All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. What a long winded way of being called a fanboy. Amusing. I just showed you with real life data why you only got 2M. You clearly expected something close 20M otherwise you wouldn't be whining about it. Its much more than just reputation. If it was, the game would look at the player and go "oh he's a playing in the premier league so we should pay premier league money". But no one did. Why? Because he's clearly not good enough by your own admission to be in that league. I'm going to guess you're not playing him regularly and you've probably offered him out multiple times indicating a willingness to sell. You've destroy any leverage you had to command any decent fee. Its not really a surprise you got an average championship fee because that's the ability of the player. If you had him as the leading goalscorer of the PL for a few seasons and only got 2M then there'd be an issue. The game should be weighted so that the big clubs retain their status for a long period of time. Man Utd hasn't won anything and been in disarray for over a decade and yet they're still considered a top club. Liverpool went 30+ years between titles and were still a top team. It should take more than 18 seasons to upset the natural balance of the world thats been set over the past 150 years. Who is Chelmsford compared to them? LOL I don't know anything about this job but I'm going to call the people working on it lazy and say its not hard to just do X. Just write a script! Oh you can't? Everything must be broken then. Sheer ignorance. If you see something that doesn't make sense raise a bug with what happened. Its not hard. It might not make it to the top of the priority list especially if it is a one off but at least they're aware. Accusing me of not reading when I clearly said this to you as to why they would keep a player on the team. Maybe to spell it out a bit more for you managers get sacked all the time and players who found themselves out of favor suddenly are first teamers with the new manager. So when it comes to transfer policies, yes a board might block a transfer even if it "costs" them money in the long run. In their mind they're losing out on a potential bigger fee than just 10k at that point. And if you can somehow manage to get the additional 10k, you're free to sell him albeit to the disappointment of the board.
  3. Oct 2023 I almost signed another left back - but again backed out of the deal. This time the reasons for backing are completely different. £40M is a lot of money to spend on a backup player & once Nuno Mendes is back fit, he is 7 years younger than Jose Gaya and I think will surpass Gaya's current level of ability despite being slightly behind him in a few categories now. I would always prefer to use Mendes and Gaya could then end up being a backup backup, so £40M is definitely too much! Fixtures We have been relentless in the league, including beating 2nd place Rennes by 6! Already a 9-point gap. Emphasis on youth players is something I am interested in within this save - so although I don't expect to be at PSG for very long (because I'll either win the UCL this season hence completing my goal with them and resign, or I'll get sacked for not winning the UCL) - it's still good to see improvements.
  4. Unfortunately not running in steam. Its installed and running locally. Yes the g is lower case
  5. November 2027 The run continues... We're still looking very good in the league, seeing off a host of mid-table teams this month. The blip in the sequence came against lowly Levante; not for the first time in this save we showed we can beat the best but often struggle against lesser opposition. I'm convinced that when our unbeaten run does come to an end it will be against a team at the bottom of the table. We should be taking three points from Levante comfortably but in the event we needed a second-half penalty and a late, late equaliser to save our blushes. The away trip to Juventus suggested that we still have a way to go before we're competing at the top level of European football. A draw was a creditable result, but having taken an early lead we should have been able to push on and take the victory. November started with a very good win against Portuguese champions Benfica. Against Villareal we got off to the worst possible start as young CB Muniz diverted a shot past his 'keeper and for 20 minutes the visitors were leading without having a single shot on target. We did enough to take the lead on the stroke of halftime and then shut up shop after the interval. As with Juventus, Spurs denied us another two Champions League points and in much the same manner. We took an early lead, looked to be in command until the final 10 minutes, and then the AI goes 'very attacking' and we can't defend well enough. No matter what I try - and I've tried everything from time-wasting, slowing the game down, switching players from attack to support and support to defend - we can't stop those late goals. The only solution seems to be to make sure we have a two- or three-goal lead going into the final phase, which makes the games where we take an early lead and then fail to build on it particularly frustrating. Tactical nuances aside, our unbeaten run now stretches to 54 games and you'd think we might be well clear in the league. But Barca continue to snap at our heels and the pressure is constant - especially as our first league game of December is a visit from Real Madrid.
  6. I have uploaded my save its called "teste sem nada.fm" and the issue is that every time I get to March when the youth intakes happen some players are just getting random call ups to other national teams in this save there is no custom database and there is a player that was called up to the wrong national team (not sure if its a Hungarian player called to another country or if its a player from another nation called to the Hungarian national youth teams)
  7. There is a way to see your youth progress, if you click the globe in top right, click 'world', under 'club' click 'lists' then change drop down to required info like in the screenshots below. We can look into your save to see if this is failing incorrectly or not.
  8. Hi @MDewar76 This looks to be due to you having the "Keep scout reports up to date" box ticked on the shortlist.
  9. Today
  10. Jan 2056. Scottish Premiership. We nicked a tight game with Hibs 3-2 the 1st time I played this month, but this time we smashed them by 4 in a really one-sided game. UEFA Champions League. The 1st time around we drew both these games, so 1 win and 1 draw actually puts us in a better position, (even though it doesn't feel like it). Our "reward" for a decent qualifying campaign is a Knockout over 2 legs against Arsenal. Arsenal actually nabbed the 2nd last playoff spot in 23rd place in the league, so maybe there isn't as much to fear from them now? They haven't finished higher than 5th in any of the last 4 seasons, and can only boast 2x 3rd place finishes in the last 9 seasons, so maybe they are not the power they once were. Scottish Cup. (The Big one). Can't remember what the result was in the Cup 1st time around, (but sure that we won). Goal-scoring GK's. (23) Brass (Bal) 6'2" is 5/8 from the spot at 63%. (Is no longer at the club). (23) Ewing (Bal) 6'1" is 17/20 from the spot at 85%. (Is no longer at the club). (25c) Christie (F.Sport) 6'1" is 46/52 from the spot at 88%. (Is no longer at the club). (26p) Marsh (CAN)(SCO) 5'10" is 15/17 from the spot at 88%. (Is no longer at the club). (30a) Ogilvie (Fickle) 6'2" * is 47/64 from the spot at 73%. (Is no longer at the club). (31k) Lawrie (Unamb) * is 23/29 from the spot at 79%. (Is no longer at the club). (33a) Black (Fickle) 6'0" * is 2/3 from the spot at 67%. (Is no longer at the club). (37b) Niven (F.Loyal) 6'4" * is 24/41 from the spot at 59%. (Is no longer at the club). (39c) Telfer (F.Pro) 6'2" * is 29/44 from the spot at 66%.(Is no longer at the club). (40e) Qurbonov (UZB) (Res) * is 0/2 from the spot at 0%. (Is no longer at the club). (43n) Welsh (F.Pro) 6'4" * is 70/89 from the spot at 79%. (41h) Cairney (Unamb) 6'2" * is 7/12 from the spot at 58%. (Is no longer at the club). (46e) Hunter (Res) 6'0" * is 1/1 from the spot at 100%. (Is no longer at the club). Finances.
  11. Can you upload the save and give us some examples.
  12. For me to balance risk between att and def you need to balance your width in possession and out of possession. Generally, positional play philosophy recommend team to have maximum width possible when you have the ball to use the pitch at full capacity. On the other hand, you want to stay as compact as possible when defending, both vertically and horizontally. So you have a dilemma: you want maximum width in possession, but when you lose the ball, you want your team to have a close distance when you lose the ball. In real life, using "overload to isolate" is one way to solve this dilemma. You heavily attack 1 side of the pitch (left or right), then quickly switch to your wide attacker on the other side. This can be done in FM, but they hardly perform this trick consistently. You can narrow your system and only keep your wings wide; that'll solve your leaking defense. Having your players closer together in the defense phase ensures that if 1 defender gets a pass, the other will have less space to cover. The other thing you can do is to have a good rest defend shape; at least you have to cover the middle lanes and force them to go wide when they're counterattacking. TDLR: narrow your system help ball recover, have a good 3-2 rest defend make you comfortable up the mentality between positive and very attacking.
  13. Russian Premier League? As far as I can tell it's hardcoded to have 16 teams the first season. No matter what you do it will find 16 teams and no more. It's only the first season though, so you can set it to expand after that. That's what I've done in my version, first season has 16 teams, then it expands to 20 for the 2nd season.
  14. The game is not playing against you. There is no anti player bias in FM games. I would suggest your geriatric back 4 is not too difficult to counter attack against and get in behind of (counter attack styles will frequently be "outperformed" in XG and win the game based on their style). Those deficiencies are covered for in a back 3 (back 5) and less exposed on a midblock. The 4-3-3 you'e setup has very little in terms of players providing natural width too, which will contribute to that "miss every chance we have" feeling. You are one of the biggest sides in Italy and most sides will shut up shop against you. If they do so, it's on you to break them down or you will have a lot of rushed shots like you're experiencing. If the 3-5-2 formation is working well for you, I wouldn't fix what isn't broken in January. Clubs tend to have more cash to spend in the summer (buying players in January is equally difficult) and you will need time to blood in your new system and style of play. Personally I would look to make tactical/personnel changes to progress your functional 3-5-2 and take it to the next level. BBM+MEZ(s) might be a more dynamic (and creative combo) for your two 8's. Whenever I play a 3 at the back system like this I want the two outside defenders to be able to progress the ball forward through dribbling or passing (BPD + Dribble more is great combo for this). You could look to find a top tier DM to play as a regista as he's well protected in your current system and offers a progressive passing range from deep. Adding pace to your backline will be key as well. Wingbacks tend to be what makes or breaks a 3 at the back system (esp. if you're running double CWB) so bringing in athletic + technical players in those areas would be a must. Only big issue w/the current system is that Vlahovic is a fairly poor DLF(s). He can offer strong hold up play but lacks a technical passing range. He's a great solo striker in a system that plays higher up the pitch so you might look to morph to a 3-4-2-1 where you could both control the game and play to your key strikers strengths.
  15. So this was chosen by the game as the kit combo for the game... Blue kits clash.rar It has to be said, I am using kit textures, and have accordingly changed the FM "vanilla" kits in the IGE so that they would fit the designs. I have uploaded the kit textures, the pkm of the game, the config files and further info to the clash. I first suspected that maybe Itzig's textures could have been mixed up between the home and away kit, but this is definitely not the case. I play with Racing Union FC Luxembourg, playing in the home kit completely incl. shorts and socks as defined. For some unfathomable reason the game decided Itzig's blue home kit clashes less with this layout than their white away kit... >:-( However, it pulled a non-existent white sock for that kit and flipped the text colours... The blue of RFCUL is 0/45/145 whilst that of Itzig is 48/72/216 The only semi-logical explanation I have for this is that the "Bold top panel" design is considered to have the same colour "importance" for the foreground and background colours, hence the game logic quite incorrectly deems the home and away kit to be equally clashing with the RFCUL home kit. But then shouldn't it put RFCUL to play in their green 3rd kit?
  16. I've been sacked. So I guess I do from time to time. Found it more likely on console oddly enough even though it should in theory be easier.
  17. [FM23] Reymersholms IK - season 36 - 2058 Poor intake, I don't know if the quality of youngsters dropped in last years or our best players are already so good that the ratings of intakes looks bad Good season, we were pretty safe at the European Cups zone and I'm glad we got that 2nd place so we can play CL from the league phase and not qualifying rounds. Last seasons run ended at Round of 16 where Real Madrid was simply too strong. With next edition we got a tough draw but somehow played our best earning qualification to playoffs. Some more upgrades. We've built a massive fanbase and our new stadium still doesn't meet the demand so I asked for next expansion right after the last one got completed. Also our training facilities got downgraded so I had to max it up again.
  18. Again, I never said I wanted 20m for him, thats the value the game put on him. I just wanted some reasonable offers coming in for a player who has a decent track record. Eventually having to settle to sell him for 10% of his value is ridiculous, and its not that Championship clubs are dirt poor. Likewise that noboy was interested in a player that scored 100 goals in the vanarama is as well. And why? just because the combination of player rep+ club rep is not sufficient in their eyes. Imagine any human manager going "well yes, he scored every other game in the division where playing in, but the club he plays at isnt really known enough, so I'll pass" No wonder AI squad management is so terrible 15y in the future when they mainly look at rep....
  19. well that you didnt reply to my assumption about which club you were makes me guess its correct.... Im finding you trying to shoehorn your findings just to defend SI and the way you do it makes me think you dont really read my points. So I dont really find it worth discussing anymore. I never said I expected 20m from any club. I said thats what the game valued him at, combined with a good track record, yet there was no interest. All because of the reputation number of him and my club wasnt good enough. And this is a persistent theme if you play clubs that arent top shelf if you start. Its unrealistic, frustrating and frankly laziness that they havent touched this archaic system in years No offense, but I find it laughable that you think SI made some hyper realistic transfer market where the AI looks at every little detail, when you have conversations like this in the game: Me: offers player out for 5M Player: boss, you are asking too much for me, that value is too high. No club will want me like that Me: okay, what do you propose as value? Player: How about you ask 7.5m? I fully admit im not a programmer or coder, but I doubt its that hard to make a script where X has to recognise value a is higher than value b. If they cant even get that right, how do you expect me to believe the transfer market is working properly? And to circle back to the OP point. Either the board should just sack him, because he is doing a ****** job with transfers in their eyes. Or they should realise that keeping a player on 300k a year is going to cost them a lot more than missing out on 10k....
  20. The challenge here is that you yourself have seen he’s not good enough for the Prem, so no Prem team is going to want him, but on the other hand no Championship team is going to want to pay £20m, which is a notional value based on him being a Premiership player. It’s definitely true that reputation is overly influential in FM and can lag behind changes in club success. But on the other hand, as pointed out by @wazzaflow10 getting Chelmsford to the Premiership is almost inconceivable IRL so should the game be adapting to a rise of that rapidity? If reputation rose and fell as fast as you are going up and down the leagues, the game world would become extremely volatile.
  21. Hi again guys (and thanks for your last answers!), Let me know if my question requires a new topic. I started to play with offensive mentality and I really liked how my players are agressive with and without the ball (espacially without). But my defence was ******. Do you have any advice on how to balance things using offensive mentality but still being pretty sound in defence? Thank you !
  22. I think the problem here is that you're not able to explain why the club should accept the sale, for instance pointing out the losses you would make if you had to wait for more offers to come in.
  23. How far behind is the v1.7 the public file to the patreon version
  24. Clive English - Back to the motherland - APOP Geroskipou November 2037 3 league wins is what Clive asked for, and what he got. A 2-1 win against Anorthosi was followed by back to back 3-0 wins against Nea Salamina in the cup and Doxa in the league. Blichfeldt scored his only goal of the month in the 1-0 win against AEK Larnakas to start the second round of matches before the league split. Table The cherry on top was APOEL dropping points. Geroskipou were now 6 points clear with a better head to head record after 12 games. Fixtures Paralimni and Othellos were the perfect games to get tuned into Nea Salamina and APOEL in the league before playing 2nd division Karmiotissa in the QF of the cup.
  25. I used a custom update and wanted to change the number of teams in the tournament from 16 to 24, added teams to the league, changed the rules for 24 teams, but the editor still writes that there are not enough teams, why?? Translated from the screenshot: 24 teams must participate in the Premier League tournament - found - 16 USSR 5.0.fmf
  1. Load more activity