All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. this tends to give active teams better academy players too right? It'll get a little unbalanced in terms of needing to buy/sell players since most of your needs will be covered by youth players.
  3. Well, there it is. I kinda had to sell for that money...
  4. Just had a look at Liverpool's two most recent games. Trent had quite a few here aswell
  5. Hey, @knap, do you have recommendations for south / north vanarama league team on the new match engine update? I am starting a new save on this lower league team on your google sheets, I dont see any result on Havants Tabs on FM24.4 ME24.2
  6. I looked through some of KDB's crossmaps from the games he's played this season. 2 halfspace crosses, maybe 3 if you're a bit lenient with what is considered halfspace Well there's obviously only 1 cross here, but he only played like 6 minutes this game, so thought it was still interesting he had a cross there. Here we have 4 halfspace crosses Here we have 3, maybe 4 if the one inside the box is counted aswell Well i guess the point is, considering it's clearly something KDB does several times a game a lot, i think it seems to infrequent in the actual game. I'm still completely open to the fact that i just may not understand how to get my players to do them, but i would love to see actual examples of it happening frequently and on purpose.
  7. Thanks for the kind comments, gentlemen We had a week to prepare for the clash with fourth-placed Fylde and I made sure to focus on ironing out those defensive mistakes we’d been seeing. Goodlad, himself a former goalkeeper, worked with the netminders, while the rest of us worked on defensive positioning and most importantly picking the right pass when trying to play it out. It sounds easy to the untrained ear, but making the right decision is a lot harder than it seems. And my players were proving that currently. “Stop!” I yelled “Everybody hold their position and send the ball back to Alex!” Alex Lacey had just given the ball away with a forward pass when all the space was to his right. I walked onto the pitch and stood next to Lacey. “Why play it to Nicky?” I asked, referencing his pass to Featherstone, who was being tightly marked. “He asked for the ball” Lacey said sheepishly. “Look around” I said. “How many better options are there?” I didn’t need to point out the fact that both Hendrie and Seaman on the right were wide open. “This is what I mean people” I called out, making sure everyone was listening. “Just because someone is calling for the ball, doesn’t mean he should get it without a second thought. The first available option isn’t the best one by default. And if you can pass it to someone who has options, that’s even better” I took the ball off Lacey’s feet and striped a twenty-five-yard pass into the feet of Charlie Seaman. “Now Charlie can play it back to Hendrie behind him for a little give-and-go or play it inside, or look for the forward run. Either way, he’s got options. And we’re not under pressure as soon as we’ve played one pass forward. Carry on” I hollered, trudging off the pitch and taking up position next to Anthony Sweeny again. “Nice pass, gaffer” he remarked. “Doesn’t come as easy as it used to” I replied, rubbing my right hamstring which had immediately tightened upon my showing off. “Don’t be too hard on them, this is not the Premier League” he reminded me. I turned to face him, letting out a sigh. “Anth, no offence, but these lads are getting paid to play football. One way or another, I think I’m entitled to expect them to get the basics right. If they can’t do that, then maybe they need to consider a career change” Sweeney stayed silent at that. Maybe I was being too harsh. But these lads weren’t going to get any better with molly-coddling. We needed to be sharper and that started with getting it right in training.
  8. I got bored of my Coventry save so decided to start a new save as Birmingham. I managed to Marc Roberts and John Ruddy. I also managed to release Craig Gardner & Lukas Jutkiewicz on freebies. I got a loan offer for Hogan which he will hopefully agree to. The only player I can't shift is Etheridge. I can't even release him from his contract etc. Good luck with Birmingham.
  9. @jez313 Best all level test is HB but I'm not running it atm. City Spurs Chelsea Luton can be used as a guide, and all should work down to VNS.
  10. Episode 9 of my Sochaux Rise Of The Lions Youth Only save is now available on Youtube for anyone who is interested. This episode focuses on the last games of the season and also the title run in. Can we win the title ? Tune in to find out. Episode 9 Full Version - https://youtu.be/zw3yM5-xR2A Episode 9 Edited Version - https://youtu.be/IuFmbw3zEcQ Please subscribe Lucha FM - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvfHkGkKwyIKnnPFZxO811g
  11. Episode 9 of my Sochaux Rise Of The Lions Youth Only save is now available on Youtube for anyone who is interested. This episode focuses on the last games of the season and also the title run in. Can we win the title ? Tune in to find out. Episode 9 Full Version - https://youtu.be/zw3yM5-xR2A Episode 9 Edited Version - https://youtu.be/IuFmbw3zEcQ Please subscribe Lucha FM - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvfHkGkKwyIKnnPFZxO811g
  12. I’ve been leading USMNT since the start of the save. I’ve had my staff set to arrange friendlies however there never are any. Other national teams play friendlies. I’ve tried to arrange myself but there is no option to… is arranging international friendlies broken?
  13. As football fans we have been conditioned over the past 20 years or so that as soon as we hear the word "Barcelona" even in a non football context, our minds race with certain images and thoughts. The Nou Camp. Lionel Messi. Ronaldinho. Pep. Champions League domination. Football domination. El Classico with Real Madrid. Our minds have been trained to think of them things. I went to Barcelona about six years ago, it was the first time me and my girlfriend went on holiday together (Still with her now!) and I really liked the city. It wasn't that expensive, the weather was wonderful, the city was beautiful and we both had a great time. My girlfriend who has been a Burnley season ticket holder for years is massively into football like me, so obviously we took a trip to the Nou Camp and what a stadium it is. Beautiful. Overall, top top city and it comes highly recommended. The city has two big teams. Espanyol are often overlooked due to their bigger brother and it's not hard to understand why. Their success is nothing compared to Barcelona. It must be hard being a fan of Espanyol considering who their neighbours are! So surely it would be harder to be smaller, other teams in this big city no? This is where we come in. There are a few teams I could've chosen in the city of Barcelona and the runners up were: CE Europa who play in the third group in the fourth division. CF Badalona who play in the fifth tier of Spanish football. CE Sabadell FC who play in the third tier and our last honourable mention being CE L'Hospitalet who play in the fifth tier. However, the winners and the team that I will be taking over are..... U.E Sant Andreu They got promoted in real life last season to the fourth tier of Spanish football. A couple of reasons why I have chosen to go for them. First up, in the game we are media predicted to get relegated straight back down which would suck considering that would be the end of the save straight away as I don't have access to the fifth tier haha! I also like that they play in the traditional Catalonia colours of the yellow and red stripes. We have a very solid 6,563 seater stadium that will definitely help us out going forward. Although it is over 50 years old at this point, if we begin our rise toward the top, a new home will be needed but for now, it will do. There's a great article from The Athletic about this team it's only a short little read but it's very interesting and it did sway me a little to choose them over the other teams I stated. https://theathletic.com/5154818/2023/12/28/sant-andreu-barcelona/ Right let's get into it. Here we go! Average training facilities and youth facilities with average youth coaching isn't bad at all for a fourth division team. Then we are above average youth recruitment. So we might have a couple of decent youth players coming through in the first couple of intakes? This will NOT be a youth only save. If we think about it realistically, ALL the best youth football prospects in this entire region will be hoovered up by Barcelona and to an extent, Espanyol. So it would be silly of me to try and go youth only. Finances aren't in a bad state at all. We start with this: Projected this: And that my friends, is what we call manageable. As I said earlier, we are predicted to finish bottom by the media: The board want us to finish in the relegation playoffs which is probably where we'll finish and HOPEFULLY survive our first year. We actually have two of the teams sharing this city with us in this league table in Badalona and Europa. Two derbies early on in the save. Speaking of the board, other than finish in the relegation playoffs, they expect nothing else from me which is a good start. However, the fans have a few things they want/expect from me: Maintain a higher reputation than Europa sure thing boys. Be competitive against Orihuela C.F (They play in the fourth tier but a different group) and be competitive against Barcelona Atletic aka Barcelona B. Hopefully at one point we can drop the 'B' and be competitive against the big boys. We are a well backed team season ticket wise, check this out! Very good fan support is something we can rely on in this save, that is great news. With 1,500 season ticket holders, we can look to get solid attendance throughout the entire season which will help our bank balance out a lot. Here is the supporter page. According to this, we still have another 1,500 season tickets to be sold?! We should sell out every match if nearly half the stadium will be season ticket holders!!!! Staff wise currently, there is only 1 other member of staff, a scout who with a pair of 6s for judging ability and potential he doesn't seem to be that good, although for this level it might be good?! I've gotta get busy and get some people in to help me. Because I have no assman, I don't know how good my squad is just yet. I won't be holding my breath as a promoted team. We have 21 players in the first team and in our U19s we have 17. When I get some staff, we can look into them more. Lastly, this is how I will be setting up from the start. National B license (I am an FA Level two football coach for real) and Sunday league footballer. My attributes suck, but hopefully we can get a coaching course under my belt. Do I have a goal for this save? Yeah, first we topple Sabadell by being the third best team in the city. Then we get past Espanyol to be number two in this city. Finally we get past Barcelona to become the best team in this wonderful city. Hopefully there will be people along for this journey. Until next time.
  14. Links to previous seasons : Malta : First season (2023-24) / Second season (2024-25) / Third season (2025-26) / Fourth season (2026-27) / Fifth season (2027-28) / Sixth season (2028-29) / Seventh season (2029-30) / Eighth season (2030-31) / Ninth season (2031-32) / Tenth season (2032-33) / Eleventh season (2033-34) / Twelfth season (2034-35) / Thirteenth season (2035-36) ********** 2036-2037 Michael X / Hibernians Paola, Malta / 14th season Since at the end of the previous season we ranked 4th, this season we had the right to participate in the continental competitions, i.e. in the Europa Conference League. We didn't get very spectacular results, but we still managed to qualify for the 3rd preliminary round. Our opponents were Zalgiris Vilnius (Lithuania, first round), FC Samgurali (Georgia, second round) and Neftci Baku (Azerbaijan, third round) : Matches played in ECL All in all, it was an extremely useful experience, especially due to the fact that we thus obtained no less than 1.4 million, a huge amount for a club in debt up to the ears. Of course, this money is currently in the bank and cannot be used until the end of this season, which means that our wage budget continues to be extremely low and the wages we can offer are also very low. One of the effects of the lack of money was the fact that we lost the best player we had. The guy asked for 1000 per month, which was obviously far beyond our means. Another effect of the lack of money is that, although we need it, we practically cannot bring (transfer) players from other clubs. However, we managed to transfer a player, but only because of a favorable situation : goalkeeper Gauci (on loan from San Gwann for the last two seasons) agreed to sign a contract with us under very disadvantageous conditions for him. The main squad The U20's squad / The U18's squad ("grey" players only) Transfers In conclusion, there is not a big difference between the squad from this season and the one from the previous season. We brought 4 quite good players from the U20's team ... and we lost a very good player (V. Galea). *** However, we have problems regarding the staff. At the moment, there is only a manager and a scout at the club, and if these two guys are still working for us, it is because they accept very low wages. We also had coaches, HOYD, and a chief scout, but they left when they requested higher wages and their request was denied. *** In the media prediction we're, as in the previous season, in 9th place. But if last year our odds was 250-1, now it has dropped to 350-1. However, the reputation of the club has increased, which probably means that the quality level of the main team is a bit lower now. The objective set by the Board remained the same : "avoid relegation". Competitions / Schedule and friendlies / Dynamics *** August This match has a story. Before the match, I went to get a beer from the fridge and discovered that there was no beer left. A deeply demoralizing aspect. Then, the first half of the match followed. Of course, I got angry. As a result, I told the players that they were (long list of censored expressions), I made some substitutions, then I started the second half and went to buy beer. What followed ? Of course, I was extremely surprised when I came back. And, unfortunately, I'm sure that if I had been present, the result probably would have been different, because I couldn't have resisted to try to "improve" the tactics used Matches played in August *** September Matches played in September Disappointing results. We probably didn't deserve to get that draw against Floriana, but we would have deserved at least a draw in the match against Lija. Overall, however, I can't complain : we won only 2 points out of 12 because we played exactly "at the 2 points out of 12 level" ... I tried to obtain an increase of the wage budget. I didn't think it was possible ... and, really, it wasn't possible. The board asked me for "a proper reason for spending more money", which is frustrating. It's true, I know that the Board ignores the million in the bank for the time being and considers that I'm asking for an increase in fund raising, but it's still frustrating. *** October - November Matches played in October Matches played in November We started October with a clear (and stinging) defeat against Balzan. Then, since the morale of the team had become a bit too red, I organized a team meeting. The idea had an positive effect : in the next two rounds we defeated both Sliema and Zabbar. However, we played quite well but not very well, and both the opponents were in a bad run of form at that time. We lost the first match in November, the one played against Birkirkara, and that's because we played mediocre in the first half. In the second half we could have gotten at least a draw, but we were unlucky. Two fairly clear victories followed, 2-1 against Valletta (we had 7-1 chances ... and two goals disallowed) and 2-1 against Pieta (chance ratio 5-3, we missed a penalty). In the last match of the month we met Hamrun. The opponents didn't play very well, but even playing poorly they beat us easily. What is the easiest way to annoy me ? Simple, I look at this image. "The store" is full of goodies, it would be very necessary for us to buy something (more) ... but we have no money. (Unfortunately, players usually demand wages and bonuses. Shame on them). *** December Matches played in December We started the month with an exceptional result, 3-1 against Balzan. A really good result, despite the fact that it was "only" a Cup match. However, the reality is that we were very lucky, Balzan playing much better than us. In compensation, when we played against the team ranked second (San Gwann), the ratio of shots on target was 8-6, the ratio of chances to score was 5-4 ... but we lost 4-2. Unfortunately, regarding the other 4 matches played in December, the results were rather mediocre. We obtained a 2-2 against Kercem, after a balanced match. Then, in the quarter-finals of the Cup, we met Zebbug, a team that plays in the second league. In 90 minutes the opponents managed only two shots on target, but the result was (FM logic) ... 2-2. Moreover, they scored the second goal in the 90th+4th minute (FM sadistic logic). In the third game Floriana beat us easily, and in the 4th (against Lija) we only got a draw. There are still 15 rounds to play and, theoretically, a lot can happen. Practically, at this moment the distance between us and the team in 4th place (Floriana) is 10 points, and our chances of qualifying again for the continental competitions are almost zero. We don't play well enough to recover this 10 points. In addition, we'll meet San Gwann in the semi-finals of the Cup, a match in which we have at most a 5% chance of winning. It's interesting that in the league table Floriana has 10 points more than us, but in the xG table we have a slight advantage over them. Something similar (but the opposite) happened in the previous season, when the distance between us (4th place) and Floriana (5th place) was very big, although in the xG table the difference was much smaller. At the end of the month I decided to take a risk and organize a new team meeting, although the atmosphere was still not very bad. I obtained an improvement that, I hope, will help us play a little better in the second half of the championship. *** January Matches played in January We achieved again a very good result against Balzan, 4-4. And, again, we were very lucky (Balzan had 9 chances to score and we scored the 4th goal in the 90th+2nd minute). It's worth noting that this match was very "FM style", as the two teams scored 8 goals from only 10 shots on target. Just when I was just enjoying that we are very lucky, FM saw me and decided that I was enjoying too much. As a result, we played quite mediocre in the next match, and the opponent (Sliema) got a draw, 1-1, the goal being scored from their only shot on target (which was also a penalty). Then, in the last two games in January, my team finally played very well and won clearly. *** February Matches played in February San Gwann (in the Cup) and Hamrun humiliated us. It was expected . In the other 3 games we got 7 points. We could have even gotten 9 if we hadn't missed stupidly during the match against Valletta. But we could also have gotten only 5 points if we hadn't managed to score the winning goal in the 90th+2nd minute in the match against Kercem. *** March - April Matches played in March Matches played in April I would have liked to win against Floriana. At least for fun. Unfortunately, although we had 7 chances to score and Floriana only 2, the result was 2-2. I would also have liked to win against Sliema and Zabbar. In the first match, the ratio of scoring chances was 4-1, but Sliema got a draw, 1-1. In the second match, the ratio of goal chances was 7-2, Zabbar shot twice on target, scored two goals (the second in the 90th minute) ... and we lost, 1-2. (Generally speaking, I would really like FM not to generate so many strange results at the end of the season just for reasons of "complacency" or "pressure" ...) So, we ended the season in 5th place. I agree, we didn't deserve more. But something is wrong, in my opinion: In the xG table we have two more points than Floriana. For various reasons, it is very possible (and realistic) that Floriana will end the competition with, let's say, 4-5 points more in the league table. Come on, let's say ... 9 or 10 points. But 17 points ?!? It seems exaggerated to me ... *** We played the last match of the season on April 18. What message did FM send me on April 19 ? That it recommends a team meeting "to be sure that everyone is focused on the task at hand". It is not very clear what kind of task each one has at hand, given that the competition has already ended. But it's possible that the players' girlfriends asked them to buy something expensive or, possibly, to spend a vacation in a luxury location. In this case, I highly recommend the players to be fully focused to fulfill the task (even it's not "at hand"), because otherwise the effects could be tragic for them. *** Some details : Player stats Profiles of the best 7 players (sorting based on average rating) Best eleven (2036-37 and overall) (Note : Indeed, only two players from the best 11 and only 4 players from the best 18 come from the club's academy. A rather mediocre contribution after 5 years of career at Hibernians). Goals scored / Various other stats (assists, best average rating, MoM) Team stats : attacking / defending *** Transfers / Released players Tables of the U20's and U18's competitions *** Finances. At 8 o'clock in the morning we were a poor club that could barely offer 50,000 per year in the form of wages. After a few hours we had already become a reasonably rich club, able to offer (theoretically) at least 350,000 annual wages, and even more than 400,000 if I take into account the available transfer budget. At this moment we have reached a financial level comparable to clubs like Floriana or Sliema. Of course, we cannot compare ourselves to the ultra-rich clubs in the top 3. (Philosophical thought : money doesn't buy happiness, except for money received from UEFA) What does any person who suddenly has a large amount of money do ? Of course, he follows a coaching course, considering that the "person" still doesn't have any license, not even the minimum one (National C). Unfortunately, the Board considers that the "person" is already a world-class expert who doesn't need licenses. More, the Board's opinion is that I shouldn't bother them with such nonsense. I agree, they're right. The idea that an employee could request to follow a course is downright obscene. I should be ashamed. *** Oh, I was about to forgot : I was offered a new contract. I am going to earn the huge amount of 15 euros per month. I'm already horrified by the idea that I will have to manage so much money. Out of curiosity, I looked at the available options. The Board, in its great generosity, could offer me up to 30 euros per month, but I decided not to exaggerate. I got rich enough. *** My next initiative was, of course, related to the level of the club's facilities. What is the opinion of the Board about the improvement of Junior Coaching ? A categorically bad opinion. But about improving Youth Recruitment ? Already something like this is completely unacceptable. At first I got angry, but after a deep thought I discovered the trick : if somehow the other clubs find out that we have improved our facilities, they might take our players. Such a thing must not happen, so we must act undercover. It's a strategy. *** However, there is a certain aspect where it seems we mustn't hide : I'm allowed to buy players. So, I opened the lists of players available for transfer or loan and I saw something extremely interesting : Claude Mallia (the guy who two years ago was, by far, the best striker in the team) had heard some rumors that we had money. As a result, he instantly became very interested in a return to Hibernians. Since we don't have such efficient strikers at the club, I hastened to make an offer. His club was not greedy (they only asked for 12,750), so I offered Mallia a contract. *** James Bond, the Maltese version : - (my scout) : Boss, wait a moment ! We definitely need to talk. I hope no one hears us ! Be careful, a guy would like to talk to you... - What guy ? Who's he ? - (my scout) : His name is Ortiz. It's from the CIA ! I suggest you talk to him, it could be beneficial for us ! (He's Ortiz. And this is the CIA. Don't read, secret documents !) *** Youth intake 2037 A reasonably good intake. I have offered contracts to a number of 7 players. I hesitated until the end whether to offer a contract to this player, but the fact that he has determination 2 and is unambitious led me to give up, despite the fact that the other attributes were good enough. Also, there was another player whom the assistant (no, we don't have a HOYD yet) said was "promising", but I have serious doubts. Indeed, it has very god levels of pace and acceleration, which really matters in FM. But I don't think that an very quick player who has anticipation, composure, concentration, off the ball and long shots at level "1" will ever develop enough to become useful. *** Maltese leagues (tables) 2036-37 Maltese Cup 2036-37 The main squads of the most important clubs in the Maltese league : Balzan (29 players from which 21 foreigners and 6 having dual nationality) San Gwann (22 players from which 21 foreigners) Hamrun (20 players from which 16 foreigners and 3 having dual nationality) Floriana (17 players from which 11 foreigners and 3 having dual nationality) Sliema (17 players from which 7 foreigners and 4 having dual nationality) Is the composition of these squad unrealistic ? In a way, it is. However, Malta is a small country and, at least in FM, its national youth rating is low. The number of very good young players generated annually in Malta is very small. As a result, clubs that want to improve their squads must offer contracts to foreign players. Obviously, Hibernians cannot compete with the "big three" (Balzan, Hambrun and San Gwann). The simple fact that we can sometimes fight on an equal footing with teams like those of Floriana or Sliema is a performance in itself. By the way : Balzan offered me a job interview. Honestly, innitially I was tempted to accept. Balzan is currently the richest Maltese club and is the second Maltese club in terms of reputation and the salaries they offer. But in the end I gave up. I don't know if it was a really good idea... ***
  15. Today
  16. I think it would be great if we could have low power mode feature for Football Manager on laptops. I regularly go in and change the graphics settings based on whether I’m plugged in or not. It would be good if these settings could be saved so that when I plug my laptop out it automatically drops to either the lowest graphics settings or settings of my choosing. I would then have a setting for when I’m plugged in. It is something that can be done yourself but when you regularly forget to do it and then suddenly end up with 10% battery left for a long journey it can be frustrating.
  17. Head into Staff-> Responsibilities-> Staff and make sure you are NOT set as Handle team selection for your youth team. If you delegate it, you don't have to see it anymore.
  18. Actually it does differentiate, as reputation is one of the, if no the, most important criteria to decision making by the AI. But it seems now many other factors are being taken into the calculation and some sort of compensation (more weight to physical condition ? morale?) made by developers is hindering logical decisions by the AI. I'm not sure of this, but FM has a history of AI lining up players just because of their reputation so it doesn't make sense that a third GK would be prefered over the main one in an important competition if not for some type of compensation. I've seen many weird decisions in this version that made me drop the game this year. Ported a FM23 save as St Pauli to FM24, my first game against Bayern I saw Marcos Leonardo playing as a CM and Wirtz as a winger. They didn't create any goal scoring chance worth noticing against me, which frustrated me a lot. And I saw many other weird lineups, even Juventus being relegated in my Sampdoria save.
  19. Hi All, I am pretty new to 2024 and everything was fine with my game. My assistant manager changed and I am having to watch under 18 games when none of the responsibilities have changed. Its a bit annoying any help gratefully appreciated. Weirdly I don't have to watch under 21 games.
  20. Indeed he is! He got released for being crap, but is a decent scout, thought I think I could have gotten better if I wanted. But I want to keep the youngsters who don't retire altogether if I can!
  21. I bet he's a better staff member than he was a player
  22. I love getting my old youth players in as staff. He is a young one too
  23. The Playoff Final was a brilliant affair for us as we raced into a 2 goal lead within 4 minutes thanks to two Luke Coulson goals. Charlie Sheringham then fired home from the spot 8 minutes before half time to make it 3-0 at the break. We held on despite a couple of scares in the 2nd half to our clean sheet to confirm promotion and chaos ensued in that almost 800 strong away end at the Focus Community Arena. We didn't have an out and out goal scorer this season by any means which is definitely something I will try to address following promotion (Hemel Hempstead have some great talent that I may take a look at), but this battling squad have defied the odds to achieve promotion. Luke Coulson has been outstanding in the short period I've been at the club as he scored 3 goals in 4 matches, including 2 in the playoff final. He's certainly a player I'd like to stick around next season if possible.
  1. Load more activity