in the bank.

Transfers - A huge change. Lots of money spent. I may have sent the club into the red. The bit that you can't see is just the total, which was 30.5m

Position Chart

Table

A good first season in the Premier League in my opinion. Some big wins including 1-0 over Liverpool. The only problem was we lost games in stupid ways, we'd lose big leads, or be beaten or taken to a draw by seemingly constant offside goals. The ref's were not our friends this year.

Squad - The only ones missing are the loans who left prior to the end of the season, see the transfers for them.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Daniel - My star defender. 33 games, 5 goals, 5 Man of The Match awards. With an average rating of 7.36, he was our best player throughout the season. Emmanuel Adebayor came close to this award, but because Daniel played more games, I decided to give it to him.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

Our 4-2 win against Newcastle in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Fan's Player of the Year

Daniel

Confidence

Finances - We managed to work our way back up from my spending spree, only to go back into it in January. Which we also worked our way out of.

The plan for next season is a top half finish.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       15th
2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st              Promoted - Champions
2013/14        League Two                6th              Promoted – Playoffs
2014/15	       League One		 1st		  Promoted - Champions
2015/16        Championship              5th              Promoted - Playoffs
2016/17        Premier League            11th 

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2042/43

This was an exciting year for us as we moved into Dafuge Arena and played ourt first season with a squad made up entirely of youth products.

League Table

League Positions Graph

The graph says it all. We just needed a draw away to Everton to qualify for the CL, but despite winning at half time, we lost 3-1.

Community Shield - we were a bit unlucky, it could have gone either way.

UEFA Super Cup - unlucky again, although the penalties were awful.

FIFA Club World Cup - the final was simple, but the semi was epic.

Carling Cup - an ex player in Adam Bowditch and Everton knocked us out.

FA Cup - another explayer in Richard Jones and Stoke knocked us out.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was shock as failure to win our final match meant we did not qualify for the next round.

UEFA Europa League - it was a good run and we almost made the final, but a missed penalty gave Everton the bragging rights once again

Transfers - just the last player leaving.

Squad - the squad is young and lacking quality, which made a difference this season. Hopefully things will improve as time goes on.

Key Player Profiles:

Brian Jones - with Jon Punal leaving, goals was my main problem and although he hasn't become the quality striker I was hoping for, he scored a decent amount.

Geoff Bowles - he's getting on but he did well enough.

George Fry - the rock at the heart of my defence.

Brian Brown - the new star, who is forming a great partnership with George Fry.

Alan Franklin - as Stuart Talbot struggled, I brought Alan back in which helped us pick up a little bit.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners

Next Season

Missing out on the CL was a massive blow, so it is a priority for next season. All cup competitions will be put to one side as we focus on the league.

Sutton United - 2011/12 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 3rd

Final position: 2nd

Final league table

Past positions graph

So angry right now, so I'll keep this short :mad:. We got off to a fantastic start of the season, managing a run of 20+ games unbeaten that brought us to a comfortable lead on the table, while also pushing us along in the cups. Our strikers were humming along nicely, scoring for fun and profit despite some annoying injuries. But another winter slump saw our consistency vanish into thin air, and we couldn't manage four straight wins for the remainder of the season. Soon Salisbury took the lead, and although we recovered a bit in February/March, another slump near the end of the season crushed our chances to win the league, and in the end we were content with repeating last year's second place.

Our "reward" for being the best of the playoff teams was facing off against our worst nightmare in the BSS so far: Havant & Waterlooville. We had only won once against them in five games before the playoffs. The count now is one in seven. After a promising first leg that ended in a 1-1 away draw, and after taking the lead at home, a stupid goal after a stupidly bad clearance by our stupid defenders and an even more stupid penalty kick destroyed our chances of promotion, once again. Havant went on to win the playoff final against Eastleigh, so at least we won't have to face them next year... :mad:.

---

FA Cup - The cups were the bright side on another bitterly disappointing season. We couldn't reach the heights of last year in the FA Cup, but we still managed a very respectable 2nd round, after beating Tonbridge (7-0), Hastings (1-1, 3-0 on the replay), Eastbourne Boro (2-2, 3-1 on the replay) and Worcester (1-0). In the 2nd round, we forced yet another replay game after drawing 3-3 at home against Lincoln City, but clearly lost 4-1 at their stadium. A decent run in any case.

FA Trophy - The highlight of the season for sure. After an easy start against Ramsgate, we got rid of Dorchester, Gateshead, Darlington and Fleetwood before facing Cambridge United in the semifinals. A double 3-2 win for us gave us the chance to play in Sutton's second FA Trophy final ever. Problem was, Hereford were the better team that day, controlling the game with ease and beating us 3-1 in Wembley. Still, the income from the 22.000 tickets sold for the final were enough to see us end the year with a marginal profit.

---

Players

Transfers

Props

- James Keatings: A late signing, the ex-Celtic youngster joined us on January to give us a spark we were sorely needing by then. A bit of a lite version of Jabuti, his pace and dribbling made him a constant threat to opposing defenses, and scored with a much welcome consistency. Seventeen goals in twenty-six appearances, half of them as a substitute, is quite a good haul for a mid-season signing. Next season he's likely to share starting minutes with Jabuti.

- Declan Bunting: John Marquis did return for the new season, but he was soon overshadow by our new starting target man. Bunting, like the rest of the squad, had a fantastic start of the season only to fade away a little after Christmas, but he had an excuse: injuries. Still, he recovered and scored some very important goals in the final months, while also enabling his companions with his nods and through balls. A great signing for us, and one with lots of future.

- Luke Carding: Signed on loan as an emergency backup for our left wing, Carding started slow with some sub-par performances, but soon picked up his play, becoming a key part of our attack in the final third of the season. He outperformed Ben Greenhalgh on the left wing most of the time, which is no easy task.

Slops

- Jabuti: Judging by his numbers, Jabuti had a solid season. What the numbers don't tell is his constant injuries and total lack of consistency. He disappeared for weeks at a time, before suddenly coming out of nowhere to score a hattrick, then disappearing again. He was a non-issue again in the important games, and despite starting both the FA Trophy final and both playoff games, he never did anything relevant. Solid, but he could and should have done much better.

- Stephen Dawson: Signed to become the leader of our midfield, he had a decent debut season, but failed to perform in the important games and dropped his form dramatically in the second half of the season. He topped it all by conceding the penalty kick that gave Havant & Waterlooville the win in the playoff semifinal.

- The whole defense: They simply weren't up to what was expected of them, pure and simple. Not their fault, though: I just couldn't find anyone who was both good enough and interested in playing for us. The only promising signing was ex-Atlético de Madrid center-back Martín Mantovani, and in the end he was as bad as the rest. First priority for next season is signing some decent defenders, or we'll struggle again.

---

Next season's goals

Quoting myself one season ago: "Win the friggin' league. Anything less would be a disappointment".

Career so far

[font=Courier New]Season    League                   Position    Achievements
2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff final[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff semi-final, FA Trophy finalists[/font]

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 4 (2013/2014)

CCL1 Prediction - 24th

CCL1 Position - 5th

FA Cup - Lost in 3rd Round (v Stoke)

League Cup - Lost in 2nd Round (v Portsmouth)

Johnstone Paint Trophy - Lost in 2nd (v Cardiff)

CCL1 (1st) - League Table | League Graph

CCL1 Summary

What a terrible start. I couldn't win even if I played against the worst team and in mid-season I was so close to relegation-places that I thought I for sure was going down. But then I bought 1 player to strengthen the midfield and that really turned things around. It was tough and rough but in the end I secured a 5th spot and went into playoffs.

In the playoff semis I faced Leyton Orient. The first match, at home, saw us win easy 3-0. Hopefully that would be enough for the tough away match. Leyton came at us with full strength but we held on and only lost 1-2.

In the final Doncaster was waiting. I hadn't previously won against them so I knew it would be tough. However, when the match was over, my 2 star strikers did what was needed, and gave us a 2-0 win.

Promotion!

Domestic Cups

I still cannot perform well in the cups.

I am not that pleased of our cup runs. In the FA Cup we did okay until we got battered by Stoke. The League Cup was a short one, the same goes for the Johnstone Paint Trophy

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers 1 | Transfers 2

Affiliated Clubs

Staff

Players of the Season

Zakarie Boucher - He was brought in to battle Viallé for the spot but quickly took charge. He played fairly well and an average of 7.02 for 52 matches is pretty good for a keeper.

Yado Mambo - A solid performance in center defense.

Andy Iro - he partnered up with Mambo and played solid too.

Owain Tudur-Jones - He was brought in late but quickly proved he was the player I needed. A solid performance.

Bernard Brennan - My scout found this Hamiltion62 ikon luring in Ireland and for a cheap price he quickly proved himself worthy with 13 assists.

Ashley Barnes - A good season for him with 29 goals.

Thomas Savino - Newcomer who made a deadly strikerforce with Barnes. 30 goals and topscorer in CCL1.

Chippenham Awards

Thomas Savino got Fans Player of the Year

Thomas Savino got 1st in CCL1 Top goalscorer

Ashley Barnes got 3rd in CCL1 Top goalscorer

Mikael Schøler got 2nd in CCL1 Manager of the Year

Player on CCL1 Team of the Season - 1

Chippenham News

Plans for a new stadium - Chippenham Stadium

New sponsorship kit worth 500k per annum

Season Summary

I couldn't be more happier with promotion. The matches were really tough and I had settled on a midtable finish. However, the signing of Owain really turned it all around. I look forward to CC but fear I have to battle it all over again.

Game Summary

Season     League                Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4299228&postcount=2894"]2010/11[/url]    Blue Square South     1st place (105 points)    Division Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4567738&postcount=4239"]2011/12[/url]    Blue Square Premier   1st place (113 points)    Division Champions, FA Trophy
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4691632&postcount=5011"]2012/13[/url]    Coca-Cola League 2    1st place (103 points)    Division Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4972840&postcount=6787"]2013/14[/url]    Coca-Cola League 1    5th place (77 points)     Promoted via playoffs

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood - Season 2015/16 - Championship

We were predicted 24th (again). Eventually after a fairly rocky start, we finished 6th and therefore into the playoffs. After taking care of Phil Neville's Leyton Orient, we came up against Huddersfield in the play off final and comfortably won to clinch a 3rd successive promotion. :D

We made a better stab of the League Cup this time, eventually going out in the 4th round to Villa (but losing 5-0. Oops) and made it to the 6th round of the FA Cup only to just lose to away at Sunderland again.

Some decent performers:

Alex McCulloch was fantastic in goal, but unfortunately has now demanded a transfer.

Rab Best was highly prolific as a poacher throughout the season, also making his debut for Northern Ireland.

Craig Martin was top quality at left back, getting called up to the England U-21 squad.

Abdellah Bacha, on a season long loan from Auxerre, worked perfectly with Best up front.

Elliot Grandin continued his good spell on the right wing.

In other news, Tottenham won the Premiership again and Man Utd the FA Cup, and Chelsea won the League Cup. Marseille (!) picked up the Champions League and Valencia the Europa League. I was also offered the Man Utd job in close season.

England came bottom of their Euro 2016 group, below Scotland, and Ancelotti was sacked, Stuart Pearce replacing him. France beat Spain on penalties in the final.

Aim for this season is to not got relegated, which I think will be asking a lot. There is however a new 18,000 capacity stadium being built, but it will take two years. Also (finally) the training facilities are being upgraded.

I've also signed 3 35 yr old veterans in Peter Crouch, Gareth Barry and Owen Hargreaves, to give us some help.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Champions, Promoted
2011/12       BSP                 1st                       Champions, Promoted, FAT Runners Up
2012/13       L2                  6th                       Lost in play off final
2013/14       L2                  2nd                       Promoted
2014/15       L1                  1st                       Champions, Promoted, JPT Winners
2015/16       CH                   6th                     Promoted, Play off final winners

el sid - Canvey Island - 2010/2011

Squad Stats

Media Prediction - 21st

League Table

Didn't have the best of starts to the league, we were getting ready for a relegation battle at first tbf. Excellent form in January-February and at the end of the season which saw us get 31 points out of a possible 36 saw us fight our way into the last playoff spot.

Playoffs:

Semifinal - Heroic second leg performance

Final - Extremely boring match, with zero CCC's created by both sides.

Transfers

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 5th                    Promoted via Playoffs

M's Park Avenue adventure

Season 1

League position: 1st

What a season! We came top by 6 points and occupied top spot for most of the season. The cups were crap.

Key Players

5. David Armstrong- The CB played nearly every match and was Mr.Consistent.

4. Jabuti- Despite only playing 11 games he scored 11 goals and played a key role in our season.

3. Andreas Arestidou- GK was excellent all season.

2. Sammy Stewart- The young Scot played a vital role.

1. Declan Bunting- Ended with 17 goals but played a vital holding role of front.

Aims for next season

. Mid table

. Keep our young guns

. A good cup run

Can I ask a question guys?

I'm in my first season and have avoided relegation which was the aim but I just can't attract players good enough to pull off the results I've seen in here. How do you do it?! How does everyone find players? Any tips?

Thanks!

saab693

Saab look for players with pace down in the conference rather than the attributes you'll look for later on. Also as so many others have sign Jabuti to be one of your strikers

Thanks for the quick reply! So you would search for players with what value for pace? And then scout whoever comes up in the results?

Does this not leave a huge amount of players to trawl through?

Thanks mate

To be honest saab just use the attribute pace filter in your search screen or when you send a scout out and set it around 15. It should net you some nice looking players for BSS/N

Hmm no luck sadly, could it be to do with the reputation of my team?

I'm in my first season and have avoided relegation which was the aim but I just can't attract players good enough to pull off the results I've seen in here. How do you do it?! How does everyone find players? Any tips?

Thanks!

saab693

I scoured through the frees/expired/expiring/loans list for people, paying most attention to names I know, or in the expired/expiring/loans case, people from League 2 and above. If you can get Carl Martin from Crewe Alexandra, he is a brilliant defender for the league. Alan Power and Lloyd Kerry did very well for me. Leon McSweeney was one of my starts in the BSP, so if you can get him in your second season in the BSN/S, he'd be very very good. Zeyn S-Latef and Nicky Ajose were my star loan signings during my first season in charge of FC United. And if you can get them, Gary Woods or Michael Poke are great keepers till League One, Gary Woods even made it to the Championship with me, and the Premier League with Blackburn! And as much as I talk him up on here, Ben Greenhalgh is a great winger, he's now with me in the Premier League and still does his job when called upon!

Thanks!

saab693

In BSN/BSS its all about pace and acceleration. I've seen strikers with finishing < 10 and still score 20-30+ goals because of high pace and acceleration.

It IS a matter of looking through tons and tons of players. In my first season I had 77 players on trial.

Archived