TacGraber - Steal the AI's tactics - Experiments & Discussion

sparks 199, i nottingham forest and trying your tactic sets, just a quick question do you listen to your assistant manager and employ the oi instructions..cheers

i only use the oi instructions in what i feel will be a tricky game mostly away but by useing them your takeaway your attacking option i feel . so only use in hard games

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you compile a tactic of new home tactic gk and defense, even midfield (although v2 may work better with them linking up more with the midfield) and the v2 strikers?

The new tactics will be totally revamped. As we now have the best managers in the world all sticking to a 4-4-2 flat, I'm sure we'll have a good one at the end

I think in the new set we'll use the striker settings of Juande Ramos. They are the same as the DC's surprisingly, but averaging 7.54 and 7.45.

If we were to use Ramos' striker settings would we not have to use his DC settings so it links up appropiately?

Ok, I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, and not in line with what you guys are trying to achieve.... But couldn´t it be interesting to edit a manager´s stats, give him full scores on everything, and set him in charge of a club that isn´t among the leauge´s top clubs, to see what style of play or use of tactics he would employ?

This is a cool thread.

Personally i think the greatest benefit for all would be how the AI alters its tactics IN GAME.

When the AI goes down a goal specifically, because when it wants to attack it does!! (and not just with the 4-2-4)

Any chance we could find out what it does in certain situations during the game, i.e. raising the D-line, man marking , tight marking, counter etc..

This is a cool thread.

Personally i think the greatest benefit for all would be how the AI alters its tactics IN GAME.

When the AI goes down a goal specifically, because when it wants to attack it does!! (and not just with the 4-2-4)

Any chance we could find out what it does in certain situations during the game, i.e. raising the D-line, man marking , tight marking, counter etc..

Yes, but for tests like that there has to be a new version of TacGraber, as we can't see these things. That's why I wish everyone would make one for 09

Yes, but for tests like that there has to be a new version of TacGraber, as we can't see these things. That's why I wish everyone would make one for 09

the way i find that works well if im in need of a goal i just move the RW&LW to make 4 upfront without changeing any settings so its a 424 im sure that is all the AI does anyway .. its not that smart to make changes to player settings aswell

i downloaded the tactics and i am trying to load them into fm2008 but they will not capture? are they only for 2009?

As the other thread got a bit hazy, please write any further experiments and/or discussions in this thread.

TacGraber is a tool, which read the AI's tactics out of saved pkm files.

Important Links

http://www.mediafire.com/?mwczdd0jnez - Arsené Wenger's Arsenal tactics

http://www.mediafire.com/?dlmdwimnmwy - Download TacGraber

http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t5117.html - Abramovic's findings about AI's tactics

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i4m3o9 - AI Tactic Set Including both home and away tactics from Argentina, Barca, Chelsea, Capello's England, Holland, Italy (away only), Juve (home only), Liverpool, ManU, Portugal (home only), Schalke, Aston Villa. Some are homy or away only, but they often don't differ away or home though.

http://files.filefront.com/Tactic+Set+missing+Top+Tesrar/;12673200;/fileinfo.html - My own tactic set from teams I felt missing. These are FC Sevilla, Inter Milan, Olympique Lyon, AC Milan and Real Madrid.

http://files.filefront.com/Tactic+Set+Top+Teams+v2rar/;12673840;/fileinfo.html - AS Rom, Atletico Madrid, CD Osasuna, Fenerbahce and Villarreal.

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Tactic+Killer+v2tac/;12677534;/fileinfo.html - 442 Diamond with all the best player settings

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Tactic+Killer+Flat+4+2tac/;12682470;/fileinfo.html - 442 Flat using Arsenal's striker settings

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Tactic+Killer+ST+Settatac/;12682662;/fileinfo.html - 442 Flat using Valencia's striker settings (best)

(Btw I already asked in the editors forum, but either do here better. As this TacGraber was originally created for FM06, there are missing some instructions like Def units closing down do differ from the attacking unit, one player always has mentality on 20, assigned free roles, marking system, target man (i have loaded a 06 tactic yesterday and bayern actually had one), offside, counter-attack, hold up ball, cross from and use playmaker. If someone could add this stuff into TacGraber, it would be perfect and we had a 1-1 copy of the AI's tactics.)

Alright, my fingers are burning. I've edited the database via FMRTE so every player in league has a rating of 10 everywhere (in game it shows up as 11 but I don't matter now :D). That will give some more fair and more accurate results.

the way i find that works well if im in need of a goal i just move the RW&LW to make 4 upfront without changeing any settings so its a 424 im sure that is all the AI does anyway .. its not that smart to make changes to player settings aswell

Hi Sparks,

Not true.. the AI makes a lot of different changes other than going to a 4-2-4, Code is right it would really make all the difference if someone could make a program to grab in game AI tactics.

WTF is that... 2 goals conceeded lol...

Can you save and go on testing with these please? We then can compare because you were using an older set there and see how the new did to you?

http://files.filefront.com/AI+Killer+tactics+Home+anyrar/;12686082;/fileinfo.html

These are the Home and the Away version.

tried this tactic in a french cup game vs Lille with my PSG (they have a good team) I was playing at home

i won the game with 1-0 but I've never been so outplayed ever in 09. They had the possesion (65%) and 22/10 (10 on target) shots but only 2 CCC, I had 2/1 shots and I scored on a van der vaart screamer. So i got pretty lucky but I don't mind:D. wont dare to try it again though.

Don't put an extension on the tactic name - it will do that for you. Otherwise I can't think what is wrong?

Thanks for your reply. :)

I'm already not inserting any kind of extension. But the program will still give me those errors.

I'm now thinking that maybe it's something to do with the fact that I'm running XP 64-bit. I will try it later on XP 32-bit and see if it helps.

Can someone please help? I can find a saved match with Tacgraber, save the tactic I want on the Tactics folder and when in the game, I can find it from my Tactics screen but when I click on it to load into my game, it doesn't (The option closes like it does when a tactic loads, but the tactic from TacGraber is nowhere).

Please help, cheers.

Amazing results, dave byrd. You switched the individual instructions of your DM and AM, right? How did this affect the ratings of your AM? I tried to replicate the switching of instructions, and my DM has a good average rating, but my AM does not perform as well as I hoped... Also, do you employ the use of a playmaker, and do you tick "free role" for your AM, or any other of your players?

Cheers, mate :D

Dave - can you tell us more about this tactic?

What formation is it?

What style does it play... where have the ideas been taken from?

Any screenshots would be good.

I currently play a 4-4-2 flat, but it doesn't play very attractive stuff and is inconsistent. Am interested in this idea - it has the potential to develop into something quality... I hope.

Amazing results, dave byrd. You switched the individual instructions of your DM and AM, right? How did this affect the ratings of your AM? I tried to replicate the switching of instructions, and my DM has a good average rating, but my AM does not perform as well as I hoped... Also, do you employ the use of a playmaker, and do you tick "free role" for your AM, or any other of your players?

Cheers, mate :D

Yeah i switched individual instructions of the DM and AM. My DM now has the highest average rating in my team and my AM gets forward and scores goals. No playmaker and no free roles.

I am going to experiment with giving my AM a free role though.

Dave - can you tell us more about this tactic?

What formation is it?

What style does it play... where have the ideas been taken from?

Any screenshots would be good.

I currently play a 4-4-2 flat, but it doesn't play very attractive stuff and is inconsistent. Am interested in this idea - it has the potential to develop into something quality... I hope.

it'a a 4-4-2 daimond and the ideas were taken form this thread! I download the tactic off the first page!

Thanks mate.

Hope you don't mind the questions:

What type of strikers do you play on the left / right?

Do you use opposition instructions?

What training do you use?

If you go into the good team/player forum my saved game can be downloaded from the saved game thread at the top of the page.

So your uploading your entire saved game so other can upload it? Why is this?

Can you give me a quickie answer to the following:

What type of strikers do you play on the left / right? Is there a target an type thats supposed to be either side?

Do you use opposition instructions? I don't normally use them, but I try to get my Ass man to have high tactical knowledge to his feedback can be more accurate - do you follow his advice?

What training do you use? I use DarkStarrs version as its highly recommeneded on here. Was just curious to see what you were doing as it can have an influence on team performances.

Appreciate your time & advice :-)

Archived