The Old World Database - Discussion Thread

Currently we have 16 Vatican City Clubs + 26 Sicily Clubs, then add 13 Sardinia Clubs gives us 55, we are a lot closer now than we were :p

to find the clubs google "football clubs in Sardinia" - the wikipedia page for it gave me those figures....

keep up the good work Des!

EDIT: there are about 20 regions in Italy looking into it on wikipedia. don't know if this will help... there are also 5 'autonomus' regions which are the mai ones. Sicily and Sardinia are two of them...

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you have an email address I can send the Yugoslavian teams to?

Other possible 'Nations' you could do:

- Monaco (Island in France, not sure there would be that many teams though)

- Rome (Roman empire, not sure there would be that many teams if it was just teams based in Rome now though)

- Canary Islands (again, no idea how many teams they have there)

- Austria-Hungary?

Here are some clubs, some could be argued but here is the list. 34 teams

Adana Demirspor

Adanaspor

Adiyamanspor

Batman Bld. Spor

Batman Petrolspor

Belediye Vanspor

Ceyhanspor

Cizrespor

D.C. Divrispor

DISKI Spor

Diyarbakir Kayapinar Bld.Spor

Diyarbakirspor

Elazigspor

Erzincanspor

Erzurumspor

GASKI Spor

Gaziantep Bld.Spor

Gaziantepspor

Hatayspor

Iskenderun Demircelikspor

Kahramanmarasspor

Karsspor

Kayseri Erciyesspor

Kayserispor

Kilis Bld.Spor

Malatya Bld.Spor

Malatyaspor

Mardinspor

Nusaybin Demirspor

Sanliurfa Belediyespor

Sanliurfaspor

Siirtspor

Sirnakspor

Sivasspor

EDIT: More teams found on the games database. Now 44 teams.

Baglar Vuralspor

Vanspor

Igdirspor

Agrispor

Batman Karsiyakaspor

Bitlis Özgüzelderespor

Bingol Bld.

Silopi Cudispor

Kurtalanspor

Musspor

You could actually split up Brazil into the 27 states, although that would be lot of leagues!! Alternatively you could split it up inot its 5 regions. There is always talk of how the South-East region dominates Brazil (i.e. te teams rom Rio and Sao Paulo) so it would be interesting to see how the weaker regions like the North would cope on their own.

Great work so far guys - it will be interesting to see the final product. I would love to lend a hand but don't have the time. You might find this wikipedia page on non-FIFA affiliated teams useful for ideas on further nations to edit in (unless that would be too much work!). Including Padania as an Italian region would be cool, especially as they are the current VIVA World Champions. ;)

Thank you Dodgee, That website will be a great halp, thanks for that one :)

Right now I am working through trying to figure out which nations I am actually able to swap.

I think I have discovered that Slovakia just will not work for some reason, but thats alright I can work on where to put each nation as I go. Of course the problem could've been to do with where I swapped the B teams too, but I will figure out what is wrong with it.

They are not their B team any longer ;)

I edited that because otherwise the Basque teams were unable to be run as basically the entire 2nd division is full of teams who have links with Athletic which are just waaaay too strong, so the links have been removed or toned down.

Thanks Pluckaduck, I am now working on trying to get West Germany into France. Now I have not included all of the old East German teams in the new League system, but mainly because if they have a B-Team I have to move them across so it resulted in 5 of the 110 East German clubs missing out on the new league system. These problems are also going to mean that in the end after I create the leagues we want the rest of Europe is going to be a serious mess of left over clubs, but thats ok.

It is looking awesome! Just to let you know Bilbao Ath.is Athletic's B team so I don't know if you will face problems with that...

I also holidayed the game 3 seasons through just to check, and now have a long term holiday game running with East Germany added, and its looking good as well :)

No problem dude :) And the holiday game has run through a season and a half with those two leagues running and no porblems :) So it really is looking like it will work with at least those two.

Next mission is to get West Germany running in the game as well. Then Once I have got all the leagues running I will get onto the changing of the Cities, and then next after that is moving all the people so they have the right nationalities haha. Not an easy job all over, but I am hoping I can get there.

I think doing all the players will be the most difficult as there are lots and lots of players! Are you going to look through each player's birthplace individually and then change his nationality? Or are you just going to for example set all German players in the Eastern clubs to East German? I know Michael Ballack is from East Germany!

So Damn I just switched the 500+ teams of West Germany into france and the system crashed out on me...little bit worried bout that. Kinda hoping it is because Frace doesn't allow II teams, if that is the case I am just going to swap them out for other German teams and make them into proper clubs who play at the bottom end of the old German leagues instead :p

I am pretty sure I will be able to get it to work in some form no matter what I will keep fiddling around until it does work :)

what about greenland? its a massive country

you could put in the montenegrian league

Greenland may be massive in size but it's anything but in population :D it's only a sixth of Iceland in those terms despite being 20x bigger.

Wiki doesn't give me a list of all their teams, only the eight that reached last years finals. That said, Iceland only has around 70 (at the very most) teams in the league structure so if we apply the same ratio as with population that would leave some 10-15 teams in Greenland.

Archived