dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has been a while coming, but finally the board have decided to build a new stadium \o/

The financing on it is a bit of a worry but this is something that I have been waiting for for ages now. I just hope it can be expanded a bit further, but the name is a bonus :cool:

Fantastic to see Dafuge, a nice sponsorship there as well which will be very handy in the future for you, how long you planning on staying on for, with your dedication, I wouldn't be surprised if you played another 10 seasons + :D

------------------------------------------------

We have just played our first game of the season and pre-season was very tough, I found it very hard attracting more quality players than I let go and we actually have a weaker team than last season even though it is much younger and includes a few nice prospects now.

Our main problem last season could well have been our tactic, I need to find a tactic that will work at this level as last season I was using the same we had used for the previous seasons and it obviously isn't working now at this level.

The first game of the season finished Chesterfield 1-1 Tonbridge. Not a bad start but I feel that Chesterfield will be one of those teams near the bottom of the table this season so it could have been a missed chance for an easy away win, we didn't deserve the point, and that was my concern, Chesterfield had plenty of chances but their finishing let them down.

Managed to get a few young south-africans who are joining next summer when they turn 18, I was surprised they were actually given work permits and both looks actually really good players.

Our star player of the last two seasons Tommy Hoiland could be on his way out as well, we have already made a tidy profit so far in the summer and this sale will add to that, we have quite a few strikers now so I can afford to lose him

Truro City FC - League 2 - 2016/17

Media Prediction: 24th

Actual Position : 13th

No relegation battle in the first season, happy enough with that. Could have even got playoffs, only for not winning any of our last 9 games. Couldn't hold leads, and in many of the games we did win we were reliant on late late goals, so we'll definitely have to do that. We've gone fulltime so I obviously needed more coaches, gone for a good few foreign 1s with alot of knowledge of the European leagues. Didn't bother with beyond that, since the ones that would come to League 2 won't get work permits. Hoping for a promotion run next time

League Table

FA Cup

3rd Round away tie at Everton = rich!!!!!

League Cup

Dud.

JP Trophy

Dud.

Transfers

We're a MultiNational Corporation now.

Squad

Just a few quality players away from a promotion challenge.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None
2011/12   Blue Square South        4th        PlayOff Semi-Finals
2012/13   Blue Square South        3rd        PlayOff Runner Up
2013/14   Blue Square South        1st        Blue Square South Winners
2014/15   Blue Square Premier      13th       None
2015/16   Blue Square Premier      5th        PlayOff Winners
2016/17   League 2                    13th       None

Next Season

Automatic Promotion please.

That's a good, solid first season in league football, CSF :thup:

I'm now halfway through my Championship season and we're sitting 10th, but only three points behind 1st placed Coventry. The top half this season is ridiculously tight. We're on a brilliant run, 8 wins in 9 games, and my £2M signing from Villa, Raymond Auassar has started scoring for fun. Starting to get hopeful that we can make a push for the play-offs over the second half of the season.

I'm back! :D

Just downloading the DDT file, and about to get cracking. Before I load my own game, no-one has got Durham yet have they?

Would be great having a team with 500 reputation :D

Don't think I've seen anyone playing with them, and its probably because it will take you about 1000 reloads :p

Fantastic to see Dafuge, a nice sponsorship there as well which will be very handy in the future for you, how long you planning on staying on for, with your dedication, I wouldn't be surprised if you played another 10 seasons + :D

The sponsorship sounded great when I saw it, but it is actually £5m a season, for 10 seasons, so I probably won't notice it.

I'm planning on continuing until FM11 is released. Hopefully I'm not even half way yet ;)

The sponsorship sounded great when I saw it, but it is actually £5m a season, for 10 seasons, so I probably won't notice it.

I'm planning on continuing until FM11 is released. Hopefully I'm not even half way yet ;)

What are your other sponsorship deals like?

:eek: I actually want to do the same thing, maybe around 2040 or so I will move to another team that gets promoted to BBN or BBS

----------------------------------------------------

We have made a decent start to the season:

Chesterfield 0-0 Tonbridge

Bradford 0-1 Tonbridge

Tonbridge 2-2 Norwich

Tonbridge 3-0 Northampton

Hopefully we can keep this up.

It has been a while coming, but finally the board have decided to build a new stadium \o/

The financing on it is a bit of a worry but this is something that I have been waiting for for ages now. I just hope it can be expanded a bit further, but the name is a bonus :cool:

Finally a Dafuge Arena :thup:

Good job! How much money did you have in the bank when they finally relented?

Kelly Park was under 30k when it was first built IIRC, will be just over 57k by the time the latest expansion is complete. I doubt it'll go much further than that, so probably will be needing a second new ground eventually, is it too much to ask for that one to be named after me too? :p

Good job! How much money did you have in the bank when they finally relented?

I think it was about £115m, which was damn hard to work to save up. I think the delay was probably because it was my second new stadium, so roll on another 20 years and I might have a third ;)

bahhhh!!!

Why is it every season I start bad?! Surely pre-season friendlies are for gelling and not the actual season?! I haven't done any drastic tactical changes since last season but its just quite frustrating :(

Just a kit sponsorship of £5.88m per season.

Not bad, at least the £11m from sponsorships a season will pay for a couple of months wages.

Better than my 43k per season :(

But, I remember when I was FC United on FM09, and when we were in League 1, we secured a sponsorship deal worth £10m per season :eek: Bit stupid that when that ran out, we were challenging for the Premiership and we ended up getting one for about £2m per seasom :o

Hmmm looks like I may need to regain promotion to the Premiership this season as I am currently losing £2m a month - £1m in, £3m out a month - £1m on wages and £1m on transfers even with 90% attendance rates - though I did raise £9m by cashing in my 50% of next fee on Maidana - Man Utd don't play him and his value is dropping so I took the £9m as I doubt they'll sell him for more than £20m.

After 20 games we are 7pts at the top of the Championship but with January approaching the computer is tapping up my players again and my season could be destroyed if too many players are poached or upset - I just got all my players happy again by offering them new contracts in the summer, I cannot afford to do it twice a year.

How much did your original new stadium cost? £188m seems a lot of money.

Hastings United - 2019/2020 - Coca-Cola Championship

I was semi-optimistic coming into this season, as the previous year we had developed a solid core and the team progressed markedly as the season drew to a close.

I wasn't this optimistic though...

Season Summary - 1st

What a year.

We had a board takeover attempt in early July, which unfortunately took absolutely forever, until it was finally completed in early November. This meant we couldn't make any additions over the summer period, meaning most of the season we played with a squad of 20 or so. We lost our main centre-back for £2 million after the board decided it was too good a deal to refuse, and then our other one, John Hessel, disappeared in January as he didn't want a new contract and was about to go on a free, but Chelsea offered £1.3 million for him so he went there instead. I was really gutted to see both go as they were two top quality centre-backs who played really well the previous season together and formed a big part of that core we were hoping to lean on.

Luckily, our weak backline wasn't enough to drag us down. We flew out of the gates in the first half of the year, amassing an epic lead at the top of the table, and held on throughout most of the year to win comfortably. We scored over 100 goals, which is all down to continuity in our midfield and striker positions.

Final Table

League Positions - Graph

League Cup - 2nd Round

Second Round again, this time losing to League 1 Bournemouth 2-1 away.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

A bit flat this year, bowing out to a late goal in a 1-0 loss to Leicester.

----

Squad - We're desperate for a backline, it's a must get in the summer. Midfield and up front will probably stay in tact though, we've developed some wonderful partnerships in those areas.

Finances - Biggest profit yet, again driven largely by player sales.

Transfers - I spent over £5 million on a centre back who my scouts labelled as the next Terry Butcher (he's only 17) and whom they agreed had a good potential ability rating. It's a gamble, but we still lack good youth facilities so while our stadium is still small it's one which hopefully could pay off for us.

----

Key Players

Bruno Sanz - The speedster of our frontline duo. This guy was just totally destructive, scoring 26 goals and is attracting massive interest from equally massive clubs. Hope we can hold onto him long term.

Manuel Diaz - The other Spaniard in our forward partnership; the thunder to Bruno Sanz' lightning. 22 goals from him, and second only to Sanz in overall rating.

Anej Lovric - Our best midfielder, a real rock in the middle who allows his midfield partner Rik Adema to play creatively.

---

Around the Leagues

Man Utd are getting used to Europa League football, missing out on the top 4 again. The Glazers seem to want to bail too, listening as they are to offers. Chelsea's dominance of the league was ended as Everton took the title.

Exeter enter the Championship next season as they finished second in League 1, while Crewe failed to progress from League 2 again. York City did however after winning the division, reaching the dizzy heights of League 1.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693606&postcount=5028]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4710480&postcount=5113]2011/12[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4735716&postcount=5284]2012/13[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4741463&postcount=5324]2013/14[/url]   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promotion (Playoffs), FA Trophy Winners
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4756689&postcount=5400]2014/15[/url]   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Playoffs (Semi-final defeat)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4772897&postcount=5474]2015/16[/url]   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promotion (Automatic)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4830742&postcount=5586]2016/17[/url]   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promotion (Automatic)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4838667&postcount=5693]2017/18[/url]   Coca-Cola Championship   18th        None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4854537&postcount=5792]2018/19[/url]   Coca-Cola Championship   9th         None
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4859996&postcount=5820]2019/20[/url]   Coca-Cola Championship   1st         Promotion (Champions)

Next Season

Well what a way to end my first decade in charge of Hastings. We're so desperate for a backline it isn't funny, but beyond that hopefully there isn't too much we need to do to stay up. Biggest year yet coming up though...

The stadium is getting a big expansion (relatively speaking) of 8450 seats, which should take us up to something like 12,500 capacity (yay!) from our current 4050. Still dreary, but oh well. So much for that "the board regret to inform you that the council will never allow planning permission because blah blah blah cobblers". :D

Congrats Aeropus! :D

How fustrating, every couple weeks, here and there I just change between Mom and my Dad's house....Mom's going away on holiday for two weeks, so was sending the file over from Mom's to Dad's but was in a rush so left it with 7 minutes of uploading left and get to my Dad's, no file sent :( Internet must of turned off.

I'd started another one and was 6th wth 4 games to go with Canvey Island in the first season, just a point off play-off's, now I either start a new one or wait 2 weeks to carry on.

Oh the dilemna's :p

Massive congratulations on the promotion, aeropaus :) And nice to hear that you've had a stadium expansion despite being told that one would never be granted as that's the situation I'm in now.

Back for my evening session, just lost to Ipswich for the second time this season. Still, if we can keep Raymond Auassar and Luis fit then I think we've got a real chance at getting promoted.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Raymond Auassar, who I bought for £2M from Aston Villa in the summer, has just been the subject of a £4M bid from Atletico Madrid. The board have stepped in over my head and accepted it. I understand that £2M profit in six months in nice, but think big picture, you ****ers, we're setting ourselves up for a promotion run and you sell my best player from under me! This could tear my season apart.

Oh yeah, and add to that the fact that there was a 25% sell on fee, and we actually only make £1M profit. I hope they enjoy their £1M whilst we're playing in the Championship next season, short sighted ****ers.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Raymond Auassar, who I bought for £2M from Aston Villa in the summer, has just been the subject of a £4M bid from Atletico Madrid. The board have stepped in over my head and accepted it. I understand that £2M profit in six months in nice, but think big picture, you ****ers, we're setting ourselves up for a promotion run and you sell my best player from under me! This could tear my season apart.

Oh yeah, and add to that the fact that there was a 25% sell on fee, and we actually only make £1M profit. I hope they enjoy their £1M whilst we're playing in the Championship next season, short sighted ****ers.

I wonder if it's worth trying to get a better relationship with him with some player interaction and offering a new contract Terk... I tried it with Manuel Diaz when he wanted to go but not sure if it actually works.

Boston united season 13 2022/23

League Table 1, League Table 2 Position Graph final position - 11th

Another good showing in the league considering some of the teams that we were facing. Namely Fulham, Middlesborough and Crystal Palace. 11th isn't really the position we deserved but the end of season run in saw us throw awayh the chance for a playoff place and drop down. However the start of season expectation was fulfilled. I think the shock of the season has to be Reading being relegated to League 2.

Cups

not the best of showing here. Going out in the first round of the league cup and Johnstones paint trophy. We did do slightly better in the FA cup going out in the 2nd round.

FA Cup

League Cup

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Transfers

Only two players brought in this year. Just to shore up the back line really although I think we'll need a new left back as Basey is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Key Players

Marcus Higgs Brought in to partner Nicholas in Defence

Oliver Nicholas Once again a rock in defence. Worked well with Higgs

Aidan Campbell An ever present striker again. Scored less than last year yet still caused problems.

Nabil Sharif Forced himself back into the side and never looked back.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none

Other Winners

Premier League - Manchester United

FA Cup - Arsenal

Carling Cup - Aston Villa

Champions League - Manchester United

UEFA Cup - Inter

Aims for next season

Push up now. We've had 2 seasons here and now need to push for a playoff spot.

Congrats everyone on promotion. Sorry about the absence, I've actually been on a trial of my own this weekend, felt like I got insight into what it would be like to be a random potential player on FM that's brought in to be looked at. Not the most comforting situation, but hey, worth the experience. Hopefully will be making progress soon. :)

Reminds me when I was in League One, challenging for the title having signed a quality pair of wingers and a centre-back to match in the summer. The centre-back was sold off above my head for roughly half of what he was worth (although I lated resigned him on a free when I made the Championship), but at least it was to a club in the division above.

The board sold the left-winger, my highest ave rating and highest assist provider to my direct promotion rivals, for, again, roughly half of what he was worth, on the morning of my match against them :mad::mad::mad:

Still riles me even now! I think if I wasn't participating in the challenge I would have resigned out of principle. We managed to beat our rivals on the day, but couldn't compete with them over the second half of the season without those two players and limped in in second place. If we'd fallen into the play-offs there's no way we'd have won them with our form.

They've now sold my best centre back to West Brom for £1.6M :mad: Absolutely furious. The moral of the story, kids, is don't try to sign players above your level or your ****wit board will sell them from under you six months later. Luckily my other top notch players, my Spanish DM and my Brazilian winger, are only on loan at the club so they can't sell them.

They've now sold my best centre back to West Brom for £1.6M :mad: Absolutely furious. The moral of the story, kids, is don't try to sign players above your level or your ****wit board will sell them from under you six months later. Luckily my other top notch players, my Spanish DM and my Brazilian winger, are only on loan at the club so they can't sell them.

Have you been setting a high asking price? I haven't had the problem of a player being sold from under me since setting their asking prices above what I would accept for them, you then generally don't get the offers (and therefore the board accepting them) unless you would snap their arm off anyway.

For example, I had a key striker, DM and pair of wingers who were instrumental in me getting out of the Championship. I set each of their asking prices to £10m and although I had interest, not one bid was lodged. I eventually sold 3 out of 4 of them on in the next few of seasons on my own terms when I signed better players in the Premier League :thup:

That sounds worth trying :thup:

We're hanging around in the play-off places at the moment (10 games left) and with no cup distractions to talk of (lost in the fourth round, the third time this season that Ipswich have beaten me; aggregate score against them is an 11-3 defeat :() so I'm remaining positive that we can still bag a play-off place at least.

Have you been setting a high asking price? I haven't had the problem of a player being sold from under me since setting their asking prices above what I would accept for them, you then generally don't get the offers (and therefore the board accepting them) unless you would snap their arm off anyway.

For example, I had a key striker, DM and pair of wingers who were instrumental in me getting out of the Championship. I set each of their asking prices to £10m and although I had interest, not one bid was lodged. I eventually sold 3 out of 4 of them on in the next few of seasons on my own terms when I signed better players in the Premier League :thup:

i've found the same, clubs never actually bid for them and the chairman never intervenes on the few occasions a bid has come in.

only player the chairman sold in the last 7 years was my star centre back for 26 million, i only bought him 6 months before for 17 and forgot to put an asking price on him.

Kings Lynn - Barclays Premier League - 2020/21 - Season 11

Following our 4th placed finish last season, Kings Lynn were venturing in to Europe for the very first time, I did not think the squad would be strong enough yet to challange on all fronts so the priority was to maintain our place among the top 4 in order to preserve our participation in the Champions League in the coming years, the money this generates will prove invaluable for both squad building and working towards a new stadium.

We were also looking to defend the League Cup, although that competition is now much lower in the priorities than before.

We made somne decent moves in the transfer market and focused on improving the defence as this was a key area for continued success.

We started again inconsistently didnt get ourselves up into the top 4 of the league until the season was nearly 20 games old, even after this we still proved to be highlry inconsistent and fluctuiated between 3rd to 6th for the remainder of the season, finally confirming a 4th place finish with 1 game to spare. So job done in the league and we can look forward to further Champions League participation next season.

In the cups it was a very mixed back,

In the League Cup as holders a strong team was put out, unfortunatley they all forgot to play and a painful early exit was certainly not in the script.

The FA Cup and Champions league were very different stories,

In Previous seasons we had barely made a ripple in the FA Cup, however this year we had a turbulent run to the final, including 3 replays before meeting Man Utd in the Final.

The Champions League was truly a fairytale in the making, unfancied at the start and really only focussing on making some money and gaining experience we had a rollercoaster ride all the way to the Semi-Finals, where sadly we were taught a lesson by the mighty AC Milan who put us out 5 - 2 on aggregate, 1st Leg, 2nd Leg

League Table

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Squad

Key Players

Victor Bernal - Still a Rock at the back and has kept his place despite others being boughtto replace him, came back fighting for his place.

David - Still Providing the Steel in Midfield

Angelo Morosi -Continues his Highly succesful midfield partnership with David

Romelu Lukaku -Still Terrorising Defences with his sheer physicality

Jason Harper - He is just getting better and better, a great goal return for a youngster

Career Overview

Season     League                 Position           Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4738805&postcount=5299"][color=#800080]2010/11[/color][/url]    Blue Square North        1st              Champions, Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4755823&postcount=5395"][color=#0066cc]2011/12[/color][/url]    Blue Square Premier      5th              Play Off Winners, Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4765815&postcount=5453"][color=#0066cc]2012/13[/color][/url]    Coca-Cola League 2       18th     
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4788624&postcount=5507"][color=#0066cc]2013/14[/color][/url]    Coca-Cola League 2       2nd              Promotion  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4825134&postcount=5575"][color=#0066cc]2014/15[/color][/url]    Coca-Cola League 1       5th              Play off Winners, Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4825203&postcount=5576"][color=#0066cc]2015/16[/color][/url]    Coca-Cola Championship   13th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4825322&postcount=5580"][color=#0066cc]2016/17[/color][/url]    Coca-Cola Championship   6th              Play Off Winners, Promotion
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4826085&postcount=5582"][color=#0066cc]2017/18[/color][/url]    Barclays Premier League  17th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4835669&postcount=5667"][color=#800080]2018/19[/color][/url]    Barclays Premier League  10th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4841141&postcount=5722"][color=#0066cc]2019/20[/color][/url]    Barclays Premier League  4th              League Cup Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4863274&postcount=5835"]2020/21[/url]    Barclays Premier League  4th              FA Cup Winners

Next Season

Maintain our position in the premiership and get as far as we can again in the champions league, i feel the squad is still some way off being able to compete at the really top level and will need strengthening but i do not feel as if our Rep has caught up with our position as yet as i still dont seem to be able to attract any really top class players, my only realk match winner is Harper and he is still young so a little inconsistent.

Also still need to try and save some funds to try and force a new stadium.

Back from college so going to play on FM for most of the night now :D

When I turned off last night we were in some decent form and we were sitting joint 2nd, although in a few games this season we have gave away a few late goals, and missed out on 4 or 5 points doing this already, and I will need to fix this before it hinders our promotion chances.

My Brazilian Winger Dario turned down a £10m move to Austria after my chairman accepted the offer for him :cool:

HE'S BACK

Well, after around 5 reloads, I decided to take the first team which looked inviting to me.....Guiseley.

Yes, I managed these last year in my attempt where I reached the glorious highs of the BSP (which I was top off when I gave up).

I have chosen 'Avoid Relegation' as this is the only feasible option with 'Attempt to...' getting me sacked if I fail it ofc.

Transfer Budget: £0 - Well, I didn't expect anything

Wage Budget: £5.5K a week - That's alright

Season Hopes: Avoid Relegation, Build up the Finances with some good cup runs.

Points total to aim for: 50 (should keep me up)

HE'S BACK

Well, after around 5 reloads, I decided to take the first team which looked inviting to me.....Guiseley.

Yes, I managed these last year in my attempt where I reached the glorious highs of the BSP (which I was top off when I gave up).

I have chosen 'Avoid Relegation' as this is the only feasible option with 'Attempt to...' getting me sacked if I fail it ofc.

Transfer Budget: £0 - Well, I didn't expect anything

Wage Budget: £5.5K a week - That's alright

Season Hopes: Avoid Relegation, Build up the Finances with some good cup runs.

Points total to aim for: 50 (should keep me up)

I would aim for higher than 50 points, the first season isn't really that hard and I think you will easily manage top half of table :thup:

Maybe it isn't so bad then, it is about half of the cost of the Emirates Stadium, and it is bigger :cool:

How long is it going to take to build?

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party guys.

I've had a longer than anticipated three year break from FM, and I've decided to throw myself in at the deep end with Oxford City:

chrisbeer.th.png

1. Please excuse the poor picture, but Mandela is indeed my homeboy.

2. Any simple advice for a prodigal son?

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party guys.

I've had a longer than anticipated three year break from FM, and I've decided to throw myself in at the deep end with Oxford City:

chrisbeer.th.png

1. Please excuse the poor picture, but Mandela is indeed my homeboy.

2. Any simple advice for a prodigal son?

I would go for players with pace, like someone said in this thread to me, finishing isn't that essential as to what pace is in the lower leagues for strikers etc

CB's with good heading ability is also very important for lower leagues and also look at released players from Celtic and Rangers from 2nd July :thup:

Sutton United - Blue Square Premier - 2011/2012

Started off the preseason by buying 6 or 7 players who I thought would perform better in the league. After a decent run of results in our friendlies, the players went on to start the season off with an unbeaten run of 26 games in the league which lasted until December.

Just like last season towards the middle of the season we started drawing too many games, and just played "average" until the end of the season really. This saw us drop what was like a 20 point lead over Luton to an eventual 2 point win. Luton was absolutely ridiculous too, they just hardly ever lost games, especially near the end of the season. I swear they had at least 2 or 3 9 game win streaks.

As for cup runs, we didn't get anywhere in the FA Cup again, but we did manage to beat Luton in the FA Trophy. This was great for our finances. Last season the the BSS we lost around 400k, but we were standing about even this season. But after winning the FA Trophy it finally pushed us back into the positives.

Also, on the youth side of things, I didn't get any good ones through our system. However, I invested in 10 or so throughout the season on $150 p/w contracts and loaned most of them out. Hoping that a few of them will turn into decent players or at least provide me with the opportunity to earn some money by transfer.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Squad List

Key Players

Steve Irwin - Former Liverpool youngster, this DM played great for me and looks to have a good bit of potential for the years to come.

Jordy Brouwer - Another great youngster I picked up from Liverpool. Was absolutely fantastic scoring a large portion of my goals.

Jack Lampe - Defender who I picked up at the start of this challenge, but really came into his own this season. Was a force to be reckoned with in the air. Looks to have a huge upside too. 504/631 Headers Won/Attempted

Career Overview
Season          League                 Position           Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011     Blue Square South           1st            Champions, Promotion
2011/2012     Blue Square Premier         1st            Champions, Promotion, FA Trophy Winners

Well after a long spell under the influence of Civ 4, I'm finally into FM10. As such, back in business with a Guiseley save started many moons ago but which had barely got past August.

Trouble is, it's now going horribly wrong. Sit 2nd bottom, 6 from safety. On a mammoth run of 12 games without a win. Only won once and drawn 3 times all season. Morale is rock bottom; nearly every player is 'poor' or worse. Slowly bringing in players who I (and more importantly the scouts and coaches) think are better but they too, tend to have low morale the minute they arrive.

So far I've tried

- home friendlies with minnows to get big wins; won both 2-1 and in each case ended up hanging on for even that, so negligible effect on morale

- offering new contracts. No effect, none.

- fiddled with tactics; playing attacking, defensive, counter, short, long...all variations on my trusted 4-4-2 granted, but no discernable difference in our threat going forward, ability to pass, or defend...

So while this is partly a moan about my incompetence, any words or advice? Or is it beyond help and should start again?

Don't give in bermy! Us Guiseley boys need to stick at it ;)

Try calling a meeting to talk about underachievement.

On another note, I think we have a first for challenges.......

Has anyone's first goal with the challenge club come from their goalkeeper? :D

I didn't think so. Well, Johny Lund has just netted a 70 yarder against Leeds to score my first ever goal with Guiseley :cool:

Bradley King - Wealdstone

After reloading for nearly 2 hours hoping for either Harrow or Truro, Wealdstone got promoted, which is basically Harrow area anyway!

Been given a £7k transfer budget - which is pretty surprising - and a wage budget of £4.2k p/w for avoiding relegation. My first trying out this challenge, and my first time ever using attribute masking, so this should be entertaining!

Manager profile

Archived