The Joys of Versatility - From the Deserts of Djibouti to the International Stage

I guess I'm being played mostly at right back at club level though?

I'm not sure since everybody is currently in an unavailable league. Once the teams are promoted I should be able to see that info and will post screenshots at the end of each season so that everybody can see where they played.

Also, I played a couple more games last night and will try to get updates posted for those games shortly. I just got up and need to take care of a couple things before getting stuck into the game again though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure since everybody is currently in an unavailable league. Once the teams are promoted I should be able to see that info and will post screenshots at the end of each season so that everybody can see where they played.

Also, I played a couple more games last night and will try to get updates posted for those games shortly. I just got up and need to take care of a couple things before getting stuck into the game again though.

Can you not check the positions screen? I know on FM08 when you checked that it came up down the bottom with something like

DC - 3 games

DR - 18 games

DM - 1 game

and broke down the appearances for you. Not sure if it would do it in an unplayable league though tbf.

Can you not check the positions screen? I know on FM08 when you checked that it came up down the bottom with something like

DC - 3 games

DR - 18 games

DM - 1 game

and broke down the appearances for you. Not sure if it would do it in an unplayable league though tbf.

that is the problem

End of Season Player Updates

Cambridge City

Richard Scrotington

Damballah

Marky Mark

Jack Browne

Max Power

James Salter

Jenkins Gunnhead

Sercan Cali

Lawrence Lazewski

Birdy da Costa

Oxford City

Casii Uga Uga

Jonathan

Tyler Burrows

Brucie Bonus

Kalifa Quansah

Scott Tysoe

dafuge

Ihsaan Ahmed

Mathias

Robert Blowcrapup

James Hulme

The next couple of international games will be posted later today. I'm just getting ready to head out for a little while, but should be able to complete the rest of 2009's fixtures today.

6 goals, 11 assists in 34 games for Cali. A general raise in technical attributes but a decrease of 1 again in pace and acceleration. Hope they won't fall further down. The players are shaping up in general. That's a good sign for the national sides fortune ;)

Match 5 - June 6th, 2009

Comoros vs Djibouti - Friendly - Club Instructions

Lineups

Birdy da Costa had our first chance of the game, forcing a save after some good interplay down the right side between Ihsaan Ahmed and Robert Blowcrapup. Comoros gifted us the opening goal with a misplaced backpass to the keeper, but full credit should go to Jonathan for the great pass to Ahmed that put the defender under pressure in the first place.

To start the second half, Damballah and Brucie Bonus were brought on for Scott Tysoe and Kalifa Quansah, who had each been booked in the first half, while James Salter was brought on for dafuge, who had been limited to only 45 minutes by his manager. Damballah almost added to the lead near the hour mark, but was thwarted by a great save. We finally broke through again a few minutes later, after Ihsaan Ahmed made a great run before finding Birdy da Costa with a low cross to the near post. James Salter made it 3 with a tidy finish after a great through ball from Damballah, and he nearly doubled his tally from a freekick. James Hulme found himself on the end of a good team move, but he was unable to find the target.

Post Match Analysis

Overview/Match Stats

Player Ratings

Match 6 - June 10th, 2009

Lesotho vs Djibouti - Friendly

Lineups

We took advantage of a missed offside call early on, with Mathias getting on the end of a ball from Tyler Burrows before finding James Hulme with a clever chipped cross. We nearly found the net again after James Salter played Sercan Cali through, but the goalkeeper came up with the important stop. Some good patient build up led to the next goal, with Max Power scoring from distance. Some more good build up play led to a great chance for James Hulme, but his effort was saved. He got another chance soon after when he was played in by Mathias before cooly finishing his second of the game.

Mathias and Sercan Cali were both replaced at the start of the half due to manager instructions, with Lawrence Lazewski and Jonathan coming on in their place. Scott Tysoe also replaced James Salter, who had the lowest rating and condition level at the break. I also made a bit of a tactical tweak, setting Birdy da Costa and James Hulme to occasionally swap positions in an effort to open their defence even wider in the second half. The first real chance of the half fell to Birdy da Costa but his cheeky effort didn't quite come off. We earned a penalty with 10 minutes to go when Jonathan was brought down in the area, and there was no hesitation as James Hulme stepped up and confidently completed the first ever Djiboutian hat-trick.

Post Match Analysis

Overview/Match Stats

Player Ratings

Offseason Update

Both teams have achieved promotion, with Cambridge City finding themselves in the Blue Square North while Oxford City will spend the next season in the Blue Square South.

Birdy da Costa became the first player to leave their team, moving to Q.P.R. for £140K on the 7th of July.

Had a great first international game, but didn't seem to play the second (the player ratings screenshot appears not to work).

Still, happy with my first international assist, and seeing my name mentioned in commentary gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :D. Could do with a bit of strength though...

Well, that position is playing really well, I just want to get my starting spot back now.

I will give you a good fight for it!

Amazing performance by Mathias against Lesotho, shame I had to go off after 45 mins. Oxford City obviously see me as a key player if they only want me on for half a game :D

Looking forward to taking the BSN by storm, would like to spend a couple of seaon at Oxford before moving on, but it is likely that bigger clubs will poach the Djiboutian (sp?) players soon.

Match 7 - August 12th, 2009

Djibouti vs Sudan - Friendly

Lineups

We struck early on the counter-attack, with Ihsaan Ahmed putting Birdy da Costa through inside 4 minutes. Ahmed got on the scoresheet himself in the 20th minute after volleying home Robert Blowcrapup's cross. Another cross from Blowcrapup caused more problems 10 minutes later, with one of the defenders putting the ball into his own net.

I made one change at the half, bringing on Sercan Cali for the largely ineffective Scott Tysoe. We finally conceded our first goal of the year early on due to some questionable defending and goalkeeping, ending our run of 4 consecutive clean sheets. We almost pegged them back soon after, but Jonathan's shot from outside the area was tipped over. Sercan Cali had an even better chance from the ensuing corner, but he couldn't keep his shot down.

Post Match Analysis

Overview/Match Stats

Player Ratings

I'll post a couple more games after I get home from work tonight. I'm heading to bed and am waiting on the game to holiday through to the next set of games. I've completed all of the games in 2009 and will be posting those results over the next few days.

Comoros gifted us the opening goal with a misplaced backpass to the keeper, but full credit should go to Jonathan for the great pass to Ahmed that put the defender under pressure in the first place.

Post Match Analysis

Overview/Match Stats

Player Ratings

We earned a penalty with 10 minutes to go when Jonathan was brought down in the area, and there was no hesitation as James Hulme stepped up and confidently completed the first ever Djiboutian hat-trick.

Post Match Analysis

Overview/Match Stats

Player Ratings

2 games in a row Jonathan involved in the matters, can't believe he chopped me on the goal line what a TARD, and a great pass to achieve the assist.

Hey huge apologies that I haven't been around but the guy who controlled my internet went home and turned it off!

Glad this has started though.

No worries, but I will warn you you ahead of time not to be too disappointed when you don't appear in the next few games I have already completed. I will make sure you start the next several games I play to make up for the games you have missed.

I am primarily basing my squad selection on contributions to the thread as well as club form, and while you have the latter under control I hadn't seen you post in ages. Now that I know you will be following this I can give you the starts you deserve.

I'm going to keep a running list of which posters are active and which are not in order to make things easier when knowing who to play and provide updates for. All I ask is that people try to post at least once a week so that I know you are still involved, but I have no problem being lenient with that if you let me know ahead of time that you won't be around.

Putting these updates together takes time and I don't want to waste it on people that aren't bothering to participate. Everybody that has posted in this thread is on the active list already, but if you haven't posted yet and are planning on following this please say so.

Nah, I reckon that's a great idea mate, I know from past-experience, There's nothing more annoying than writing out a massive update and putting hours into it, Only for people to not read it or sometimes not even check the thread for an update. KUTGW Mate

Match 8 - September 5th, 2009

Djibouti vs Congo - Friendly

Injuries

Lawrence Lazewski - out with a thigh strain (2 weeks)

Lineups

James Hulme opened the scoring by capitalizing on a poor pass at the back, but the finish was top class. We came very close to doubling our lead after 20 minutes, but Tyler Burrow's shot went narrowly over after Jonathan picked him out with a great pass. James Hulme doubled his tally at the half hour mark with a powerful finish.

Some great play by Sercan Cali led to a great chance, but Ihsaan Ahmed wasted the opportunity with a weak effort. Scott Tysoe came on for Mathias who had picked up a slight knock in the 67th minute, and he nearly scored within seconds of coming on. It only took 5 minutes for him to eventually find the net, this time from a free kick. He popped up again in stoppage time to double his tally with a well placed header from a dafuge cross.

Post Match Analysis

Overview/Match Stats

Player Ratings

Match 9 - September 9th, 2009

Djibouti vs Zambia - Friendly

Injuries

Lawrence Lazewski - out with a thigh strain (2 weeks)

Lineups

dafuge nearly put us ahead in under 3 minutes, but his shot went inches wide. James Salter had the next chance ten minutes later from a long throw, but his shot was right at the goalkeeper. He got another chance after a well constructed team move minutes later, but once again failed to make the keeper work. We finally broke through at the half hour mark with another good team move, but it was James Hulme on the end of it this time and he made no mistakes in his finish. That goal killed off the rest of the half, with nothing else of note happening.

The second half did not start the way I wanted, with Zambia leveling things less than five minutes after the restart. Things almost got worse less than ten minutes later, but Uga Uga came up with a good save and Damballah did well to clear away the rebound. We finally forced a save from their goalkeeper after Scott Tysoe got through despite the defender's best efforts to tackle him. After making a couple of changes we got another decent chance, but Ihsaan Ahmed's shot was no danger to the goalkeeper. Scott Tysoe's effort from a corner was thwarted by a good reaction save with just over ten minutes to play. We failed to create anything of note after that and thus ends our winning streak.

Post Match Analysis

Overview/Match Stats

Player Ratings

Brilliant! A decent pre-season, a hat-trick v Weston-Super-Mare, another two goals against Congo (including my second direct free-kick) and then captain against Zambia! All going pretty well so far.

Oxford City have made a great start as well, blowupcrap and James Hulme banging them in!

Good to see Cambridge make an unbeaten start to the season, with Marky Mark having a solid season, but no international debut yet?? (true, I haven't posted much, have been traveling and will be again over Christmas, but after that I should be good).

Other than my non-selection in the national side, great work so far Loked!

Good to see Cambridge make an unbeaten start to the season, with Marky Mark having a solid season, but no international debut yet?? (true, I haven't posted much, have been traveling and will be again over Christmas, but after that I should be good).

Other than my non-selection in the national side, great work so far Loked!

As I had mentioned previously, I wasn't playing people who hadn't posted in a while. I will give you a run of starts over the next several games to get you caught up though.

Archived