The 2008/09 Juliano Belletti thread

macca69

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post season is dull, lets have a little competition. You have to predict our starting line up for the first league game of next season. The winner is whomever gets the most right. The prize is nothing but fair praise and our admiration. This competition is fully endorsed by Juliano.

I'll go first:

................... Cech ..................

Johnson ... Terry ... Alex ... Cole

........... Mikel ......... Essien .......

Ribery ........ Lampard ..... Zhirkov

.................. Drogba .................

That team would be great btw. Pato to arrive from the bench. xmassivelyoptimistic

Bosingwa ... Terry ... Alex ... Cole

Cole ........ Lampard ..... Zhirkov

New signings will include: Pato, Sturridge, Adam Johnson

Yeah if Lampard doesnt win an award for Midfielder of the year somewhere, im calling shenanigans.

Bosingwa.. ... Terry ... Alex ... Cole

Villa ........ Lampard ..... Malouda

In a perfect world:

Bosingwa.. ... Terry ... Alex ... Cole

.......Lampard .......... Essien ........

Ribery ............................. Malouda

.......Aguero.............Villa.............

He was talked of as a part of any Arnautovic deal but I since that's not happening I dunno. If we go after Elia, same applies.

Chelsea after Elia, first time I hear this, so far only Ajax, PSV and HSV (when Jol was still in charge) expressed there interest.

Very basic squad appraisal this season

10 - Lampard

9 - Anelka, A.Cole

8 - Terry, Ivanovic, Essien, Mikel, Kalou

7 - Carvalho, Alex, Malouda, J. Cole, Drogba, Bosingwa, Cech

6 - Belletti, Ferreira, Ballack, Deco

5 - Di Santo, Quaresma

Seem about right?

Has Branislav Ivanovic really been good enough to earn an 8??

I am just asking, btw, because I don't think he has been.

6+5 won't happen, contravenes EU law.

No to Johnson btw.

I'm going to start out by saying I don't support 6+5 rule, but how does it contravene EU law? Doesn't the law state that it allows freedom to work wherever you please? The 6+5 rule doesn't limit where these players can work. Chelsea can hire as many Africans as they want, but they have to put at least 6 English players on the field.

But on the other hand, I do see where it does because that is forcing every club to buy English players or they can't play.

Isnt the 6+5 rule coming in this year in Europe though?

It starts in 2010-2011 as a 4+7 rule, isn't it?

Then in in 2011-12 it will become a 5+6 and in 2012-13 it will finally become a 6+5.

I'm going to start out by saying I don't support 6+5 rule, but how does it contravene EU law? Doesn't the law state that it allows freedom to work wherever you please? The 6+5 rule doesn't limit where these players can work. Chelsea can hire as many Africans as they want, but they have to put at least 6 English players on the field.

But on the other hand, I do see where it does because that is forcing every club to buy English players or they can't play.

At the end of the day, its just another way of forcing English clubs down the European football pecking order.

The more I think about Ancelotti the less I dislike him. He said all the right things in his interview and I want him to suceed. We need stability now, 5th manager in 2 years is just crazy.

It's :cool: tbh . ;)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=653611&sec=transfers&cc=5739

Would be a great capture if he came here, although Kenyon would always know we could have bagged him infinitely cheaper if we'd signed him when we first spoke to his agent and didn't try and get him loaned to Russia to see if he was good enough. As for Ancelotti, I'm less than delighted given as how I value the league way above Europe and I really, really want to see some youth being brought through since the talent is there. However, there's no reason not to wish him well since we're stuck with him now and all power to him if he gets us playing well and winning.

Archived