Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Amarante

Argentina - Croatia, Thursday, 7pm BST

Am really not surprise with how this match panned out. Sampoli hasn't got the time to integrate his tactics with the squad. Dybala and Messi can't play together and a lack of a creative mid has shown us that Argentina dispite all their quality in attack is a really poor side. Sampoli shouldn't have taken the job. And to those stating that Sampoli should have taken Icardi, Augero scored more than 20 goals last season along with Higuain an attack of Higuain, Augero and Messi plus dybala and Di Maria Argentina is not short of goals. What they lack is the midfield to link their attack and protect their defense.
  3. The speed of he counter/ transition was probably best summed up by Ian Dowie: "They can hit you so fast on the break that every time WE got a corner I was s##ting myself!" Different era I know but it was always one of Fergie's signature styles.
  4. D_LO_

I don't really understand what you're saying but it's quite simple I don't think Nigeria or Iceland have much quality going forward. So Argentina are well in with a shout of finishing 2nd.
  5. Snorks

Varying Contract Releases

That's what I thought as well. While SI do a hell of a jb getting accuracy into the game, some things are simply not public knowledge so a 'guess-timate' is used. Like @zlatanera says, there will be an element of randomness every save, but within reasonably expected limits.
  6. Icelander83

What sort of nonsense is this? We have literally never played a game at major Championships and been held goalless ffs
  7. A Belarc Report was sent to your side on forums@sigames.com as instructed
  8. wetfred

Fm18- Spurs

I'm only about 20 games in and haven't had any injuries with him at all.
  9. D_LO_

They're not out of it. It's hard to see Nigeria or Iceland stringing a couple of successful attacks together let alone get a win. If Sampaoli could get back to basics and play defenders in defence, play a system that the team is at least familiar with and some half decent midfielders (on the ball) they can find themselves in with a chance against another average looking team in France in the last 16.
  10. Today
  11. Anthrax Dave

Croatia given the 2 best performances so far. I really fancy them to make the Semi-Finals at the very least.
  12. Vynal Seven

Does anyone else kinda miss awful keepers?

I know teams like to pass around at the back but when you’re so exposed you can’t play around with your Willy. Where’s the fire emoji?
  13. Chelsea would play Liverpool on the 28th October, a year to the weekend since the corresponding fixture last season. In that fixture, Liverpool had won 3-1 and an interview with a fan channel had resulted in one Chelsea supporter losing his job at an insurance firm. Spencer would meet the press a day before the match, and Sid Collingwood brought up the rivalry between the two clubs, which was competitive rather than geographic. “We've played Liverpool a lot down the years and it almost always meant something. I mean, who can forget the 3-2 in 2008? Or the 4-4 the following season, how can that not be great to experience?” Steven Moore of the Daily Mail then asked about the Manchester Derby. “I just can't see United winning that game. Not without Ibrahimovic.” Dan Levene of Get West London then asked about whether it might be hard to control the players passion. “They've been reminded of their professional requirements.” “...kick off in that game is at eight o’clock, we will have live coverage here on BBC Radio London, and we now go to the tunnel at Stamford Bridge where our reporter Sam Drury is with George Spencer.” “Thanks Nick. Mr Spencer, it's a big day all round; how much do you look forward to taking on your rivals?” “Well, it's always a tremendous occasion and the atmosphere is something to behold. Hopefully we can harness the energy and intensity of the day and send the fans home happy.” “So Jamie (Carragher), your prediction?” “Well, I know this will come across as biased but I can't see anything other than a Liverpool win. Chelsea have been a bit shaky lately and the absence of Hazard will be crucial in my book. I think 2-1 Liverpool.” Chelsea Courtois Azpilicueta David Luiz Cahill Marcos Alonso Matic Kanté Willian Fàbregas Pedro Diego Costa Substitutes: Begovic Gayà Terry Camacho Moses Chalobah Batshuayi Liverpool Karius Clyne Matip Lovren Moreno Wijnaldum Henderson Mané Lallana Coutinho Firmino Substitutes: Mignolet, Klavan, Milner, Origi, Can, Stewart, Lucas Referee: Lee Mason Liverpool attacked from the kick off and it nearly bore fruit. Philippe Coutinho played a one-two with Henderson before setting off on a run before passing back to Wijnaldum. Wijnaldum passed back to Matip, before finding Mané on the right. Mané cut inside, taking the ball to the edge of the area before shooting straight at Courtois. Chelsea looked to counter, but Costa was upended by Lovren, who received a yellow card. In the fifth minute, a pass from Mané to Firmino was intercepted by Matic, who drove the ball ahead of Pedro. Pedro got away from Matip before cutting inside on the box and shooting from an acute angle, but Karius did well to tip the ball behind. A minute later, Fàbregas was upended by Moreno on the edge of the box, earning the Liverpool defender a yellow card. Willian's free kick was saved by Karius, although he couldn't hold onto it. Chelsea had been looking to assert themselves, but the pendulum swung in the eleventh minute. Clyne angled a throw in down the line for Mané, who passed to Henderson. Henderson passed to Wijnaldum, who found Firmino. Firmino angled a 30 yard pass to Coutinho on the left, and Coutinho played it right to Wijnaldum. Wijnaldum found Lallana, who pinged it first time to Firmino. Firmino slipped the ball in to Mané, who fired a shot into the roof of the net, despite Courtois getting his fingertips to it, to cap off a superb team move, as Alan Smith on Sky Sports commented “Now that's football!” Liverpool then nearly made it two, as Henderson searched out Moreno first time. Moreno got past Azpilicueta before having a go from a tight angle, which Courtois did well to tip wide. In the twentieth minute, Coutinho pulled up with a calf strain. Liverpool were on top, and in the 21st minute Sadio Mané's low cross nearly deflected into the net off Cahill, but the fingertips of Courtois diverted it and Azpilicueta cleared. In the 27th minute, Courtois had to be on hand to turn a Lallana shot behind. Although Liverpool had the upper hand, Costa was still tormenting the defence, and Wijnaldum received a yellow card in the 29th minute for a foul on the target man. Chelsea then started to look more dangerous, and in the 33rd minute Costa played a pass to Willian, who fed the ball to the left ahead of Fàbregas. Fàbregas played in Kanté, whose shot was secured by Karius. In the 35th minute, Pedro found Fàbregas to his right. Fàbregas was dispossessed by Henderson, and Wijnaldum looked for a first time ball to Firmino. Cahill, however, made a great interception and sent a high, searching volley forward. Diego Costa timed his run to perfection and got into the area before hitting a first time volley into the net, giving Karius no chance and sending the crowd wild. As “Diego, Diego, Diego” reverberated around Stamford Bridge, Martin Tyler described the goal as “Glorious stuff, and the assist from Cahill deserves a second viewing as well”. Right from the kick off, Liverpool lost possession as Willian intercepted a pass by Matip. He then found Costa, who looked for Kanté to his left. Kanté was dispossessed just inside the area, but Pedro got to the loose ball and shot from a tight angle, with Karius managing to save. In the 42nd minute, a pass from Diego Costa found Fàbregas, who whose hopeful shot from distance was well wide. In the 45th minute, Mané played the ball to Lallana, who put a hopeful shot wide. Lallana then pulled up with a dead leg. Lallana was taken off at half time and replaced by Origi, before Pedro hit a shot at Karius in the opening seconds of the half. Origi then looked to set up Mané, who played in Firmino. Firmino sent a bullet at the top corner which Courtois did well to save, before Mané's attempted cross back was cleared by David Luiz. Coutinho then sent a free kick sailing over the bar. Coutinho had been playing on a calf strain since the 20th minute and pulled up in the 51st, forcing Klopp to replace him with James Milner. A Liverpool counter-attack then resulted in Origi hitting a first time effort which went harmlessly wide. In the 58th minute, a trip on Origi earned Marcos Alonso a yellow card, with the Firmino sending the free kick at the wall before Alonso was able to dispossess Clyne and clear. Liverpool then had another free kick, which he sent too high. In the 64th minute, a tackle by Matip on Kanté saw the ball break to Pedro. Pedro outpaced Clyne and wriggled away from Matip before crossing the ball to the far post, where Costa arrived to volley the ball home. However, Liverpool attacked from the off. Clyne’s cross into the area was headed clear by David Luiz, but Lee Mason spotted a push on Milner by the defender and pointed to the spot, to the disbelief of the home supporters. James Milner stepped up and although Courtois went the right way, he couldn't get there. Almost immediately afterwards, a pass by Matip found Clyne. Clyne passed it forward to Mané, who was tripped by Alonso. Lee Mason blew for a foul and was called Alonso over, pulling the yellow card - Alonso's second - out of his pocket as he walked towards the full back. Spencer opted to sacrifice Willian, bringing José Gayà on. As Chelsea fans were wondering if things could get any worse, they almost did. Jordan Henderson sent the ball into the area and Matip seemed to have connected to give Liverpool the lead. However, Matip had been offside, and the goal was ruled out. Chelsea then went up the other end, and Pedro's long ball found Costa. Costa, on a hat trick, was one-on-one with only Karius to beat, but he couldn't get enough on his attempt to chip Karius, and the Liverpool keeper caught it. Costa then fed in Pedro, whose shot sailed wide of the mark. In the 72nd minute, Firmino had a great chance to score, but he sent his shot wide. Two minutes later, Henderson sent a free kick over the bar. With fifteen minutes remaining, Kanté fed in Costa, who ran into the area before having an effort which Karius pushed away. Liverpool then made their third change, replacing Lovren with Klavan. In the 79th minute, Milner played in Firmino, whose shot hit the side netting. The match ran out of steam in the last ten minutes, as Camacho replaced Fàbregas in the ninetieth minute, but a draw was arguably a fair result. 28th October 2016, 20:00: Barclays Premier League - at Stamford Bridge, London Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool (Diego Costa 35, 64, Marcos Alonso s/o 66; Mané 11, Milner pen 65) Man of the Match: Diego Costa “You were unlucky out there,” Spencer said in the dressing room after the match. “I felt that you were good enough to get three points. Diego, that was a superb performance.” He then beckoned to Marcos Alonso. “A word please, Alonso.” “Getting yourself sent off like that was not acceptable,” Spencer said in the tactics room. “Not only was that your second sending off of the season, you were booked twice in two minutes. I gave you a warning the first time it happened, so you're fined a week's wages.” “David Luiz made a mistake today which led to Liverpool's equaliser,” said Tom Clarke of the Mirror. “How do you think the incident will affect him?” “He'll recover,” Spencer replied. “He'll bounce back better than ever.” “You must have been proud of how your side reacted to the red card,” put in Craig Charlesworth, “especially the spirit they showed in achieving that result.” “Yes, it was a magnificent effort and I'm delighted. They worked their socks off and were rewarded for their efforts.” “We all enjoyed Diego Costa's first goal,” said Steven Moore, “It must have been fantastic to see one of your players score a goal like that. How did you rate it?” “That's what he's capable of - it was a magnificent strike from a magnificent player.” “And his performance?” “He was the best player on the pitch and absolutely faultless.” Jurgen Klopp admitted that Liverpool needed “a bit of luck here and there” and also that Costa had been “a class apart”. On social media, Chelsea fans also raved about Costa, one of them simply stating “I love Diego Costa.” The Manchester Derby on Saturday lunchtime saw United run out 4-1 winners at Old Trafford. Ander Herrera opened the scoring in the eighteenth minute, and although Leroy Sané equalised midway through the second half, United then blitzed their opponents with a brace from Anthony Martial and a goal from Chris Smalling, despite a late red card for Herrera. One Manchester City fan claimed that he “nearly threw my season ticket at Guardiola. Absolutely fuming.”, while another stated, “We should have our tickets refunded and the players should pay for it, disgraceful performance in a derby match.” In the other games, Crystal Palace and Leicester played out a 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park, while Everton and Burnley drew 0-0 at Goodison. Stoke beat Hull 2-0 at the Britannia Stadium, while a brace from Troy Deeney was enough for Watford to beat Swansea 2-1. However, the North London Derby saw the occurrence of “Invincibles day” as an Eric Dier own goal proved the difference in Arsenal's 2-1 win at the Emirates. Sunday's fixtures saw Bournemouth win the South Coast Derby 1-0 at St Mary's, while a late André Ayew winner saw West Ham win 2-1 at The Hawthorns. The Monday night game saw Sunderland win 1-0 at Middlesbrough. League Table (October) Pos Inf Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag GD Pts 1st Man Utd 10 8 1 1 24 5 19 25 2nd Man City 10 7 1 2 20 9 11 22 3rd Watford 10 6 3 1 15 9 6 21 4th Liverpool 10 6 2 2 27 14 13 20 5th Burnley 10 5 3 2 11 9 2 18 6th Tottenham 10 4 5 1 22 13 9 17 7th Arsenal 10 5 2 3 16 7 9 17 8th Chelsea 10 5 2 3 18 12 6 17 9th Bournemouth 10 5 2 3 10 13 -3 17 10th Southampton 10 4 3 3 17 14 3 15 11th Leicester 10 4 2 4 10 20 -10 14 12th West Ham 10 3 4 3 15 12 3 13 13th Everton 10 3 2 5 11 14 -3 11 14th Sunderland 10 3 2 5 6 12 -6 11 15th Stoke 10 2 3 5 8 14 -6 9 16th West Brom 10 2 2 6 14 16 -2 8 17th Middlesbrough 10 2 2 6 5 14 -9 8 18th Swansea 10 1 3 6 7 18 -11 6 19th Hull 10 1 2 7 6 23 -17 5 20th Crystal Palace 10 0 2 8 2 16 -14 2 In the Champions League, Tuesday saw Leicester demolish Shakhtar 5-1 in Lviv, while Tottenham defeated Legia Warsaw 5-0. Wednesday saw Manchester City win 3-2 away to Villarreal, while Arsenal survived an red card to draw 1-1 at home to Real Madrid. In the Europa League, Southampton defeated Fiorentina 2-1; the Daily Mail later published a story featuring the Fiorentina players training on the pitch of Southern League side Winchester City the following day. Elsewhere, West Ham lost 3-1 at home to Monaco. Manchester United won 4-0 away to Feyenoord. In the Friday night fixture, Bournemouth won 2-0 at Hull to briefly move into the top five.
  14. This is an FM17 file. I'm having a really frustrating and - to me at least - inexplicable issue with my advanced rules league system. My top division terminates and sets up its fixtures for the next season. The three levels below hang after their final games, and never renew, despite all the league fates being visibly assigned correctly. I can't spot where the mistake causing this is. Could someone better than me offer a fresh pair of eyes? The file is attached. Fjorder (compressed)_CA629BBF-E129-4C09-8649-1F41E3B1B72B.fmf
  15. Vynal Seven

Does anyone else kinda miss awful keepers?

I think for the next game Argentina have to take their Willy out.
  16. zlatanera

I've always assumed that SI don't actually know the precise details of everyone's contracts, so they're just making estimates based off what they do know. So with Achraf, they think its between £10million and £20million, hence the variation. That's my theory anyway.
  17. Yesterday
  18. Makoto Nakamura

[FM18] Following the money using the Asian persuasion

September 2032 Well we've faced the teams who are top 3 and already have a good goal difference, hopefully we can turn things around.
  19. yonko

The hot girls and guys thread!

Ah, kids will be kids.
  20. I already pointed out the change about dribble more not being selected by default for the F9 role any longer. The SV role by the essence of the role is a DM moving to CM and even AM when with Attacking duty or Support duty with Get Further Forward selected (as it's available). To me this is one of those roles, like F9, Libero, HB, etc., that has coding under the hood which allows movement up and down between the horizontal lines (stratas). So if one wants the SV to get into AM area (as opposed to just CM area, for example) without losing the defensive responsibility that comes with the support duty, then one would select Get Further Forward since it's available for selection with the Support Duty. It's not under the hood, it's on the instructions panel. It's visible. Just like for other roles on Support duty. Moreover, if it's an instruction available in the Instruction Panel, then it's not under the hood.....the instruction panel is the hood, if you know what I'm saying. That goes also for preselected default instructions for the role. If we can see the instructions, then it's on the hood, not under the hood. You know what I mean? Under the hood behavior is coding not available on the panel, basically. So for me, it's simple - select the instruction if it's available and if you want the player to perform it - in this case, dribble more.
  21. Dwells2015

Fm18- Spurs

Has Dolberg been injury prone for you??? My scouts think he will be
  22. Dwells2015

Yeah I use the same database every time. 18.3 update
  23. jwchriste

[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

Nice. Since the database starts K&H (and most teams it seems) with 1000 capacity stadiums, I didn't want my board to build a new one too soon so I edited Adastra Park to make it brand new - gave it a "build date" of 2017. I think I meant to increase the expansion capacity as well but forgot. Hopefully, by the time I'm 20 years in, a 5000 seat stadium will still be sufficient. If not, at least it will be a challenge to overcome. Fun note: I also changed the name of the stadium to "The Pub" (I thought it suited the club logo) and gave the club a nickname - "The Misfits." So my supporters can go down to The Pub and cheer on The Misfits.
  24. I'm using my 1991-1992 database that I made for Football Manager 2016, which you can download HERE. It is the summer of 1991. The English top flight is Division One. There is no such thing as the Premier League and never will be. Arsenal are the reigning Champions of England. I have just taken charge of Leeds United, who finished fourth last season, which is a fantastic achievement for a newly promoted club. This season the aim is to bring home the title for the first time in 18 years. Here is my squad: I feel like I have a good back room team in place and have no plans currently to make any changes: Here are some key players in my squad: TONY DORIGO: A true flying wing back, there are few better in the role than Dorigo. With a target man like Lee Chapman up front, service from the wings will be crucial. Dorigo will be expected to contribute as much going forward as at the back. CHRIS FAIRCLOUGH: A centre-back renowned for his man marking abilities, Fairclough is 27 years old, and hasn't quite managed to meet the expectations that many had for him as a youngster. I want to change that. STEVE HODGE: A versatile midfielder with a wealth of experience and 24 England caps. He has that priceless knack of popping up with a goal at crucial moments. JOHN LUKIC: A goalkeeper that can consider himself unlucky to have not been capped by his country yet. He is in his second to Leeds after picking up a title winners medal as Arsenal's first choice 'keeper. GARY McALLISTER: A classy midfielder with great vision and an equally great range of passing. He also has an eye for goal and is a set-piece specialist. GARY SPEED: One of the most exciting young talents in the country. A versatile midfielder who is quick, can dribble, cross, finish and has a great leap and heading ability. If a right winged cross evades Lee Chapman, don't be surprised to see Speed arrive from the left wing and get on the end of it. MEL STERLAND: For Sterland, see Dorigo. There are few right backs I would rather have. He will get up and down the right flank all day, and provide great crosses for Lee Chapman to stick his head on. For a fullback, he also has a great eye for goal. GORDON STRACHAN: My captain and a man who's energy and stamina belie his advanced years. A born leader and last season's Football Writer's Player of the Year. ROD WALLACE: A young striker with great skill and pace and a world of potential. I think he could form a great 'little and large' combination with Lee Chapman. CHRIS WHYTE: Classy experienced centre-back. DAVID BATTY: A tenacious midfielder that allows more creative players around him to flourish. Not that Batty himself is simply a ball winner, he is just as good in possession as he is at winning possession. ERIC CANTONA: A mercurial, temperamental talent, who's career is in danger of going off the rails. This is his chance to fulfil his enormous potential. LEE CHAPMAN: A striker with clearly defined strengths and weaknesses. Play to his strengths and he will bag you goals, as evidenced by his 31 goal haul last season. It basically comes down to this - get crosses in the box and Chapman will get you goals. In my squad I have some experienced campaigners in Chris Kamara, Mervyn Day, John McClelland, Andy Williams, Carl Shutt, Bobby Davidson and Imre Varadi. Here are our most promising youngsters: DAVID WETHERALL: JON NEWSOME: GARY KELLY: NOEL WHELAN: Here's our pre-season schedule: We'll take a look at how pre-season went in my next post.
  25. Makoto Nakamura

[FM18] Following the money using the Asian persuasion

2032/33 Pre-Season A small pre-season but a very good 2 games. The board just want me to avoid relegation again. No players leave us but 3 join.
  26. Baptista_8

Yeah where is Garay?
  27. noikeee

The Circle of Fitness Activists

New HOYD. Not amazing but will do for now. Croatian nationality could be pretty interesting if it helps us get Croatian regens.
  28. noikeee

The Circle of Fitness Activists

Yeah he's one of our stars, but has just ****ed up his knee: We have some very high profile players for a 2nd tier team, it feels like half the squad is a top tier team that got dumped here (probably because that's exactly what MTK are). The problem is that they're older than time itself. There's 42-caps-for-Hungary striker Sándor Torghelle (now 35 years old) and the incredibly talented but super slow 33 year old midfielder József Kanta. I'm using Kanta in midfield but not so much Torghelle, I'm picking the 19 year old Szerencsi instead. Nowhere near as talented but critically, much quicker:
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?