The Old World Database - Discussion Thread

We can make Greenland playable I reckong if we get 20 teams. The Hong Kong league only needs 20 teams in their top two tiers and all the non-league sides do not participate in the cups. You can them just leave those teams as Hong Kong nationality whilst changing the two divisions to Greenland and it will be like they were never there :D

A more lengthly way to research but mre effective is to get a list of all cities/towns in a country/region and then search clubs in the editor through that. That is how I managed to find 50 clubs for both the Basque counry and Catalonia.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good idea, it may take more time, but it definitely works to find those small obscure clubs :)

I have been a bit lax this week, because I am back at work and have less free time I have set down my evenings mostly to play FM and my mornings to try and set-up an auto editor to run while I am at work moving players, on the weekend I will hit it hard and try to get all the nations working with then I will only need to sort out the cities and the players after that.

Ok, I have researched a few things now and got the following results:

Sapmi (Lapland): There are over 100 teams, so enough for a league, there is even a team called Santa Claus, pure class. I will send the full list to you after I have cleared some questions.

Northern Cyprus: Not enough teams and it is difficultto reearch as the boundaries are not so clear

Gibraltar: No teams in FM

Vatican City: No temas in FM

Monaco: Only one team in FM

Greenland: No teams in FM

So unfortunately a lot of the countries will be impossible to do unless we create teams.

Another suggestion I would make would be to do 4 island leagues:

Portugal: Azores and Madeira

Spain: Balearic and Canary Islands

Italy: Sardinia and Sicily

France: Corsica and ... not sure tere are any others...

Just a suggestion, if you think it is a good idea I will research it.

Another possibility would be to add former colonies into the French, Spanish and Portuguese leagues, so you have it all under one league system. You can make Europe the centre of the old world :)

Thanks cimbom, I need to check if these teams are in FM, ideally we need more teams though, around the 30-50 mark would be good. I managed to find a list of all the cities in Northern Cyprus and will have a look in a bit, but if you want to look around as well it would be great.

Here a list of the top 20 teams ranked through reputation as a taster :):

Tromsø

Bodø/Glimt

RoPS

TP-47

PS Kemi

Alta

Tromsdalen

Umeå FC

Steinkjer

Levanger

Skarp

Santa Claus

Senja

Harstad

Hammerfest

Skarphedin

Mjølner

Ersboda

Porsanger

FC Lynx

They are mainly Norwegian with a few Swedish and Finnish teams in there.

I cant get the info about the Northen Cyprus teams. Do you need the player lists?

Oops missed that, and I suppose the list is for Kurdistan teams not North Cyprus, sorry!

The biggest city in North Cyprus (Lefkosia) does not show up in the FM Editor so I don't know whether tere will be any teams there...

Oops missed that, and I suppose the list is for Kurdistan teams not North Cyprus, sorry!

The biggest city in North Cyprus (Lefkosia) does not show up in the FM Editor so I don't know whether tere will be any teams there...

O sorry it was supposed to say I can get the info :D If its not in the FM database there is no point making the teams then. That list is the Northern Cyprus teams.

Portugal: Azores and Madeira

Spain: Balearic and Canary Islands

Italy: Sardinia and Sicily

France: Corsica and ... not sure tere are any others...

Just a suggestion, if you think it is a good idea I will research it.

Another possibility would be to add former colonies into the French, Spanish and Portuguese leagues, so you have it all under one league system. You can make Europe the centre of the old world :)

With France you could add in teams from all of the little islands, they used to have, Guadeloupe etc.

As for the colonial teams, I love the idea! Could put all of the canadian, Indian, america etc teams into the UK leagues as well.

Maybe in one of the bigger countries you could do a British Empire one - have Australian teams, some American ones, South Africans, Indians, Hong Kong, Singapore etc??? Seperate from the British one though..

Would be happy to help with that..

Corithano cyprus is allready split into northern and southern on fm.

And also corsico is part of italy they play in the italian lower leagues

There is not Northern Cyprus sides in the Editor, only Suther Cyprus one, divided into an A League, B League and Lower League. There is also only Cyprus as a Nation and not a division.

I don't know Corsico, but Corsica is a Mediterranena island off France: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsica

Can you tell me what the biggest country left is - ie the one with most teams left in it, and how many teams there are?

I will volunteer for organising that...

There is so going to be a Santa Challenge next Christmas (if we don't have FM 2010 by then)

Actually A League with the major teams from the rest of the British Empire could be quite cool :)

As for the rest, except for creating teams I am all for them all :) I love the Lapland Idea, I sooo want to play a game in that league as Santa Claus :)

Nice, there are only 22 sides from the Azores and Madeira, do you think that will be enough to create a league?

There is not Northern Cyprus sides in the Editor, only Suther Cyprus one, divided into an A League, B League and Lower League. There is also only Cyprus as a Nation and not a division.

I don't know Corsico, but Corsica is a Mediterranena island off France: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsica

i think i read that cyprus is split in athread in the editors forum i could be mistaken though

I thought you meant corsico who are in the italian lower leagues I couldn't find corsica in the database thought

Des are you going to do austria hungary as i will be happy to do it

EDIT after doing a bit of reashearch It would screw up checkoslovakia if you do austria hungary.

There a 11 north korean teams in the database so there arent enough teams to make a north korea league.

Can you tell me what the biggest country left is - ie the one with most teams left in it, and how many teams there are?

I will volunteer for organising that...

There is so going to be a Santa Challenge next Christmas (if we don't have FM 2010 by then)

I think that would be what is going to be our British Empire League.

Nice, there are only 22 sides from the Azores and Madeira, do you think that will be enough to create a league?

I think its just a little too small, but maybe you could add it to some other small nations to make a combined league

Actually, should we do both the island leagues and the Empire thing, or stick with just one of them?

I think we can manage both, I have already done some splits and some joins so if you build it I will come :p

Obviously, not my decision, but my two pennyworth is that both should be done if we can...

What the boss said...

Me Boss? Haha

I would really hate to make more work for you...but shouldn't the Irish league also be included in the United Kingdom league?

Unless this database is for a time after Ireland declared independence?

Umm it is just based on a mix of places and some leagues I would like to run, if we go current day for the UK, Ireland is not included

There are some big cities in the island corsica like Ajaccio and Bastia, which had teams in the Lige 1 beofre

I am sure there are some Corsica clubs lol

I am very happy to do the British Empire bit, if saomeone tells me what I need to do, how many teams I need to find etc

Will base it on this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_British_Empire

So, if someone tells me how many teams I can do for the largest remaining league, and what information is required, then I will do it..

Best is to just start taking countries and sorting them by reputation any number from about 100 up to 643 can be done the larger the number obviously the larger the league I use ;)

Des are you going to do austria hungary as i will be happy to do it

EDIT after doing a bit of reashearch It would screw up checkoslovakia if you do austria hungary.

There a 11 north korean teams in the database so there arent enough teams to make a north korea league.

Yeah I realised that afterwards that some of Yugoslavia was part of it.

As for North Korea thats a bit disappointing.

Best is to just start taking countries and sorting them by reputation any number from about 100 up to 643 can be done the larger the number obviously the larger the league I use

Will start tonight / tommorrow...

What country is the league with 643 clubs? (so that I can look at how the divisions split...)

I would take France for the French Empire and Portugal for the Portuguese Emire then :D

Then you can just replace some of the Portuguese/French sides with empire sides.

Just have to think of a big league for the Spanish Empire... Maybe Brazil if they had 27 colonies. Then each colonie can have its own championship running.

As for the islands league, it will be difficult as there are not many teams, but I will look further into it.

2 possibilities 2 add more work possiblities ( dont wanna add too much or you guys will never get this finished ) what about a british/channel islands league , isle of man , jersey , isle of wight , guernsey , could maybe even include gibralter to bump the numbers up if needed as theres still a british island but not a fifa team . other possibility was a central america or carribean league , plenty of countries there to find clubs

Well another update from my end...Game is now on holiday with Basque, East & West Germany and seems to be running fine...

I will not be changing the nationalities of players til after I have all the leagues running will just make it easier really. As for the names of the leagues that will be the last thing, I will also try to remember to change the names of all the awards, the nations of the cities for each nation and ummm, actually maybe that is everything :)

Haha ok the USSR is huge...I am currently in the process of moving 900 odd USSR Teams into Spain, and the task is mammoth, so far I have moved the top 122 into the playable divisions, now starting to fill the 360 team 3rd Division...And then there is the regional leagues after that...

So halfway through that third division...181 teams into 9 groups. Groups 10-18 to go (I believe it is 180 more clubs)

Group 9 is bizarre in having 21 teams haha. At this level there appears to be a good mix of teams from all the USSR nations, seen as for my Challenge these will be the teams promoted this is very good in my opinion. Basically after holidaying for a year there is a random selection of 500 odd teams that could be playable. The original 122 + 361 or so teams that could gain promotion, though top of the feeder leagues i 2500rep and bottom is 500, so it is most likely the higher rep teams will be coming up.

Good news LLR!

I will be doing some Portuguese, Spanish and French Empire ones tonight. Just have to find a big league for the Spanish Empire as it will include quite a lot of teams from South America. Do you know whatan avilable big league is? I am thinking maybe move Spain to Portugal and then Portugal to a smaller nation as it only includes sides from a few nations (Portugal, Brazil, Macau, East Timor, Angola, Guinea-Bissau, Sao Tome & Principe and Mozambique).

And magyar, those are nice suggestions, but there are no clubs in British Isles, I already checked, the Isle of Man, Jersey, Gibraltar and the Isle f Wight and nothing :(

Also, Carribean countries will all fall under the Empire leagues, but if most people wish to see this separately we could do it.

Great work LLR, this is a great idea.

Going back to the suggestion of Greenland, I did a bit of research into football there to make a database for FM08. I can't remember how many teams I found, and some of the teams were literally just names, but I could try and dig it out if you want :)

None in the editor, I think there's only 1 or 2 places in as well. I've looked on the Greenland FA, Wikipedia, some other sites, and compiled a list of all of them. Some may not exist anymore, but I think I even managed to get some competition history!

Yeah the creating teams just adds too much work to the huge task I already have :)

But right now I am going to bed in Frustration at the USSR League, So I moved 900 odd clubs across, but I have an error stopping the League showing up, this generally means that more than one club has the same last League position set, so going through all 900 I have found 4 double-ups so far fixed them, but still not coming up. So when I wake 2moro I will spend a couple of hours trying to find it before I go out.

Wish me luck guys, cause it is the little errors like this one that get annoying haha.

Archived