The Lost Season 4 thread *for episodes aired in the US/abc.com* *season 3 spoilers and a mid-season cut-off guranteed*

rosslarkin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was an ok episode, but very weak in relation to a season opener. Didn't have the WTF moment we've become accustomed to with Lost season premiere's. To me it felt more like a continuation episode. As if the season finale last year was aired last week and this one was aired this week. It's probably for the best, letting the game come to them rather than forcing something.

Anyway, I really enjoy the introduction of the flash forward. Keeping things fresh and now gives us another mystery that we can argue about.

Originally posted by Andrew K:

I thought it was an ok episode, but very weak in relation to a season opener. Didn't have the WTF moment we've become accustomed to with Lost season premiere's. To me it felt more like a continuation episode. As if the season finale last year was aired last week and this one was aired this week. It's probably for the best, letting the game come to them rather than forcing something.

Anyway, I really enjoy the introduction of the flash forward. Keeping things fresh and now gives us another mystery that we can argue about.

Originally posted by RedBlood:

Jacks dad in Jacobs cabin

http://cache.lostpedia.com/images/a/a5/Cap08.jpg

well, there's your wtf moment, because...

WTF??

Phrased that poorly: I think it's the "smoke monster" too, but hasn't that in the past taken the shape of something with a connection to the character in question, so why did Hurley see him? Or have I just forgotten some connection between the two, which is of course possible as I've hardly watched any episode more than once.

Great ep. Im not sure if all these screencap moments (the images you only see by getting a single frame screencap but cant see watching it) arent just put in by the writers to mess with people and take the p!ss, as they know alot of people litterally analyse it frame by fram

Originally posted by artest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rekwob Toille:

anyone who considers the flashforwards the present and the island events flashbacks, please stop watching now

WHAT SHOULD I CONSIDER IT AS THEN?

Lost is back. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

island is now, flashforwards are in the future, since they're all going to be at different times in the future they cant be called the present

guess this is what i get for reading the lostpedia forum

Hurley's seemed very close to leaving, no noticeable changes with either character. Also Hurley mentioning the media would suggest it hadnt been too long.

Possibly, also, Hurley and Jacks first meeting, since Hurley appologised then and seemed genuinly sorry for not going with Jack. It was as if he was bursting to say sorry and hadnt had the opportunity yet, as they hadnt met, maybe.

Jack's breakdown seemed after a good few months (maybe) at least of searching for the island. "Sometimes i just get on a plane and hope we crash on there" or something along those lines leads me to believe there has been a long look for the island.

Good episode but not great at all. Some of Hurley's moments were horrifically cheesy: cannonball sequence and "HE'S DEAD" in particular.

Has anybody mentioned the secret that Hurley and Jack touched upon before Hurley apologised?

I'm expecting there to have been a point where they could only 'rescue' 6 people and Jack had to make a decision as to who the lucky people were whilst everyone else were killed/taken away. If people were still alive, it would make sense as to why a Jack wrecked with guilt would want to go back.

It's too soon to really make sense of anything.

By the way, would it be right to assume that reinstitued Hurley imagined the patient (whom told him somebody was staring at him) as well as Charlie?

Archived