Legends Database 2009 - It's Out

Deus84

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant get this to work at all il extract the db to C:\Users\will\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db and the pics to C:\Users\will\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics thats how it looks on my computer i start a new game and i dont get the legends database as an option any ideas guys

My fm has either installed weird or vista is ***** i cant even find the damn editor very strange i did lots of database work on fm08 and never had a problem all my files must be spread around my comp or soemthign weird oh well :( well cba now lol

Back to FML i go

What do you mean ? I've already made over 1,500 faces for my facepack, but if you want to add more faces you should look for the face you're looking for on google, then cut-them etc etc etc. It's a very simple procedure, btw.

My fm has either installed weird or vista is ***** i cant even find the damn editor very strange i did lots of database work on fm08 and never had a problem all my files must be spread around my comp or soemthign weird oh well :( well cba now lol

Back to FML i go

just an idea have you tried program files sports interactive football manager then tools?

how come soo many players are injured at the start of the game which means they keep failing the medical and why have you transfer arranged so many players for the following season i cant by any of the hungarin players. other than that a very good database though i think the one you did last year was better.

Thanks mate but honestly this database is far better than the last one: more players, more managers, more accurate stats, more stadiums/referees. In order to create db legends 2008 it took me 2 months...but to make this one it took me over FOUR months, guess why ;)

A few players are injured (or have a future transfer setted) to prevent easy transfer at the beginning at the game, and the hungarian players, when they really played, they couldn not played out of their country untill they where 30...but it's impossibile to make this rule in the game, so some have a future transfer setted and some other ones, because of their great quality, move in better teams at the beginning of the market.

About Zidane: don't really know, mate. As far as i know sometimes, for several reasons (if they are injured or attend bad training facilities) players do not reach their full potential. In my game, after a season, Zidane goes to Bayern Munich and, in 2010/2011, he reached his pa and turns into one of the best midfielder in the game.

no worries mate i usually only play about 2 or 3 seasons so thats why i said last years was better cos you could buy the hungarin players and also some of the younger players you set this time like Friedenreich who was awsome but this time his only 15 so i probley won't get a chance to play with him

Thanks mate by this database is far better than the last one: more players, more managers, more accurate stats, more stadiums/referees. In order to create db legends 2008 it took me 2 months...but to make this one it took me over FOUR months, guess why ;)

A few players are injured (or have a future transfer setted) to prevent easy transfer at the beginning at the game, and the hungarian players, when they really played, they couldn not played out of their country untill they where 30...but it's impossibile to make this rule in the game, so some have a future transfer setted and some other ones, because of their great quality, move in better teams at the beginning of the market.

About Zidane: don't really know, mate. As far as i know sometimes, for several reasons (if they are injured or attend bad training facilities) players do not reach their full potential. In my game, after a season, Zidane goes to Bayern Munich and, in 2010/2011, he reached his pa and turns into one of the best midfielder in the game.

Oh well I've been using GenieScout :p. Good to know it can happen. Would you mind posting a screenshot of him playing at his full pa.

I've just started and i'm flicking through the squads this is amazing you deserve an award my friend, but as an Aston Villa fan, no Paul McGrath? but no worries i'm looking forward to playing with Van Basten in my side all time favourite player

PS If you're looking for help on the 2010 version count me in.

Ages are not messed up: have you read the topic ? I've already explained that if in the Milan 1990 side Marco Van Basten was 26 in the game I have to make him 26 years old...and so on. Tony Adams is 16 because obviously he didn't play in Arsenal 2000/2002 team that i recreated...so that's why I've added as a hot prospect in the under18 team...and the same happens for lots of important players like Charlton, Edwards, Pulici and so on :)

Mate, Genie scout says Zidane won't reach his pa maybe because the training structures of the team where he's been playing are not good enough. I think that if Zidane would play with a better team with better structures he would reach his maximum pa in a few years :)

• 2 weeks later...

well done Deus great database just a few things i've noticed though,the dutch squad haven't got the like of Gullit,Cruyff or any of the other legends you've added to the game and also when i set my scouts assignments they can only scout 1 region and usually you can ask them to scout more than that.

oh and you didnt add Cliff Jones or Dave Mackay to Spurs other than that keep up the good work :)

About Dutch team: this issue has nothing to do with my database, mate :) It's because of the license or something like that, and even in a database FULL of legends who deserves to be in the national team the game chooses "modern" players...i don't know why. Btw, after a few months in the game Gullit, Cruijff and other dutch legends play for the dutch team :)

Can anyone confirm to me that the Champions league player register thing mentioned on the first page works. If it does work does it mean that i go on holiday/vacation for like a day or something after confirming the list