Most Official Man of the Match Awards

1. Frank Lampard, 11

2. Nicolas Anelka, 6

3. Deco, 4

=. Didier Drogba, 4

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think there is anyone in the world at the moment that consistently produces such great statistics.

If we had proper wingers and a couple top notch strikers playing well all season hopefully would reduce our dependance on him.

http://www.footballpartnerships.com/2009/01/episode-10-mike-forde-on-art-science-and-culture-in-football/

I'd been looking for this for some time till someone linked to it on CFCNet and it's massively interesting. It's a presentation given by our Performance Director Mike Forde, speaking about culture, science etc in football. Also talks of our recruitment processes. He speaks about Soloman Kalou and his progress since joining, and his value to the team based on stats.

Also talks about about a 19 year old, widely believed to be Danny Sturridge.

• Administrators

Good listen that, the second half of it especially. The most interesting stuff for me is the recruitment process and hopefully the sort of detail they look at to stop us signing Pirlo etc, and hopefully Scolari's signing of Deco was just to placate him.

The Kalou stuff is great :cool: and yeah, that 19 year-old kinda has to be Sturridge, whilst his numbers are low they're in that mid-graph range Forde's on about and there's nobody else who really fits that bill off my head.

Im worried though, who on earth are we going to replace him with?

We don't have to for atleast 4 more seasons :smug: :D

Seriously though, I don't think there's anyone in the world I'd replace him with. Frank is just super :cool:

Here in Brasil people are linking the midfielder Hernanes from São Paulo FC with Chelsea and AC Milan. For those who doesn't know he was chosen the best player of the Brazilian League in 2008 and has already played for the national team.

I hope he signs with Chelsea, Premier League is a better league than Serie A :p hehe

• Administrators

I want him badly. Don't see it happening, especially after hearing Mike Forde say the club prefers a player from South America to have had one transition before coming to England (hence cocking up the Pato deal and trying to send him to CSKA), but at his age, versatility and talent he would be a brilliant signing.

So we've supposedly failed in a bid to sign Villa according to Valencia.

That is right: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3361467&postcount=675 but:

'Chelsea made an important offer for him (Villa). But the answer (from Valencia) was 'no' because negotiations with Real Madrid are very advanced.
If that fails, who knows.

*waves* Only just managed to find my way over here! Didn't realise there was a whole other section to this place that didn't involve talking about the little cirlces (I don't do the 3D viewing) running around on my screen!

As for the current discussion! Definately Pato over Benzema, but Villa over both. Pity its looking really grim on that front. Going to be an interesting transfer window again! ^_^

*waves* Only just managed to find my way over here! Didn't realise there was a whole other section to this place that didn't involve talking about the little cirlces (I don't do the 3D viewing) running around on my screen!

As for the current discussion! Definately Pato over Benzema, but Villa over both. Pity its looking really grim on that front. Going to be an interesting transfer window again! ^_^

Welcome to the thread :thup:

Being linked with Gattuso today - whilst we don't need yet another old-ish central midfielder, i can't help but think that a gattuso and essien CM partnership would terrify everyone. 90 minutes of being kicked off the park :D

After Chelsea cooled there interest in Marko Arnautovic (FC Twente), they now have Moussa Dembélé in sight.

The Belgium international is being followed by Juventus, Fiorentina, Genoa and Sevilla, but only Genoa have made a offer, which Chairmen/owner of AZ Dick Scheringa has rejected.

He wants 20M€ for the forward.

According to the Dutch press Chelsea is preparing a offer, a bit less but Dembélé will be loaned back for 1 season.

Any news on this in the UK?

Being linked with Gattuso today - whilst we don't need yet another old-ish central midfielder, i can't help but think that a gattuso and essien CM partnership would terrify everyone. 90 minutes of being kicked off the park :D

:( We dont need old midfielders

Archived