The FM08 Career Thread

Originally posted by Jonzii:

Jonzii - Season 09/10

Burgos C.F. - Liga BBVA

League Table

Squad

Transfer History

There was no way my current squad was going to be able to compete in Liga BBVA, I desperately needed to bring in some quality but with 200k to spend I was praying that there would be some decent free transfers out there.

Turns out my prayers were answered, quite a few decent players from the french league were available on frees ans most importantly they were interested in joining us. So I snapped a few of the better ones up, they were all considered to be leading starts for Liga BBVA sides.

After a couple of other signings at the back my team looked loads stronger than before, however with the wages I was paying these decent players my finances were getting pretty bad.

These are some of the new players.

Souleymane Camara Simon Feindouno

Eric Marester

Cedric Fabien

Now for the season. Started off poorly, losing my first game quite convincingly at home to Tenerife. But then we went on a 9 game unbeaten run, which pushed us up into the top 5.

The next 2 games both ended in defeat, but my tactics were now begining to work and make sense which then led to a 18, yes 18 match unbeaten run icon_biggrin.gif putting us firmly in the top 3. Things seemed to be going far too well but the new players I had signed were awesome and were really doing the business for me.

Then came the new patch icon_mad.gif 1st game we played, away to Cadiz who were also hovering around the top 5 saw us get a complete mauling 6-0 which led to a few more awful performances, my once bulletproof tactic was now at best average. icon_frown.gif

For the rest of the season we struggled with consistency but still managed to stay around the top 5. With 6 games to go we were in 5th, 2 points from a promotion place, somehow we managed 3 wins and draw which took us down to the last day of the season.

Sitting in 3rd going into the last game, our fate was in our hands. All we needed was a draw at home to Sevilla Athletico who were bottom of the league, we dominated them and won 3-1.

La Liga here we come icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Unbeleivably we had achieved successive promotions, we seriously overachieved due to my tactics being sorted for 2 thirds of the season but struggled a few times after the patch. La Liga will be fun but I would be very suprised if we get anywhere near avoiding relegation.

Watch out Barca/Real!!! icon_smile.gif

well done!! great achievement.. icon14.gif

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to have a go at this one.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Loaded all available leagues from:

China, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine and Serbia </pre>

Some rules I have set for myself for my first team:

- The team must be semi-pro or amateur

- The team has to start in the lowest possible division

- I'll start outside the big three countries (Russia, Germany, Ukraine)

My profile (started sunday league)

Jonzil Congrats mate on your achievements. Your career has certainly started off with a bang, i hope i can do the same in Holland!

As for FC Eindhoven i haven't had a huge amount of time to devote to them recently (and the game takes a while to process icon_rolleyes.gif). However, i have managed a 1-1 draw with Juventus reserves in one of my friendlies and am about to embark on the League.

I've managed to get a couple of players on loan, a DC and MC on a free and sold an MC for £180K up front + clauses! icon_wink.gif

My biggest news is my parent club. Not having one i asked the board for one and they gave me 2 options: NAC breda or ......PSV! Naturally i went for PSV (paying me £40K a year) and they have already sent me 2 quality players. I'm hoping to get a ST and an AMC before the season begins. However, my wage structure is hampering my acquisitions somewhat icon_rolleyes.gif

But my career is under way and will playe dmore this evening.....

All the best of everyone icon14.gif

Jonzil - great achievement so far!

As for my Stranraer side - things have started nicely. I've brought in some random Italians (seeing as my manager is Italian) who are doing a great job and we're sitting 2nd after 5 games. KUTGW everyone icon14.gif

Resigned as manager of Meppen, due to the lack of funds/wages available, after a good start sitting 2nd for a around 10 games i slumped down to 10th, after 22, i can't see the team progressing with the current situation.

A few jobs available, once again in Urugua, a number in Norway, some Blue Square South teams and i fancy a pop in the Argentinian league...

Trying out an Eastern European Career save this time...

Running to full;

Russia

Ukraine

Slovenia

Slovakia

Croatia

Romania

Hungary

Poland

Belarus

Czech Republic

Serbia

and loaded nations of Moldova, Bosnia, Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro with Greece and Turkey due to their close location...

Am now the manager of Bonifika. They play in the Slovenian 2nd Division...screenies and end of season report to follow in a few days

6 games to go in my first season with Stranraer in the Scot 3rd Div and there are 4 teams vying for the automatic promotion top spot with just 3 points between us all! This will really go right down to the wire. This is also the kind of start I need if my managerial career is going to take off - I desparately need to win the league!!

Juve Stabia in Serie C1B just said I was favourite for the job - I've declared interest and hopefully can secure a job there for the start of next season.

Incidentally a good tip for progressing from club to club is to keep your contract length as short as possible - it means the clubs that may be interested in you have to pay a smaller compensation fee icon14.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

Ended up not going to Juve Stabia. Stayed on at Stranraer and lost the league by 3 points icon13.gif. However, we went up through the playoffs \o/ hurrah.

2nd Division Scottish football next season or pastures new? I'm yet to decide...

Well done mate icon14.gif

Did you turn down a job offer from Juve Stabia? or did they not follow up their interest?

Nope they just appointed someone else without offering it to me. I decided to end my reign at Stranraer in the summer...1 season was enough. I've now taken the reigns at little known Italian C2C outfit Val di Sangro

Not too sure whether this is a step up or step down...At least I'm in a country with a highly reputable top league.

How you getting on Jonzii?

Just finished my first season in La Liga, will post an update shortly. My contract was running out, but ended up signing a new one. Not sure why cos I think i'm going to quit, been there 3 1/2 seasons now. My reputation is up to National now so should be able to get a half decent job somehwere.

Jonzii - Season 2010/11

Burgos C.F. - La Liga

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Pre season was a bit of a struggle. I was trying to bring in players but every time it looked like I was about to sign someone, it got hijacked by a bigger club.

In the end I only managed to bring in 4 players before the start of the season, and three of them were on loan, the best of them and probably the 2nd best player in the season was Xavier Pentecote from Toulouse.

Well.. the season started well, only lost one of my first 6 games and that was 1-0 away to runaway winners Valencia and I was sitting in the top 8. Scraped 2 more wins and a draw from my next ten games and we were sat just below halfway but pretty comfortable.

Then everything went wrong, only managed to pick up 2 points from my next 17 games and we were in freefall, moving us to 17th place just 1 point above Espanyol in 18th.

Luckily in our next game we managed to end our poor run with a 1-0 victory over Murcia, in a game that totally dominated. We followed that up with a draw away to Osasuna and another much needed victory at home to bottom club Almeria.

At this point with 6 games left we were well behind the rest of the league, and it was looking like the final relegation spot was between us and Espanyol. Lucky for us, the recent points had taken us 4 points above them. Manage a couple of draws over the next few games, Espanyol keep losing and we are out of sight going into the last game. icon_biggrin.gif

So little Burgos have managed to survive with the big boys and will play at least another season in La Liga, however i will not be there with them as I have just resigned. Time for another challenge I think.

A small update of my career so far (not had much game time recently!)........

FC Eindhoven are currently sitting 6th out of 20 teams in the Dutch first division. It is something of a strange league structure icon_confused.gif

The winners are promoted icon14.gif

The teams placed 2-9 qualify for the play-offs, depending if any other teams win the sections. What sections? I'm not sure either icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, we've got about 12 games remaining and are pretty well placed.

Leo Borges my Brazilian ST is having a good season, but i'm sniffing around the job market!

I'm tempted to see out the season, then retire come what may icon_wink.gif

I'd be chuffed if we got promotion, we're expected to finish 16th. The board just want us to enjoy the experience icon_biggrin.gif

I was approached to take over Sheffield Wednesday, but declined. I want to manage abroad elsewhere before returning to my homeland.

Jonzil Enjoy your International experience icon14.gif

Iacovone How's life in the lower leagues of Italian football? Have you got a decent parent club?

You never know i might follow you to Italy (I am not a stalker icon_wink.gif)

Originally posted by cookie15:

FC Eindhoven are currently sitting 6th out of 20 teams in the Dutch first division. It is something of a strange league structure icon_confused.gif

The teams placed 2-9 qualify for the play-offs, depending if any other teams win the sections. What sections? I'm not sure either icon_rolleyes.gif

Leo Borges my Brazilian ST is having a good season, but i'm sniffing around the job market!

I'd be chuffed if we got promotion, we're expected to finish 16th. The board just want us to enjoy the experience icon_biggrin.gif

I was approached to take over Sheffield Wednesday, but declined. I want to manage abroad elsewhere before returning to my homeland.

Iacovone How's life in the lower leagues of Italian football? Have you got a decent parent club?

how could you turn down sheffield wednesday?? they're the greatest team in the world... icon_wink.gif

Well given my penchant for Italian football I'm loving it so far - and the season hasn't even begun. Seeing as Val di Sangro are the first Italian side I've managed on FM08 I intend to do a good job here and at least get them to Serie C1. Parent and Feeder clubs seem to be all the rage in Italy. I have 5 parent clubs (Siena being the best) and 2 feeder clubs icon14.gif.

Brought in some very good players on loan, and I'm feeling quietly confident about the season ahead despite being predicted to come 14th

I'll try. Not managed an international team since erm... can't remember when, probably FM06. Might have another job lined up though. icon14.gif

Hey guys.

Just thought I would join in this thread, I love threads like this.

Anyway, I'm managing in Argentina, with all the South American and North American leagues loaded. However, only Argentina is playable.

I waited a season till the newly promoted sides appeared, and took over at All Boys.

They have a very averagly average squad. The board want me to avoid relegation and I'm predicted to finish 17th. I think I can finish lower-midtable personally.

As the transfer window is closed, I can't improve the squad. But the board have given me £300k to spend in the next window, a pretty good amount for a club of my stature. I have a Brazilian side (Vitoria) as my Parent club, but they haven't loaned me any players.

I currently don't have any staff, but am in the process of hiring about 5 coaches, a Physio and an Ass Man. I think I may have exceeded the wage budget though after these signings.

The squad are also pretty old, most of the starting 11 are over 30, but hopefully they can all be replaced by the end of this season.

Good luck to the rest of you and I will be updating soon.

See you! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

Started again with Automatic reputation...Running these leagues if anyone's interested:

Argentina - 2nd Div

Brazil - 2nd Div

England - League 2

France - National

Germany - 2nd Div

Holland - First Div

Italy - C2

Scotland - 3rd Div

Spain - Liga BBVA

USA - MLS

Applying for jobs as we speak.

just seen the theard its ok if i join in

Originally posted by robbo8608:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Started again with Automatic reputation...Running these leagues if anyone's interested:

Argentina - 2nd Div

Brazil - 2nd Div

England - League 2

France - National

Germany - 2nd Div

Holland - First Div

Italy - C2

Scotland - 3rd Div

Spain - Liga BBVA

USA - MLS

Applying for jobs as we speak.

just seen the theard its ok if i join in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone is welcome icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Jonfun1980:

I can't get a job got 32 leagues running.

What reputation did you set, and did you load the leagues down to the lowest divisions?

I've started again with different leagues, as it was too hard to get a job.

This time I have loaded the following leagues-

Australia

Belgium

Brazil

China (Used China January 2008 as start date)

England (to League Two)

Germany

Portugal

South Africa

Sweden

USA

I chose Israel, Romania and Denmark last time, but they didn't have many, if any, local/obscure rep clubs, meaning I could only really get jobs in Germany and South Africa at the start.

Sweden has 4 levels with a lot of divisions, Belgium has 3 as does Portugal. Should mean there are a lot more possibilities for finding new jobs.

Anyway I got a job at Skene in the end, and the chairman wants to be in the First Division Elite in 4 years, which means he wants 2 promotions in that time. An ambitious chairman should hopefully make it interesting.

After moving FC Eindhoven to an unpredicted 6th i decided to retire and seek pastures new. I was considering a move to a sunnier climb and the idea of Argentina or Brazil really caught the imagination.

Naturally i opted to take the reins at the sunny club of ...........Dunfermline in the First Division in Scotland icon_biggrin.gif

Not a bad squad, but will need some real quality if i can get these guys promoted icon_rolleyes.gif

finally been offered my first club job - FC Augsberg of 2. Bundesliga. think i will take it on - mainly as i quite like their strip!! germany isn't somewhere i've played a lot, so it'll be somewhere new to go! best pack my suitcase i guess!!

I got a job last night at Eindhoven. It was the third time I loaded the game. I had to start at Pro level.

Not home till Monday night so I can't play the game.

I will post updates half way through the season and at the end. I am going to hopefully stay with them for 2 season then move on. I want to go up in my first season. The squad is pretty decent.

One question I forgot to ask. How do you post screenshots with links.

Like My profile.

You click it and it shows the picture etc.

I have a photobucket account.

Click on the URL tag above where you write your post. Where it says URL paste in the link to the image, where it says title write in what you want the link to say. Hope that makes sense.

Jonzii how is your career going?

Not had much time to play much recently. Played 3 games so far in charge of Bosnia, lost two of them against Spain and Norway, drew away to Austria. They were the last 3 games for WC qualifying but we were already well out of it when I took over.

To be honest the quality of players to pick from isn't that great, we would need to overachieve or get a really easy group to qualify for the euros. Not sure if its worth sticking around, we will see. icon_smile.gif

Hows life in Eindhoven?

This sounds good to me, so am will start a new game Running the following leagues with a large database and extra players from New Zealand (were im from)

ENGLAND-Germany-Portugal-Spain-Italy-Australia-USA-Scotland.(All to the lowest possible Leagues).

Will post with employment details.

Archived