All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hello @packfan68 Are you talking about a custom face pack add on? I would try verifying your game files. https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454389352593-How-to-verify-the-integrity-of-Football-Manager-s-files And then clearing Cache & Preferences folder. https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19454208745745-How-to-remove-my-caches-and-or-preferences-folders-in-Football-Manager Then delete/redownload your custom face pack.
  3. I've been using someome with low aggression but high bravery for a few games and he's been getting good ratings. Good tackling, positioning and antecipation too
  4. Tuesday 2nd December 2031 Until Next Time... ... when our UEFA Champions League campaign continues. -- December and January's Fixtures -- Thoughts, comments, general feedback appreciated. Any questions, just ask and I'll answer them if I can. Thank you for reading and following... and I greatly appreciate the comments as that's what genuinely keeps me motivated to continue updating about this save. Until next time...
  5. Episode 117 - Triple Eliteserien Champions | 2nd December 2031 "Monthly Review" -- Results -- Board Confidence -- Supporter Confidence -- Finances -- Dynamics
  6. Episode 117 - Triple Eliteserien Champions | 2nd December 2031 "Knežević Snubs Viking" -- We made an offer for Jarl André Knežević which Skeid accepted... but the player didn't want to discuss terms with us.
  7. Set up your team's penalty takers in the Tactics area. Those who are in the team in a given match should then be pre-selected for the shootout, but you can still change the order. You can also add and remove players to the list before the shootout begins. I don't pick more than five, unless there are some obviously good takers not already listed. I don't put the best one third -- sometimes fourth or fifth, but the important point is to take note of the players' attributes and state. Had a good game? Made big mistake? etc. etc. You'll probably need to hide one or two of them from the most pressured places -- first and last, in my opinion. Finally, tell players in the team talk: pick your spot and don't change your mind. You might still lose. My bigger bugbear is with shootouts that go on for 12-13 -14 kicks.
  8. I am faced with a difficult situation as a newly promoted team in the Championship. Most of the players that have carried this team are now coming to me asking for new contracts. The problem is, that they are asking for wage amounts that are fair in the Championship, but which I am nowhere near being able to give them on our tiny wage budget. As a result, a handful of my best players are only on a contract for another year and will leave thereafter. How do you handle situations like this? I fear, I have to try and maximize the amount of money from these players and then accept a major rebuild of the squad over a number of years.
  9. Episode 117 - Triple Eliteserien Champions | 2nd December 2031 "Månedens Awards" -- Månedens Trener -- Månedens Spiller
  10. @knap Recommend a decent tactic for Bayern Munchen? Been looking a different City tactis, but don´t know which to choose.
  11. Episode 117 - Triple Eliteserien Champions | 2nd December 2031 "Viking - First Team Squad" -- News -- Appearances -- Reports -- Players Out on Loan
  12. Sunday 30th November 2031 Viking Crowned Champions -- -- Viking Board -- Supporters -- All-time List of Eliteserien Winners
  13. Today
  14. Clive English - Back to the motherland - APOP Geroskipou August 2037 A 5-0 home win in the first leg of the Conference League against Dimano Minsk allowed Clive to rest some players for the second leg, which was also won narrowly 4-3 to take Geroskipou through to the 4th Qualifying Round 9-3 on aggregate. The draw in the next round was Dynamo Kyiv, a team which they had beaten 4-0 and 4-1 in last years Europa League group stage. But first it was the Super Cup, which for a 3rd time in a row featured Geroskipou and APOEL with the cup being won by both teams once. A slightly rotated side was put out due to European congestion, and APOEL dominated. It was only a 90th minute goal from Eiriksson that bought along extra time, and when Da Silva scored in the 2nd minute of extra time, Clive parked the bus. This only lasted for 11 minutes though, as APOEL got back on level terms before scoring the winning goal in the 116th minute to condemn Geroskipou to another cup loss to their new rivals. The poor form continued into the next round of European games, going behind 2-0 against Kyiv, but it could have been 4 if not for the linesman flag going up. Mariano grabbed a goal back in the 53rd to at least make the second leg interesting. The second leg started in the same fashion, Geroskipou were put under pressure early in the game, and conceeded in the 25th minute before Da Silva popped up from DR less than a minute later to slot home to make the score 3-2 on aggregate. Kyiv scored again and this time Clive pushed his men forward. Bohorquez scored in the 80th minute to make it 4-3 on aggregate, but in the 90th and 92nd minute, Kyiv scored to push the tie out of reach. There would be no more European football for the season for Geroskipou as they crashed out 6-3 on aggregate. After the disapointment of Europe, Geroskipou snatched a 1-0 win against AEK Larnakas to at least start the league campaign with a win. Fixtures September held Othellos, Paralimni, APOEL and Nea Salamina, a good way to start taking points off both lower half teams, and to try and get some breathing room near the top of the table.
  15. Nov 14th 2030 Good performance with assist included for Ball with England U21 in our first appearance of the window. Most of our other internationals have a bit of an off day, with the exception of Özcan, who gets a goal and an assist in a nice 3-0 win over Slovenia. Nov 18th 2030 Schulze finally gets his debut appearance with the senior Germany side, doing well and playing the whole game in an easy 4-1 win over Greece. Equally excellent is Hauptmann's first senior appearance for Austria, looking solid and defeating North Macedonia 3-1. Caraballo scores for Venezuela, while Rodríguez adds another assist to his ever growing tally with Mexico. Nov 23rd 2030 TSV 1860 München (4th) vs. RasenBallsport Leipzig (3rd) (Bundesliga, 12/34) Into one of the most nightmarish weeks of the season, starting with two-time Bundesliga champions Leipzig coming to town and continuing with an absolutely key trip to Liverpool in three days. We can't afford to take either game lightly, as a defeat here would see us dropping way too far from the title fight, which is where we want to be. That said, Leipzig have looked somewhat frail following their early cup exit, and despite their resounding win over Augsburg last time it's still probably a more winnable game than usual. Which isn't saying much, if I'm being honest here... * * * 1860 MÜNCHEN (4-1-3-2): Tom Kretzschmar (GK); Alex Ball (DR), Ernesto (DCr), Arnau Casas (DCl), Mahamadou Touré (DL); Thiago (DM); Maximilian Schulze (MCr), Jair Rodríguez (MC), Matías Miranda (MCl); Rodrigo Caraballo (STr), Vedat Özcan (STl) RB LEIPZIG (4-2-3-1): Alexander Nübel (GK); Wilfried Singo (DR), Ali Reynah (DCr), Felix Uduokhai (DCl), Luca Netz (DL); Marco Polenta (MCr), Paulo Bernardo (MCl); Rayan Cherki (AMR), Aarao (AMC), Alan Velasco (AML); Patson Daka (ST) * * * To make such an intense week even worse, some of our internationals are still somewhat tired after playing with their national teams. Hopefully the likes of Rodríguez and Özcan will have enough in the tank today. We recover Neves, who sits on the bench ready to do his thing in the second half should the need arise. Meanwhile Leipzig start their summer acquisition Aarao ahead of Bajrami and leave the likes of Conceiçao, Busio, Moran, and Cumic in the bench, too. Showoffs... Their most in-form player, however, is still veteran striker Daka, who's on sixteen goals from seventeen appearances already. Scary. The game starts with possession split almost equally and a couple of blocked shots for us, while Leipzig take their time to get close to Kretzschmar's goal. The midfield battle goes back and forth with neither team managing to impose their quality and create danger consistently, and time flies with the keepers still having nothing to do other than the occasional clearance. That finally changes in the 22nd minute, when Miranda steals the ball and Özcan and Caraballo quickly combine to create a good chance for the Turk, denied in the end by Nübel with a timely dive to block. There's no continuity, though, and we go back to our regularly scheduled midfield slog afterwards. Leipzig finally show up inside our box in the 34th, but it takes a set piece taken by Velasco and headed wide by Daka to get there. Three minutes later it's our turn, with Rodríguez breaking into the box through the center then passing back to Özcan, who can't hit the ball clearly and ends up smashing it against Reynah's legs. The visitors try to go for it in the final minutes of the half but our defense deals with all the threats efficiently, and all they can really manage in the end are a couple of blocked finishes and a high header by Paulo Bernardo in a corner kick. Unsurprisingly, no goals at half time. HALF TIME - 0-0 Rodríguez shows signs of discomfort in his knee during half time, and is quickly replaced by Neves to prevent anything serious from happening. It doesn't take long for the Portuguese midfielder to start getting involved, trading passes with Caraballo to set up a good chance for the forward that nonetheless he can't get past Nübel's hands. There's still not much going on, though, and we decide to make another substitution, bringing Javorcic in Touré's place and using him as an inverted wing back on the left to reinforce our midfield even further, allowing us to push forward a little bit more. Palomeque also replaces Schulze for some extra creativity in the final third. Leipzig also move pieces around, bringing Bajrami and Conceiçao into the game, but the slog continues unabated until the 72nd, when a long clearance by Casas is somehow misread by Reynah, who lets it fly over his head and allows Özcan to gather it, run at Nübel, and calmly dribble his way around the keeper before practically walking into the net with the ball, scoring the 1-0. Now Leipzig have to go forward, and that opens up more chances for us to run on the break, which we use in the 77th to create a great chance through Özcan's run, Neves's continuation, and Caraballo's finish into Nübel's deflection over the bar. Ernesto heads that corner kick wide, too. Leipzig's first shot on target of the game (imagine that) doesn't come until the 86th, following a deflected attempt by Conceiçao that falls to Uduokhai outside the box, although the midfielder's 20-yard attempt is low, bouncy, and an easy catch for Kretzschmar. Two minutes later the keeper also holds a weak header by Velasco without any issues, and despite throwing caution to the wind in injury time, that's the best they can produce. Huge win for us. * * * TSV 1860 München 1 (Vedat Özcan 72) RasenBallsport Leipzig 0 - - - Great result in a game that prooobably should've ended without goals all things considered. Leipzig were slightly better all game long, at least when it comes to getting close to the opposing goal, but their finishing was atrocious all day long, to the point that most of their approaches didn't even register as chances. Either that or our defenders covered every single gap and blocked every single shock, one of the two. Regardless, we stole it in our best chance of the game thanks to a terrible defensive mistake, and now we're back in the race. Now if Dortmund drops some points one of these days... We did well replacing Rodríguez at half time, because after a more thorough examination it turned out he had pulled his knee ligaments. He'll miss the customary two weeks, which is a bit of a problem considering our decisive Champions League fixtures incoming.
  16. Against my better judgement I will answer your question. I remember as a teenager I was at a charity event and one of the activities was you could take a penalty against an ex-professional if you donated. I don't remember who he was, he wasn't anybody I knew by face. As I watched he saved all penalties except one, including my own. They weren't full size nets, but I was still amazed regardless. The only explanation is that he was able to judge where you would shoot based on your approach to the shot, whilst benefitting hugely from the fact that the nets were small. In professional football, especially at the top level I would say it's a whole different ball game. Rather than calling it luck, I will refer to it as probability, but essentially they're the same thing. You now have players who know how to deceive a goalkeeper, or at the very least how to make it very difficult for them to know where you're about to strike the ball. I'll use Bruno Fernandes as an example... His run hop and skip method makes it very difficult for a goalkeeper to determine the trajectory, because it's an unusual run up to the ball and there's only a split second before he strikes to ball where there could be a possible giveaway. I'm not sure if he's used this method for all his penalty kicks, but for Manchester United he currently has a conversion rate of 88.9% with only 4 penalty misses. This brings me onto the probability part. For a goalkeeper, he has 2 options... He can either go early or wait so that he can try and determine where the ball will go. Both options have their merit. If he goes early then it is a complete gamble and all down to luck (sorry but probability didn't seem the correct term). The only thing that is in the goalkeepers control here is his study of previous strikes for the player who is shooting. Some goalkeepers have it written down (Jordan Pickford). The merit for going early is that the goalkeeper can reach places of the goal that he wouldn't be able to if he went late. He's essentially going early due to the probability that the ball will go the same way, or its essentially just a total guess if he doesn't know the probability. If he goes late, I'd say that he's relying less on probability, however he can't reach certain shots that he would be able to if he went early. So again he's 'riding his luck', as the striker may go for the top corners, to which he has no chance of saving. The merit for going late is that the goalkeeper can make a much better informed decision on which way to dive, or even to stay central (nobody likes conceding a panenka! Antonin you cruel dog!). So that's my take on luck. Not all luck, but there's definitely luck in there somewhere.
  17. Yeah, I never said I was any good at FM. Don’t really get how each and every one of our three Eliteserien title run-ins have seen the obligatory banana skin ️🍌 slip ups only for my Viking team to turn on the style in the last match of the season. It’s not good for my nerves…
  18. I run 141000 players (58 leagues) on an 8 year old PC and I have no issues. It takes about 2.5h to simulate a season in the first few, and tnen eventually moves out to about 4h a season once you cross 10 seasons. I do that test to know roughly how much processing time rach season takes. Between 2.5 and 4 hours is nothing in my opinion so I have no issue. EDIT: I just realised what you're aiming to set up is significantly bigger so ignore me 😅
  19. Perhaps I missed something, but is there a plan for an update for the skin and the light version?
  20. December 2025 Schedule 1 point gained from our last two Europa fixtures, and only 2 points dropped from our possible 12 points in the league. UEFA Europa Conference League Which means we officially made the knockout stage, but this most likely spells the end of our run. It was a good campaign though, but led mostly by our loanees. So we may struggle to replicate this success. Luxembourg National League Meanwhile in the league we move to 3rd, 7 points back with the best goal differential. Peixoto is also thriving in the league, and once we finish any European ties he will make short work of the domestic competition. Dudelange hasn't hired a new manager yet and is opting for a caretaker since we turned them down. He may win the job though as he is moving them up the table. Attacking Midfielders (Right) - Inside Forward (Attack) AMR is our thinnest position I think. 1st is Tin, the GNK Dinamo Zagreb attacker is incredible and will presumably refuse an extension here unless our team quality steps up in a big way. 11 goals in 25 appearances has been awesome though. 2nd is Bieleu the Cameroonian winger. He is injury prone, but has stayed healthy for the most part. He is a leading quality National Division guy with 5 goals and 8 assists in 25 appearances. This position gets a lot of action in our setup. If we miss out on resigning Tin getting a replacement will likely be our first priority rather than starting Bieleu. 3rd is Avdusinovic he was a regular starter for us the last two seasons, but with all the firepower the DoF brought in. He has become surplus to requirements. We are still trying to figure out the best way to get the DoF to focus on selling off these players as the unwanted list seems hit or miss. 4th is Popp, the German youngster from SV Eichede. He is wanted on loan by a 3rd tier side, so hopefully he can get some playing time with them. So far this season he has averaged a 7.9 with the U18s and a 7.2 with the reserves rating wise. 23 goals in 35 appearances across both teams alongside 13 assists. Really looking forward to seeing how he plays for a senior squad. First Choice Man I wish we could keep him, but it would likely take the entire transfer budget and then some. He and Peixoto likely will be competing for 'Young player of the season'. They just need to make sure to play enough games in the league to be eligible. Second Choice Ben has been great in the league. 3 goals and 5 assists in 12 appearances with a 7.34 average rating. He hates big games, is injury prone and is mostly capped potential-wise. Nonetheless he is still a passable option in the senior team. Really the biggest issue I dislike with him is his wage as he is outside the first XI, but still top 7 in the squad as far as wage. Debating trying to see if he will agree to a more favorable contract as I think <$30,000 is closer to a fair wage. (Trying to trim the budget in case ever miss out on a champions league spot.) Board The board have agreed to increasing the junior coaching budget, but I haven't seen the adjective change to indicate that investment. Does anyone know if I have to ask for more staff or does junior coaching just give more in wages to sign youth team staff? Any insight would be helpful. Next up is a big league fixture month. With 5 league matches including a matchup against top of the table Alisontia away. A win there would be a big 6-pointer and help us reclaim our throne. By the way Alisontia have been super impressive they earned promotion to the top flight in season 1. Came 2nd last season, and now will likely be going down to the wire to displace us on top of the mountain this season. All while only being media predicted 8th. Anyways that is all for this month. Thanks for following along, and best of luck in your own saves. Let's go Hostert!
  21. I believe my update that I posted a little while ago works with the latest database. But let me know if you're having trouble
  22. Love the potential shape on this. Any PI's on this mate?
  23. That's my 4-3-3 with a HB. winning everything, and i really like how he stays put and allows one of those BPD to venture forward. (HB is my last man very often) Cheers, Bitner
  1. Load more activity