The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

No he hasn't. It's fairly obvious we suit playing centrally. When you have midfielders the quality of Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini (a few years ago), Rui Costa, Rivaldo and later Kaká - you don't bother playing with wingers.

He was only told to play with two because the one striker system wasn't working. It wasn't great to watch (Berlusconi's main issue), and the results were going downhill the longer it was used. One of the few Silvio outbursts I happened to agree with.

If I'm honest, I reckon that would probably suit Chelsea. Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Joe Cole (he can play in the middle), Ballack, Deco will fit nicely. I assume one or two of those may leave, but they will be replaced if that does happen.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the Milan of 04/05 with a 4-3-1-2 was far better than that of 06/07 in a 4-3-2-1. If he does go with a 4-3-1-2 diamond it may be J.Cole behind Anelka and Drogba unless he buys a load of new players ofc.

urgh, this is actually going to happen isn't it?

a guy who had Kaka, a good Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta and Seedorf in his side, and couldn't even win the league when they were fixing matches.

just cannot fathom this decision at all.

You need to go and read about Calciopoli a bit more.

So sad to see Guus in charge of Chelsea for the last time (for now ;)). Have always been my number 1 replacement for Mourinho.

I really cannot take this Ancelotti talk seriously. Sure, it's probably going to happen, but I'm soooo dissapointed with this decision. Way overrated manager imo. Only upside is he wants to bring in Agüero and Young (if the gossip is true). On the other hand there's been talk of him exchanging Essien for Pirlo and Seedorf. I'm personally going to kick his ass if this happens.

Another downside is that he probably won't be as likely to give Stoch, di Santo etc a fair chance.

Well, who else would everyone like to see as the next manager in charge? Guus staying would of course be number one (not mentioning a return of Mourinho), but really, I can't see anyone else being a possibility?

Well, who else would everyone like to see as the next manager in charge? Guus staying would of course be number one (not mentioning a return of Mourinho), but really, I can't see anyone else being a possibility?

After seeing the effect a club legend has had at Barcelona I think Zola could do a job for us alongside Clarke (maybe Di Matteo if Clarke gets a manager job somewhere) :cool:

Other than that been impressed by Moyes for a couple of seasons now.

Tbf, there aren't a lot of managers I can think of that I'd like to see at the Bridge, but, considering his relationship with Guus, penchant for attacking football which would potentially see more leniancy from Roman hence more stability, and a history of bringing youth through... I'd rather have Rijkaard.

Would be great is Steve Clarke came back in any capacity. And I've been impressed by Moyes too, but maybe not the big name Roman wants.

I'm as annoyed as most of you with Ancelotti, never wanted him to come, but it seems inevitable that he will. So I guess we'll have to see what he does. I think with our squad and recent history logic dictates we play with wingers, especially considering Drogba is so dangerous from crosses (see FA Cup Final). Although he has played with central midfielders mainly he now has quality wingers at his disposal for the first time.

Then again if he comes in and plays a Christmas tree formation or whatever he wants it could prove successful. After all we now all have faith in our squad after what Guus has done. And it is unlikely thatr Ancelotti is going to come in and make too many changes. So long as he keeps the core together and doesn't bring ageing stars in then surely he will prove a success.

On a personal level I believe that this squad can win the league, obviously one or two additions would be helpful. And given that Ancelotti has a full transfer window to work with he can add the few he thinks the team needs. We have the experienced players in Ballack, Drogba, Lampard, Terry, A. Cole and even Sheva if he is coming back. Therefore he doesn't need to bring in any more players approaching 30.

I'm unhappy with the appointment but trying to look at the positives. It would be hard to a bad job with that squad I guess, then again Scolari wasn't great. At least Ancelotti has solid experience at a top club with top players/egos.

Tbf, there aren't a lot of managers I can think of that I'd like to see at the Bridge, but, considering his relationship with Guus, penchant for attacking football which would potentially see more leniancy from Roman hence more stability, and a history of bringing youth through... I'd rather have Rijkaard.

Rijkaard is preferable to Ancelotti in the same way that being repeatedly kicked in the b*ll*cks is preferable to being hit by a train.

Id go for this.

Yeah, I'm quite surprised - and relieved - that his english isn't that bad actually.

Anyway, now that it's official, I guess there's nothing to do but try to have faith in Carlo, but I must admit that i'm a little pessimistic. I think he'll be gone by april next year, but hopefully he proves me wrong :)

Not exactly my number 1 choice but he has been confirmed as our manager. I think it is time we get behind him and allow him to prove himself first without looking at him with any stereotype or past history. It's a new club, a new country and new fans. Sure, he might not have won as many Serie A titles as we might like even with the players at his disposal, but condemning him now without giving him a chance is not right.

Hiddink said it himself, this club needs stability, and stability doesn't come in just half a season. We need to stick it out with a manager, this is our 5th in 2 years ffs. I am not a fan of Ancelotti but we should all get behind him and give him our support, and allow him to show us what he has got, before we come to conclusions.

• Administrators

Very basic squad appraisal this season

10 - Lampard

9 - Anelka, A.Cole

8 - Terry, Ivanovic, Essien, Mikel, Kalou

7 - Carvalho, Alex, Malouda, J. Cole, Drogba, Bosingwa, Cech

6 - Belletti, Ferreira, Ballack, Deco

5 - Di Santo, Quaresma

Seem about right?

Yes Alex should be an 8 think.

Pleased to see it confirmed, even though hes not my number one choice, as it means we can now seriously look into the transfer market. Hopefully Ray will stay as he can speak Italian, and seems to have a good raport with the players, which could prove a great link between Carlo and the others.

I hope to see the following leave in the summer: Ferreira, Deco and Kalou. With very suitable replacements coming in.

A very solid ITK on a Liverpool forum is saying that Chelsea are lining up a move for Peter Crouch, and have already sounded him out about it. Has there been anything on your forums about it?

Whats an ITK? and Peter Crouch :D Jokers.

An "In The Know" is someone who gets inside info on a club/transfer etc. He is really good usually and seems certain that Chelsea have made it known to Crouch that they are interested in signing him. It baffles me a little and part of me hopes it doesn't happen, but apparently we get a nice fat sell on fee if he moves and we need the money.

• Administrators

If anyone cares, we finished 6th in the Copa Amsterdam. Of 8. Two losses (0-2 to Ajax, 0-3 to Real Madrid) and two draws (2-2 with FCNH, 1-1 with Chivas), goals for Borini, Mellis and Nouble, usual suspects.

An "In The Know" is someone who gets inside info on a club/transfer etc. He is really good usually and seems certain that Chelsea have made it known to Crouch that they are interested in signing him. It baffles me a little and part of me hopes it doesn't happen, but apparently we get a nice fat sell on fee if he moves and we need the money.

25% of any fee

Very basic squad appraisal this season

10 - Lampard

9 - Anelka, A.Cole

8 - Terry, Ivanovic, Essien, Mikel, Kalou

7 - Carvalho, Alex, Malouda, J. Cole, Drogba, Bosingwa, Cech

6 - Belletti, Ferreira, Ballack, Deco

5 - Di Santo, Quaresma

Seem about right?

Alex - 8, Ivanovic -7, Belletti and Ferreira 5 tbh.

And Peter Crouch :D

Archived