Career Updates Forum Mini Updates Thread

dafuge

I've just won the league (with 95 points) and jpt (after 3 seasons of getting to the final)with bradford city after hitting top spot after week 20 i never gave it up even when the team decided to start losing to teams inside of the relegation zone.

I also rejected an offer from southampton mid season they offered £100,000 more on the wage budget then i got at bradford and also had a 5 million transfer kitty luckily i diddn't accept and in the end they didn't even make the playoffs.

On a side note both bolton and portsmouth have been into administration twice, both are now in league 1 and portsmouth even had a season in league 2.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole team were a little apprehensive in the dressing room. And why not? We'd been in this situation before and we'd suffered heartbreak. Last year's one goal advantage in the Europe League Fourth Qualifying Round second leg was cruelly wiped out in extra extra time by Rubin Kazan and now we again faced stern opposition in the form of Athletic Bilbao

The first leg at home was a unexpected joy. Jordan Stephenson putting us 1-0 up after 7 mins. Athletic equalised 4 mins later, but a goal from Anis Ben-Haitra after 21 mins and then a beautiful 20 yard curling strike from Kim Kallstrom after 52 putting us firmly in the driving seat. However, Athletic's scrambled second goal on 86 mins made it interesting and put it all on the away leg in Bilbao...

The team walked out into the bright lights and heated atmosphere of Bilbao and kicked off. The first half was mainly a battle in the midfield with a couple of chances by Athletic being stopped easily. However, just after half time, a long throw into the box caused havoc and the resulting scuffed clearance fell to the Athletic player, whose shot was cruelly deflected over Basillo and into the roof of the net. Bilbao were 1-0 up and ahead on away goals. We refused to panic however and on 60 mins, got our reward. A beautiful through ball by Nuno Coelho saw Anis Ben-Haitra running onto it and slotting home under the keeper. Better was to come though as barely 10 mins later, a great run down the right by Alexander Muller, a 30th min sub for the injured Jordan Stephenson, saw his cutback reach Kallstrom. However, the ball was poked away by the desperate Athletic defence. Rescuing it before it went out was Alex Farnerud, who sent the ball across the goalmouth to where Anis Ben-Haitra was waiting at the far post to half-volley it home and send the travelling fans wild! That goal put us 2-1 up and wiped out Athletic's away goal advantage.

However, with 5 mins to go, a hoofed clearance from a corner was turned back in by the Athletic defender and their striker weaved inbetween our players to slot home. 2-2. It was crunch time. Another Athletic goal would have meant ET and possibly penalties. I'd used all my three subs earlier so if we did go to ET, I'd have some very tired players. My fears nearly came true on 90 mins as a 35 yard free kick was palmed onto the post by Basillo and left with with a stopped heart. However, in the ensuing break, Ben-Haitra got down the right and side and crossed in low. Michael Scott's first touch took out both defenders in front of him and his shot was swept into the far corner. 3-2 and we held on to win the tie 6-4 on aggregate and make the Europa League!!!

Looking very grim now. Have lost 6 in a row, our last one to the bottom-placed side (and one earlier to a team just in front of us), and have fallen into the relegation playout. Morale is rock bottom, our "best" players have been injured for a few weeks now, and I don't see where we're going to get any results from.

Woo hoo! \o/

Got an away draw against the second-placed team, then stunned the leaders 1-0 at our place.

Still in the relegation playoff, but we're 6 points clear of automatic relegation with 5 matches to go, 1 point adrift of safety.

Right, a little update from me.

Surprisingly we somehow managed to win the Swedish First Division at the first time of asking, although it was touch and go at the end as our last 4 games finished 2-2 (they equalised in the 95th minute), 0-0, 0-0, and 0-1 at home. Not great.

I've had to completely gut the squad for the Superettan but in the process I'm not sure we've got enough Swedish players (oops) so I'm going to have to loan a bunch to make sure we have the 9 squad players required that are trained in Sweden.

Currently making my way through the mammoth pre-season, and have picked up some rather good players for this level, including a Moroccan central midfielder I found on an agents' offer and cost just £1.5k, and some frees whom have 5 star ability in the team report. I hope it's accurate!

I am though heavily linked with some League One sides - in particular Hartlepool whose manager's contract runs out at the end of the season and I'm currently the favourite for the job. If I get offered it I expect I'll take it.

The Netherlands Antilles manager position came open too (surprisingly, as there are no Netherlands Antilles!) - unfortunately I couldn't apply as there's not enough players despite me having the Dutch league enabled :(

After having a decent start in the championship with my bradford team when all of a sudden both middlesbrough and norwich sack their managers i'm the favourite for both but decline to comment on both jobs in the end they both offer me a job and with me being a norwich city fan it was a no brainer even though they had a huge amount of debt but i leave bradford on good terms with there still being quite a bit of room for more players to come in for the new manager and no player on stupidly high wages, whih leads me nicely on to my hometown norwich and what a state they were left in 5 players on more than £40,000 but nothing that i can do as we in november anyways fast forward to january and i suddenly get my transfer budget down to £0 and my wage budget slashed by £100,000 so im looking to get rid of all the players on £40,000 but unfortunately teams only want those players on loan and if we keep spending like we are currently then we could become the portsmouth but ive already said to myself that im not leaving norwich until i make them a force in europe no matter how long it takes.

My old clubs aren't doing to badly either Bromly got promoted straight back from league 2 and are just above the relegation zone still with most of the team that i built up from blue squre south days when they were only team of youngsters with no-one older than 21 yo.

Bradford are also doing quite well still around mid table where i left them.

apologies if some bits don't make any sense i have failed my english gcse twice and just done my third attempt

After having a decent start in the championship with my bradford team when all of a sudden both middlesbrough and norwich sack their managers i'm the favourite for both but decline to comment on both jobs in the end they both offer me a job and with me being a norwich city fan it was a no brainer even though they had a huge amount of debt but i leave bradford on good terms with there still being quite a bit of room for more players to come in for the new manager and no player on stupidly high wages, whih leads me nicely on to my hometown norwich and what a state they were left in 5 players on more than £40,000 but nothing that i can do as we in november anyways fast forward to january and i suddenly get my transfer budget down to £0 and my wage budget slashed by £100,000 so im looking to get rid of all the players on £40,000 but unfortunately teams only want those players on loan and if we keep spending like we are currently then we could become the portsmouth but ive already said to myself that im not leaving norwich until i make them a force in europe no matter how long it takes.

My old clubs aren't doing to badly either Bromly got promoted straight back from league 2 and are just above the relegation zone still with most of the team that i built up from blue squre south days when they were only team of youngsters with no-one older than 21 yo.

Bradford are also doing quite well still around mid table where i left them.

apologies if some bits don't make any sense i have failed my english gcse twice and just done my third attempt

What a wonderful tale. Now any danger of some punctuation!?

So I have a new job :)

After 6 games into the season ex Premier side BK Hacken sacked their manager and I immediately applied for the job and was offered it. With a substantially better squad, facilities, and finances, it was a bit of a no-brainer really. The squad is very good and I reckon, despite Hacken currently being 9th, that we can push for promotion, possibly through the play offs.

Decided to resign at BK Olympic after a loss dropped us into the relegation zone.

5 goals in 10 matches, lost 5 of our last 6, and the players play nervously against pretty much all opponents because they're "overawed by teams with higher reputations." Which is pretty much all of our opponents.

:thdn:

Just won league 1 with preston, our swashbuckling style meant the highest number of goals I have ever managed on FM in years. TABLE

Sheffield Utd pushed us pretty hard, it came down to the last couple of games.

Our top goalscorer GOMES.Not bad for a free transfer ;)

Our right winger ANTONIO also had a great golscoring season.

just turned down a job offer from Cardiff.

So I thought I might just pop back in and say Hi. :)

Picked up the game and thought I'd make a determined effort to get my $90 out of it. Started unemployed like always, have found Derby at the end of the first season. Four games to go and we look pretty safe, and I have just guaranteed that by beating Ipswich 3-2 after being 2-0 down. Bueno is a beast. Playing 4-2-3-1 at the moment, may or may not change next season. And the financial trouble is looking ominous, 1.6m in the red :/

Hey everyone, currently got a save where I started unemployed with a past rep of professional footballer hoping to start out in League 1 or 2 with the aim of working my up managerial ladder. I was very lucky because I was offered a very good job around November time and that was to be the manager of Peterborough United. I took over with them in 10th place in League 1 but not to far adrift of the playoff spots and we hit the ground running straight away going on a 12 match unbeaten run and ended up winning League 1 title on the last day of the season meaning we had secured promotion to the Championship.

My aim for was to stay at Peterborough for one more season and make sure that they were safe in the championship before taking up another job but I began having second thoughts because with around 3 months left in the season we were 3rd in the championship and looking like we could get back to back promotions and be in the Premier League. However, we went through a horrible patch where we did not win in something like 8 or 9 games in a row and it looked like we were about to through away our playoff but we recovered, got back in the playoff spots only to go and draw on the last day of the season which meant we finished 7th even though we came into the game against 5th.

After that I decided it was time to resign and search for a new job. It wasn't long until I was offered that job and this time it was Q.P.R who came calling after sacking Neil Warnock who wasn't able lead the club to a top 10 finish in any of the seasons in my save. I'm currently top of the table after 18 games after the clearing out most of the squad and bringing in my own players.

My aim now is to get Q.P.R to the Premier League, hopefully stay there for a fews seasons before moving on :)

got to the end of the seson with norwich after having my budget slashed and having to sell all my top earners i then had to get young players to join me during the summer transfer window but even with my best players being sold off to save us from administration the board think that i should be able to get to at least the play-offs so if i keep the job until next year i'll be very surprised.

Anyway on the finance side of things we currently have 4 bank loans, yes that's right 4! what the hell did the guy before me do just put average players on high wages for fun, as norwich is my hometown though i'm going to stay with them until i make them a force in europe with no debt (one of the loans runs out in 2033 and i'm in 2019) so it's going to be a very long term project.

Mid Career Update: Managing Eastleigh (5th year in charge)

Started the game unemployed and sunday footballer reputation

I took control at Eastleigh in the BSS about a third of the way through the opening season and guided them to a playoff spot, victory against Dover on penalties and victory over Maidenhead in the final on penalties yet again sent me into the BSP

The financial situation has been dire, my wage budget has been cut every single season so far, the current budget (2015/16) is just short of £2,500 a week but I have delivered a better position each year despite it!

2011/12 Final Position 20th (44 points): Scrappy year I was predicted to go down and two thirds in it was looking certain, but a stunning February and March saw me take 7 wins from 10, and despite losing my final 4 games of the season I stayed up by a single point.

2012/13 Final Position 19th (52 points): Another scrappy year. I never really got going and form dipped and dived, only managing back to back wins once in the whole season. Finished on a win to secure safety for another year.

2013/14 Final Position 10th (66 points): A much better year, despite another lower budget I found a few decent kids and kept some experienced heads. Never strung anything exceptional together but financially we are slightly better off, about 190k in the red now and we actually made a profit for the year.

2014/15 Final Position 7th (73 points): A frustrating season in the end, a fantastic start to this season saw me sitting top as we turned into the new year, but a smaller squad due to the again reduced budget saw condition crash in the second half and I plummeted to 7th, still my best season yet and things were looking up. (Reputation still unproven! :()

*2015/16 Current Position 4th (43 points after 24 games): The season is going well. Fitness is still a major problem and a protracted FA Cup run hasnt helped, we beat League 2 opposition Dagenham & Redbridge to reach the second round against Swansea (Championship) and went ahead twice in a ding dong of a match that ended up 5-3 to them. The reduced wage budget (again!) and prize money from the run see us out of the red with a monthly profit of 104k. I would like to think we have a shot at the play-offs this season but I fear condition will take its toll again. I have finally reached Regional reputation..yay!

More info as and when I get there :)

2010/2011 Blue Square South 5th Promoted via Play-offs

2011/2012 Blue Square Premier 20th

2012/2013 Blue Square Premier 19th

2013/2014 Blue Square Premier 10th

2014/2015 Blue Square Premier 7th

Nice of you to join me :)

Who are you currently managing?

I'm currently managing Tranmere, I started a new game as them last week. Currently in my 4th season with them first 2 seasons I finished 16th and 14th in League One. 3rd season won League one with 102 points, and now I'm fighting to stay in the Championship. :D

Who are you managing?

As much as id love to join you my little girl wont let me lay in lol

Aw lol.

I'm currently managing Tranmere, I started a new game as them last week. Currently in my 4th season with them first 2 seasons I finished 16th and 14th in League One. 3rd season won League one with 102 points, and now I'm fighting to stay in the Championship. :D

Who are you managing?

Leeds City as I mentioned in the first post :p

Started unemployed with sunday league rep using RTC's FM 11 to Level 11, applied for Leeds City as im from Leeds and got the job. Probably only because they are in the 11th tier of english football. Just finished my last pre-season friendly where we got stuffed 7-0 by Inverness, apart from that a 4-2 and 1-0 win against 2 unknown teams.

there is an all night thread in the careers forum, just letting you know cause I copped a hiding for posting in one once in GD :p

Ah, thanks for letting me know

I may play for another hour - but I certainly won't join in with Barker and TFs flirting.

Aw, that's a shame... :p

there is an all night thread in the careers forum, just letting you know cause I copped a hiding for posting in one once in GD :p

Thanks for the heads-up. :thup:

I remember there used to be an all nighter thread in this forum... but it got locked after a couple of month or so.

Ah, thanks for letting me know

no worries pal :)

Aw, that's a shame... :p

Thanks for the heads-up. :thup:

I remember there used to be an all nighter thread in this forum... but it got locked after a couple of month or so.

ahh, i have been off the forums for about 3 months so i missed it :p

I may join. I'm tired but I'm off work for four days now. I've decided to download an 11 tier update. I'm Dunkirk who are side local to where I live. Should be fun.

Let me know if you manage to sign any players worth looking at

Guess if we got the thread name changed to 'All Nighter (Includes Player Naming)' then player naming would be ok?

Just a case of a mod changing it.

The last one got closed. That was a couple of months back. Not sure why though. Probably because it wasn't in the right forum.

I reckon if we keep things general and put things in spoilers that need putting in spoilers we maybe alright. Player naming is in that.

Ah, I never realised there was another one a couple of months back.

I've not been on this forum much in recent times either. :thup:

Into January on my save and currently sitting 17th in the Championship, 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

Just got knocked out of the FA Cup away at Chesterfield. :thdn:

Ah, I never realised there was another one a couple of months back.

I've not been on this forum much in recent times either. :thup:

Into January on my save and currently sitting 17th in the Championship, 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

Just got knocked out of the FA Cup away at Chesterfield. :thdn:

Good luck staying up, pretty bad result in the FA Cup but sure you will bounce back.

Playing away against Norton and Stockton Ancients in the FA Vase First Qualifying Round. We are favourites to win so hopefully it will happen

Heya all.

I'm busy procrastinating, got an essay due in a week so of course I'm doing the best thing for that - playing Football Manager 2011. Managing Newcastle, 2015-2016 season. Ashley was bought out by a sugar-daddy a few seasons ago, won the Premier League last season and attempting to hold onto my title this year, though after a strong first half of the season I am now struggling for second, with Arsenal surging ahead. Top scorer is Hulk, with about 36 goals over all competitions.

So a little disheartened, can't see myself winning this season but ah well, shall try to keep going as long as I can during the night. :p

Heya all.

I'm busy procrastinating, got an essay due in a week so of course I'm doing the best thing for that - playing Football Manager 2011. Managing Newcastle, 2015-2016 season. Ashley was bought out by a sugar-daddy a few seasons ago, won the Premier League last season and attempting to hold onto my title this year, though after a strong first half of the season I am now struggling for second, with Arsenal surging ahead. Top scorer is Hulk, with about 36 goals over all competitions.

So a little disheartened, can't see myself winning this season but ah well, shall try to keep going as long as I can during the night. :p

Good luck with the title surge

Archived