Is it worth starting a new save now - updates coming?

You may want to wait if you don't want to deal with the interaction chaos. Plus with luck they'll address some of the issues around the AI which may make the opposition a bit more competitive. I'm waiting. 

8 hours ago, vincenzo incendio said:

I'm still playing the save I started with the beta. I'm loving it and can't stand the thought of walking away. I'll eventually start a new one but for now this is making me happy. 

Same for me. Going into season 3 now, just got promotion to La Liga 2 and better clubs are offering me interviews. Impossible to start over right now haha. 

I'm waiting for the updates  Got my team, tactics , set pieces etc set up and saved in files ready to go 

Re set up some pre season training schedules that I had and now gonna re -set up my season 1st team  U 18 and reserve training schedules, since they can't be imported from fm23

Once updates are confirmed will start again and plug in and play all the saved info

Edited by wazza

2 hours ago, wazza said:

I'm waiting for the updates  Got my team, tactics , set pieces etc set up and saved in files ready to go 

Re set up some pre season training schedules that I had and now gonna re -set up my season 1st team  U 18 and reserve training schedules, since they can't be imported from fm23

Once updates are confirmed will start again and plug in and play all the saved info

Why don’t u start now cause the updates will apply to all saves?

I always get the Mrs to buy it me for Christmas. Always done it as most major bugs are cleared before then and I can get on with my long term career. Plus I don't have time from October until Xmas anyway. Have tested the demo version and looking forward to it as the ME seemed awesome!

1 hour ago, Brad0026 said:

What database fixes are being done?

No idea the post from SI reports data issues been patched and this will require new save and I want to start with a full upto date data base.

In the data bugs section it shows all the reporteed dB issues and the data lock was before the early access was out. So I'm guessing that the data fixes will include the reported bugs.

Edited by wazza

Nope, Because you will miss out on some updates for the DB. And they said the update will be early this week, so its not exactly like you have long to wait you may as well wait a few days to get it.

I could understand not wanting to wait if they had said its coming next month.

Edited by Zapoleon

1 hour ago, Brad0026 said:

What database fixes are being done?

There are at least some kind of licencing things. This can be found in the Comment on Update:

What we cannot do is add players to the game that joined after the data cut off point – the roster list is set at a particular date as part of the official licensing agreement, and that’s how the license works for us and other partners.

2 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

if they had said its coming next month

Sad part here is, that there will be an update soon in a few days, but also another... SOON. How soon - maybe even SI doesn't know that yet.

I'm a bit worried about this bit of info in the Comment      Updates to player interactions         in that update coming on later.

I have seen comments that these interactions can make your team furious for a long time. Not good.

It seems that it's better to wait for these both updates.

3 hours ago, wazza said:

No idea the post from SI reports data issues been patched and this will require new save and I want to start with a full upto date data base.

In the data bugs section it shows all the reporteed dB issues and the data lock was before the early access was out. So I'm guessing that the data fixes will include the reported bugs.

Data lock?

2 hours ago, Benjy92 said:

Data lock?

SI said that the data in the database was locked  before early access release.  Once they do the fixes they will provide a new database version with the bug fixes. This though means you have to start a new game for those fixes to be implemented into a save.

Any other fixes will be save game compatible as always. 

59 minutes ago, wazza said:

SI said that the data in the database was locked  before early access release.  Once they do the fixes they will provide a new database version with the bug fixes. This though means you have to start a new game for those fixes to be implemented into a save.

Any other fixes will be save game compatible as always. 

So the database is messed up and they weren’t able to fix it after the early access release? 

30 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

So the database is messed up and they weren’t able to fix it after the early access release? 

The idea of early access (beta as it was previously called) is for more people to spot bugs so they can be fixed. 

Have a look at the data base bug forums that was live during early access to report such bugs. This wIll tell you what bugs we're reported so they can be fixed.

There have been no fixes for the database  and these are coming in the next  two updates as advised  by SI as below thread

Edited by wazza

20 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

weren’t able to fix it after the early access release?

Something with licensing, they say.

But, does that mean missing some late transfers in all the playable leagues, or in just a few?

And, in any way, starting a new save would just mean that the starting date would be a bit earlier than normal.

Personally, I'm waiting all those other fixes.

I've read a few posts about Turkish researchers not correcting their European partners about players in Turkish Super League so I pause my career game for now. But real reason was passive AI and very late substitutes during beta. Match engine and animations are great. Decided to continue my career in Persia in Crusader Kings.

1 hour ago, D3an0mac said:

I'm waiting for the World Cup and Euro hosts to be corrected. Even after the latest update I still get Euro 2028 in Italy and World Cup 2030 and Euro 2032 in Turkey

Would you say the rest of the game is good, anccurate and realistic?

Edited by Brad0026

3 hours ago, nico_france said:

Are others updates incoming shortly ?

So, this was published with the recent update: (copied from Steam)

--  --  --

Content Update changelist – Coming soon

We are also working hard on a wider list of updates with a near future target-date to address some of the other feedback we have received including:

• Improvements to AI squad building and substitutions logic
  • Further updates to the match engine
  • Updates to player interactions
  • Quality of life improvements
  • Additional stability updates & bug fixes
  • Localisation fixes and updates
  • Data updates

--  --  --

IMO that might not even be the 24.2 update... Maybe 24.1.2. (At least I have now database version 24.1.1.)

And if those   player interactions   can ruin your teams morale, as told, then that next update should come ASAP.

8 hours ago, Brad0026 said:

Most changes were save compatible might keep same save how about you?

Haven't started a save yet tbh. Just been having a play around and trying to decide where to start. Probably start one by the weekend and then stick with in until the winter update. 

Buggiest launch in at least 3-4 versions. I stopped playing fm24. 

Fully setup my Andorra save with all the mods. Leagues realism realname etc in fm23. 

Once all the bugs are fixed I'll just import over. 

People are still reporting keeper injury rate. 

And normal injuries feel off. It's either the frequency or how they all bunch up. It just feels off. I don't mind having apt of injuries but the way it happens in 24 is weird. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 00:03, vincenzo incendio said:

I'm still playing the save I started with the beta. I'm loving it and can't stand the thought of walking away. I'll eventually start a new one but for now this is making me happy. 

Me too, getting near the end of the 8th season. Interactions were only an issue for me in the first season. I've seen none of the other major issues people have been complaining about, and in fact, have been very impressed with the way the AI is managing the other teams in terms of transfers, selections, and developing young players. Better than it's been for many years. Still the odd little niggle here and there, but I can live with that.