• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, hyrule_king said:

Way to build the anticipation. :)

I needed the thread link for the corresponding video :lol:

That said, there may well be a chance that it's released a little earlier, if I can get everything sorted.

• GIMN changed the title to [FM24][SKIN] Mustermann Iconic - OUT NOW!!!
2 hours ago, milenec11 said:

Is possible to tell us the range of attributes in each color shape exp yellow is from there to there etc etc .?

The default range with the game, which is outlined in the key in the video.  The colour depends on which colour scheme you use, so in terms of size from smallest to biggest:

Poor 1-5
Average 6-10
Good 11-15
Excellent 16-20

2 hours ago, zaungast said:

Thank you so much for your dedication!

Unfortunately I stumbled upon a minor bug with major implications right away: When you play in german (did only check eng/ger) you are not allowed to tweak PI´s because the confirm button is hidden. :lol:

mustermann_bug.jpg

B*gger.  I'd fixed this for FM23, too.  Then completely forgot.  Damn German language and it's long words :lol:

I'll see if I can find what I did to fix it, and let you know.  Might not be until tomorrow.

First I would like to say thank you for your impressive work :applause:

I'm also looking for the german fix above :)

One question and one small issue:

Would you compare a Winger with a striker or a midfielder role? Not sure, for me it's a little bit of both?

A small ring in Possession Lost isn't good, right? In this example he lost the ball more then other Players in this Role, right?

Bildschirmfoto2023-11-27um23_10_58.thumb.png.c1e49412546b47860d544bf37e5f4259.png

When I go with the mouse over the description in this small chart I always see Work Rate instead of the chosen one. 

Bildschirmfoto2023-11-27um23_11_11.png.bc57c4d20fa129d345fa1dc06edc2464.png

Same when I go over this chart with the mouse. Always Dribbles Made per 90.

Bildschirmfoto2023-11-27um23_30_12.png.f4f33488d15c0ff5919c69915b112806.png

Br

Volker

Edited by sgevolker

10 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

Would you compare a Winger with a striker or a midfielder role? Not sure, for me it's a little bit of both?

In the example of Bakari, I would compare him with Attacking Midfielders.  It is based on players Best Position with MR & ML considered as Attacking Midfielders alongside AMRs and AMLs.  CMs are largely considered as Defensive Midfielders.  If the Winger was a hybrid forward, and had a preferred role of Inside Forward or Raumdeuter, I would probably choose to compare them against Forwards.

14 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

A small ring in Possession Lost isn't good, right? In this example he lost the ball more then other Players in this Role, right?

Correct.  Bigger is always better.  So for possession lost, that would mean the slice is bigger if the number is smaller.  It is worth pointing out that Bakari is around the 60th percentile.  Meaning he is performing better than 60% of other players in that position group, so he's not doing too bad in that respect (even if it's not as impressive as some of his other areas).

16 minutes ago, sgevolker said:

When I go with the mouse over the description in this small chart I always see Work Rate instead of the chosen one. 

Bildschirmfoto2023-11-27um23_11_11.png.bc57c4d20fa129d345fa1dc06edc2464.png

That's nothing to worry about, I'll see if I can disable the popup hint.  Basically the way it works is each image is actually layered on top of each other, with the selection in the bottom left being on the very top.  So when you hover over it shows a hint that says what the attribute is for the top layer.

Amazing work, its the first time I'm trying this skin and it looks really interesting.

i don't know if it is a bug or not, but when you praise/criticize a player for his training then the "praise/criticize" button doesn't go away.

i know its silly but if you want to praise 10-15 players it is still there and you can do it multiple times.

More of an aesthetic thing 

2 minutes ago, zois92 said:

Amazing work, its the first time I'm trying this skin and it looks really interesting.

i don't know if it is a bug or not, but when you praise/criticize a player for his training then the "praise/criticize" button doesn't go away.

i know its silly but if you want to praise 10-15 players it is still there and you can do it multiple times.

More of an aesthetic thing 

This is something that's been prevalent in all skins since FME came across with this idea, if the aesthetic is problematic simply go through one by one as I don't think this is something that's going to get fixed 

6 minutes ago, JustHowie said:

This is something that's been prevalent in all skins since FME came across with this idea, if the aesthetic is problematic simply go through one by one as I don't think this is something that's going to get fixed 

thanks for the quick response.

it just seemed weird because on the previous skin i used worked fine (SAS skin).

25 minutes ago, GIMN said:

In the example of Bakari, I would compare him with Attacking Midfielders.  It is based on players Best Position with MR & ML considered as Attacking Midfielders alongside AMRs and AMLs.  CMs are largely considered as Defensive Midfielders.  If the Winger was a hybrid forward, and had a preferred role of Inside Forward or Raumdeuter, I would probably choose to compare them against Forwards.

Correct.  Bigger is always better.  So for possession lost, that would mean the slice is bigger if the number is smaller.  It is worth pointing out that Bakari is around the 60th percentile.  Meaning he is performing better than 60% of other players in that position group, so he's not doing too bad in that respect (even if it's not as impressive as some of his other areas).

That's nothing to worry about, I'll see if I can disable the popup hint.  Basically the way it works is each image is actually layered on top of each other, with the selection in the bottom left being on the very top.  So when you hover over it shows a hint that says what the attribute is for the top layer.

Correct me if im wrong or if its mentioned in a previous version of the skin.
When you look at the pizza chart, for example here with Bakari the different colors indicate attacking/defensive/possesion actions right?

6 minutes ago, zois92 said:

Correct me if im wrong or if its mentioned in a previous version of the skin.
When you look at the pizza chart, for example here with Bakari the different colors indicate attacking/defensive/possesion actions right?

That is correct!

2 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

Amazing work as always, be interested to understand how you do your data collection for your analytical tools.

Percentile analysis is, thankfully given the size of the data set, a relatively easy thing.  Run loads of holiday saves on full detail, export at the end of season (for the respective leagues - so an extraction around Christmas for Summer leagues, and an extraction around end of May for Winter leagues).  Chuck it in a spreadsheet, let formulas do the work.

Archetypes was a bit trickier.  It's based loosely on the article by The Athletic, so I know the metrics, but then needed to refine as to which percentiles a player should appear in to be considered elite - aiming to have between 10-15% of all players from the expected positions to match the criteria, and as few players from other positions as possible.  Had to put a little Google Apps Script together for that.

3 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Percentile analysis is, thankfully given the size of the data set, a relatively easy thing.  Run loads of holiday saves on full detail, export at the end of season (for the respective leagues - so an extraction around Christmas for Summer leagues, and an extraction around end of May for Winter leagues).  Chuck it in a spreadsheet, let formulas do the work.

Archetypes was a bit trickier.  It's based loosely on the article by The Athletic, so I know the metrics, but then needed to refine as to which percentiles a player should appear in to be considered elite - aiming to have between 10-15% of all players from the expected positions to match the criteria, and as few players from other positions as possible.  Had to put a little Google Apps Script together for that.

Well if it's that easy... :D 

Do you have any additional data in your data sets or are you only exporting what you are using? I would like to add a couple of additional metrics for a couple of positions and wondered if you have the data already.

Regardless, as we have discussed previously I really enjoy picking through your skin. It has helped me develop my own personal skin a lot so thank you.

1 minute ago, Jellico73 said:

Hey @GIMN

If I want to change the color for these:

image.png.498398624daa4687675e764419773238.png

Is it the 214-241lines in the Mustermann Iconic Settings.xml

Appreciate the help,

Jellico

If you want to change the colour scheme - so all elements of claret & blue in this particular example, that will be the bits labelled "mustermann#" and "gimn#" in those rows.

If you just want to change the colours for attributes, then rows 275-285 are what you're looking for, starting from "low attribute".

6 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

Well if it's that easy... :D 

Do you have any additional data in your data sets or are you only exporting what you are using? I would like to add a couple of additional metrics for a couple of positions and wondered if you have the data already.

Regardless, as we have discussed previously I really enjoy picking through your skin. It has helped me develop my own personal skin a lot so thank you.

There's a few extra metrics that I thought I might need, but generally tried to trim out anything unnecessary to avoid lag.  I mean, player names ended up being uneccessary so they got axed pretty much straight away!

Here's a view only copy (you should be able to make an editable copy from it): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WhCrw0L2V-zMyVA9JNT9hvvrq7joKvn2lqKHhgG3s04/edit#gid=1517054106

3 minutes ago, GIMN said:

If you want to change the colour scheme - so all elements of claret & blue in this particular example, that will be the bits labelled "mustermann#" and "gimn#" in those rows.

If you just want to change the colours for attributes, then rows 275-285 are what you're looking for, starting from "low attribute".

So instead of <colour name="low attribute"                                                                 value="mustermann1"/>

I would rename it <colour name="low attribute"                                                                 value="rgb(211,47,47)"/>

Or would it be better to change the <colour name="mustermann1" rgb settings in line 228

Thanks for the help!

4 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

So instead of <colour name="low attribute"                                                                 value="mustermann1"/>

I would rename it <colour name="low attribute"                                                                 value="rgb(211,47,47)"/>

Or would it be better to change the <colour name="mustermann1" rgb settings in line 228

Thanks for the help!

If you just want to change the colour of the attributes, change to <colour name="low attribute"                                                                 value="rgb(211,47,47)"/>

55 minutes ago, GIMN said:

If you just want to change the colour of the attributes, change to <colour name="low attribute"                                                                 value="rgb(211,47,47)"/>

Got it, thanks.

This is what I get for spending 6 hours eyeballs deep in SQL tables today...

1 minute ago, Jellico73 said:

@GIMN

I switched my color scheme to the Claret and Blue, and noticed this:
image.png.a9cb6ee981733225d5ced3c84e2e8b8e.png

What would I need to change to make the background on those the same claret color as the headline/title?

Appreciate the help!

Jellico

Mustermann Iconic\graphics\buttons\custom\interface\notification\button.xml

Change the red_replacement value

8 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Mustermann Iconic\graphics\buttons\custom\interface\notification\button.xml

Change the red_replacement value

I changed the red replacement value and the button turned black, but when I changed the blue replacement value it turned the color I wanted it to:
image.png.0cffc422838de0c22c4b8e121020f1c8.png

Not an exact match but I can find it. 

Thanks again for the help.

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

That's just showing the base graphic without colouring.  Did you put values in as rgb (I think for graphic xmls you might need to use colours already defined in the settings file)?

Yes, replace the original value with the rgb values I wanted to use.  Seems to be working so far.  

40 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

Yes, replace the original value with the rgb values I wanted to use.  Seems to be working so far.  

What I mean is that your in your screenshot, the button is showing as the base graphic - it hasn't adopted the rgb values you've input:

image.png.733ec76a5e698d6871d79e4d907fb015.png

Good that it works for what you want, but if you end up wanting to change to something different down the line, you'll need to define a colour in the settings file, and then reference that in the button.xml.  For example, let's say you wanted the background to be turqouise, you'd add something along the lines of this to the settings/[skin] settings.xml:

<colour name="jellicosturquoise"		value="rgb(0,188,212)"/>

then inside button.xml, you'd change:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="jellicosturquoise"/>

I really wish I chose an easier word to spell than turquoise.  Also, this is kind of meant as a generic response too for anyone else wanting to know.

Edited by GIMN

Thank you so much for your incredible creativity. As a gamer of over two decades, I'm eagerly looking forward to embarking on the Football Manager 24 journey with the skins you've crafted, anticipating a completely unique gaming experience. I have two questions I'd like to seek your insights on:

1、I believe it would be beneficial to introduce a direct "Substitute" button during matches. This would streamline the player substitution process, eliminating the need to navigate to the tactical interface.

2、As a player from China, I've noticed some translation bug. I'm curious about the folder where the player attribute names below the images are located. I'd like to try fixing them on my own.

屏幕截图(53).png

@GIMN

i always like to start as unemployed so in mid season a took Mainz I have noticed that in pizza chart (or any stats scheme) I get no info at all for GKs 

is this a bug ? Or something that need to be shown at progress?
and something else . They are only 3 stats for Defensive players ( tackles pressure heads won ) any plan to add any or because space will remain as it is ?
later I will send images about what I mentioned above ( not possible at the time ).

as I said biblical work 

thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, rexx.wu said:

Thank you so much for your incredible creativity. As a gamer of over two decades, I'm eagerly looking forward to embarking on the Football Manager 24 journey with the skins you've crafted, anticipating a completely unique gaming experience. I have two questions I'd like to seek your insights on:

1、I believe it would be beneficial to introduce a direct "Substitute" button during matches. This would streamline the player substitution process, eliminating the need to navigate to the tactical interface.

2、As a player from China, I've noticed some translation bug. I'm curious about the folder where the player attribute names below the images are located. I'd like to try fixing them on my own.

屏幕截图(53).png

Thank you for the kind words.

1. I had considered this previously, but decided against it as it's more clicks than clicking on the player you want to substitute at the bottom and using the quick substitution menu item there.  I will consider again.

2. Oh, that's interesting.  One is my mistake, the other seems to be an SI issue - as "Command" is pointing to an existing translation string in game.  I will look into this for the next update.  In the meantime, you will want to go to Mustermann Iconic/panels/player/mustermann/overview/attributes graphical.xml.  For rushing out, you can change 

translation_id="252487"

to

translation_id="227890"

For Command, try changing:

translation_id="255275"

to

translation_id="561006"

3 hours ago, vara said:

Incredible! this is outstanding work, mate. congratulations and well done. the name is perfect too :applause:

Thank you very much!

i always like to start as unemployed so in mid season a took Mainz I have noticed that in pizza chart (or any stats scheme) I get no info at all for GKs 

Please do send screenshots.

They are only 3 stats for Defensive players ( tackles pressure heads won ) any plan to add any or because space will remain as it is ?

No, it will remain as is.  Whilst it sits in the possession section, I would contend that Possession Won is a defensive stat, and and is the closest analog to the Ball Recoveries metric used by Smarter Scout/The Athletic.

3 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

Untitled1.png

The keeper has very low figures for; and so the bars are very low.

3 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

Untitled2.png

Goalkeeping visualisations are only available in pizza chart form currently.

4 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

Untitled.png

Percentages are relevant to the stat above (e.g. 6 tackles won, at 67%).  There do appear to be some translation strings changed, though, so I will look to rectify this.  In the meantime you can hover over the stat for clarification.

The circles below, there are only 2 attributes in that training category.

20 minutes ago, GIMN said:

The keeper has very low figures for; and so the bars are very low.

Goalkeeping visualisations are only available in pizza chart form currently.

Percentages are relevant to the stat above (e.g. 6 tackles won, at 67%).  There do appear to be some translation strings changed, though, so I will look to rectify this.  In the meantime you can hover over the stat for clarification.

The circles below, there are only 2 attributes in that training category.

If I want to add those missing descriptions where to search ? Panel I meant. Ok so for the time only pizza chart . Yes poor GK that’s why I sell him haha

12 hours ago, zaungast said:

Thank you so much for your dedication!

Unfortunately I stumbled upon a minor bug with major implications right away: When you play in german (did only check eng/ger) you are not allowed to tweak PI´s because the confirm button is hidden. :lol:

mustermann_bug.jpg

Put the file in the Mustermann Iconic/panels/dialogs folder.  Reload the skin with caching off.

image.thumb.png.7aa7d2a16c9a1ce40ef4b15d798f119a.png

tactics position instructions dialog.xml

Just now, milenec11 said:

If I want to add those missing descriptions where to search ? Panel I meant. Ok so for the time only pizza chart . Yes poor GK that’s why I sell him haha

Mustermann Iconic/panels/player/mustermann/overview/player performance stats.xml

4 小时前, GIMN说:

Thank you for the kind words.

1. I had considered this previously, but decided against it as it's more clicks than clicking on the player you want to substitute at the bottom and using the quick substitution menu item there.  I will consider again.

2. Oh, that's interesting.  One is my mistake, the other seems to be an SI issue - as "Command" is pointing to an existing translation string in game.  I will look into this for the next update.  In the meantime, you will want to go to Mustermann Iconic/panels/player/mustermann/overview/attributes graphical.xml.  For rushing out, you can change 

translation_id="252487"

to

translation_id="227890"

For Command, try changing:

translation_id="255275"

to

translation_id="561006"

Thank you very much!

Please do send screenshots.

No, it will remain as is.  Whilst it sits in the possession section, I would contend that Possession Won is a defensive stat, and and is the closest analog to the Ball Recoveries metric used by Smarter Scout/The Athletic.

Thank you for your answer, the above question has been solved, thank you very much. 

However, I found another problem during the game. In the Champions League, the new icon will block the scoreboard. How can I solve it? 

屏幕截图(54).png

This looks amazing, and I've used your Skins before in previous FMs - I love that the player traits aren't an after thought as with so many other skins and they have their own clear and spaced section

Only sticking point to me is the Player Overview page - I was wondering how easy it would be for me to left align the entire player overview and then with the space on the right side, to be able to add sections (either fixed or with a customisable dropdown) in that would potentially float on the screen as I scroll down etc - I have some HTML/CSS knowledge but never made changes to an FM skin
--
The right half of my current skin I use has a easy to see squad comparison and pro and cons etc without the need to scroll down as an example

image.png.5a9b60c5c4c3d454d45a0a32787e347e.png

37 minutes ago, rexx.wu said:

Thank you for your answer, the above question has been solved, thank you very much. 

However, I found another problem during the game. In the Champions League, the new icon will block the scoreboard. How can I solve it? 

屏幕截图(54).png

You'll need to edit panels/client_object/client object browser.xml:

<!--replay controls-->
<widget class="match_replay_controls_panel" id="mrcp" disable_layout_attachments_when_embedded="true">
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal,top" inset="0,0,0,222" />

<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
</widget>

The inset here will need to be reset to whatever the default was (I can't remember off the top of my head).  You will then need to delete panels/match/match replay controls panel.xml

7 minutes ago, DEERHAUNTER said:

Only sticking point to me is the Player Overview page - I was wondering how easy it would be for me to left align the entire player overview and then with the space on the right side, to be able to add sections (either fixed or with a customisable dropdown) in that would potentially float on the screen as I scroll down etc - I have some HTML/CSS knowledge but never made changes to an FM skin

XML is just a mark-up language, so I'm sure you'd find it very easy.  I have annotated throughout panels/player/player overview panel.xml, so you should be able to see how the screen has been laid out and make adjustments, although as it is split in sections vertically, you might need to get creative with how you put things in to the right of it!

15 hours ago, GIMN said:

There's a few extra metrics that I thought I might need, but generally tried to trim out anything unnecessary to avoid lag.  I mean, player names ended up being uneccessary so they got axed pretty much straight away!

Here's a view only copy (you should be able to make an editable copy from it): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WhCrw0L2V-zMyVA9JNT9hvvrq7joKvn2lqKHhgG3s04/edit#gid=1517054106

Thanks for sharing this, a real treasure trove of information and will personally save me loads of time.