v. Melbourne Knights (AUS)

v. Bangkok Glass (THA)

v. Persiba Balikpapan (IND)

v. Changchun (CHN)

@ YB Fayuan (CHN - our feeder club)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to build a fantasy new nation up. Based in the Old City walls of Jerusalem. Going to take some time.

My club is dominating the league. 4 straight premier league championships, 3 FA cup titles, 3 community shield trophies and a 6-3-9 record in Europe. 4-star training facilities, professional status, recruits around the world. The team is made up of half the national team and a few Israeli and eastern European U21/23 players.

Doing very well. Except the national job won't open up.

And now get this: my club was just sold to a consortium of foreign investors. They tell me they intend to bring in a new coach. What?!? Luckily within a week they had changed their minds. But seriously? I'm still not sure they might not let me go when my contract comes up in 3 years.

They did just lose in the 2012 Euro Final...

I wonder why the guy was even fired...

Edit: I think I have to take Holland. If Poland were in Asia, or Africa, where that squad could have a shot at attaining some sort of success, I would definitely do it. As is, I just can't. :(

Started a Journeyman's Career at the weakend got leauge from england.all spain.top 2, germany.top2. italy.top2 brazil.top. argentina.top portugal.all hollaand top 2. wales.prem. france.top 2. im curently in my 4th season gone from start at afc telford to curently manageing Associação Desportiva do Carregado here is my summary

code:

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11 Afc Telford England Blue Square Bet North 1St Champions,Shortlisted for manager year did not get it.

2011/12 Afc Telford England Blue Square Bet Premier 10th None

2012/13 Afc Telford England Blue Square Bet Premier 20th Resinged

2013/14 Associação Desportiva do Carregado Portugal Campeonato Nacional da Segunda Divisão Zona Centro curentley playing

For my sins, I'm currently managing Irtysh Pavlodar in Kazakhstan. Joined in May 2017, and am on the course for back-to-back titles after a 4th place finish in my first full season. Without a three-round run in the Europa League qualifiers and the Champions League appearance money, my club would be broke, but as it is I have about 1.5m in the bank which will disappear at roughly 60k every month until Europe rolls around again. As such, my transfer budget is around 100k and remains unspent, whereas my payroll totals around 6k/wk.

Five matches before the end of the season, and on the eve of a match between the two teams, 3rd place Lokomotiv Astana sack their manager and offer me the job. I'm over 10 points clear of them, and have no desire of moving. Then I see the budgets - 30k/wk in wages, and a £5m transfer budget! Given that in the ten years since the game began they've made two Champions League qualifying ties and never breached the Europa League qualifiers, where is their money coming from!? They only get around 2500 in for a home game, and they're certainly not making that money in transfer fees.

More to the point, if they have that kind of money then why aren't they dominating the league? It's only Kazakhstan, I could establish a dynasty for £500k!

Still, I'm staying put...

EDIT: We won 3-1, having a man sent off at 1-1. Glad I turned them down :)

Hmmmm. Thinking about pressing my luck.

Got away with applying for St. Pauli last season without comment from the board.

Now Rapid Vienna's manager is "very insecure." They were 9th (out of 10), but a win over the bottom side has moved them up to 7th. They're going backward (in the game they've finished 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 5th, and crashed out of the Austrian Cup first round this season).

Austria's 1.Bundesliga is rated 2-1/2 stars, the Chinese Super League (where am I now) is 2 stars. Wondering if it's worth it to apply if the job opens up.

Five matches before the end of the season, and on the eve of a match between the two teams, 3rd place Lokomotiv Astana sack their manager and offer me the job. I'm over 10 points clear of them, and have no desire of moving. Then I see the budgets - 30k/wk in wages, and a £5m transfer budget! Given that in the ten years since the game began they've made two Champions League qualifying ties and never breached the Europa League qualifiers, where is their money coming from!?

Lokomotiv Astana have quite wealthy owner IRL.

Created a fantasy nation in...Oceania. Well two of them but the primary league is only based in one. A lot harder to compete on the global stage, despite the infusion of money we've got. (Due to an infusion of oil weath and a multinational demographic mostly led by westerners) Still, the three tier league is good and it's probably realistic. Loaded 70k players so there's a beautiful cross-section of players around and with lax nationality rules, it'll be interesting to see what we'll look like down the road. Still early yet though and global domination isn't imminent and a path to the World Cup less than easy to secure, but...should be fun trying to build them up into a global football power.

No more implausible than Qatar, anyway. :)

Started unemployment (sunday league footballer), got hired by Droylsden and spent the most of 4 seasons there:

1st: 18th BSN

2nd: 1st BSN (with 97 points and a 22 point lead) & manager of the year

3rd: 5th BSP (lost in play-off semi's) & manager of the year

4th: 1st BSP (with only 83 points!) and lost in FAT final (so disappointed, was hoping to win every league and cup in England at least once :() & runner-up manager of the year

Decided not to renew my contract as Droylsden just bleed money and I was worried about the lack of quality players interested in joining us. 4 days after not renewing my contract Hartlepool offered me their job, 32k wage budget (compared to 8k at Droylsden) and media prediction: 1st (compared to 24th at Droylsden). They have very few players in their squad and they're all on high wages (but also rather good for L2 standards) so need to spend my remaining 10k wage budget very carefully but I think instant promotion is a realistic goal if I can acquire enough depth and avoid too many injuries.

Staff is awful and all on long term deals. Still sacked the assistant manager though as he downright pitiful and I hate doing press conferences so I need a decent assistant manager. Bank balance is now around 0 (cost me 50k to sack the ass man) so I hope being in L2 will generate enough money to keep us out of the red. Quality of staff and players interested in joining Hartlepool is so much higher than I was used to at Droylsden... so really thrilled with that. Already found an assistant manager with 20 motivation willing to join us :D

Thought I would give you a snippet of my career so far; started unemployed with Sunday League reputation. And in October bottom in Blue Square South Wrexham offered me the job so i accepted. From then i went:

2010/11 - Wrexham - 17th Blue Square Premier - No real cup achievements.

2011/12 - Wrexham - 2nd Blue Square Premier - Lost Playoff Final

2012/13 - Wrexham - 1st Blue Square Premier - Promoted, 3rd Round FA Cup

2013/14 - Wrexham - 1st League 2 - Promoted

2014/15 - Wrexham - 5th League 1 - Promoted via Playoffs, Johnstone Paint Trophy winners

2015/16 - Left for Stoke with Wrexham 22nd in Championship

- Stoke - 6th Championship - Promoted via Playoffs

2016/17 - Stoke - 9th Premiership - Premier League Manager of the Year!

2017/18 - Stoke - 16th Premiership

In preseason for the 18/19 season Alan Shearer left Liverpool for Athletico Madrid, who have a tycoon, and they offered me the job so I accepted. Season is now in progress :)

Let me know if you think I should open a thread, or want more info...

Thought I would give you a snippet of my career so far; started unemployed with Sunday League reputation. And in October bottom in Blue Square South Wrexham offered me the job so i accepted. From then i went:

2014/15 - Wrexham - 5th League 1 - Promoted via Playoffs, Johnstone Paint Trophy winners

In preseason for the 18/19 season Alan Shearer left Liverpool for Athletico Madrid, who have a tycoon, and they offered me the job so I accepted. Season is now in progress :)

Yeah, open a thread. People will read more if you do.

The year is 2013, and managers are on the move.

Ancelotti leaves Chelsea for Atletico Madrid. Mancini leaves Man City for Chelsea. Michael Laudrup leaves Arsenal for City. David Moyes leaves Everton for Arsenal. Everton doesn't want to get left behind, so naturally they hire Clarence Seedorf.

Wenger had left Arsenal some time ago for Valencia. Also Rafa Benitez is back at Liverpool. :D

At Liverpool, first season there I finished 2nd in the League, behind Man Utd, won the Europa League and lost the FA Cup Final. So overall a good start :)

How is it going? I am in my 3rd season (pre-season) with AEK having finished 2nd (in both regular season and play-offs later). I qualified for the Champions League and I think I have a decent base for a starting line up but without any depth for subs or rotation. AEK and Greek superleague are still low in reputation which is going to make it very difficult to sign any first class names, even regens. updates to come soon!

After a dreadful start with Hartlepool in L2 and being under fire , mainly because I kept drawing matches, we finally managed to start winning and slowly but surely made our way up. Eventually finished 2nd with a silly record, something like 21-18-7. Leyton Orient became champions with 5 or 6 matches to play, behind them it was really tight between the 2nd and 10th spot. Ending the season 8-2-0 helped though :) Sadly a lot of contracts were expiring and wage demands were so high I couldn't afford them, which means we lost a lot of talent. Tried to rebuild in the preseason and thought I did a pretty decent job but after 9 matches in L1 we were bottom of the league with a 1-0-8 record and a goal difference of -19, 5f-24a (!). Since I didn't feel I would be able to get them going I resigned and hoped for a decent gig somewhere else in L1/L2.

I luckily had to wait for only 2 weeks when Cardiff came knocking on my door. They have a big debt and a small aging squad but have a much bigger fanbase than Hartlepool (bottom of the league in avg. attendance) so a lot more potential which is something I am incredibly thrilled by. Instantly lost my first 2 games in charge so it seems it will be a struggle to salvage anything from this season (5-2-7 atm). The club is also in progress of a board takeover, I hope that if that goes through some of the debt will be cleared. I would like to stay for a long while here, which means that unless an even bigger team poaches me away I won't be looking for a new job for a while (unless I get sacked that is).

Currently trying to get Northern Ireland to the best league in the world (i know its going to take alot commitment) currently rated a 1 1/2 stars but now getting noticed by better players and one of my players who i bought for just 60k is almost 1m so happy days.

Anyway on the European front we have started getting to the last qualifying stage for the champions league group stages but so far we've only ever got into the Europa league group stages.

oh and by the way im the mighty Linfield

Can't believe I have only just sumbled across this forum and thread. I love hearing about other people's careers and people at work get bored of hearing about mine!!

So, I have loaded the English leagues down to Lge 2, italian down to C1, Spanish 1st and 2nd, Dutch top division and France down to the Ntional. Wanted to load more but that is the max my computer could take.

Started unemployed as a Urugyian professional footballer. Offered a few jobs but none really appealed After about half a season I was offered the Monza job who were in relegation troble. Managed to save them first season and then win the league the second. In the 3rd season and was offered the Reggina job about 3/4 of the way through with a start date of the following season and I accepted. kept Monza up and now, in my 4th season have won Serie B with Reggina. Hope to keep them up before moving on again to a decent team in one of the top divisions loaded.

Enjoying this save. One of my favourite FM saves of all time.

This is the reward of putting in some more effort into your game....

12 months ago AEK had a balance of 100k euros!!! now... 22M euros! how? selling 3-4 players i had snatched as free transfers and qualifying to the champions league group stage! now we can breathe!

Sorry i have to ask that and PLEASE find me a reasonable explanation because i cannot understand this game some times. :p

So among other players in my team I have one called Leandro Augusto and one called Juraj Kucka. Kucka is a lot better than Augusto in general but the discussion is about free kicks. so during the pre-season i chose Augusto to be taking the free kicks as he has a free kick attribute of 18. Kucka on the other hand has 11. suddenly now i see that one of my coaches is suggesting me to remove Augusto from taking free kicks and add Kucka in his place. WHY? :confused:

please find me an explanation so i know that the game doesn't go crazy some times! :rolleyes:

The only thing i can thing of is the coach's poor judgment attributes. But shouldn't he remain silence instead of going around suggesting stuff?

Can't believe I have only just sumbled across this forum and thread. I love hearing about other people's careers and people at work get bored of hearing about mine!!

So, I have loaded the English leagues down to Lge 2, italian down to C1, Spanish 1st and 2nd, Dutch top division and France down to the Ntional. Wanted to load more but that is the max my computer could take.

Started unemployed as a Urugyian professional footballer. Offered a few jobs but none really appealed After about half a season I was offered the Monza job who were in relegation troble. Managed to save them first season and then win the league the second. In the 3rd season and was offered the Reggina job about 3/4 of the way through with a start date of the following season and I accepted. kept Monza up and now, in my 4th season have won Serie B with Reggina. Hope to keep them up before moving on again to a decent team in one of the top divisions loaded.

Enjoying this save. One of my favourite FM saves of all time.

Are you doing a career thread? You should do!

Sorry i have to ask that and PLEASE find me a reasonable explanation because i cannot understand this game some times. :p

So among other players in my team I have one called Leandro Augusto and one called Juraj Kucka. Kucka is a lot better than Augusto in general but the discussion is about free kicks. so during the pre-season i chose Augusto to be taking the free kicks as he has a free kick attribute of 18. Kucka on the other hand has 11. suddenly now i see that one of my coaches is suggesting me to remove Augusto from taking free kicks and add Kucka in his place. WHY? :confused:

please find me an explanation so i know that the game doesn't go crazy some times! :rolleyes:

The only thing i can thing of is the coach's poor judgment attributes. But shouldn't he remain silence instead of going around suggesting stuff?

Guessing it's because of your coaches' poor judgement. And Yes, he should have kept his mouth shut, but hey, never mind. Coaches are only there for guidance, not absolute dictation

My starting right-back threw a hissy fit when I told him: "I'm the manager and decide whether you go or stay" after his notion that he wanted to move to a bigger club. He got "alienated" with me again obviously as players do really easily, extremely annoying 'feature' imo. So decided to offer him a mutual contract termination which he accepted. His contract was expiring in 6 months and he didn't want to extend but it still caused me to lose a player I didn't want to lose just yet in my weakest line (defence). Reason I did it is because of his high wages and alienated players always having really poor morale, so I needed the wage relieve to find a replacement.

Maybe I should just apologise when they get upset, it would feel extremely fake to me but losing player after player because they get alienated with me over minor disagreements is pretty ridicilous. At Hartlepool it happened with me starting goalie (for 3 (!!!) seasons) after I fined him 1 week for poor performance, 3 other players accepted the fine but my goalkeeper got alienated with me for just that and he was the one with the worst rating out of the bunch, so tilting.

Started a game as Hungarian side Ferencvaros, might turn it into a Career thread but so far after 4 games I've won 1, drawn 1, lost 2. An average start.

Season - Team - League - Final Position
2010/11 - Ferencvaros - Hungarian I Liga - N/A

Is that how you do the Code box thing?

Seriously. Only TWO regens out of 5 seasons worth of intake are barely worth keeping around for a season???

After 9 seasons with Torino I have 2 in my team and 1 in the squad :-( I'd love to have more but it's just not happening at the moment.

I wanted to win the title and then buy just Italian players and staff and try to repeat it. So I've got 2 titles and Italian Super Cups now, and in just over a season I've got the squad down to just 2 foreigners. For 19/20 I should be totally Italian. Although I've won 2 in a row I still can't attract the 'biggest' players so I'm having to gamble on quite a few young players.

Hopefully I can win the title like this before 11.3 comes out.

Good luck everyone.

Archived