What the hell is up with this new patch?

thanks for sharing this info :thup: really useful.

another thing i noticed is ball bouncing off players even more than before - i meen team mates hitting each other.

I gather you haven't been watching Man City's defence lately. Unfortunately for them, they can't blame ME for their goof ups IRL. :)

On more serious note , biggest problem i have seen with 9.2 is low MC ratings. They will be rated low no matter how they play.Next one would be set piece and long shots got really nerfed big time.

@ The Smudge :

You had 4 shots on target and 2 goals scored.That is still 50% of scoring. Game is not perfect or great but it is way better then anything form last year's 8.0.2. It is way harder to score then in 9.1, but it's not impossible.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 9.2 patch is OK for me. I've only had the keeper unable to clear once( Was in the 92nd minute for their equalizer) and i have only had one own goal from unoposed situations. One thing i have noticed is that i cannot score in penalty shoot outs. My first 5 players have double figured penalty rating and they still miss. This has happened three times.

FM09 is the most bugged game I have ever played in my 20 years of gaming and I won't be giving them any more of my money.

To all at SI..... forget about FM10 and just make a game that WORKS! The ME is awful (keepers standing still with ball and being robbed, defenders scoring own goals when under no pressure, wing backs putting ball out for corner when not under pressure etc etc etc), you need a degree to decipher the tactics to get one that works, the strikers couldn't score if I offered them a night with Kelly Brook, and the ME is awful (might have already said that, but needed saying again).

For the love of God will you please just make the game logical. I am a driving instructor so you can imagine how patient I am, but this game is driving me to violence. I should NOT be dominating a game with 70% possession and 15 shots on target only to lose 1-nil because my keeper can't punt the ball downfield when a striker is bearing down on him. Utterly stupid. And yes, I have the 9.2 patch.

Please fix this game and forget about FM10.

ive never known a game so buggy either. i could play 3d perfect in 9.1 but i cant play it at all without the gmae crashing in 9.2 WTF is going on here. The match engine i wasnt a fan of in 9.1 and expected a complete overhaul for 9.2 (it was that bad) but no, instead minor tweaks have been done but the ME is still below the satndard i expect. Also injuries were reported by NUMEROUS people and for 9.2 nothing has been changed i mean jeez do they listen, obviously not. SI really need to pull there fingers out IMO.

Reading the 9.2 first impressions thread 1000 post 90% of which are groans that must tell them something eh?

i started a new game to test if ME behaves differently and from what i could see there doesn't seem to be any difference between continued and new game's ME. at least i didn't notice any.

imo both patches have thier good and bad features. 920 seems to be harder, i was overachieving with spurs pre 920 and now it seems i can't buy a win. scoring seems to be the problem. also so far i'm yet to see there are too many goals scored, it's quite the opposite. my biggest issue with 910 was wingers being too effective and too many long shots attempted but as it seems to be fixed in 920 and becouse it's harder and player ability even more obvious, i'll stick with my 920 continued save.

Out of 22 shots 7 were on target, non were scored and i had 59% possession against Everton as Man U, they didnt even have a shot, THATS NOT EVEN LEGAL!!!!

I've no idea why you've quoted the word legal

Where are you shooting from, the halfway line?

Out of 22 shots 7 were on target, non were scored and i had 59% possession against Everton as Man U, they didnt even have a shot, THATS NOT EVEN LEGAL!!!!

Obviously you did not see the game where liverpool had 21 shots on sunderland and did 0-0 (2003-4?), It happens irl too so get a hold of yourself

i really don't know what to think about 920 anymore. players not listening to instructions, in 910 i could see a difference between width 12 and 15 now it seems all the same. i ask my player to TTB often, he's not doing it. i want them to play direct, all my players're doing are passing short, i want them to press, they back off, i want them to back off, they press, speed seems irelevant - players stoping not even trying to chase ball. it really feels like playing totally different game.

some schoking defensive mistakes after the patch, one just happened right now, 2 defenders running after the attacker, goalkeeper runs into them, shots to ball to one of my defenders and after all falls to opposition striker who scores. players looking like idiots time to time, just dont know what happened

FM09 is the most bugged game I have ever played in my 20 years of gaming and I won't be giving them any more of my money.

To all at SI..... forget about FM10 and just make a game that WORKS! The ME is awful (keepers standing still with ball and being robbed, defenders scoring own goals when under no pressure, wing backs putting ball out for corner when not under pressure etc etc etc), you need a degree to decipher the tactics to get one that works, the strikers couldn't score if I offered them a night with Kelly Brook, and the ME is awful (might have already said that, but needed saying again).

For the love of God will you please just make the game logical. I am a driving instructor so you can imagine how patient I am, but this game is driving me to violence. I should NOT be dominating a game with 70% possession and 15 shots on target only to lose 1-nil because my keeper can't punt the ball downfield when a striker is bearing down on him. Utterly stupid. And yes, I have the 9.2 patch.

I sometimes wonder if I'm playing the same game, it is easily the best FM ever, the ME is excellent now, never had an issue with anything.

The lachies at BGS and Eidos will be reading this and loving it giving the fct they are giving themselves a FIVE MONTH headstart!

Creaming their drawers they will be.

Absolutely murder SI.

We are keeping the faith, please bloody repay it.

I'm still boycotting tomb raider for this reason.

"Say no to Eidos."

Make it worth my while SI, you have the know how.

But these forums and complaints are making "us" look bad ;)

I wouldn't touch their product for love nor money, dirty,dirty.

But there are too many complaints with patches and they are getting released ten to the dozen(fast for non English speakers) and they can't be 100%

I am a CM man forever, but only SI versions!!!;)

I don't do E*d*s or Blasphemous Git Studios

Totally agree, man!

Loved 9.1.0 then installed 9.2.0 and pretty much same as the guy has posted. I changed my tactics alot though and I seemed to be having some success though scoring is still not so good imo.

In the game below i ripped st mirren apart but can barely get a shot on target from great positions. 1 of goals was an own goal and the other a screamer. With that sort of domination on 9.1.0 would have probably won 4-5 nil which with the chances there was would have been realistic.

In reality, a goal is scored once every ten shots, and one of every four on target. From 17 shots on goal and four on target, you have done slightly better than you should have done. 1-0 or 2-0 would be the most realistic results from the match stats you gave.

Unless SI goes back to 07 ME and tweaks from there i guess 07 is my career game until i find a game that compares.

I received my 07 edition by way of amazon today and really enjoy the somewhat more challenging version compared to 08.

I have always supported SI and will continue to do so. I do think they had a solid game in 07 and shoulda taken steps in improving on it instead of strides.

I have a stock market buy/sell program i have tweaked for about 6 years now. At one time i could pradtically predict when a stock would peak/bottom and what day of the week it would happen. i got ambitous and kept tweaking until what i originally had was wiped into never find again land. This isn't the case with SI. I think they could bring back the 07 me (even without the arrows) and improve from that point. I guess there were probably issues the 07/08 me wasn't compatible with 3D. Whatever the case i can't speak for anyone else but for me i will now be very cautious in pressing the purchase tab.

EA is out of the question. i hate the way they try and corner every sports market and when they do they put out crap. (espn put out a very solid 2005 nfl game then ea purchases an exclusive nfl licensing agreement that kills all other nfl game developers).

to be honest i could see them in years to come creep up on fm with their fifa manager. they have the money/marketing to really challenge SI. Thats why i think it's so important to get back to what SI has been so good at in the past. Making a solid game and improving on it the next year. no need for huge eye candy upgrades. if 3D is a goal then make it a 3 year plan or at least a manageable plan. this stuffing loads of new features that don't work is really getting tiresome. so much so for me that i have resorted in going back 2 versions in order to get a decent (realistic) game.

This isn't so much a moan post for me instead a "save SI" post.

Unless SI goes back to 07 ME and tweaks from there i guess 07 is my career game until i find a game that compares.

I received my 07 edition by way of amazon today and really enjoy the somewhat more challenging version compared to 08.

I have always supported SI and will continue to do so. I do think they had a solid game in 07 and shoulda taken steps in improving on it instead of strides.

I have a stock market buy/sell program i have tweaked for about 6 years now. At one time i could pradtically predict when a stock would peak/bottom and what day of the week it would happen. i got ambitous and kept tweaking until what i originally had was wiped into never find again land. This isn't the case with SI. I think they could bring back the 07 me (even without the arrows) and improve from that point. I guess there were probably issues the 07/08 me wasn't compatible with 3D. Whatever the case i can't speak for anyone else but for me i will now be very cautious in pressing the purchase tab.

EA is out of the question. i hate the way they try and corner every sports market and when they do they put out crap. (espn put out a very solid 2005 nfl game then ea purchases an exclusive nfl licensing agreement that kills all other nfl game developers).

to be honest i could see them in years to come creep up on fm with their fifa manager. they have the money/marketing to really challenge SI. Thats why i think it's so important to get back to what SI has been so good at in the past. Making a solid game and improving on it the next year. no need for huge eye candy upgrades. if 3D is a goal then make it a 3 year plan or at least a manageable plan. this stuffing loads of new features that don't work is really getting tiresome. so much so for me that i have resorted in going back 2 versions in order to get a decent (realistic) game.

This isn't so much a moan post for me instead a "save SI" post.

i very much agree

i just played 2 more matches on new save and it looks like patch finally kicked in - screan started to blinker and motivation screan doesn't show up. that's something i noticed first time and it's not hard to notice. also the play is much faster, player movement and ball physics as well, defence's better and players in general seem more inteligent... finally it looks like things are tactically under my control again.

it's defenetly different ME than in my continued game. i'm almost 100% sure it will solve your problems with 902. first impression is very promising.

• SI Staff

I am quite mystified by some of the feedback from 9.2. It *is* as if there are 2 versions out there, because of the polarization of opinions in these forums. To be honest we tested the 9.2 match engine using people from these forums and the consensus was we made a fair bit of progress - which isn't reflected by some of the recent posts.

All a bit depressing tbh. Perhaps some of those who are seeing flaws but are able to be constructive can join us beta testing 9.3?

PaulC, any info on why the Spanish league is so mess up? After I installed the 9.2 update I can´t move my players to the B squat because they are not allowed or the team needs more under 23 players. How can I put more under 23 players if I can´t move them there!?!?!?! PLEASE if anyone has an answer on this let me know, I am desperate!

I am quite mystified by some of the feedback from 9.2. It *is* as if there are 2 versions out there, because of the polarization of opinions in these forums. To be honest we tested the 9.2 match engine using people from these forums and the consensus was we made a fair bit of progress - which isn't reflected by some of the recent posts.

All a bit depressing tbh. Perhaps some of those who are seeing flaws but are able to be constructive can join us beta testing 9.3?

could be the problem with contionued games? maybe that are '2 versions'... the first thing i noticed with new game was blinkering issue but only in full screan mode as well as motivation screan disapeared. and that wasn't happening in continued game after patching that's why i'm quite sure something was going wrong with my continued game.

B Teams had some major changes this year and they haven't worked out perfectly. Could you post about it in the Bugs forum, giving as much detail as you can?

Not trying to criticize you guys, but according to some posts by Paul C, 09 was tested primarily on English leagues. Maybe for next testings you should little bit disperse testers to different countries? I did beta testing in the past, and generally you don't concentrate all the testing in one place.

I did suggest that last year, for same league (Spanish leagues registrations), and if someone did that, you would have noticed this issue pre-release :)

Not trying to criticize you guys, but according to some posts by Paul C, 09 was tested primarily on English leagues. Maybe for next testings you should little bit disperse testers to different countries? I did beta testing in the past, and generally you don't concentrate all the testing in one place.

I did suggest that last year, for same league (Spanish leagues registrations), and if someone did that, you would have noticed this issue pre-release :)

I'd say that we all have our opinions on the testing processes and the one thing that I believe everyone will agree on is that they're not perfect. All of these issues offer lessons, in my opinion.

mpl071 - thats a good point! and that´s why I think that SI has a personal problem (because it HAS TO BE PERSONAL) with the Spanish League. Last year, now this year... always issues that make the game on the spanish league unplayable!

My B team Manager sings players and they are assigned better contracts that my first team players??? and worse I can´t move them to the B team because the game WILL NOT ALLOW ME.

Please, some help... I volunteer for a 9.3.4.5.6.7.8 update as long as we work on getting it right on ALL THE LEAGUES and not only the british.

to cheer you up a little, i think you did a great job with closing down. how players sprints towards opponents, it's almost perfect. you can feel the pressure, clsoing down has never been so effective and realistic.

would be interested to test 903 maybe. probably.

I'd say that we all have our opinions on the testing processes and the one thing that I believe everyone will agree on is that they're not perfect. All of these issues offer lessons, in my opinion.

I do agree with that,as you said nothing is perfect.

However i really don't see why someone wouldn't test something that was changed in such a big manner like B teams were this year. Whole logic of testing would point to that direction.I do believe that it's nothing personal though, since some other leagues suffered in the past (Turkish , French to name a few)

Again , it's just merely a suggestion , not criticizing or anything else.I like FM 09 , but i also generally play other leagues the British ones, and it makes me sad when i can't play my favorite leagues in realistic manner.

Other then that , job with FM 09 was great, specially when you compare it with last years version :)

I think it's perfectly valid for you to criticise a part of the game that isn't working properly. Obviously you feel strongly about this particular problem so hopefully you may get picked out to take a look at it for the future :)

I wouldn't mind helping , as much personal life would allow me to and up to my capabilities.

cheers.

This is exactly why i have & will continue to support you guys. everyones goal should be to put a jingle in the pockets of those that contribute so much to SI but at the same time give a justified reason for doing so. My Grade for SI's support is through the roof and it certainly can't go un-noticed by the rest of the community.

With that said all the testers in the world can't help when the foundation of a flawed match engine may be the main culprit. My experience with 09 is that it no longer has a smooth flow. There are many that come on here just frustrated and they don't really know why. they say "the fun factor is gone" and they resort to claiming what countless other posters complain about. well there has to be something that is taking the fun out of it and the comments for the most part on these boards currently are not as favorable as years past.

Also when you have a consumer weather he pays $5 or $90 he/she has the right to post their complaints on a board for the discussion of this game. Constructive would be the suggested path but who can blame those that save for this game all year long (yep not everyone is swimming in $$) then are totally dissatisfied upon release.

I don't believe it would be too hard to actually have a SI/SEGA sponsored poll as to what the community really wants. I noticed release day there were in the neighborhood of 8000+ members logged in. Would that not be the perfect time to ask what's on their minds.

I'm all for the success of the fm series more so than any other game i play (not many btw). I think it's time to take a serious look into what you have out here right now. Look through the countless posts and begin doing something. If it means eating some humble pie and taking a step back then so be it.

Signed: a dissapointed but optomistic SI fan

I believe that every rewrite of the ME works in two ways. It will continue to reward the tactics which mirror the conceptualisation of it mechanics, but punish those that were exploiting unforeseen loopholes. Thus, for every ME change, a certain group will like it while others will say it has destroyed their tactics.

However, if we have a repeat of the 8.0.1-8.0.2 issue, then people will need to start a new game. Too early to tell yet.

I believe that every rewrite of the ME works in two ways. It will continue to reward the tactics which mirror the conceptualisation of it mechanics, but punish those that were exploiting unforeseen loopholes.

I can't wholeheartly agree with this. Tactics are a very important part of football but to what extent? When you have man utd against a n/s squad they should just by talent alone eat their lunch. and in most circumstances they do. but tactics seem to override the mega talent difference. is this how it would be in real life? i doubt it.

in 08 i used no loopholes. i used a the standard 4-4-2 template and went in and adjusted each players role that the default template allowed. if my player was in the dc position i clicked the dc tab in player instructions. for the most part this should be logical for a talent heavy team to succeed. reguardless what the situation. if the ai goes 4-2-4 they should be getting burnt slap up in the midfield...but they don't and thats where part of the problem is currently.

Archived