Nation Short Name [FM24 Editor]

giglet13

2 hours ago, giglet13 said:

I've raised as bug if you can flag too. I'm sure a good edt file could over ride but it feels like a bug 

how do you do this I tried to change the nation name in an INC file but it didn't work

1 hour ago, zangelmi said:

here is the same , i have my greenland file and I import to fm 24 and short name is C.I.S and i cant change

image.thumb.png.3550e4ccc7bb595dc3ba7ed8913272a2.png

I raised this 2 weeks ago when i got the Beta . You think it would of been fixed by now

2 hours ago, alian62 said:

I raised this 2 weeks ago when i got the Beta . You think it would of been fixed by now

This is not top of the list during the beta phase, as much as I would want that.

11 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

Think last big pre game editor release errors took about 2 weeks for a hotfix.. we expecting the same for a fix again? 

Impossible for me to answer as a moderator. Also depends on what outside the editor is happening.

On 07/11/2023 at 03:58, zangelmi said:

here is the same , i have my greenland file and I import to fm 24 and short name is C.I.S and i cant change

image.thumb.png.3550e4ccc7bb595dc3ba7ed8913272a2.png

How do you manage regen names with your nation DB? I’ve created a new nation using Andorra but when I run a few seasons in all the players name are Spanish sounding

1 hora atrás, RenatoDonarinho disse:

How do you manage regen names with your nation DB? I’ve created a new nation using Andorra but when I run a few seasons in all the players name are Spanish sounding

Hi friend, I changed language of the country and regen name following the default country language

2 hours ago, RenatoDonarinho said:

Thanks, I’ve done that but still no luck

Some countries are hard-coded to have a certain name list. It wouldn't surprise me if Andorra was one of those, or if they were hard-coded to the same namelist as Catalan cities.

You can try changing the "language" of the city, the local region, and the nation itself, if that doesn't work, you might be screwed with Andorra

7 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Some countries are hard-coded to have a certain name list. It wouldn't surprise me if Andorra was one of those, or if they were hard-coded to the same namelist as Catalan cities.

You can try changing the "language" of the city, the local region, and the nation itself, if that doesn't work, you might be screwed with Andorra

I changed Andorra so it had no cities, regions or people. I’ve added my own cities and changed the language. Next step is to add a load of random people to the nation and see if the game uses those names instead

I reckon Andorra's got a hard-coded name list, they want them to pull from a wide Catalan namepool that can also affect newgens born in Catalunya, I bet. This probably isn't something you want to hear at this point but it might be worth restarting with a blank slate. Some of the extinct nations have empty name-pools but in terms of active micro-states you can write over and they'll still compete in everything, I'm not too sure which is best

27 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Some light reading

This guy even used Andorra and had issues:

Awesome, thank you. Quickly added in 25 officials and players are being created with the names in with Andorran names. I wasn’t planning on creating squads with players in but might be the only way around it to reduce the names seen….I don’t really want to start again as I’ve already added pretty much everything but added detail for half the clubs. Even looked at the option of using an extinct nation but that causes issues with Nations League that I don’t want to unpick lol

13 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Some light reading

This guy even used Andorra and had issues:

So after some thought and after adding over 150 officials and it not working. I’m going to not add players to playable clubs on game startup and I’m going to create around 10,000 custom regens using the EDT files (I have an excel that creates them randomly based on my list of names). Then I will see if I can flood the teams with enough players to drown out the base list.

1 hour ago, Mitza said:

I'm losing my mind over this, I hope to God it gets fixed next patch

There is a workaround, see the post above yours.

No need to lose your mind, although I hope with you it gets fixed with the next patch.

10 hours ago, xbenjaminx said:

Currency names have the same problem. When you edit them they bounce straight back to what they were. Really annoying. Exchange rate is changeable though.

Not sure currency name could be changed last year though.

22 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Not sure currency name could be changed last year though.

@Wolf_pd I think it's more a case of adding new currencies than changing existing ones, although the name changes would be nitpicky. I vaguely remember adding the Saint Helenian pound and some of the Channel Island Currencies when I was exploring the PGE last year. Maybe changing the current ones could be done through an lnc file if someone knows the handle to use, which I think is what @alian62 was suggesting? The principle would essentially be the same?

@cleiria your mod is pretty versatile and you seem to know a lot about the inner workings of FM so thought you'd be the best person to ask.

4 minutes ago, xbenjaminx said:

@Wolf_pd I think it's more a case of adding new currencies than changing existing ones, although the name changes would be nitpicky. I vaguely remember adding the Saint Helenian pound and some of the Channel Island Currencies when I was exploring the PGE last year. Maybe changing the current ones could be done through an lnc file if someone knows the handle to use, which I think is what @alian62 was suggesting? The principle would essentially be the same?

@cleiria your mod is pretty versatile and you seem to know a lot about the inner workings of FM so thought you'd be the best person to ask.

Best to keep those currency questions together in the thread in the download section, so we can address them together instead of taking this thread away from the main subject.

This seems to now be resolved in the latest update.  Would be nice for a change list to see if there's anything else other than this and the kit updates

EDIT: Looks like it was just those two based on the overall patch notes

Edited by forameuss

• 2 months later...
On 18/11/2023 at 22:46, cleiria said:

Can I use this for the long name too? I can change Soviet Union to Russia, but I can't change the Commonwealth of Soviet States (CIS) to Belarus. In game I get Russia, but I still get CIS or the long name too. Annoying the hell out of me.

4 minutos atrás, \'Appy \'Ammer disse:

Can I use this for the long name too? I can change Soviet Union to Russia, but I can't change the Commonwealth of Soviet States (CIS) to Belarus. In game I get Russia, but I still get CIS or the long name too. Annoying the hell out of me.

Try to substitute SHORT with LONG.

"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" Nation UID "Nation name" ""

I must be doing something silly as I can't get the name to change, long or short. I have put ...

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 574 "Belarus" ""

"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 574 "Belarus" ""

... into the nation.inc file and saved it in ...Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc

I have cleared cache and reloaded the skin but still I am reading CIS instead of Belarus. What have I done wrong?

5 horas atrás, \'Appy \'Ammer disse:

I must be doing something silly as I can't get the name to change, long or short. I have put ...

"NATION_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 574 "Belarus" ""

"NATION_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 574 "Belarus" ""

... into the nation.inc file and saved it in ...Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\data\database\db\2400\lnc

I have cleared cache and reloaded the skin but still I am reading CIS instead of Belarus. What have I done wrong?

It is in Portuguese, but you can see it work.

image.png.6ee634d09ad8b8f2d2f6a7a146c244ec.png

nation.lnc