TacGraber - Steal the AI's tactics - Experiments & Discussion

So your uploading your entire saved game so other can upload it? Why is this?

Can you give me a quickie answer to the following:

What type of strikers do you play on the left / right? Is there a target an type thats supposed to be either side?

Do you use opposition instructions? I don't normally use them, but I try to get my Ass man to have high tactical knowledge to his feedback can be more accurate - do you follow his advice?

What training do you use? I use DarkStarrs version as its highly recommeneded on here. Was just curious to see what you were doing as it can have an influence on team performances.

Appreciate your time & advice :-)

I uploaded it in a thread where people upload their games so others can play them. Why is this? I don't know.

Don't know if theres supposed to be a certain type of striker either side. I play Saviet on the left Benzema on the right.

I use OI instructions only at tough away games. These are hard tackling, tight marking and show onto opposite foot (show onto right for left winger and vise versa) on full backs and left and right midfielders and hard tackling and tight marking on central mids and forwards.

I use tugs training.

Oh and i never listen to my ass man. Nothing against him i just never bother.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can someone grab AZs tactics, cant see to get the grabber working.

AZ always run me close in my Ajax game even though my team is far superior!!! they even beat me to the title last season :(

I'd like to second this.

I remember Louis Van Gaal at City in my FM08 (and FM07) game and they always played very well, getting in the CL - even without oil money!

So I put them all together and came to this tactic file:

http://files.filefront.com/AIs+Tactic+Killertac/;12677241;/fileinfo.html

It uses the template from Luis Arragones' Fenerbahce, the GK settings of Arsenal, DC settings from Florenz, Fullback settings of Bayern Munich, DM settings of Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Winger settings from Barca, AMC settings from Milan, ST settings from Valencia.

Use at your own risk! It's not tested yet. Experimental try

GK

----

Mentality: 18

CF: 19

Passing Style: 1

CD: 18

DC

----

Mentality: 7

CF: 20

Passing Style: 3

CD: 11

Fullbacks

----

Mentality: 9

CF: 15

Passing Style: 13

CD: 14

DM:

----

Mentality: 12

CF: 17

Passing Style: 16

Wingers:

----

Mentality: 16

CF: 14

Passing: 10

CD: 16

AMC:

---

Mentality: 8

CF: 9

Passing Style: 5

CD: 16

ST:

----

Mentality: 14

CF: 5

Passing Style: 14

I not sure how much things have moved on since this was posted but the creative freedom seems counter intuitive to me.

GK 19

DC 20

FB 15

DM 17

Wingers 14

AMC 9

ST 5

So your defence has very high creative freedom, midfield medium/high creative freedom and attackers very little creative freedom?

I would imagine most people would have been building tactics the other way round i.e Limited creative freedom for defence and more creative freedom for attacking players????

Play as it is.

McSniff - we didn't create the tactics, we grab them from other human managers and which ever position plays the best, we take that position and put them together to make different tactics. It's an experiment and a discussion I'm sure we are all enjoying, not a 'WIN AS MANY GAMES AS U CAN AND WIN' competition.

Play as it is.

McSniff - we didn't create the tactics, we grab them from other human managers and which ever position plays the best, we take that position and put them together to make different tactics. It's an experiment and a discussion I'm sure we are all enjoying, not a 'WIN AS MANY GAMES AS U CAN AND WIN' competition.

Yup, fully agree with that, but if the most succesfull defence is playing with 19 and 20 creative freedom surely that has implications for those of us designing our own tactics?

i.e why is high creative conducive to a tight defence?

This is from the TTF manual

Creative Freedom Assumptions

Creative freedom, which encourages players to break from the tactical plan and

take risks, is of great importance for an attacking strategy but dangerous for a

defensive one. The more aggressive the strategy, the more players should be

given high creative freedom instructions. Players assigned to Attack roles should

be allowed higher creative freedom, Support roles normal and Defend roles

lower. However, as detailed in the Frameworks section (pages 1213)

assigning levels of Creative Freedom is as much down to manager type as player roles.

This is contrary to the findings here unless these rules do not apply to AI managers/tactics?

That is a guideline, it isn't the inside and outside of football manager. The guideline is for you, not the AI managers anyway.

Bhoy, can you stop answering everyones questions as though you are the oracle of all FM knowledge when there are clearly more intelligent and knowledgeable people contributing to this thread than yourself.

I am answering everyone's questions because I am testing the tactics myself and is there anyone else here at the moment answering? I am not the oracle of FM knowledge, I am struggling at the moment but this is a DISCUSSION and an EXPERIMENT, if you want a tactic to go win all your games look elsewhere for an arguement because you will not get one here. If you have nothing to add to this thread apart from moans and groans, go away.

I am answering everyone's questions because I am testing the tactics myself and is there anyone else here at the moment answering? I am not the oracle of FM knowledge, I am struggling at the moment but this is a DISCUSSION and an EXPERIMENT, if you want a tactic to go win all your games look elsewhere for an arguement because you will not get one here. If you have nothing to add to this thread apart from moans and groans, go away.

So now your in charge of who contributes to the thread aswell?

I havent moaned once.

I havent once indicated that i am after a 'win all games tactic'.

You seem to interpreting any question as a negative one.

That is a reflection on your own mindset.

You seem to interpret that I think I am the oracle of FM knowledge? I am not.

I am not in charge of who contributes to the thread, but you are not and I'm sure 'Code' wouldn't want you in here either if all you were doing was arguing.

You are moaning saying why am I answering questions.

The way you are posting makes it seem like you want an out-of-the-site tactic.

I don't interpret any question as a negative one, I am answering as I would any time of the year etc etc.

So now your in charge of who contributes to the thread aswell?

I havent moaned once.

I havent once indicated that i am after a 'win all games tactic'.

You seem to interpreting any question as a negative one.

That is a reflection on your own mindset.

Shake hands, cup of tea, chill, start again - differently :thup:

Cheers guys,

interesting thread and a nice idea, might have to have a look at this but I think im going to wait until the patch comes out as i believe its not going to be too long, so not much point in me starting now

As far as I am aware creative freedom is a AI team instruction and style. If Arsenal have a good defence the creative freedom will be high, if another manger has a good attack using low creative freedom, then it is posible that mixing the two styles in this way will produce a better tactic.

With FM08 no creative freedom added about 3pts a season to a tactic unless it was a 442 which needed some creative freedom to perform, wheras in FM09 tactics with high creative freedom work well but then there are no positional arrows.

Bhoy

A diamond just loses midfield battle in EPL, so will wait for 442 to test. May look at AS Roma tactic as that so far has been most promising. A 451 tactic could also be useful to look at.

Working on another idea while waiting for patch then will be retesting.

My testing with every player attribute at the same level has resulted the following -

Best Home settings Gianpiero Ventrone (surprisingly, he wasn't even a manager but I found him through Genie Scout, his manager rating was very good)

Best away settings Ottmar Hitzfeld

Best GK Marcelo Bielsa

Best FB Carlo Ancelotti

Best CB Scolari

Best MC Bruce Arena

Best WG Cesare Prandelli (Also not a manager but very good manager stats)

Best ST Ottmar Hitzfeld (let's see how they'll work.. hopefully good)

I'm grabing the tactics of these managers atm and will build the final tactic from there then. There are much new managers now on the top with attributes all at 10.

Best WG Cesare Prandelli (Also not a manager but very good manager stats)

Fiorentina, Code.

I'm grabing the tactics of these managers atm and will build the final tactic from there then. There are much new managers now on the top with attributes all at 10.

Looking forward to the final tactic mate :thup:

EDIT:

will it be a 4-4-2?

I hope so!

just beat Chelsea 4 nil at home and then hammered fulham 5-1 away, every chance just seems to be a very gud one not just a mongified long shot from 45 yards

Which tactic did you use in these games and which team are you controlling?

Don't know I didn't look at this :S only rating and this GK was by far the best one

you'd best check the assists table in the league. Whenever a goalie gets an assist it adds between 0.5 and 0.7 onto his match rating. It can really distort the average rating.

Archived