The FM08 Career Thread

Evening all, I have finally got round to starting a career game. Have loaded:

England - down to L2 (already have a Dafuge Challenge game so didn't want to start in English non-league again)

Scotland - all

Germany - all

France - all

Norway - all

Poland - all

Hungary - all

I started with sunday league reputation and english only nationality. After a few days of holiday I was offered the job of Pelikan who were newly promoted to the second division (the lowest playable) in Poland.

I have played until the day of the first league game so far, taking charge of a couple of friendlies and frantically offering trials to unattached players. We desperatley needed a couple of centre-halves and some fire power up front. The squad seems decent in midfield and contained 2 decent keepers. I have also identified the dead wood and am trying to sell quite a few as there seems to be no resverve league in Poland, just and under 21 youth squad and the first team and 4 keepers over the age of 21 seems execisive!! icon_eek.gif

I am way under my wage budget at the moment so hopefully I can attract some more free players as the season progreses. Have also appointed 2 scouts and a couple of coaches. The players are all on (or want) very low wages compared to similar standard (attribute wise) players in say league 2 in England. I wish my Halesowen Town board would pay for an Easy Jet flight or one my scouts to Warsaw in my Dafuge challenge save!!

The club is pro and all players and staff are on full time contracts (so I can use previously saved training schedules which is nice icon_smile.gif).

Here is my current manager profile

And the club information screen not too sure about that kit icon13.gif

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

I think i've come to a point in my save, where i'm struggling to take falkirk forward. i'm gonna have a break from them and begin a new save...i will no doubt end up going back to them in the near future...

**** it, i can't get into another game right now...back to my beloved falkirk

January 30th 2008 (currently managing: Morocco)

A quick update on the African Nations tournament proper. Bit of a disappointment.

Group table

And a bit harsh, to be honest, not qualifying for the next round with 6 points.

The match against Senegal was poor, but we picked ourselves up well enough against Cape Verde. The other results weren't in our favor though, which meant we had to win our last match against Ghana by at least two goals.

We played well and were 2-0 up until minute 90, but then they scored an injury time goal to send us home again. It doesn't get much closer than that.

The Moroccan FA aren't happy about our African NAtions performance, but they're still satisfied overall, so I think I won't get the sack just yet.

Still no club job yet though, and I'd like to get one pretty soon. I'll hold on to the Morocco job for a while longer, but if I keep getting turned down by clubs, I'll leave and see if that improves my employment chances.

Career history:

National:

Morocco (July 2007 - present)

July 1st 2008

After a rather disappointing African Nations with Morocco, I was eager to get into club management. I kept getting turned down by even the lowliest of clubs, though, so mid-April I decided to resign as Morocco manager, hoping that would help.

It didn't seem to make me any more wanted by managerless clubs at first, but after the end-of-June clear-out I was finally offered two jobs at once.

League Two club Chesterfield, or Serie C1/B club Cisco Roma were my choices. After a quick look at both clubs, the choice was easily made. Cisco Roma came out of the comparison ahead in pretty much every compartement.

Well, their existing squad needs a bit more work than Chesterfield's, perhaps, but there's a lot more financial scope to work with - higher wage budget, more transfer funds, a healthy bank balance (while Chesterfield was almost broke and had a loan debt).

Cisco also has AS Roma as a parent club, compared to Chesterfield's Nottm Forest. Stadium and facilities are better as well, though that's not much of an advantage in the short run, only if I decide to stay here for several years.

And finally, the expectations were a lot more reasonable. While the Chesterfield board expected me to win League Two within two years, despite their lack of funds, Cisco Roma only wants me to survive in the Serie C1. Granted, we're tipped to struggle, but with the funds available (which aren't huge, mind, but still decent enough to work with) I should be able to achieve that objective.

There's no staff at all at the club, so that's task number one. After that I'll be on the lookout for a bunch of free players and loans.

I'm looking forward to this. Haven't managed in Italy in a long time, and this looks like a club with the potential to spend a few good years.

Career history:

Club:

Cisco Roma, Italy (July 2008 - present)

National:

Morocco (July 2007 - April 2008)

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

July 1st 2008

After a rather disappointing African Nations with Morocco, I was eager to get into club management. I kept getting turned down by even the lowliest of clubs, though, so mid-April I decided to resign as Morocco manager, hoping that would help.

It didn't seem to make me any more wanted by managerless clubs at first, but after the end-of-June clear-out I was finally offered two jobs at once.

League Two club Chesterfield, or Serie C1/B club Cisco Roma were my choices. After a quick look at both clubs, the choice was easily made. Cisco Roma came out of the comparison ahead in pretty much every compartement.

Well, their existing squad needs a bit more work than Chesterfield's, perhaps, but there's a lot more financial scope to work with - higher wage budget, more transfer funds, a healthy bank balance (while Chesterfield was almost broke and had a loan debt).

Cisco also has AS Roma as a parent club, compared to Chesterfield's Nottm Forest. Stadium and facilities are better as well, though that's not much of an advantage in the short run, only if I decide to stay here for several years.

And finally, the expectations were a lot more reasonable. While the Chesterfield board expected me to win League Two within two years, despite their lack of funds, Cisco Roma only wants me to survive in the Serie C1. Granted, we're tipped to struggle, but with the funds available (which aren't huge, mind, but still decent enough to work with) I should be able to achieve that objective.

There's no staff at all at the club, so that's task number one. After that I'll be on the lookout for a bunch of free players and loans.

I'm looking forward to this. Haven't managed in Italy in a long time, and this looks like a club with the potential to spend a few good years.

Career history:

Club:

National:

I do hope you're still carrying on in Gundo's challenge Coach?!

Originally posted by saab693:

I certainly intend to. But the computer on on which I have that savegame is currently being repaired (power supply overheated.) I should have it back either this weekend or early next week though.

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saab693:

I certainly intend to. But the computer on on which I have that savegame is currently being repaired (power supply overheated.) I should have it back either this weekend or early next week though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, it's going to be yours in the next couple of seasons so have to see that happen!

So started out with lots of league loaded cant remember exactley which ones at them in but theres at least one from every continent i think.

I consequently started in Febuary 2008 and began searching for jobs, and within the month i got the stranraer job in the bottom division of the scottish league. This was fair to say the most suprising vacancy because they were 4th and predicted 4th so i can only guess the manager told the board they would easily win the league.

So heres my profile and wish me luck, im only going to stay at each job between 3-5years or until i get completely sick of the team and just feel like a move, i also have one other aim manage in every country i have loaded.

My career

Stranraer Feb 08 - ...

August 20th 2008 (Currently managing: Cisco Roma)

End of pre-season. A few days to go until the first league match - one "Serie C Cup" match played. Time for the squad to be ready, and I think it is.

Cisco Roma had relatively few players when I took control, so I brought in almost an entire squad. I loaned a dozen players from parent club AS Roma, and signed 8 players on a free transfer.

Most of the 12 Roma loans are just to provide squad depth though. Only two of them will likely see regular first team football this season. The best one of those is Andrea Giacomini, who looks absolute quality for this level.

Most of my new key players are the lads I signed for free, though.

Having played Gundo's challenge in Belgium before, I was a bit surprised about the quality of players I managed to attract here. I knew there'd be a difference between the Italian 3rd division and the Belgian 3rd division, but I didn't think the difference would be this big. I managed to sign a whole bunch of senior internationals (granted, from smaller nations, but still).

Effa, for instance, rejected a new contract at FC Metz (recently relegated from the French top league) to sign for Cisco Roma instead. He's my one allowed foreign signing of the season, and his performance in the cup match so far seems to justify that choice.

His striker partner will be Maltese international Daniel Bogdanovich, who was already at the club last season. His experience might be benificial to an otherwise fairly young squad.

Their supply should come from a few awesome midfielders, such as Simon Feindouno, last season at French Ligue 1 club RC Lens.

There's also Manu Dagher, Liberian international from Dutch second tier team Dordrecht. And Togolese international Irélé Apo, who played for AJ Auxerre last season.

Compared to those players, my goalies and (mainly central) defenders aren't quite as impressive, though young Canadian Graham Ramalho will hopefully play a crucial role at the back.

With the squad at my disposal, I should be able to far exceed the club's media prediction of 16th. Then again, I don't really have a good sense yet of the strength of the other Serie C1 teams.

The down side is the financial aspect though, since all these players aren't cheap. I'm within the wage budget, but looking at the season ticket sales, I have a feeling we'll be running at a decent monthly loss. It looks like I'll have to aim for promotion to the Serie B within the next two seasons.

Career history:

Club:

National:

Originally posted by ToMexico!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mocko666:

Im kind of confused

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6576/squadbonuspayoutec6.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5223/leaguetablegx9.jpg

look on the bright side, FM's mistake has saved you money... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe so but my board arent particularly pleased with finishing "10th" hmmm i think ill move jobs as "10th" isnt good enough for my board, if only they knew i actually finished second and now they are still begging me to stay after i declared interest in another job, ahhh the life of FM

After that little bug i decided i was keen to move on so i applied to most clubs around the world and subsequently Stranraer decided to sack me so my career now reads

My Career

Stranraer Feb 2008 - June 2008 Position Finished 2nd. No honours

Hi icon_cool.gif

decide to have a go at this

here the Leagues I'm running

Euro

England - down to L2

Scotland - down to 1st Division

Germany - down to 2nd division

France - down to ligue 2

Holland - down to 1st Division

Italy - down to Serie B

Portugal - down to Liga Vitalis

Spain - Down to Liga BBVA

South America

Brazil - down to 3rd ivision

North America

USA - MLS

Oceania

Australia - A-League

Africa

South Africa - 1st Division

I'll start with Automatic in July 07 I'll post my profile when I get a Team (If I get one) icon_cool.gif

December 10th 2008 (currently managing: Cisco Roma)

Mid-season table

Halfway into my first season in charge of Cisco Roma, in the Serie C1/B. I suppose, being tipped to finish 16th, I should be pleased that we're just about in a playoff spot. I have to admit, though, that I was secretly hoping to be a bit higher by now.

There's not much in it. We're just conceding a touch too easily, and struggle just a tad when trying to put a game beyond doubt. As a result, we often draw when we should win.

We've been slowly climbing, though. Our second win of the season didn't come until match day 8, but now we're on a 5 match unbeaten run (though still with three draws). Still, that made us climb from the bottom to the top of the big mid-table peloton. If we can keep that positive trend going, and turn a few more draws into wins, we should be able to get a playoff spot.

Career history:

Club:

National:

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Hi icon_cool.gif

decide to have a go at this

here the Leagues I'm running

Euro

England - down to L2

Scotland - down to 1st Division

Germany - down to 2nd division

France - down to ligue 2

Holland - down to 1st Division

Italy - down to Serie B

Portugal - down to Liga Vitalis

Spain - Down to Liga BBVA

South America

Brazil - down to 3rd ivision

North America

USA - MLS

Oceania

Australia - A-League

Africa

South Africa - 1st Division

I'll start with Automatic in July 07 I'll post my profile when I get a Team (If I get one) icon_cool.gif

I never got a job offed for ages

so I upped my rep to semi pro and done these leagues

England - down to L2

Top leagues

Scotland

Germany

France

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Spain

USA

Australia

South Africa

Brazil

and Nigeria have often the Nt job so i took it.

I hope to add the Afican cup of nations to my C.V

here my profile Here

Jonzii Season 2013/14

Peterborough

Had a good start to the season, winning my first 3 games and sitting at the top of the league. Stayed in the top 5 through to november, then thing changed a bit. With the club having over £5m in the bank I requested some transfer funds as they had only given me £150k to spend at the beginning of the season, they said they couldn't afford to. icon_confused.gif So I gave them an ultimatum, knowing it probably wouldn't work and they sacked me. icon_frown.gif

Cameroon - African Cup Of Nations

Not having my club job any more let me concentrate on the upcoming African Cup Of Nations. The group stage was pretty straight forward, winning 5-0 and 6-1 against Congo and Togo follwed by a poor 1-0 win against Namibia. We were drawn against Guinea in the 1/4 final and we easily beat them 3-1 to set up a Semi final clash with Nigeria.

Despite taking an early lead through Eto'o and dominating the game, we somehow manaed to lose 2-1. We then went on to win the 3rd placed play-off against Morocco 5-1.

Watford

Another club job didn't come along for a few months. Out of the blue right at the end of the season Watford offered me a job. Weird thing was League 1 had just finished and they had reached the play-offs, so I took it hoping to be back in the championship next season.

We won the semi final 4-3 at home then 3-2 away, and moved into the final to play Burnley.

The final was pretty straight forward for 70 mins, we were 2-0 up and crusing. Then Burnley pulled one back and we were hanging on after that. Fortunately they could get another one and we were going up. icon_biggrin.gif

Cameroon - World Cup 2014

On to the World Cup, the expectation for us was to just enjoy the experience so if I could get us through the group stage I would be happy. Our group consisted of England, Croatia and Japan.

First up was England, and what a game it was. Twice we took the lead only for Scott Sinclair to pull England level. Then in the 74th minute Stephane Mbia got on the end of a free kick to put us 3-2 in front. England then started pushing everyone forward looking for an equaliser, then on 79 mins a Eto'o latched onto a long ball to put us 4-2 in front. And that's how it finished, amazing result really.

We easily dispatched Croatia and Japan both 3-1, moving into the second round as the only team with a 100% record.

The second round drew us against Romania and I was sure we were stronger than them. And so it proved, 2 more Eto'o goals contributing in an easy 4-0 victory.

In the 1/4 final we would go on to play Holland. Didn't really have much expectation of getting through this one. It was a very even game, not many chances for either side. We took the lead after 22 mins, Bikey scoring a header from a corner. Just 10 mins later Holland were awarded a dodgy penalty which they stuck away to make it 1-1. Not really many chances after that until that man again Mr Eto'o popped up with another one to win the game for us 2-1.

Next up in the semis was Turkey, a poor side who were really out of their depth this far into the tournament. To be honest I was expecting an easy victory. We were 2-0 up by the 6th minute and completely dominating the game, another penalty against me after 16 mins brought them back into the game 2-1. Thats how it stayed until the 55th minute when Song scored to put us 3-1 up just after Turkey were reduced to 10 men. I was convinced we would see the game out as we were totally dominant, so i hauled of a couple of my best players to rest them for the final.

How wrong I was, the 10 men of Turkey turned into Supermen and took control of the game, scoring 2 in the last 10 minutes to send us into extra time.

Extra time came and went without incident, so onto the dreaded penalties.

The first four penalties were all saved by the keepers, then the next 6 were all scored leading us into sudden death.

Up stepped Nuri Sahin for Turkey and bang Kameni pulls out a quality save giving us the advantage. Albin Ebondo, my right back had a chance to send us into the Final... which he slotted away comfotably. Not quite sure how but we were in the World Cup Final. icon_biggrin.gif

So onto the final. It would pit us against England in the Maracana, yes the team that we had already beaten earlier in the group stage. Wasn't really that confident, surely England wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

We made a good start to the game, had a couple of chances. Then after 9 minutes Jean II Makoun hit a shot from 25 yards which took a deflection and nestled in the bottom corner. From then on the game was really even, England didn't create hardly anything and I was more than happy to sit in for the moment. It would get even better in the 65th minute, a great counter attack goal saw Eto'o slide in Makoun again for his second of the game and put us 2-0 up.

From then on we controlled the game, England didn't even look like scoring and unbelievably went on to win the World Cup. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Coming back from the tournament as heroes, Samuel Eto'o has decided to relinquish the captaincy whilst on top, but will remain available for selection. I have also decided to resign my post and concentrate on club management.

My very short time at Watford also came to an end, with my new continental reputation icon_cool.gif I am being linked to much bigger jobs.

Career History

Burghausen July 2007 - March 2008

Burgos March 2008 - July 2011 Spanish Federation Cup Winners 2010, 2011

Peterboro March 2012 - Nov 2013

Watford May 2014 - July 2014

Bosnia June 2011 - Oct 2011

Cameroon Feb 2012 - July 2014 World Cup Winners 2014, African Cup Of Nations 3rd Place 2014

Right, I'm gonna give this a go.

Have used iacvone's set up and am semi pro.

First job offer was

Jena - German 2nd division. 69k budget, aim to survive in league

But I delayed...and then got

Paulista - Brazilian 2nd division. 37k budget, aim to be promoted after two years.

Again I delayed..

Almagro - Argentinian 2nd division. 160k budget, aim to establish itself in league.

The 160k budget was too hard to turn down, so I start my career with

ALMAGRO

after a holiday i was offered a job by Argentine D2 outfit Temperley.

Board aims to stay in the league, but it's not going to be easy, they're second bottom, 6 points adrift of the rest halfway through the season. Midfield looks fairly handy and upfront isn't bad but THIS is apparently a starting defender...

plus i can't seem to be able to sign people on loan.

tough times ahead...

CAREERCAREER

Atletico Goianiense - Jan 2008 - Aug 2010

Temperley - Nov 2010 -

Ok a lot to update here.

First full season with Ancona (2014/15)

In Serie C2A we were predicted to finish 3rd. I harboured ambitions to win the league and that's exactly what we did. There was no real doubt that the league would be ours and my main hitman from Val di Sangro - Sebastiano Garlisi shot us to the title. In the end we finished 14 points clear icon14.gif We also won the C2 Super Cup to really put the icing on the cake icon_smile.gif

Second Full Season at Ancona 2015/16

This was far more testing but I improved the squad well and was fairly content with out depth. We were expected to stuggle with relegation but I again felt we could maybe challenge for a playoff spot. However despite a strong start we fell away and in truth this was down to the weakness of our defence. We finished smack bang in mid table - 9th

Current Season with Ancona - 2016/17

This is the season I expect to really press on and challenge for promotion. In all my managerial career so far I've not been in a 2nd tier of any league in the world icon_eek.gif. Hopefully this won't last much longer as I can really see us challenge for promotion this year. Currently we're 7th after 7 games - not ideal but there's plenty of games left to play. Piacenza appear to be running away with it though so maybe we'll have to settle for a playoff spot.

Career so far<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Stranraer - 2007-2008

Val di Sangro - 2008-2013

Brechin - June 2013 - August 2013

Ancona - Aug 2013 -

</pre>

Season 1

Just to let you i forgot about putting managemnt level to automatic but i did start as a sunday league footballer and unempolyed.

The Chosen Leagues were

England

Spain

Italy

Ireland

Wales

N.Ireland

In These leagues I had the lowest legaue you could get in them.

QUB

Queens University Belfast (Northern Irish 2nd Divison

This is the first team who choose me to be there manager to bring good things to the club. I didnt reliase in pre-season that this club was predicte to come 11th out of 12th in the bottom divison of the Norhern Irish League. Every player i brought in was on a free transfer and there wages was under 100 per week as i only had 1.2k a week. So you can see this was looking as a very hard challenge.

Pre- Season went ok best resualt drawing against Newry in the Top league 2-2.

The Season begin icon_razz.gif

In the N.Ireland they start with the first cup which is a mini league base. MIx together of 1st Div and 2nd Div. After 4 games won 3 drew 1 top of league get in !!!!!

After that the season begin with a hard game against promtion favourtie Moyola Park

1-0 down with ten to go then Gary Chrisholm aka legend score to 2 for me to win 2-1. From this game i can see this was going to be good.

Back to the Cup and i got the semi finals which then i lost 2-0 to Banbridge Div 1 Team.

Soon came to more cups which i only reach to the 2nd Roun of them .

Back to the league now and was looking good for promtion which is werid when i was expected to be in the bottom 2.

Season went on and looking good until my main striker was injure and i didnt win for 6 games. So i was going to down to 5th at this stage. I fought that the dream was over.

That dream wasnt over beacuse of christmas i went flying back up the table to regin top spot.

2 games to go and 3 points clear had to beat brantwood and PSNI drawe or lose to gain the championship and have 1 game in hand. I beat Brantwood 3-0 with Chrisholm getting 2 and PSNI drawing so i won the league.

I think this is a great achivement for a team i ahd who predcite 11th to finsh 1st. Everyone at the club loves me for this>

!!!!! Bring on the 1st Div !!! (there is a prem aswell)

Gary Chrisholm 25 apps 25 Goals

Steven Howrd 28 7 Assist

Almagro Update

Just over three months in and I sit 12th with my record being 5 wins 2 draws 6 losses.

I have the second best defensive record in the league but as you can probably imagine, I can't score.

I did start the season with -3 points for some reason so I really should be 10th not 12th.

Board are disappointed however despite me maintaining their ambition of a safe mid table position!

Positive note is my parent club is Boca icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

Ok a lot to update here.

First full season with Ancona (2014/15)

In Serie C2A we were predicted to finish 3rd. I harboured ambitions to win the league and that's exactly what we did. There was no real doubt that the league would be ours and my main hitman from Val di Sangro - Sebastiano Garlisi shot us to the title. In the end we finished 14 points clear icon14.gif We also won the C2 Super Cup to really put the icing on the cake icon_smile.gif

Second Full Season at Ancona 2015/16

This was far more testing but I improved the squad well and was fairly content with out depth. We were expected to stuggle with relegation but I again felt we could maybe challenge for a playoff spot. However despite a strong start we fell away and in truth this was down to the weakness of our defence. We finished smack bang in mid table - 9th

Current Season with Ancona - 2016/17

This is the season I expect to really press on and challenge for promotion. In all my managerial career so far I've not been in a 2nd tier of any league in the world icon_eek.gif. Hopefully this won't last much longer as I can really see us challenge for promotion this year. Currently we're 7th after 7 games - not ideal but there's plenty of games left to play. Piacenza appear to be running away with it though so maybe we'll have to settle for a playoff spot.

Career so far<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Stranraer - 2007-2008

Val di Sangro - 2008-2013

Brechin - June 2013 - August 2013

Ancona - Aug 2013 -

</pre>

You've had an interesting career so far, do you see your self staying at Ancona for many seasons to come?

Good luck with your strive for promotion this season. icon14.gif

Now February 2008 and things are going great!

Currently 6th in the table, but if I weren't to have got three points deducted, would be 4th! icon_eek.gif

Last three months my record has been 7 wins 2 draws only one loss

Pushing it to get into promotion (top two) but theres a chance

Originally posted by ChubbyChutton:

Six games to go in the season and its extremely tight at the top.

I lie 5th with a game in hand on 58 points, 3rd and 4th are on 60, 1st and 2nd are on 61.

I may, just may get promoted icon_biggrin.gif

And I did!

Finished second, beating third by two points!

Argentinian first division here I come

Originally posted by Parklanespur:

This must be thet most ridicilous challenge i have ever seen

Rubbish /o\ icon13.gif

It's not so much a challenge, more of a place for users to compare and report their career games.

after loosing 6 games in a row and realising that Temperley are cut off at the bottom of D2 for a reason (!), i decided to cut my losses and resign. need to find a club with a decent squad to rebuild my career with!

Career

Atletico Goainiense - Jan 08 - August 2010

Temperley - Nov 2010 - March 2011

Originally posted by Parklanespur:

This must be thet most ridicilous challenge i have ever seen

Rubbish /o\ icon13.gif

Not really. I quite like reading how people are getting on in their games. As i'm stuck at work, it's the next best thing to playing actual the game! icon_biggrin.gif

Started again, i randomly selected austria, then decided to load them along with every country that borders them, those being

Germany

Switzerland

Slovenia

Slovakia

Hungary

Italy

Czech Republic

Started unemployed and 3days in was offered the Erfurt job, rejected, 900k per annum and zilch for transfers...managed in germany before....next day NK Krka offered me a job...accepted 10k transfers and 80k ish per annum wages...Slovenian 2nd Division watch out

Hey guys.

Just started a new game (:

Sunday League Footballer Rep.

Loaded the leagues;

England - Blue square confrence upwards

Scotland - Division three upwards

Ireland - First Division and upwards

Sweden - Second Division and upwards

Turkey - Second Division and upwards.

Looking for a job as we speak. May my career as a manager start off a good one!

Been looking for a thread like this for a while =)

After being rejected by Turkish Second Division outfit, Izmirispor, the chairman of Motala AIF FK approached me, i gladly took the job as no one else was available. A job in less than 2 weeks.

Lets see how this goes.

Well, the friendly results are in for MAIF.

Before my career;

Adolfsberg 2-1 (H)

Hjulsbro 1-2 (H)

Nike 2-0 (H)

Starnan 2-1 (H)

My Reign;

Kronang 3-3 (H)

Skene 5-1 (H)

So far, i've scored more goals in 2 games than the last manager had in 4. But, i have conceded the same in 2 games as they had in 4.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Sorry for the triple most mind you icon_wink.gif

NK Krka - 07/08 Slovenian 2nd Division

Media Prediction 9th from 10

Transfer Budget 0

Wage Budget 80k per annum

What a fantastic first season for NK Krka. We finished 1st as we stunned our opposition with some really impressive wins and unbeaten runs. League For a team predicted to finish 2nd last we didn't have a bad squad. I didn't have to plan a squad overhaul as pretty much every position was covered , we just needed to add a little quality to the side to make things look a little pretty. With no money to spend i looked to bring in some loans signings, but there was no quality players available. Free transfers were inevitable but i decided to try and stick within my wage budget which was around 12k per annum under. I found a talented 29 year old MR who was an outstanding signing. I added some youth/pace in attack to partner my old timer we already had. Transfers

Cups went surprisingly well as we reached the quarter finals, finally being defeated by a top flight side.

Team Stats

Barboric

Old Timer Plevnik

Best Eleven

Finances increased over the season, around 40k in profit. Then when the new season came and promotion was reality we were given 210k from a new 1 year sponsorship of the club. Finances

Other screenies

Club Confidence

Knowledge

This coming season i have no money to spend on transfers but i reckon my 275k per annum wage budget will be money well spent as i look to offer some contracts out. Avoiding relegation obviously our main aim this season.

Well after finding that Krka said one thing and did another by not giving me the 275k per annum in wages they promised i knew this season would be a struggle. 6 games in, 4 loses and 2 draws it was time to move on. I had got them as far i could with the resources available. 370k in the bank and top flight football. Ta very much.

I offered my services out to a small number of team but no immediate replies, so i holidayed. Got a couple of offers until Eschborn offered me a contract of 0k in every department, a club i think i could take forward, an amatuer team but they had a 38 year old Celso Ayala playing at the back.

Have stupidly forgotten about the German League rules in having to register players to play. Signed 3 players already and i can't play them. Nevermind its mid-November now so not long til January.

Originally posted by birdy123:

Interesting twist in your career.

Never tried the German leagues myself.

i may regret not giving NK Krka at least half a season or more, but i don't want a relegation against my name, plus losing 4-2, 3-0, 6-2 week in week out just isn't fun at all.

08/09 - FC Eschborn

Media Prediction - 16th from 18

Transfer Budget - 0

Wage Budget - 0

Final Position - 11th Table

I got carried away in getting into my 3rd season in my new career that i forgot to do any screenies of the end of season stats. So i'll work with what i have.

Arriving 5 games into the season Eschborn were sitting in a lowly 14th, better than the predicted placing but somewhat lower than what i thought the team should be achieving. The squad was poor in general but it had its exceptions. 38 year old Celso Ayala a rock in defence albeit rather a slow one. Goalkeeper Tomislav Piplica, another golden oldie was a great addition from Cottbus in the close season by the previous manager. Bringing in fresh blood was a struggle as being a Amateur team with no wage budget, i had to scour the market for some "past it" players to fill the gaps in the squad. Transfers

The season had its ups and downs, fixtures were tough at times having to play the top 8 or so consecutively, not gaining a point. To then playing the struggling teams around us to win a number of games worthy of making us a mid table team. This was repeated in the second half of the season, therefore not giving us any sort of momentum to beat a top side when we were on a run. However the 11th place finish was much better than expected so i'm happy.

Aims for the 09/10 season are to establish ourselves as a mid tabled side and possibly become a semi professional side. Also to try and replace some of the older players we have with some more young sprightly players. Media Prediction 10th

Archived