TacGraber - Steal the AI's tactics - Experiments & Discussion

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One question though I cannot decide, should I use the settings for the strikers of the team who scores the most and for the midfielders which assist the most or with best rating?

We'll leave it in your capable hands mate. Look forward to v3. With this tactic my strikers actually score goals!!

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Tactic+Killer+Flat+4+2tac/;12682470;/fileinfo.html

This is the flat 4-4-2 tactic using the MC settings of Arsenal, they had the best (Fabregas 7.33, Moutinho 7.30). The striker settings are of valencia who have both best ratings and goals (M. Gomez played 28 scored 21 avr 7.51, Marica pl 15 sc 16 avr 7.86, Villa pl 24 sc 16 7.72). If the striker settings don't work for you use the arsenal settings just copy the mc settings to your strikers (but leaving rwb ttb everything on mixed).

We'll leave it in your capable hands mate. Look forward to v3. With this tactic my strikers actually score goals!!

That's cool and I believe you when I look at the ratings of valencia's strikers, they're just murdering...

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Tactic+Killer+Flat+4+2tac/;12682470;/fileinfo.html

This is the flat 4-4-2 tactic using the MC settings of Arsenal, they had the best (Fabregas 7.33, Moutinho 7.30). The striker settings are of valencia who have both best ratings and goals (M. Gomez played 28 scored 21 avr 7.51, Marica pl 15 sc 16 avr 7.86, Villa pl 24 sc 16 7.72). If the striker settings don't work for you use the arsenal settings just copy the mc settings to your strikers (but leaving rwb ttb everything on mixed).

Not sure if its me but if i import the flat 4-4-2 tactic its just the same as the diamond v2 one..

When i got to import it the tactic is called flat 4-2 but when i got to use it the tac is the same as the v2.

I have not tested these yet, I have developed them yesterday and had no time to play. Currently 17 games played with cologne, sitting 9th, but not with these tactics, will use them from now on and report how they worked.

i've just downloaded the tac grabber but how does it work?

Whilst you are in FM2009 go to a match via the scoreline and save it (via the save logo on the screen). Do this for however many teams tactics you are interested in. Come out of FM2009 and enter Tacgrabber, press run then load and scroll to the match folder and pick a saved match. Then choose to load the home or away tactic, pick a name BUT DO NOT add .tac as it does it automatically, scroll to your tactics folder and save it to the folder. When you are back in FM2009 go to the tactics screen, pick your tactic from the pull down list and then tweak or play.

Please note if you want to grab more than one tactic whilst in Tacgrabber make sure that the previous tactics details are deleted from the name section or you will get error messages and remember don't add .tac - hope this helps!!!

Working now cheers!

I take it with the flat 4-4-2 i dont need to play my defensive mid anymore? Just two attacking central midfielders is it?

I can't say I'm afraid because I haven't tested yet. I'd use natural MC's with a mix of both as the settings are from Arsenal which use Moutinho and Fabregas which are natural MC's. But you can try AMC's also and see how it works

I can't say I'm afraid because I haven't tested yet. I'd use natural MC's with a mix of both as the settings are from Arsenal which use Moutinho and Fabregas which are natural MC's. But you can try AMC's also and see how it works

Cheers for all your help by the way!

I'll stick with ben afra and hamsik then. Benzema has scored 7 in 7 now with your tactics!

I have not tested these yet, I have developed them yesterday and had no time to play. Currently 17 games played with cologne, sitting 9th, but not with these tactics, will use them from now on and report how they worked.

Dont want to rain on anyones parade, but surely mixing and matching tactics will just end in tears? Surely a tactic is for a whole team and therefore using bits and bobs from others will simply end in disjointed play?

IE Valencia DOES have the best striker rating but is this due to the striker settings or because the rest of the team is set up to play to their strengths?? etc etc. Does this make sense?

Dont want to rain on anyones parade, but surely mixing and matching tactics will just end in tears? Surely a tactic is for a whole team and therefore using bits and bobs from others will simply end in disjointed play?

IE Valencia DOES have the best striker rating but is this due to the striker settings or because the rest of the team is set up to play to their strengths?? etc etc. Does this make sense?

Sure that's my fear too. It's only an experiment also.. So we can only see through testing.

It does make sense but i'm scoring for fun with this tactic. I'm Real Madrid so i'm gonna do well but this is my 5th season with them and this tactic is by far the best i've used.

It does make sense but i'm scoring for fun with this tactic. I'm Real Madrid so i'm gonna do well but this is my 5th season with them and this tactic is by far the best i've used.

So the attacking part is good it seems, what are the ratings of your DC's and do you concede many? I'm thinking of changing the CB settings because I don't like how much CF they have.

So the attacking part is good it seems, what are the ratings of your DC's and do you concede many? I'm thinking of changing the CB settings because I don't like how much CF they have.

Let in 2 in the last 5 games. DC's on 7.21 and 7.14. Bear in mind i have the best goalie in the world in casillas.

Well that's okay I think. I play with the settings of AS Roma now which have offside trap ticked, lower DL, higher CD for CB's, lower CF, higher mentality. I will test it now, if it's good, I'll upload that one too. I just don't want to confuse you with so much tactics :D

I've followed all the tips but can't seem to make the program work. It opens the saved game, says that it has detected home and away but, when saving, I always get the "stream read error".

I've already reduced the filenames to the bare minimum, just 1 letter + extension, but still no joy.

Any other idea to make it work?

Well that's okay I think. I play with the settings of AS Roma now which have offside trap ticked, lower DL, higher CD for CB's, lower CF, higher mentality. I will test it now, if it's good, I'll upload that one too. I just don't want to confuse you with so much tactics :D

No keep em coming! Going forward is no issue so if the defence can be nailed then this really will be a killer tactic!

Using the V2 tactic... working well so far, won 9 in a row VERY comfortably. I'm playing with Arsenal and doing well in my 3rd season but always have struggled to score with other tactics.

And now my strikers score a lot, woot!

One thing though, it seems on the v2 tactic the player instructions for the DMC and AMC need to be switched, once I did that it worked even better. Even beat 1860 Munchen with my youth team.

Using the V2 tactic... working well so far, won 9 in a row VERY comfortably. I'm playing with Arsenal and doing well in my 3rd season but always have struggled to score with other tactics.

And now my strikers score a lot, woot!

One thing though, it seems on the v2 tactic the player instructions for the DMC and AMC need to be switched, once I did that it worked even better. Even beat 1860 Munchen with my youth team.

Good spot. THe DMC and AMC were blatantly the wrong way round.

Also finding the v2 scoring many more goals than the flat 4-4-2.

Good spot. THe DMC and AMC were blatantly the wrong way round.

Although the best DM settings were from Leverkusen, the best AM from Milan. But if it works better, do it

I'm working on a Home and Away version atm. Have implemented the DC settings of chelsea, which were even better than Roma's. At home it uses the time-wasting, tempo and width of Barca, away of Arsenal. So far played 2 games, won against Cottbus and draw against Schalke 04, which were clear favourites, we did not even let shot them on the goal one time.

Home:

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Hometac/;12683230;/fileinfo.html

Away:

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Awaytac/;12683232;/fileinfo.html

I found out that as example Scolari uses other settings away from home. So the CB settings as example should differ away from home too, I didn't consider that in these versions. I'm starting from scratch now, running the best 11 leagues from around the world, and at the end apply the best settings from the season to a tactic, HOME and AWAY. I'm extremely excited to see the striker or winger settings in brazil, maybe we can apply some brazilian style into our tactics :)

Home:

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Hometac/;12683230;/fileinfo.html

Away:

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Awaytac/;12683232;/fileinfo.html

I found out that as example Scolari uses other settings away from home. So the CB settings as example should differ away from home too, I didn't consider that in these versions. I'm starting from scratch now, running the best 11 leagues from around the world, and at the end apply the best settings from the season to a tactic, HOME and AWAY. I'm extremely excited to see the striker or winger settings in brazil, maybe we can apply some brazilian style into our tactics :)

Look forward to it. For now i'm gonna use the v2 and will wait to see what you upload when the best 11 leagues from around the world have ended their seasons.

Look forward to it. For now i'm gonna use the v2 and will wait to see what you upload when the best 11 leagues from around the world have ended their seasons.

I just came up with another idea :D

I'll put all the top teams - and managers - into 1 superleague, let them run a season, and from that I'll take them. I think they're more accurate then, because everyone plays against top teams everytime. What do you think of that?

I just came up with another idea :D

I'll put all the top teams - and managers - into 1 superleague, let them run a season, and from that I'll take them. I think they're more accurate then, because everyone plays against top teams everytime. What do you think of that?

can you try 1 season with the top teams & 1 with the lower teams?!?!

Sure mate, but which LL teams do you wish to include?

i don't know.....for example, if you in italy chose MILAN, INTER, JUVE and ROMA like Top teams, you can chose LECCE, BOLOGNA, SIENA like lower teams and put in both (top and lower the same COACH).....with this method we can see the diference in the tactic with different player quality of a Top coach.....

....sorry for my bad english.......

What would be a good idea is to see what every managers tactical settings are and how they interpret these into differnt cultures, and adapt to different opponents.

Example take 6 of the most diverse and sucessful maangers in the world, maybe

Wenger, Scolari, Ancelotti, Capello, Ferguson and Mourinho (by no means complete, just a few off the top of my head)

Have them managing a team in English League one, would be interesting to see how their tactical approach does with a lower league team, or how they adapt to fit.

The test is running now.

I've added 20 teams with the same reputation around the world to the premiere league, swapped with the original teams. 24 teams with the same reputation from around the world to the Championship. Each of the 44 best managers in the game are controlling one team. The preferred formation of every manager is a 4-4-2 Diamond, so every manager will play that formation.

Controlling Managers are:

Abel Braga

Javier Aguirre

Carlo Ancelotti

Rafa Benitez

Miroslav Beranek

Carlos Bilardo

Slaven Bilic

Fabio Capello

Foppe de Haan

Eusebio Di Francesco

Muhsin Ertugral

Alex Ferguson

Americo Gallego

Guus Hiddink

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Gordon Igesund

Jomo Sono

Juande Ramos

Jürgen Klinsmann

Leao

Bernd Schuster

Unai Emery

Roberto Mancini

Marcello Lippi

Frank Rijkaard

Morten Olsen

Oleg Protasev

Luciano Spalletti

Manuel Pellegrini

Arsene Wenger

Ramon Diaz

Felipe Scolari

Wanderley Luxemburgo

Felix Magath

Mircea Lucescu

Louis van Gaal

Victor Fernandez

Jose Antonio Camacho

Mane

Luis Aragones

Jose Mourinho

Pitso Mosimane

Trott Moloto

Agasalim Mirjavadov

:D

That would be useless mate, because the teams they're controlling are like US Avellino, Bragantino, Dukla Banska Bystrica and so on... And you don't know who does control them. At the end of the season I'll report with screenies with the results of the best managers.

Archived