Legends Database 2009 - It's Out

Deus84

I must admit that the only thing that bugs me with my new "barça '92 dream team" save is that Ronald Koeman and Michael Laudrup are black on the match engine ! This, however, I know is totally uncontrolable and impossible to change even using a 3rd party in-game editor, so in no way is this a moan !! Apart from that it's going great. I've kept the same players from the beginning and bought Romario from PSV for 30M and Overmars for 500k. The aim is to only buy players who have graced the nou camp, in order to keep it realistic. The transfer window did go into overdrive as you mentioned in your OP with players from smaller clubs joining bigger ones (Laurent Blanc to Real Madrid who hardly needed another world class player, Matt Le Tissier to Man Utd, etc). One other thing I was curious about deus84 was that you've given quite a few players who are between 24-26 years of age a difference of about 30 between CA and PA. For example player A will be 150 CA and 180 PA and because he's say 25 years old I'm afraid that he will never reach his full potential, despite intensive training. For that reason I've changed some of the players' birth dates so that they have more time to develop, but once again this for my own personal pleasure and kudos again for the great work.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I'm very happy that you've appreciated all the work i've done over this database. Regardind ca/pa issue: it's been quiete hard to give a "fair" ca/pa to all the added players. I tried to give the right "ca" according to where(and, if possible, HOW the player was playing in a specific year. You say that some players could not reach their full potential...I've noticed this issue as well but it does not only depend from the age. If a 25 years old player has A 140 CA and A 180 PA BUT he has GOOD mental attributes (such as professionalism or determination) he will reach 180! As far as i Know the *specific* player reaches his full potential according to 1) mental attributes 2) his role (if he's a keeper he will reach is pa at 31-33, if he's a defender at 28-31 and so on) ;)

Are you joking ? Kazimierz Deyna has a ca of 158 and a pa of 182: this means that, at the beginning of a game, he's a good player but after a few years he turns into one of the best midfielder in the game. I'm currently playing a game with my db legends and i'm in 2011/2012: Deyna is the star of Real Madrid and one of the best midfielders around :)

Grzegorz Lato is a awesome player as well: his ca is 176 and pa of 184. How could you say he's underestimated ? :D You have to consider that Lato is 30 years old in the game so his attributes will probably decrease quiete soon, but this does not mean he's underestimated. Apart from Deyna and Lato there are some other polish players who turns into great player: Boniek, Lubanski, Tomaszewski or Robert Gadocha.

Fair enough, I must have bads scouts then because they saw no room for improvement on Deyna. Of course my opinions are 100% biased and shouldn't be taken too seriously but seeing how Deyna, Lato and a few others players almost single handingly won two World Cup bronze medals for a otherwise mediocre national team I'd reckon they deserved a CA/PA around ~190. Having seen most of the world cup games replayed on the telly I'd reckon Lato deserves a work rate and teamwork around the 18-20 mark, he gave absolutely everything for his team and made countless of assist from sheer work rate. Even read an Arnór Guðjohnsen (Eiður Guðjohnsen's father) biography when I was younger where he said Lato was the most hard working player he'd ever seen and played with. It's just that looking at some of the other legends who have ~17 in just about every stat and then looking at Deyna who starts out with stats similar to the likes of Kevin Nolan you have to feel cheated.

Otherwise I absolutely love the database, good job on Newcastle in any case.

Ok,thanks for the information. To be honest i don't know very well most Polish players as you do. I just google most of the name and took infos on the web, that's all! By the way i think you could be very useful because i'm already preparing the players and the teams i will use in the next legends database 2010. Would you like to help me with polish players ? If you're okay write me a private message and i will tell you everything, it'll be a great help ;)

What a truly brilliant effort! The legends database has brought what was already a fabulous game to a whole new level. I've always wanted to manage the 70's/80's Liverpool side (but no Fairclough or Keegan?). And I actually enjoyed watching Hansen get absolutely skinned by Jimmy Greaves! Makes me want to take a chunk of time off work to play - dangerously addictive.

Thank you very much castled! I recreated 1984 Liverpool that's why Keegan is not in the team. Btw i setted him as a future transfer so a young and talented keegan will join the team on July 2009 !

Because i didn't want to put all the modern players in the game so I randomly choose just a few modern players to be in the database: that's why some modern players (like kaka, raul, totti) are in the game and some others (cronaldo, figo, ibra) are not.

ok dude. just let you know that ive edit some barca 19s players like longas and some others to Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Valdes and Pique... in Managersnet(the israeli manager website) i will release the version with those modern players.. hope that its ok

(sorry, my english sucks) :)

this is great and im loving it

but the first thing i checked out was cantona and shocked to see his finishing is only 14

and best is right footed on my game although earlier in this thread you said he was two footed

also strange choice of photo for Eric

Don't worry about Cantona's finishing : despite his average finishing in my game he always turns into one of the best strikers in the world. In my first version of the database Best was two-footed but because of the two-footed players "bug" he always had low attributes that's why now he's a right footed. Concerning Cantona's pic: didn't find any decent close-up pictures :(

this really is amazing

this may be the most difficult of all FMs to play

there are just so many brilliant players

it hurts to see some of them go to certain clubs

i want to buy maradona cruyf muller and van basten but already have the likes of cantona and best

the amount of talent makes it much mroe difficult than i thought it would be

this really is great work

well done

Thanks a lot!!!

you are really god!!

the benfica's team is very although there might be some mistakes

could you consider put these players?

fernando chalana (actually assistant but a legendary player)

Sheu

Nené

Veloso

see the 87/90 team.

with sven goran eriksson managing, i guess you could do a mix of the two teams. an older team and a younger one.

just scream again:

GREAT JOB THKS

It's not an all-time legends team (expect a few teams) mate, i created 1969-1973 Ajax with the likes of krol, cruijff, keizer, vasovic, neeskens and so on. The other ajax legends are playing for ajax u18 or in the team where they performed better (like van basten at ac milan)

Don't Worry mate, Sir Stanley Matthew turns into one of the best midfielder of the game in a few years. I am in 2012 and he's just amazing: he's a key player for the England Team and just won the Golden Ball twice. Last but not least: in FM09 there's no "tries tricks" PPM like in Fm08,sorry!

Amazing work. This has a lot of potential and has basically brought me back to FM. You are going to continue to improve on this database right? If so I really look forward to it.

I'm not going to improve this database on Fm09 because it will take too much time BUT i'm already planning to do a much-better legends database for Football Manager 2010 with much more teams,players and so on :)

thank you so much for doing this, i been wanting something like this and i knew there was someone out there who could put the hard graft in and do it. :D:D

Nottingham Forest: Stuart Pearce should be a left back is the first fault i seen which in thinkin i could easy fix and while at it change the whole team as they have had a couple of great teams.

I extracted the Legends database into the db folder in the Football manager folders but when I try to start a new game I can't load the database.Can someone help me?

What I did was to take the folder inside the Legends Data Base and put it in the db its self, this seem to work for me.

Oh I forgot, get rid if the original file afterwards.

This is a very nice db, i really worship you now for putting all the effort in this. I was getting tired of fm09 last few months, but this gets me going again :)

I hope a lot of people appreciate it too, and will offer their help for fm10, so its gets bigger and bigger :)

It brings out a big feeling of nostalgia for me. I started to play cmita on "diskettes" like 16/17 years ago, when you couldnt buy it in a store, it was all copies who got distributed between fellow manager-addicts :)

that was the time with van basten and romario in cm xD

Brilliant, you must have amazing determination to do this! All the greats are there and the choices of picture are fabulous, well done!

Ajax or Juventus? I am struggling to choose. I have (like many) been waiting for a Legends Database and that wait was well worth it.

It's not an all-time legends team (expect a few teams) mate, i created 1969-1973 Ajax with the likes of krol, cruijff, keizer, vasovic, neeskens and so on. The other ajax legends are playing for ajax u18 or in the team where they performed better (like van basten at ac milan)

How about Litmanen, he's been of great importance in the 90's

Hi there Deus, I've got a quick question for you. I haven't really started a game properly yet, just going through all the players and teams more than anything. However, after starting 3 different games I've noticed that each time after 2 or 3 months Diego Maradona and Garrincha have a very sharp drop in their CA value. Garrincha drops to a CA of about 170 and Maradona drops to around 180. Have you got any idea why this happens, as like I said it happens every time !

This is probably the best database i've played for any FM ever. So well done on it, and i hope you do one for FM10. (I wish) Must take tonnes of work.

Ditto on that they this has offerd something diffrent and new and its made the game alot more fun with all the old legends in todays game

Hi there Deus, I've got a quick question for you. I haven't really started a game properly yet, just going through all the players and teams more than anything. However, after starting 3 different games I've noticed that each time after 2 or 3 months Diego Maradona and Garrincha have a very sharp drop in their CA value. Garrincha drops to a CA of about 170 and Maradona drops to around 180. Have you got any idea why this happens, as like I said it happens every time !

That's a good question. To be honest I have no idea why it happens; i've just noticed that suddenly garrincha get worst...and worst and worst o_O. So i checked his ca out on fmrte and in fact his ca dropped down from 185/190 to 170! To me that's just unexplainable...if anybody know what is this about please tell me !

That's a good question. To be honest I have no idea why it happens; i've just noticed that suddenly garrincha get worst...and worst and worst o_O. So i checked his ca out on fmrte and in fact his ca dropped down from 185/190 to 170! To me that's just unexplainable...if anybody know what is this about please tell me !

Hi there Deus. I sort of found a solution to the problem for Garrincha as I've made him 18 in the game, deleted his past history accordingly and left him at Botafago, leaving him enough time to regain his PA. However, I don't want to move Maradona from Napoli so the problem still persists, even though I've got a feeling that part of the problem is down to the fact that they both have great physical (aerobic) stats which eat up a lot of their CA.

By the way, I was wondering, I don't suppose you've got a similar database for FM2007 or FM2008 as a mate of mine who doesn't have FM2009 would love to try something like this out !