All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hmmm i'll take a look but i'm dubious that would work - especially with the numerous people that experience this issue, including @tezcatlipoca665 comment directly above
  3. Macclesfield FC - 2024-25 Season - Season 1 - VNLN (Tier 6) - 2nd (Promoted via Playoffs!) Season Update An ideal first season. VNLN/S is an absolutely brutal league to get out of, with only 1 automatic promotion place for 24 teams. Unfortunately, we weren't able to secure promotion automatically but fought admirably through the playoffs, comfortably dispatching 5th-placed Chorley 4-0 in the Semi-Final, and scraping a hard-fought 2-1 victory against 4th-placed Scarborough in the Final. We spent the majority of the season hanging around third place, but thanks to a long run of bad form in the latter stages of the season by promotion rivals Scarborough we climbed to second place on the last day of the season proper. While we've done very well to get promoted, it will take a lot of work to avoid relegation next season. We are losing some players who didn't want to renew their contracts, and one player is retiring. None of our youth players are ready to play a role in the first team yet either, so we will essentially be competing with a weaker squad in a stronger league. Still, I'm optimistic for the future! Youth Candidates We had an excellent intake with 5 high-potential players. This will be critical in our longer-term development. (Note: Ignore the bugged player faces, I've since fixed them with NewGAN!) Key Player We had no standout players this season, but the best of a bad bunch was 23-year-old Sam Perry. He was ever-present for us in the defensive midfield position this season, scoring 5 and assisting 7 in 50 starts. His ability to fill in as a central defender or right fullback when needed was helpful. He will be crucial in our upcoming relegation battle. Hot Prospect Our intake brought in several promising-looking players, the pick of the bunch being 15-year-old German-English Defender Konstantin Fischer. His mentals and technicals need work but his physicals are already average for this level, so he should be able to start contributing soon. His main weakness is his personality type being Fickle, which I'll hopefully be able to address through mentoring. Transfers I unfortunately was unable to prevent 2 players from leaving the club on a free. Obviously, no one came in! Squad Looks like we'll still be relying on our starting squad for most of next season. League Table We placed second a long way behind Champions Scunthorpe, but a successful run through the playoffs will have us competing in the 5th tier next season! Club Info I was able to secure the board's investment into improving Youth Facilities, Junior Coaching Budget AND Improved Youth Recruitment. At this rate, by the time we're in the top division, we'll have the best Youth Setup in the world! I did also request a Senior Affiliate purely for the extra cash, but unfortunately only one club wanted us and they weren't willing to pay a penny! I'll have to try that again next season... Finances Finally, the finances: We're doing OK for now due to our success in the league and decent runs in the cups, so no immediate risk of catastrophic financial collapse. Thanks all for reading, and I hope to update you again soon after my next season.
  4. I'm pleased to inform you that the team at Fusion DB has released their usual update which unlocks the Italian Serie D. Serie D is the fourth tier of the Italian football league system. It is the highest amateur division and sits below Serie C, the lowest professional division. Serie D is made up of multiple regional groups and is often the entry point for many clubs aiming to rise through the Italian football ranks. The division includes a mix of historic clubs such as Livorno, Reggina (now Reggio Calabria), Piacenza, Sambenedettese, etc., all with large fan bases, and emerging teams aspiring to reach professional status, like Alcione Milano, Union Clodiense, Pianese, and the 'foreign' club Victor San Marino, among others. Promotion from Serie D leads to Serie C, while relegation sends teams down to the even more regionalized fifth tier, known as 'Eccellenza'. Serie D is not just the beating heart of semi-professional Italian football, but also a crucible of undiscovered talents. This mod offers you the opportunity to unearth and nurture young prospects, plan your market strategy, and face the unique management challenges that only lower leagues can offer. So if you're looking for new challenges with new teams, you might want to try out this pack. It also includes an essential update that fixes issues and errors in the professional leagues (Serie A, Serie B, and especially Serie C). LINK:
  5. I think part of the issues is that development is very linear. you go one step each progression and it can take a long long time for players to reach their potential in some cases in my experience. It would be great to see some variation of a teenager just bursting onto the scene and have the attributes of a world class player after having marginal attributes during their youth career. Obviously this is PA willing I'm not asking for just have a player go from tweener championship to top level premier league player in the matter of a few months.
  6. Btw, do you have a solution for showing the attributes on the scouting reports?
  7. I see that happening as well too. It feels random where it just goes back to one of players you double-clicked or something. Don't know how to replicate it but it always happens.
  8. April 2062 Paxtakor are the best team in the country by a mile, so this will be our 1st big test of the season. And holy smokes, it went in our favour. We smashed them. Javohir Toshmatov is impressing his international manager (me...) and he gets a hattrick as we top the table against Dinamo. We dominated in the Uzbek Cup but only a solitary Mo Khan goal to show for it - 35 shots. Our Northern Marianan Striker missed a penalty. The winning every week was bound to fall over eventually, a draw and then a defeat put a slight dampener on the month Javier Torres scores late to rescue a draw at the end of the month. Staying up is all that matters. Based on how it's going so far. That should be fine.
  9. Monday 7th August 2023 - Winger Tyler Spence rejects our offer of coming to St. Mungo's, Instead choosing to sign for Premier League Whitehaven. Tuesday 8th August 2023 - I head to Fratton Park to watch Owen Moxon in action for Pompey against Cambridge, unfortunately he doesn't make it off the bench so it was something of a wasted journey. Wednesday 9th August 2023 - I chose centre back Dan Harvey as our club captain, the former Gretna man is going to be a massively important figure for us this season, and it makes sense for him to wear the armband. Thursday 10th August 2023 - Second division Alston Moor are trying to poach striker Tony Anderson. I've asked him to stay, but will he be tempted by being guaranteed more football in the lower division? Saturday 12th August 2023 - A narrow defeat, our first loss during pre-season in the Four Counties Cup. This was a close run thing against our neighbours on the other side of the wall. Both teams had good chances, but it was the Lowland League outfit who ultimately came out on top thanks to their strong first half display. They advance to the final against Lancaster, whereas we take on Barnard Castle in the third place playoff. - Steve Dynan has turned down a move to Maryport Athletic, instead committing to Aspatria for the immediate future. - The season is underway in England, Jarrad Branthwaite had a decent game for Everton against Chelsea. Sunday 13th August 2023 - Our pre-season schedule wrapped up with our best performance so far. We secured third place in the Four Counties Cup with this emphatic win over the County Durham based Barnard Castle. Winger Ellis Pearson got us off to the best possible start after just three minutes when his drive found its way in. Michael Williamson doubled the lead with a cute chip over the onrushing keeper when he was played through on goal in the 27th minute. Newly appointed captain Dan Harvey scored a thudding header from a well delivered corner for the second game running shortly before half-time, a mistake by the Castle goalkeeper gifted Jackie Milburn our fourth, he more or less had a dropped catch land on his head and bounce in. The visitors got one back, but Andy Hudson's sweeping finish on 75 minutes made sure there would be no thoughts of a comeback. - Tony Anderson has accepted Alston Moor's offer to move to the Division Two side. I now need to begin looking for a new rotation option up front. Next Week -So that's it, our warm-up routine is complete, and the season begins in earnest next Saturday as Windermere Sports head up the A591 to St Mungo's. I think we are looking good and are ready to kick off this historic first season of football in the newly founded country of Cumbria. -Whilst understandably my focus this week will be on Aspatria's season kicking off, I will be making the 15-mile journey South-West to watch Whitehaven Miners Welfare Vs. Holker Old Boys on Sunday to see if anyone catches the eye as my first game against Turkey draws nearer.
  10. FM24.4 ME24.2 EF 424 V9 HUB TH P99 FA FM24.4EFKnap 424 V9 HUB TH P99 FA.fmf
  11. Today
  12. Fast forward to the end of June and Gibraltar slightly improved it's rankings in the Nation Club coefficient thanks to our strong run and the club improved a lot to 29 in the European club rankings. Gibraltar has not made any significant improvement and the HC is still there. I will likely abandon the build a nation part of this if I can't get the HC gig. The league moved up 7 more spots which has been helpful in getting players. Our club ranking improved a little bit, and we stayed at 2 stars for reputation. No additional upgrade for the youth facilities has come available to request. We have a very healthy cash balance and the board gave me a generous transfer and wage budget that I will not be able to spend. Scouting budget is re-upped at world, so don't need to adjust. Signed a couple of players and signed Merino for 2.5M at the end of his loan. He is a model citizen and good enough to play, so will be key to help develop other players personalities over time.. Jimmy Deniau is our new DLP. He has a rating of 71.2 and a great personality. Signed him for 8M Metzler is our new LW with a rating of 72.4. Signed him for 1.9M The current situation looks like this. Updated Current Season recruiting needs based on the Championship target: GK Gap: 0.6% - We are good CD Gap: 0%, 1.1% - We are good - opportunistically look for another backup FB Gap: 1.3%, 0.3% - We are good BWM Gap: 0.4% - We are good DLP Gap: 2.1% 1.5% - We are good Winger Gap: 1.5%, 2.1% 2.8% - Continue to look for an upgrade for RW - not urgent AP Gap: 0.6% 1.2% - We are good - Junyent moves here from DLP with the signing of Deniau ST Gap: 2.1% - Now the "worst" position, but Muller has a ton of potential, so am not going to replace him and we are good - opportunistically look for a young backup
  13. Really nice write-up! Good tactical analysis and well-realized realistic recreation in the game. Just the way I like it
  14. The Dutch Cup doesn't seem to work on this. Shame as i was starting a save
  15. Congratulations on winning the cup! The money should give you a much needed boost as well.
  16. FM24.4 ME24.2 WOF 424 V9 HUB TH P100 FA FM24.4EFKnap 424 V9 HUB TH P100 FA.fmf
  17. Has it been somewhat investigated if i may be so bold to ask?
  18. Ah okay, thanks - I thought I read somewhere that it calculated before each transfer window, but I guess not. Think I'm stuffed for this season then No changes in January for me!
  19. Reading this I can't help thinking of my team AIK in the Swedish league. Looking at our three latest league titles it has looked like this: 2018: Won the title letting in 15 goals in 30 games playing a 5-3-2 with a large focus on "shape" and defensive solidity. 2009: Won the title letting in 20 goals in 30 games, scoring only 36 in the process. Played a pretty straight 4-4-2, with a coach mentioning stability and "doing the simple things great" as their motto. 1998: Won the title leeting in 15 goals in 26 games, however 9 out of 15 was let in during the first 9 games before we switched keeper. More impressive, we scored only 25 goals in 26 games, meaning that we won the title while being the team with the least goals scored in the entire league. Needless to say, opposition fans are calling us boring quite often. Sometimes it is correct, but sometimes it just seems to be a matter of "you keep a lot of clean sheets therefor you must be boring". Since 2018 we have had our ups and downs, a lot due to the board thinking that the supporters need "entertaining" football to watch the games (could not be more wrong...), so we had a few bad seasons playing entertaining football, but now it seems like we are finally back on track with new manager Henning Berg. Under Berg we do not really care about possession, but we're not a passive team either. When the ball is lost or when there is an opposition goal kick AIK press high, but if the ball is not won we settle in a low/midblock, waiting for a mistake to pounce and attack with speed. Some examples of goals scored during 2024 (example_1,example_2, example_3) Trying to emulate it, I have the following so far: Formation: 4-2-3-1 In defense it is basically a narrow 4-4-1-1, but went for a 4-2-3-1 to get Modesto's aggressive runs into space from the right side. In attack, the left winger tucks in while the other stays high and wide, running into channels. The left back goes forward and wide, while the right side plays more like a traditional full back. Team Instructions Balanced mentality Play out of defence - Nordfeldt in goal is no stranger to kicking it far, but most often he's distributing it shorter to defenders. Fairly Narrow in attack Counter attack Counter press Mid block High defensive line - To get a tight mid block Press more often Press outside Players The goalkeeper is nothing weird, it is national team keeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt playing as a GK (D) The defensive line is a bit lopsided, with a WB (S) to the left and a FB (S) to the right. In some cases it might be a FB (A) to the right, as they are somewhat frequently popping up in the penalty area. In the center we have one CD (D) and one BPD (D). The double pivot is really depending on the players. Anton Saletros is the star, a complete midfielder that can take both offensive and defensive responsibilities. If he is paired with Bersant Celina, Saletros is playing like a DM (S) with hold position, and Celina is playing like a RPM (S) or SV (S). But if he is playing with Martin Ellingsen or Abdihakim Ali, Saletros is taking the attacking role. On the wings, we have Rui Modesto on the right. He is a natural wing back, but now he's our top scorer. He plays high and wide, but has constant runs in the channels. So I have tried him as an IF (A) with stay wider. The left side is tucking in into the AM strata if Celina or Ayari are playing there, so then I have a IW (S) with sit narrower, cut inside with the ball and roam from position. But if Coulibaly is playing there, he tucks in into the CM strata, so then it is a WM (S) in the CM strata with the same instructions. In the AM position, we play with a SS (A) or AM (S). Omar Faraj is a beast, playing like a AM target man and bullying opponents with his physicality while being surprisingly good in his passing and dribbling game. We also have Ayari and Besirovic who are smaller and more technical "pure" attacking midfielders. As a striker we have Ioannis Pittas, the Cypriot striker who never stops running. In fact he covered the 4th most ground of strikers world-wide per game last season. He really is a PF (A) with move into channels. Here is a typical Pittas goal. In the future we will also have former top talent John Guidetti returning from injury. He will either play the Pittas role or the Faraj role when returning. Currently not far into my testing, but went through the cup (played during pre-season) without conceding a single goal through 5 games, so it is looking promising. Will report back when I have more tangible results.
  20. Champions League Here We Come Not entirely sure how we have managed it, but we have qualified for the Champions League. I genuinely didn't even expect to get past Qarabag and after the 0-0 draw at home expected to be sent on our way. W beat them and then managed to thump Maccabi Tel Aviv, beat Cluj comfortably and then sent Luzern packing. The fixtures have not been kind to us, with huge ties at Ajax, Chelsea. Inter, Juventus, Man City and Benfica awaiting us. The ties against Sparta Prague and Aris are the ones we can hopefully get a couple of points from. Even if we lose all our games, we have still bagged a cool £12m from qualifying which is a huge amount of money and should see us get a few upgrades to our facilities sorted. I am also interested to see what qualifying does for the leagues standing in Europe. Below is the league ranking and coefficients from the start of the save.
  21. As you can see in this image, the segundo volante receives the ball without any opposition and runs to the small area to score. Meanwhile I have three of my players playing cards
  22. For me, Ajax specifically making signings isn't an issue and shouldn't really break immersion - especially looking at their recent recruitment IRL. I'm sure they've spent over 100million Euros this season and 113million last year. (Signing Calvin Bassey for 20mil from Rangers). The big issue is, IMO, them not using their youth system, at all. Pushing their younger players who are talented into their Jong team. And them creating no pathway for their youth players with their squad building not prioritising the youth system as it should.
  23. I highly doubt changing to a poacher instead of AF or TF will suddenly make KdB start to cross from the half space. I can tell a IW to cross less, I can't tell a winger to cross less, so I don't think that will make him use KdB more for the underlap, which was never a problem to begin with. No idea what you mean about two roles moving into same goal scoring opportunities + the poacher, thats exactly what I do want! I want players into that space because it gives KdB options in the box. Having less players in that area would be detrimental.
  24. I want to play attacking football but without kicking forward. Football supported with short and quick passes. The full-backs provide width while the offensive midfielder will be the brain of the team, a destroyer and a transport midfielder.
  25. I assumed the threadstarter meant crosses/diagonal passes spesifically from this area (at least that is what I checked for):
  1. Load more activity