Legends Database 2009 - It's Out

Deus84

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry mate, former arsenal players as wright,adams,albiston,hapgood, o'leary etc are playing for arsenal u18 team :) Besides, Ian Wright is playing for Crystal Palace, where he played before going to arsenal ;)

Don't worry mate, former arsenal players as wright,adams,albiston,hapgood, o'leary etc are playing for arsenal u18 team :) Besides, Ian Wright is playing for Crystal Palace, where he played before going to arsenal ;)

Cool, thanks. Also, i know wrighty played for palace first but I would have thought he was at his best at Arsenal. Oh well, thanks, it looks great, will play later

Yes, i have a legends database (and pictures, too) for Football Manager 2008 made by me but it's not as accurate as the 2009 version...is it ok for your friend ?

That would be great ! Do you want to post here or do you want to send it to me personally ?

P.S. Database and player photos would be great !

Of course mate. Players like Jimmy Greaves, Glen Hoddle, Alan Gilzean, Chris Waddle, Osvaldo Ardiles, Ted Ditchburn, Bobby Smith, Steve Perryman, Cyril Knowles, Chris Hughton, Phil Beal, Danny Blanchflower and a few others are all playing for spurs!

Great database. If you make another Legends Database you could try putting the teams with their greates players ever, rather than selecting the team from a certain era, that way all of the greats would be in the game.

In my honest opinion doing that would completely mess the game up. I tried to do as you suggest but the game gets soooo much boring and lasts no longer than two or three seasons because some teams turn out to be too strong and there's no challenge at all. On the contrary if you have a specific year/period team you have a strong side with a few legends in BUT you have weakness, just like in the real game, and you have to buy/loan new players in order to be competitive at high levels.

Excellent work on this database, I'm having more fun losing on this game than winning on others.

Just a few things I've noticed if you do ever decide to pop out a second version. All of the PA of players is very close, whenever I scout a player they come back with having similar potential to someone already in my squad ie Pele has the ability to be as good as cantona, which is a little off in my books.

Either way excellent release. Thanks

Excellent work on this database, I'm having more fun losing on this game than winning on others.

Just a few things I've noticed if you do ever decide to pop out a second version. All of the PA of players is very close, whenever I scout a player they come back with having similar potential to someone already in my squad ie Pele has the ability to be as good as cantona, which is a little off in my books.

Not in mine :p Right on i you ask me!

Thank man, i was already aware of this issue.I think it may be a problem of the scouts because pele has (obviously) a much higher pa than cantona and generally speaking all the ca/pa are well-pondered ;)

In my honest opinion doing that would completely mess the game up. I tried to do as you suggest but the game gets soooo much boring and lasts no longer than two or three seasons because some teams turn out to be too strong and there's no challenge at all. On the contrary if you have a specific year/period team you have a strong side with a few legends in BUT you have weakness, just like in the real game, and you have to buy/loan new players in order to be competitive at high levels.

I would be interested in this for FM2010, IMO though i believe the players should start where they really started

I would be interested in this for FM2010, IMO though i believe the players should start where they really started

I agree, it makes no sense to make Romário and Ronaldo start at PSV when they were actually developed at Vasco and Cruzeiro respectively.

PSV just bought them, but had little merit in their success.

A starting eleven (4-4-2) according to the ca and attributes would be more or less:

1) Lev Yashin/Ricardo Zamora

2) Franz Beckenbauer/Bobby Moore

3) Gaetano Scirea/Claudio Gentile

4) Nilton Santos/Giacinto Facchetti

5) Paul Breitner/Carlos Alberto Torres

6) Garrincha/Ruud Gullit

7) Frankie Rijkaard/Johan Neeskens

8) Valentino Mazzola/Zico

9) Johann Cruijff/Kubala

10) Pelé/Maradona

11) Ferenc Puskas/Alfredo di Stefano

Consider that lots of legends players start as hot prospects (with a lower ca, then)in the game, that's why they're not in this formation:)

What a great database maybe one of the best around if not the best, excellent work and the time and effort you put on this is increble, but a bit shocked that dennis law isn't on the game despite being a liverpool fan he was a true great for man utd but once again great database!! (y)

When creating legendary teams (for example Real Madrid 1960 or Liverpool 1984) i gave to the players the age that they actually had in that year :) For example, in real life, puskas was 32 in that real madrid, so in the game he'll be 32 years old...and so on. Regarding other players: i assigned random ages to the players who did not belong to legendary teams or played in their primavera o b-team. Some are very young (14-17), some are slightly older (18-24) and so on :)

hya, ive just downloaded the edit for the legends, but when i put it in the db folder it doesnt appear when i go to start a new game. Do you have to have 9.3.0 installed for this to work or is there something you have to do to get it to work?

thanks