The Old World Database - Discussion Thread

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not Currently with the Cities set-up still in their original countries, Foreigner rules apply to players not of the same nationality as the club or the League. So for example currently the USSR League allows players from the country the team originated from and from Spain. Eventually I am going to move all the players to USSR Nationality and all the Cities over as well.

So no it should not effect the game :) As it currently is the Basque League i have run for 30 Seasons on Holiday, the others for about 10 seasons with no issues. As for Foreign rules, in the Basque league this affected about 12 players across the entire league system. And they all left the clubs within 2-3 years :)

I just realised that Yugoslavia is taking the Italian League because of the number of clubs it has. But I spose I could move it to Scotland, though there is still no promotion there, is there another league that is reasonably large that has plenty of space and at least 3 tiers?

Sorry but if no one can come up with one it will take Preference in Italy over the British Empire League haha.

I just realised that Yugoslavia is taking the Italian League because of the number of clubs it has. But I spose I could move it to Scotland, though there is still no promotion there, is there another league that is reasonably large that has plenty of space and at least 3 tiers?.

Indonesia has 3 tiers. 18 teams in the top league, then 2 groups of 15, then 4 of 10. With 8 teams relegated each year from the bottom division. Not sure how many teams would be needed in non-league.

You can use any of the Scandinavian Leagues as well. Denmark, Norway and Sweden. I was going to take Sweden fo the Spanish Empire, but if you prefer Yugoslavia then you can have it!

I was also thinking that we do not have anything with Italy and it occured t me that there is a big North-South divide/rivalry, we could maybe split both and make them separate leagues?

Oh yeah, and I kinda gave up looking into the islands league, don't know why, but the idea jst didn't inspire me. Have been doing the Empires instead if you don't mind LLR, have already got quite a few teams forthem, the Spanish Empire looks like ti would be a very strong league with top teams from Argentina, Mexico and Spain (obviously wihout Basque and Catalan teams).

Yeah I love the Empires idea, the only problem we are seeming to have across the board is that any league I have not created will be unplayable as The mix of clubs and everything else is going to be a bit of a mess, but yes I love the empire divide. As for Italy I say split it if someone wants to research them into North and South then they can fill the Ukraine & Russian Leagues I would think.

I will put Yugoslavia into one of the Scandinavian Leagues, put Spanish Empire into one of the others and then the British Empire can go into Italy.

Butwith so many leagues create, I don't think it really matters. We have included pretty much every major league in South America and Europe, so I tink it should be alright. If no one resarches Italy, I can do it, but it I will finish the empire ones first. Are you going to need any help with anything other than research?

Oh yeah, I still have the Lapland League :), it will be in the sam file as the Empire ones, will just send it all in one to you, easier that way and it looks like you have enogh to do for then next few days :D

Butwith so many leagues create, I don't think it really matters. We have included pretty much every major league in South America and Europe, so I tink it should be alright. If no one resarches Italy, I can do it, but it I will finish the empire ones first. Are you going to need any help with anything other than research?

Oh yeah, I still have the Lapland League :), it will be in the sam file as the Empire ones, will just send it all in one to you, easier that way and it looks like you have enogh to do for then next few days :D

Well right now I am just changing the leagues over. And its kinda ahrd to each do bits of the editing...I am cool with doing the editing I just need to get the leagues set-up and then its into the biog moves

Haven't done any today - was busy and am kind of addicted to my Chicago / Norway game so no more tonight..

Will get it finished this weekend.. 643 teams is quite a lot

corinthiano - do you want a list of nations I have used as many of these islands have been in more than one empire?

Haven't done any today - was busy and am kind of addicted to my Chicago / Norway game so no more tonight..

Will get it finished this weekend.. 643 teams is quite a lot

corinthiano - do you want a list of nations I have used as many of these islands have been in more than one empire?

Definately, it would avoid any potential confusion :thup:

OK then...

USA

Canada

Belize

Bahamas

Barbados

Jamaica

Antigua & Barbuda

Dominica

St Kitts

Grenada

St Vincent and the Grenadines

St Lucia

Sudan

Lesotho

Botswana

Kenya

Somalia

Ghana

Nigeria

Egyot

Gambia

Zambia

Malawi

Sierra Leone

South Africa

Namibia

Zimbabwe

Swaziland

Tanzania

Uganda

Maldives

Mauritius

Seychelles

Bahrain

Iraq

Kuwait

Oman

Palestine

Qatar

UAE

Bhutan

India

Pakistan

Bangladesh

Myanmar

Sri Lanka

Nepal

Australia

New Zealand

Brunei

Samoa

Phillipines

Solomon Islands

Ireland

I have been a busy bee!!!

I haven't used any of those uff, only one argument though :D

I would say Dominica should be in the Spanish Empire as their culture has influenced the country more, after all, they do speak Spanish there :)

But if you have already included some teams in the your league and they are quite up then don't worry, if I think about it, none of the Dominica sides would even get close to getting in the Spanish Empire league... I am already down to teams with a rep of 1900 nd none have shown up, whilst there are already 550 odd teams that fit the Spanish Empire criteria!

Haha good to see some team work here.

I have a BBQ this afternoon, so i will not be working on this, but I have set-up a holiday game and it will be running the whole time i am gone testing the 5 leagues I currently have running. :) Hopefully it brings the results I want with some new teams coming up and older teams going down etc :)

Okay it is better I post my list as well then, so that if I have missed anything you can let me know :)

Portugal:

Angola
Brazil
East Timor
Guinea-Bissau
Macau
Mozambique
Sao Tome & Principe

France:

Algeria
Anguilla
Benin
Burkina Faso
Cameroon
Canada (French part)
Central African Republic
Chad
Comoros
Congo
Djibouti
DR Congo
French Guiana
Gabon
Guadeloupe
Guinea
Haiti
Ivory Coast
Madagascar
Mali
Martinique
Montserrat
Morocco
Niger
Reunion
Rwanda
Senegal
St Pierre & Michelon
Togo
Tunisia

Spain:

Argentina
Bolivia
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
El Salvador
Equatorial Guinea
Guatemala
Honduras
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Puerto Rico
Uruguay
Venezuela

Meaning I got the Dominican Republic confused with Dominica, oops.

Thanks a bunch, it just makes it easier in general. :) So the 5 Leagues I have set-up appear to be running fine 7 months in now and counting. Looks like those ones are fine, next up Yugoslavia and the 8th version of my Database.

Also 1500th post for me on this account (For some reason my old account never came across to the new boards. 526 on that one :p)

What is after Yugoslavia? I have already finished Sapma (Lapland, but Sapmi peple get offended by that name!) and will have the Empires ready tonight or tomorrow tonight.

Well I also have lists already for Catalon, Vietnam (A little short, but possible), UK still to do. And then I gues its Sapmi, and Empires. Basic aim is that I will release this database February 1st and make possible updates to it following that. So the 1st full version will be released on that date with the current leagues that I have and all their players in the correct nations. The rest of the players & Cities for nations that I have not used will be moved to Non-Fifa members so that when I need them I know where they are :)

You guys have certainly been doing a stack of work! Well done! Great to see the UUSR running mate, you've certainly got a huge commitment to this. KUTGW

*Unfortunetly I'm unable to help with the Yugoslavian League mate, As my Excel won't work. As for Kurdistan, I don't mind going through the editor and bringing up a list of Irani teams like I did with the USSR for you mate. That's only if cimbom89 hasn't already done it yet.

If you want some ideas for national teams, I refer you to the NF-Board. Look it up on Wikipedia. They also have a list on competely non-FIFA and non-NF-Board nations too, like Cornwall, Basque County, Tobago, Western Isles (aka Outer Hebrides), isle of Man and IOW, Kosvo, Madeira etc.

You guys have certainly been doing a stack of work! Well done! Great to see the UUSR running mate, you've certainly got a huge commitment to this. KUTGW

*Unfortunetly I'm unable to help with the Yugoslavian League mate, As my Excel won't work. As for Kurdistan, I don't mind going through the editor and bringing up a list of Irani teams like I did with the USSR for you mate. That's only if cimbom89 hasn't already done it yet.

That would be great if you can :) As for Yugoslavia, I think I am about 100 clubs short of filling a league, and I would prefer to have the little clubs as also from Yugoslavia as well otherwise it kinda makes problems later on if some big club gets promoted who is really from another nation.

Am done for today, too tired and going to bed.

How many teams do you need in each of the empires league btw? I have roughly 600 for the Spanish, 400 for the French and 300 for the Portuguese so far.

I think 600 for each would be good. The French league can fit 512, the Portuguese 600+ and as for any other free league for Spain I think most of the Scandanavian leagues hold 400 or so :p

If you want some ideas for national teams, I refer you to the NF-Board. Look it up on Wikipedia. They also have a list on competely non-FIFA and non-NF-Board nations too, like Cornwall, Basque County, Tobago, Western Isles (aka Outer Hebrides), isle of Man and IOW, Kosvo, Madeira etc.

I have this page the lnk is Non-FIFA football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think we should put the Spanish Empire in the Portuguese League then, as it is going to take a while before I get 600+ for the Portuguese Empire,I already have 725 for the Spanish, exactly 512 for the French, and 355 for the Portuguese.

Some of the nations I have listed woul not have any sides if I went by reputation. Should I dig out lets say 5 for each nation at least and they can linger in the lower leagues?

Also, what rep down do you need Yugoslavian team? Could do it tonight (GMT) as I am pretty much finished with the empires.

I think we should put the Spanish Empire in the Portuguese League then, as it is going to take a while before I get 600+ for the Portuguese Empire,I already have 725 for the Spanish, exactly 512 for the French, and 355 for the Portuguese.

Some of the nations I have listed woul not have any sides if I went by reputation. Should I dig out lets say 5 for each nation at least and they can linger in the lower leagues?

Also, what rep down do you need Yugoslavian team? Could do it tonight (GMT) as I am pretty much finished with the empires.

Right well I just woke up and had a look at the Yugoslav list I have and it seems to be only the top league of each...last team for Bosnia is Sloga (D) 2900, Croatia it is Karlovac 3750, Macedonia it is Ohrid 2004 2250, Montenegro is Crvena Stijena 2150, Serbia has Mladost 3850, Slovenia has Sentjur 1750. So I think I only have the teams from the top division of each, so basically if you could find some more that would be great :)

And yes I would be for taking a few clubs from every nation to just throw them into the lower leagues :) Maybe one level below playable, or even in the lowest playable one.

are you still doing the catalan league

wow that USSR league looks great

Yes the Catalan League will b done, its just a matter of when now.

And thanks the USSR League has been the most work so far, especially when the damn thing didn't work :p

Archived