dafuge's FM10 challenge

Glenn Crane - Kendal Town - Season 3 - BSP - 5th - Lost in Playoffs

An up and down season but a battle to the end either way.

We had some frustrating times and went through a frustrating patch of draws which really tested my patience.

Not a huge update AGAIN as i am very tired but will show you the basic screenshots!

league

Squad

Transfers

As you can see my squad isn't fully there as i have sold a few and put some in reserves and this update was late in my haste to sign new talent. And i have :)

And then the fans player of the season

As you can see from the two playoff games it was quite close but my incosistency and lack of cutting edge up front lost me the chance to get promoted.

Playoff 1

Playoff 2

Overall i am quite dissapointed we had the players to go up but never reached our potential, and our strike force just didn't produce the goods on a regular basis.

Goals for next season

1. Get consistency
  2. Get that CUTTING Edge up front
  3. Improve Squad - I already have with my biggest name probs Paynter :)
  4. Promotion (I can't stand another season in BSP)

Season          League               League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         4th           Promoted Via playoffs
2011/12        Blue Square Prem         16th           Fa Trophy Semis
2012/13        Blue Square Prem           5th          Knocked out of playoff semis

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carshalton - 2012/13 BSP

Well this season went well, I won the league as I wanted to, rising to the top of the table very early and staying pretty much at the top all season. I also won the FA Trophy which I was supposedly rank outsider to win. I didn't do too well in the FA Cup only reaching the 1st round.

League Table

Graph

FA Trophy

FA Cup

I again made quite a lot of transfers and once again am surprised that the team was able to gel.

Transfers

My finances are brilliant mainly due to the playoff final at Wembley last season but helped out by the FA Trophy run this season.

Finances

Goals

My goal for next season is to at least survive in L2. I will try to bring in some quality players for the league and hopefully will be able to get a mid table finish.

Season          League               League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square South         1st           Promoted, BSS Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Prem          2nd           Knocked out in playoff final
2012/13        Blue Square Prem          1st           Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy Winners

G. Keenan's FC United- 2028/2029 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: The Champions League was the one and only goal in my sights this season and as a result I was expecting to miss out a third straight league title, but I actually managed to wrap that up with two games to spare.

Cup Review

Champions League Group Stage

1st Knockout Round

Quarter Final

Semi Final

Final

So that's it, Champions League won, challenge complete. There were some very eventful and high scoring games on the way but the final was a pretty comfortable 3-0 win.

The team in question:

GK: Ian Taylor

DR: Miguel Pereira

DL: Jose Manuel

DC: Bebeto

DC: Marco Berti

MC: Liam Miller

MC: Johnny Williams

AMR: Jean Villard

AML: Wagner Menezes

ST: Wagner

ST: Dean Quinn

League Table

Graph

Squad

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
2023/24    Premier League             10th        None
2024/25    Premier League             2nd         None
2025/26    Premier League             2nd         Community Shield winners
2026/27    Premier League             1st         [b]Premier League champions[/b]
2027/28    Premier League             1st         [b]Premier League champions[/b], Community Shield winners
2028/29    Premier League             1st         [b]Premier League champions[/b], Community Shield winners, [b]Champions League winners[/b]

I have a question for dafuge.

I'm currently under a transfer embargo because of takeover talks that so far have taken 3 game months and obviously can't sign any players.

But it seems that I can offer triallists contracts, this is a known bug that I've seen in the bugs forum.

Is it acceptable to sign a couple of triallist to reinforce my depleted squad?

If not then I'll have to go back to a previous save as I trialled and signed Victor Palsson as I've only got 3 central midfielders (and a winger who can play there in an emergency)

I have a question for dafuge.

I'm currently under a transfer embargo because of takeover talks that so far have taken 3 game months and obviously can't sign any players.

But it seems that I can offer triallists contracts, this is a known bug that I've seen in the bugs forum.

Is it acceptable to sign a couple of triallist to reinforce my depleted squad?

If not then I'll have to go back to a previous save as I trialled and signed Victor Palsson as I've only got 3 central midfielders (and a winger who can play there in an emergency)

If you trialled the players first you can sign them at any time.

I know that, but I'm under a transfer embargo due to takeover talks and that means that I can't sign players because the board blocks the deals. I managed to sign the triallist because of a bug in the game.

The problem is that there is another bug that could mean that the takeover talks can take a year or more and all that time I'll be under the embargo.

Can I take advantage of the bug that lets me sign a few triallists to compensate for the fact that I might be under a transfer embargo for quite some time?

My squad is pretty thin with only 20 professionals, including 4 keepers. Well it's 21 now with Palsson.

Nantwich Town, Season 3, 2012-13 - Blue Square Premier

Finished - 19th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

The annually, non-AI team of the year

GK - Kevin O'Brien, 22, Irish

DR - Jared Hodgkiss, 26, English

DL - Dan Smith, 26, English

DC - Jack Pearson, 23, English

DC - Kristian Platt, 20, English

MR - Michael D'Agostino, 26, Canadian

ML - Laurent Robert, 37, French

MC - Andrew Mitchell, 21, Northern Irish

MC - Darren Williams, 36, English

ST - Christian Nade, 28, French

ST - Gilles Sunu, 22, French

-

Season Summary

In our first season in the Blue Square Premier, I expected a hard and fierce relegation battle. This was exactly what I got. Despite signing a trio of French players: Laurent Robert, Christian Nade and Gilles Sunu, we still struggled. Laurent Robert was easily the best of the 3, although his fitness levels aren't that great, as you would expect of someone at his age. Nade was a bit of a disappointment, and didn't score as many goals as I had expected. Sunu was even more of a let down, for an ex-Arsenal youngster he was really woeful, I'd expected him to be an absolute beast in this division.

The season as a whole was an acceptable one, just surviving was enough to keep the board happy. Although we're now 350K in debt, which despite the board's constant efforts to improve the situation, is only getting worse. I think hoping for a tycoon from Russia or the middle-east is a bit optimistic, so we'll have to cope for now. I think only an FA Cup run or promotion will be able to get us out of the red next season, both of those are very unlikely.

-

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square North       15th         None
2011/12   Blue Square North       1st          Promoted via winning the league
2012/13   Blue Square Premier     19th         None

Anyone knows what happens if I get sacked? Do I take over another newly club with the same manager, or do I start with a completely new manager?

I say this not because I've been sacked. But because I think I will, soon enough. I'm on a ten-game winless streak and three points to show for it. From the past 20 games I've only won 3 games and 6 draws. 12 more games to go in the BSN and I'm just 5 points clear of regulation!

I think most people start a new save game when they are sacked.

That's what I did. Sacked from Nuneaton in my 4th season for being in the BSP relegation zone; after 4 seasons with Merthyr I was established in League One - just shows how these things can go!

Anyone knows what happens if I get sacked? Do I take over another newly club with the same manager, or do I start with a completely new manager?

You could go on holiday until 24th June and save the game. Then reload it and go on holiday for a single day and see if you're lucky enough to have a club that meets the requirement for the challenge, i.e. has never been in the BSS or BSN during the period of your game.

If you're lucky you might have a lower rep team pop up, one that would never get into the playable leagues normally.

You could go on holiday until 24th June and save the game. Then reload it and go on holiday for a single day and see if you're lucky enough to have a club that meets the requirement for the challenge, i.e. has never been in the BSS or BSN during the period of your game.

If you're lucky you might have a lower rep team pop up, one that would never get into the playable leagues normally.

Yeah I know this. I'm asking if I am supposed to continue with the loser of the manager, or do I have to add a new manager, i.e. restarting.

I guess most people will restart, and I might do just that. But if a newly promoted team has no manager, I say why not show them how much I really suck :)

After waiting what seems like an eternity for Rugby to get promoted I have decided to take the plunge with Nuneaton.

I managed to get in 12 new signings mostly by shopping north of the border and linking with Henden to get access to their knowledge of Bulgaria – they are the usual suspects so I won’t list them again. An interesting point is that my strikeforce is ex-celtic and ex-rangers – wonder how well they will gel(?). I know my mass clear out seems a bit of a churlish way to repay the squad that won promotion, but that’s life in the Blue Square for you.

I will be playing a back four, a DM, 3 MC and 2 ST in an attempt to keep the goals conceded down and hope to nick one on the break.

I have never managed lower than L1 and I’ll let you know how it goes.

BTW anyone know of a good DM? How hard would it be at this level to retrain a DC in the DM role?

After waiting what seems like an eternity for Rugby to get promoted I have decided to take the plunge with Nuneaton.

I managed to get in 12 new signings mostly by shopping north of the border and linking with Henden to get access to their knowledge of Bulgaria – they are the usual suspects so I won’t list them again. An interesting point is that my strikeforce is ex-celtic and ex-rangers – wonder how well they will gel(?). I know my mass clear out seems a bit of a churlish way to repay the squad that won promotion, but that’s life in the Blue Square for you.

I will be playing a back four, a DM, 3 MC and 2 ST in an attempt to keep the goals conceded down and hope to nick one on the break.

BTW anyone know of a good DM? How hard would it be at this level to retrain a DC in the DM role?

I went with a similar tactic in my first season and ended up with the second best defense in the league, unfortunately i couldn't score to save my life and finished 14th.

Just got 900k from a trip to Old Trafford in the FA Cup 3rd Round :) only lost 1-0 as well!

my financial situation could do with getting to the 3rd rd, furthest i have got in 5 seasons is 2nd rd, keep coming up against L1 teams.

I play the same formation and have used Valentin Milenov in the dm position for my whole career at sutton utd. He's alright at bss/bsn level but i reccommend getting a better one for the bsp

Kings Lynn - BSN 2010/11

Following the devestation of a Crash Dump, which was quickly accompanied by a corrupted save, it was my unfortunate experience to be transported 7 seasons back in time. The term "Groundhog Day" was absolutly the case as i returned to Day 1 of the challenge to get Kings Lynn to the dizzy heights of Premier League and Champions League Glory.

However, someone once said that hind sight is a wonderful thing, and they were certainly not wrong.

Following some fairly hectic wheeling and dealing in the transfer market a strong squad was quickly assembled, i am sure i could get done for insider trading or something but from experience i just knew that these guys would be up to the job.

They didnt disappoint and although we did not fair to well in the cups the league was won and we advanced to try our hand at the BSP, i feel this will require a little more strengthening but the basis of a solid and competative team is already in place and i have high hopes for a possible back to back promotion.

Manager Profile, Further Info

GK - Johnny Mcbride

DR - Grant Gallacher

DL - Dimitar Ruychev

DC - Dominic Roma

DC - Matthew Pike

MR - Fabio Ferreira

ML - Craig Mcshea

MC - Valentin Milenov

MC - Iskren Ivanov

ST - James Keatings

ST - Zahari Krastev

League Table

Graph

Transfers

Squad

Manager of the Year

Season   League               Position      Achievements
2010/11  Blue Square North      1st         Champions, Promotion

I play the same formation and have used Valentin Milenov in the dm position for my whole career at sutton utd. He's alright at bss/bsn level but i reccommend getting a better one for the bsp

Thanks for that he is currently on trial - I'll let you know how it works.

In the meantime I'm playing a DC there sean Mccashin I obtained him on a free he was at forest.

Ended up drawing 1-1 after spewing some easy chances at the end, no playoffs this year, hopefully next year.

Dismissed any interest in the job at Premierleague (although going down to Championship) Stoke as well.

Finished 9th in the end, not too bad, got one player in team of the year (Jack Dean)

Oh, great. My special board have terminated my parent link with Arsenal in favour of a link with League 1 Milwall. Clever idea board.

Season 6 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League One - 17th (Table)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Winners

FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Man Utd)

League Cup - 2nd Round (lost v Nottm Forest)

Transfers

What a mess. This was easily the most frustrating season of FM10 I've played so far. The cups were great, the only sides to beat us in any cup were both Premiership sides (yep, Forest are there now), the league was abysmal.

The chances we created were great, we occasionally would score them, occasionally we'd do it a couple of times early on in a match, but we threw away so many points! Honestly, it was like there was an auto-draw feature enabled, as no matter what I did tactically/substitutionally we really could not hold on to a lead. The few clean sheets we got were as part of the semi-regular insipid 0-0 draws.

The only hope for next season I have is that I've already secured the signings of two promising french wingers (one for each side), so hopefully adding them to the solid midfield will mean we just need a proper striker to get back up the table. Bear in mind I've been looking for one of those for 3 years now though...

It wasn't all terrible news however, with the JPT win elevating me to legendary status at Merthyr :)

Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One  6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One  4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One  17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Nantwich Town, Season 4, 2013-14 - Blue Square Premier

Finished - 19th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

The annually, non-AI team of the year

GK - David Royle, 19, English

DR - Jared Hodgkiss, 27, English

DL - Daniel Jones, 27, English

DC - Matthew Darlow, 21, English

DC - Matthew Lowton, 24, English

MR - Michael D'Agostino, 27, Canadian

ML - Laurent Robert, 38, French

MC - Andrew Mitchell, 22, Northern Irish

MC - Darren Williams, 36, English

ST - Christian Nade, 29, French

ST - Gilles Sunu, 23, French

-

Season Summary

In our second season in the Blue Square Premier we didn't really manage to attract much better players to the club, so a few signings here and there was all I managed. The team was probably a bit better than the one we had last year, and with Gilles Sunu playing a fair bit better, we managed to finish a very nice 10th place. The finances improved a bit, only due to a slight rise in attendance due to a slight rise in the quality of performances.

The season was a lot similar to last season, apart from the fact the last few months we managed a good run of form which lead to a rise up the table. Promotion was never on the cards, but perhaps with a few signings next season we might just manage it. I think if Sunu has a very good year, then we might have a very good year too.

-

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square North       15th         None
2011/12   Blue Square North       1st          Promoted via winning the league
2012/13   Blue Square Premier     19th         None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier     10th         None

I have gave it a good read and I am now on holiday it sounds great. Used to write fm stories for fmgraphics but noone really read them so gave up. Hope people take as much time to read others games as I do.

Crossing fingers for oxford Utd :)

Just to clarify, I can sign anyone cant I ?. Say i wanted someone on a free I can >

Drewski. Boston United. Championship. 2017/2018

Out first ever season in the Championship, and with the squad I had I did not think that we would be able to survive unless there was a massive overhaul, so, after signing a bunch of players we surprised ourselves and the rest of the division by finishing in mid-table, we started the season very well, accumulating enough points to make sure that we would not be involved in a relegation battle come the end of the season, graph

Squad - Defense was solid, midfield was competent, and my strikers were able to get into double figures, so overall, not bad; Kilgallon - solid in the heart of defense, his experience was valuable at the back, and with his age I will look to bring in someone younger next season; McCartney - only signed him in January but he had an immediate impact with his defensive abilities, he will be one to watch next season; Wallace - better of the two main strikers, although some of his play was a bit unconvincing, I have two more strikers coming in so he will most likely leave.

Transfers - crap went out, also made over £3m in sales, Fenton was only with us for 6 months before he left for £2.5m, hopefully I'll get some kind of budget next season.

Finances - we've become a selling club now, our 6k capacity stadium cannot cope with the wages and other expenditures, so unless we move to a new stadium we're stuck with selling players etc.

Me

Aims for next season:

Improve squad.

Move up the table.

Archived